Wargaming Premium Account for Gold

#premium #premium account wargaming account wot account wows account

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Asagiri_Kendai #1 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 21:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13571 battles
I'd really appreciate it if the World of Tanks staff could give me the ability to purchase a Wargaming premium account for gold within the game client. I have around 30k in gold from last year's Christmas event that I'm not using on anything else and because I play both, World of Tanks and World of Warships, I'd rather not just spend it on one account over the other.

F4U_wingman #2 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 87747 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostAsagiri_Kendai, on Oct 13 2019 - 12:47, said:

I'd really appreciate it if the World of Tanks staff could give me the ability to purchase a Wargaming premium account for gold within the game client. I have around 30k in gold from last year's Christmas event that I'm not using on anything else and because I play both, World of Tanks and World of Warships, I'd rather not just spend it on one account over the other.

Do you not look at the in-game store? or what about in the garage... do you not see the WoT Premium Extend tab?

Times have changed and maybe it is no longer possible to have both for the price of one. 

jst2gr8 #3 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 22:12

Captain

• Players
  • 65505 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostAsagiri_Kendai, on Oct 13 2019 - 13:47, said:

Ummmm, what? Did you actually try or just come straight to the forums to try to put down WG? 

If you click on the store in your garage and then click the premium days tab on the left of the screen it gives you a menu to buy premium days with gold. 

Now that was easy, wasn't it?

Ironmike11B #4 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 22:15

Major

• Players
  • 31765 battles

View PostAsagiri_Kendai, on Oct 13 2019 - 14:47, said:

Textbook example of a PEBKAC error.....

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #5 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 22:52

Captain

• Players
  • 29398 battles

baaaaaaahahahaha its totally in the store dude

Shibadogdog #6 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 53146 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Did any of you read the post, OP clearly said WG premium NOT WOT. I know reading is difficult but come on.

Ironmike11B #7 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 31765 battles

View PostShibadogdog, on Oct 13 2019 - 15:53, said:

Did any of you read the post, OP clearly said WG premium NOT WOT. I know reading is difficult but come on.

UGH. I hate it when I log into a game and the in-game store sells stuff for only that game.

jst2gr8 #8 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 23:40

Captain

• Players
  • 65505 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostShibadogdog, on Oct 13 2019 - 14:53, said:

Yes it must be very difficult for you because in the first sentence the OP states, "I'd really appreciate it if the World of Tanks staff could give me the ability to purchase a Wargaming premium account for gold within the game client." Hmm seems to me that he was indeed talking about WoT. 

Also, WoT and WoW are connected as in the premium days and gold. So you are able to use them in either game. 

Next

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Oct 13 2019 - 23:42.

brunosdad #9 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 8532 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H
World of Tanks and World of Warships are not linked any longer

Ironmike11B #10 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 00:21

Major

• Players
  • 31765 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Oct 13 2019 - 16:40, said:

Yes it must be very difficult for you because in the first sentence the OP states, "I'd really appreciate it if the World of Tanks staff could give me the ability to purchase a Wargaming premium account for gold within the game client." Hmm seems to me that he was indeed talking about WoT. 

Also, WoT and WoW are connected as in the premium days and gold. So you are able to use them in either game. 

Next

Wrong. That changed when they made the new premium account stuff. They are no longer linked.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-5-wot-prem-account/

EDIT: And it wasn't Wot and WoWS that were connected before. It was Wot and WoWP.

Edited by Ironmike11B, Oct 14 2019 - 00:30.

Isola_di_Fano #11 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 24378 battles

OP,

When WG introduced the different prem accounts they clearly stated that buying WG prem time for gold would still be available for a limited time; that time has passed.

You can still buy the WG premium time for $$$ in the WOWS shop if you want to, and it will be applicable to all WoT, WoWWS and WoWP.

jst2gr8 #12 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 02:33

Captain

• Players
  • 65505 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostIronmike11B, on Oct 13 2019 - 16:21, said:

Wrong. That changed when they made the new premium account stuff. They are no longer linked.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-5-wot-prem-account/

EDIT: And it wasn't Wot and WoWS that were connected before. It was Wot and WoWP.

I did not know they weren't connected anymore seeing how I can't play WoWs because it is way too slow and boring.

