kill rings on barrels

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Sgt_Shultz_2 #1 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 21:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9880 battles
Is it possible to put kill rings on tank barrels?? I know some german tank commanders did during the war, or supposedly anyway.

Jambijon #2 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 21:52

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3739 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Those are represented in-game as "Marks of Excellence" 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/18955/

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 22:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

In game the kill rings are called marks of excellence and they require 3 stages of consistent performance. 

Generally a rolling 2 weeks average and last 100 games.  Damage done and assist damage (only counts whatever is higher, spot or track, but not both in each game) 

To get the first mark, you need to average more damage and assist than 65% of the players of that tank in the last 2 weeks compared to your last 100 games. 

To get two, you need 85% or more

To get three, the highest, you need 95% or more. 

65% is a participation award, if one isn't atrocious at the game, they'll get this

85% is competency at the vehicle 

95% is mastery of the vehicle and how it plays.  

For most players, 3 marks will be very hard to snag. 

WeSayNotToday #4 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 22:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23789 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 17 2019 - 22:25, said:

65% is a participation award, if one isn't atrocious at the game, they'll get this

[*ahem*]

1 MoE is competence

2 MoEs is dependability and good with the tank

3, yeah, you got that one.....

Please stahp insulting players that put in effort and play above server average consistently in a tank by calling that "deserving/ earning a 'participation' award."

Non-elite players that earn an MoE or two have put work into that.

I mean, if you MUST demean them, then call it a "persistence" award or a "stubborn" award, one does not earn MoEs just by showing up.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Oct 17 2019 - 23:01.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Oct 17 2019 - 16:59, said:

[*ahem*]

1 MoE is competence

Please stahp insulting players that put in effort and play above server average consistently in a tank by calling that "deserving/ earning a 'participation' award."

I mean, if you MUST demean them, then call it a "persistence" award or a "stubborn" award, one does not earn MoEs just by showing up.

If you show up and do something, you'll get a mark.   Hence participation as it takes just participation to get it.  Compentency get you at least two. 

Avalon304 #6 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 23642 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Oct 17 2019 - 14:59, said:

[*ahem*]

1 MoE is competence

No. 1 MoE is literally youre capable of showing up and breathing. It is a participation award. Be happy that you got them, but it doesnt show competence, it shows that you should up and were capable of clicking the fire button. 2 MoE shows that you are competent at the vehicle, that you understand the basics of how it plays.

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 23:20

Major

• Players
  • 13573 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostSgt_Shultz_2, on Oct 17 2019 - 14:46, said:

Is it possible to put kill rings on tank barrels?? I know some german tank commanders did during the war, or supposedly anyway.

A mark of excellence does not stand for a kills. It simply means you are proficient more so than most tank game players.  Plain and simple.  On this, I have to go against the stream.  Kill marks are not needed and will never make it here.

Kornilov #8 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 23:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23945 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Is MOE the original question or is it looking for a mod? 

RHeadshot #9 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 00:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5865 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 17 2019 - 22:25, said:

In game the kill rings are called marks of excellence and they require 3 stages of consistent performance.

Generally a rolling 2 weeks average and last 100 games.  Damage done and assist damage (only counts whatever is higher, spot or track, but not both in each game)

To get the first mark, you need to average more damage and assist than 65% of the players of that tank in the last 2 weeks compared to your last 100 games.

averaging better than 65% of all other people using that tank sounds a little more than just a participation trophy.  Of course, WG has a unique ability to describe things in a wildly inaccurate manner, so in reality your impression may be true.

death_stryker #10 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 00:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View PostRHeadshot, on Oct 17 2019 - 16:03, said:

averaging better than 65% of all other people using that tank sounds a little more than just a participation trophy.  Of course, WG has a unique ability to describe things in a wildly inaccurate manner, so in reality your impression may be true.

Not gonna go into too much detail here, as there are dedicated threads for this stuff, but basically Wargaming's official explanation of the MoE system is completely untrue.

In reality, the relationship between MoE and performance percentile (i.e. the % of players that have inferior stats to yours) is closer to this:

1 mark = better than 50% of players

2 marks = better than 90-95% of players

3 marks = better than 99% of players

Of course, because these percentiles are for a 100-game rolling average, a players doesn't have to play nearly as well to get the marks, since a lucky streak is often enough to push them over the required MoE %.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #11 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 01:08

Captain

• Players
  • 29245 battles
  • [LOYAL] LOYAL

Baaaaaahahahaha almost 10k games and doesn't know about marks of excellence???

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 01:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostRHeadshot, on Oct 17 2019 - 18:03, said:

Except it's not all but a rolling 100 games and last two weeks. If it was all time, sure.   65% would be decent.  As is, the requirements are really low for one mark.  You literally need to land 3 shots/game to get it. 

WeSayNotToday #13 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 04:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23789 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 17 2019 - 23:17, said:

If you show up and do something, you'll get a mark.   Hence participation as it takes just participation to get it.  Compentency get you at least two. 

