Jump to content


Holy #%$@!%^ $&^crackers!

micro transactions

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 00:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 30285 battles
  • 5,732
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

 I mean I've spent a lot of money on WoT and by and large I don't feel it's been wasted but wow, just wow...

 



HeraldricKnight #2 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 01:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8751 battles
  • 1,011
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012
Can't wait for the 'Microtransactions are gambling' statements to come cropping up. It's always someone else's fault. 

Guido1212 #3 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 01:52

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 81925 battles
  • 8,909
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Oct 15 2019 - 23:43, said:

 I mean I've spent a lot of money on WoT and by and large I don't feel it's been wasted but wow, just wow...

 

 

lmbo, talk about cynical.  This dude churns out white knight hysterical click bait videos to profit from the very thing he freaks out about.

 

That's fine, more power to him, but he's no better than what he is whining about all the time.

 

 



Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #4 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26699 battles
  • 2,441
  • Member since:
    03-30-2015
Lol isn't that the guy that made the videos about sirfoch when the Chrysler came out?

24_inch_pythons #5 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 30285 battles
  • 5,732
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Oct 15 2019 - 19:07, said:

Lol isn't that the guy that made the videos about sirfoch when the Chrysler came out?


 Yes



Gothraul #6 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2426 battles
  • 5,767
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostGuido1212, on Oct 16 2019 - 01:52, said:

 

lmbo, talk about cynical.  This dude churns out white knight hysterical click bait videos to profit from the very thing he freaks out about.

 

That's fine, more power to him, but he's no better than what he is whining about all the time.

 

 

 

Grabs the snacks and cold beer.

 



__WarChild__ #7 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33356 battles
  • 6,070
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017
This better not mess up my Holiday Boxes this year.  Daddy needs some LOOT!  :coin:

IndygoEEI #8 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 61677 battles
  • 6,092
  • [K-H] K-H
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

Well I unsubbed to him on youtube after the Carlos Maza incident where he threw youtubers

under the bus.  If you wanna know more, PM me as I can get shot banned for being slightly

political even though the president or congress is not involved.



vonkevin #9 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30650 battles
  • 1,180
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 15 2019 - 20:24, said:

Can't wait for the 'Microtransactions are gambling' statements to come cropping up. It's always someone else's fault. 

 

Anytime anybody wants to go on & on about gambling & how evil it is, I always ask them if they have Insurance.  Because that is all Insurance is.  Insurance companies are just bookies, and when you buy insurance you are just simply hedging a bet.  :hiding:



24_inch_pythons #10 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 30285 battles
  • 5,732
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Postvonkevin, on Oct 15 2019 - 19:41, said:

 

Anytime anybody wants to go on & on about gambling & how evil it is, I always ask them if they have Insurance.  Because that is all Insurance is.  Insurance companies are just bookies, and when you buy insurance you are just simply hedging a bet.  :hiding:


 Oh my god, that's hilarious. Insurance is a financial tool used to stave off financial ruin. Let's say you have a half million dollar mortgage, your house burns down, what are you going to do? Your bank doesn't care that your house burned down, you owe them half a million dollars. Are you just going to take another mortgage for half a million dollars? Who's going to give you that mortgage? So now you have no house and you still owe the bank half a million dollars, you're financially ruined.

 Gambling isn't a tool to stave off financial ruin, it causes financial ruin.



Tao_Te_Tomato #11 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27762 battles
  • 2,737
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Oct 16 2019 - 02:48, said:


 Oh my god, that's hilarious. Insurance is a financial tool used to stave off financial ruin. Let's say you have a half million dollar mortgage, your house burns down, what are you going to do? Your bank doesn't care that your house burned down, you owe them half a million dollars. Are you just going to take another mortgage for half a million dollars? Who's going to give you that mortgage? So now you have no house and you still owe the bank half a million dollars, you're financially ruined.

 Gambling isn't a tool to stave off financial ruin, it causes financial ruin.

 

Insurance is about spreading risk, correct.

 

That said, while it's not really gambling, it *is* a form of betting, sortakinda.  Since the premiums one pays will not equal the cost of a payout, the insurer is "betting" that the event won't occur.  The insured is not, however, particularly "betting" that the event WILL occur.  As stated, the insured is simply hedging against risk.



HeraldricKnight #12 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 03:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8751 battles
  • 1,011
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View Postvonkevin, on Oct 16 2019 - 01:41, said:

 

Anytime anybody wants to go on & on about gambling & how evil it is, I always ask them if they have Insurance.  Because that is all Insurance is.  Insurance companies are just bookies, and when you buy insurance you are just simply hedging a bet.  :hiding:


The problem is that people arguing about Loot Boxes and Microtransactions being 'manipulative' are using placebo science in lieu of accurate science, which is dishonest at best and down right immoral at worst. Trying to prop up Behavioral Addiction as Chemical Addiction is about as dishonest as violence in video games spurring adolescent violence in real life.   

 

Most of the 'studies' that went into Loot Boxes were simply questionnaires that assigned a number, which predicated how 'vulnerable' someone was to becoming behaviorally addicted. An utter sham of a study. 

 

But the Jim Sterling's and the Yong Yea's of the YouTube Gaming Community have no idea what kind of door they opened up where feelings trump facts. Already, there is a growing sentiment (with actual data) that children are affected negatively playing too much video games and there should be a government intervention to restrict their access to them. 



SimplyPzB2 #13 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 05:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 105 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    05-26-2016

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 16 2019 - 01:24, said:

Can't wait for the 'Microtransactions are gambling' statements to come cropping up. It's always someone else's fault. 


You know I'm all for personal responsibility, but it's obvious there are some people who have real mental issues.  Allowing someone to spend that much money on a game is criminal. 



IndygoEEI #14 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 11:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 61677 battles
  • 6,092
  • [K-H] K-H
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 15 2019 - 21:32, said:

 

But the Jim Sterling's and the Yong Yea's of the YouTube Gaming Community have no idea what kind of door they opened up where feelings trump facts. Already, there is a growing sentiment (with actual data) that children are affected negatively playing too much video games and there should be a government intervention to restrict their access to them. 

 

Yong Yea is still a great youtuber, but he kinda went sour when gaming journalists and industry

shot him in the back.  Bethesda tricked Yong for supporting them by sending him a free

Fallout76 collectors edition with the crappy bag only to find out Bethesda lied to it's customers.

Then gaming journos got angry with him for being popular on youtube and did a smear campaign

against him.  That's why he's emotional right now.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users