Equipment Headsets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hel0doctor68 #1 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 17:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8981 battles
  • [EF5] EF5
Hi all. What can I do to hear/talk during battles with my headset? I have a generic Logitech headset that I tried to synch up with my laptop and the game with no results. I tried to get WG to help and they told me to reload the game and everything will work. Nada. I feel like it would help my game if I could hear the others on my team. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Dark_Blue_Ink #2 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 18:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10849 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

Probably need more information to help.....Do you have sound from any other source?  Do you have the right driver installed? Is the device muted or is your computer muted?  Is the volume turned up?

I use a Logitech gaming headset and basic earbuds with my laptop.  I sometimes have to switch the sound and microphone between the 2 devices and the laptop speakers manually.

In the lower right corner of your screen for Windows, you should be able to see which speaker/microphone is being used.

Good luck!

Dark_Blue_Ink #3 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 18:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10849 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-
One more thought....if you are trying to use in-game voice chat, I think you have to he in a platoon and enable it with the H key.

Hel0doctor68 #4 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 17:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8981 battles
  • [EF5] EF5
Dark Blue Ink. thanks for the reply. I hear the sound fine thru my laptop and also if I plug in the headset. But I can't hear any team members thru the headset. The only think I hear is my talking. As to the driver, I just have whatever the game provided. I've tried to use a couple other chat apps but no luck. I'll try to platoon up to see if this is the problem. I always thought that team chat had everyone on your team able to talk to anyone else on the same team. 

dunniteowl #5 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 18:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

NO, team chat is NOT on by default.  Could you imagine the chaos of 15 people all yammering away at once, half of them cussing out their own team mates?

I think what you're describing is "normal operation" in that you have to platoon up, as D_B_I mentions and hit the "H" key (I believe him, I don't personally know) to activate your platoon comms.

Otherwise, you would have to get on Team Speak or Discord and hook up for sound through that as a group for voice comms.  I believe that is how they roll in clans and such where they do Clan Wars and Strong Holds.

OvO

[plays with sound off]

Also tagged with Equipment, Headsets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users