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 17 2019 - 23:19, said:

No. 1 MoE is literally youre capable of showing up and breathing. It is a participation award. Be happy that you got them, but it doesnt show competence, it shows that you should up and were capable of clicking the fire button. 2 MoE shows that you are competent at the vehicle, that you understand the basics of how it plays.

Both of these are inaccurate.

However, I heavily recommend that you two continue to spout this elitist crap and insult the vast majority of players, maybe even drive them off, or away from the forum, because they are not good enough for you two.  Keep spouting, it looks good on you!

From what I hear, spouting elitist crap is inclusive, helps the community and encourages people to stick around, until the game dies with a bunch of grognards staring at each other.

Upon which, you will have earned a hearty "well done."

Always good to talk with you.

Chtholly_Seniorious #14 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 04:27

Captain

• Players
  • 37350 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Oct 18 2019 - 04:03, said:

However, I heavily recommend that you two continue to spout this elitist crap and insult the vast majority of players, maybe even drive them off, or away from the forum, because they are not good enough for you two.  Keep spouting, it looks good on you!

From what I hear, spouting elitist crap is inclusive, helps the community and encourages people to stick around, until the game dies with a bunch of grognards staring at each other.

Ok so what do you not consistantly do 3 [edited]of dmg with a tiny bit of spotting cause that's all it takes to get the first mark on all but the hardest tanks to mark.  And it's not elietest because if you cant even get 1 mark you more than like have the same skill level as a bot. 

Avalon304 #15 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 23642 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Oct 17 2019 - 20:03, said:

Its completely accurate. If you are capable of breathing and clicking on enemy tanks youre going to get 1 MoE on a tank. Im sorry you dont like the facts but thats what they are. Show up and do 3 shots (or sometimes less) of damage and youre going to get an MoE. Its not special. 2 is special. 2 shows you understand the tank and how to play it. 3 means youve mastered the tank and mastered playing consistently in it.

CowgoesMOO_ #16 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 06:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 18 2019 - 05:54, said:

Its completely accurate. If you are capable of breathing and clicking on enemy tanks youre going to get 1 MoE on a tank. Im sorry you dont like the facts but thats what they are. Show up and do 3 shots (or sometimes less) of damage and youre going to get an MoE. Its not special. 2 is special. 2 shows you understand the tank and how to play it. 3 means youve mastered the tank and mastered playing consistently in it.

Yea, doing 3 shots of damage wont get you no 1 mark. I mean I've read a lot of stupid garbage on these forums over the years and you're near the top.

It's a shame all the good players left and we're left with the left over rejects who couldn't compete with them and are now the "elite good players".

Never mind, you're a peaked blue player. 

Edited by CowgoesMOO_, Oct 18 2019 - 06:02.

_Tsavo_ #17 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 06:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostCowgoesMOO_, on Oct 18 2019 - 00:00, said:

Yea, doing 3 shots of damage wont get you no 1 mark. I mean I've read a lot of stupid garbage on these forums over the years and you're near the top.

It's a shame all the good players left and we're left with the left over rejects who couldn't compete with them and are now the "elite good players".

It's not a challenge to get the first mark.  And a reroll calling a feller a peaked blue, cute.

Avalon304 #18 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 11:14

Major

• Players
  • 23642 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostCowgoesMOO_, on Oct 17 2019 - 22:00, said:

I mean when you look at the MoE values for a given tank... youre going to see, that on average 3-4 shots of damage will get you to 1 MoE on a tank over time. Its literally a participation trophy. And since MoEs also take assist damage into account, its even easier to get 1 mark.

Also maybe try not being a failed reroll who hasnt played a battle in 2 years, hmmm? Either post from your main account or dont bother posting.

CowgoesMOO_ #19 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 15:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 18 2019 - 11:14, said:

I mean when you look at the MoE values for a given tank... youre going to see, that on average 3-4 shots of damage will get you to 1 MoE on a tank over time. Its literally a participation trophy. And since MoEs also take assist damage into account, its even easier to get 1 mark.

Also maybe try not being a failed reroll who hasnt played a battle in 2 years, hmmm? Either post from your main account or dont bother posting.

Very edgy coming from the guy who loves to see cartoon girls get tentacled.

Altwar #20 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 58546 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post_Tsavo_, on Oct 17 2019 - 13:25, said:

65% = participation, 85% = competency, 95% is mastery?  Can you show me where World of Tanks has these definitions?

All I could find with respect to MOE definitions is here https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/18955/ and I don't see these terms as you showed them anywhere on that page.

Now I did find the mastery term on another page http://wotbase.net/en/achievements/masters/ and it seems to define what is a marking of Mastery differently than you have.  

Now I can see that you are an experienced player and considered quite skilled and therefore your comments might carry some extra weight here on the forums, but I am going to have to go with the folks who designed these awards and marks in the first place and say they have it right.  And until these extra terms you expressed are added in to these definition pages, I'm going to have to disregard them as being inaccurate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users