Ironmike11B #13 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 31765 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Oct 13 2019 - 19:33, said:

I did not know they weren't connected anymore seeing how I can't play WoWs because it is way too slow and boring.

I never understood why tanks and planes shared stuff but not ships. You used to be able to rack up at Christmas when planes would give tens of thousands of free xp in the loot boxes.

Projectile_Misfired #14 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostAsagiri_Kendai, on Oct 13 2019 - 20:47, said:

Yeah, I think the ability to do that ended Sept. 1, at the same time WG stopped the "auto-crediting" of WoT Premium Account whenever you bought WG Premium Time(the one good across all games).

Although, I could be wrong as WG may have yanked the ability to buy WG Premium Time using in-game as soon as update 1.5 dropped.

But, you've also been around long enough to know that if you want something WG is offering or want to do something with your account, you should do it when you can. WG will yank things early because....well, they're WG.

Shibadogdog #15 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 01:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 53146 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Oct 13 2019 - 16:40, said:

Next

yes and the next line says purchase Wargaming Premium! its right there in your quote..... read your own post lol

Asagiri_Kendai #16 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13571 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Oct 14 2019 - 02:50, said:

Yeah, I think the ability to do that ended Sept. 1, at the same time WG stopped the "auto-crediting" of WoT Premium Account whenever you bought WG Premium Time(the one good across all games).

Although, I could be wrong as WG may have yanked the ability to buy WG Premium Time using in-game as soon as update 1.5 dropped.

But, you've also been around long enough to know that if you want something WG is offering or want to do something with your account, you should do it when you can. WG will yank things early because....well, they're WG.

Very true. At the time that this change went into effect, I wasn't playing as often and didn't read the writing on the wall too carefully. And now that I'm trying to play more often, that inattentiveness is seriously biting me in the [edited]. Ah, well. Here's to hoping the WG gods will be extra nice this Christmas and allow it to happen or, barring that, provide something else that's worth the gold.

View PostShibadogdog, on Oct 15 2019 - 00:30, said:

yes and the next line says purchase Wargaming Premium! its right there in your quote..... read your own post lol

Appreciate your support here and earlier. I knew, just knew, that posting anything to the forums would likely cause a ruckus but somehow, I didn't anticipate the utter lack of reading comprehension. If WG had removed the ability to purchase a regular WG premium account from the get-go and restricted things to only a WoT account and WoWS account, I wouldn't have even bothered. But since you still can (granted, on the Warships page and not the Tanks page), I felt it was worth a try. Sure, the chances of someone in charge reading this and going, "Hey, what a nice idea!" are even lower than winning every cash lotto ever all in the same week, but why not, right?

View PostIronmike11B, on Oct 14 2019 - 01:41, said:

I never understood why tanks and planes shared stuff but not ships. You used to be able to rack up at Christmas when planes would give tens of thousands of free xp in the loot boxes.

On a related note, there was one year when the WoT store page had a 1-year WG premium account on sale at 50% off. Pretty awesome, right? I snatched it right up. One purchase per account, and you could only get 1 year. However, when I hopped over to the WoWP site, they had the same exact deal and somehow, I was able to buy it again. Never knew if that was a glitch or on purpose but hey, 2-years of premium time for the price of 1. Definitely not bad.

jst2gr8 #17 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:54

Captain

• Players
  • 65505 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostShibadogdog, on Oct 14 2019 - 17:30, said:

I know what I wrote and it isn't my fault you have difficulty understanding what these words mean when put into sentences. 

Altwar #18 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 58593 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

So anyway......

Wargaming premium time, that is the premium time that is still good across all three platforms (World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes is STILL available to buy for $$ in these locations:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/premium/ (World of Warships premium shop)

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wowp/premium/ (World of Warplanes premium shop)

But I know, the OP specified using gold and I believe I found the solution.   Seems to me it's still possible to buy premium time in the World of Warplanes game by selecting your account in game:

Spoiler

and then selecting your time: 

Spoiler

and as you can see at the bottom of this 2nd image, that is premium time for all 3 platforms.

This actually matters to me as well as I play both WoT and WoWs and I have a 30% coupon for some achievement.  Unfortunately, it's only good in the WoT shop for WoT time rather than the universal time so I'm going to let it expire.  Had it been good for the universal time, I'd have likely gone for a full year once more.  Ah well!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users