Jump to content


What do you think about artillery in WoT? [POLL]

Pool arty WoT

  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about arty? (140 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about artillery in WoT?

  1. I LOVE artillery (33 votes [23.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.57%

  2. I kinda love artillery (13 votes [9.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.29%

  3. Im neutral about it and I dont care about artillery (24 votes [17.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.14%

  4. I kind of dont like artillery (16 votes [11.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.43%

  5. I DESPISE artillery (54 votes [38.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 38.57%

Vote Hide poll

Craftspirit #1 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 11:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12215 battles
  • 85
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5
  • Member since:
    06-11-2013

(Not a arty whining topic)

Hey guys !

Since I wasnt able to find any polls concerning what peoples think of the arties in the current state of the game, I decided to launch a poll in which I will look at in a regular basis.

 

I will not influence your choices, and please dont be influenced. I want to see a precise poll to see what the peoples in the forum thinks about this class, and maybe it can reveal some surprises

 

You can of course discuss down below which vote you made and why.

 

Let the votes begin !



kebab6597 #2 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 58531 battles
  • 9,116
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
I don,t have a problem with arty after all I play it along with every other tank class, what I do have a problem with is having more than 1 per team is spoiling the game for other players not in arty, 3 per team is way too many IMHO 

Troa_Barton #3 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:09

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4235 battles
  • 137
  • [CHMC] CHMC
  • Member since:
    06-11-2016
I like arty, when I'm lagging I can still play it for one and two I like the RTS feel it has to it. I don't mind playing against it so long as I'm not on a map devoid of cover. What I dislike both as a player of artillery and as a potential target is 3 of the buggers on each team.. Should be 2 max, I love being the only arty on a team and sometimes it can be gratifying to be working in tandem with another.

Craftspirit #4 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12215 battles
  • 85
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5
  • Member since:
    06-11-2013

I personnally voted for "I kinda dont like artillery"

Because in one way I sometime find it super annoying and gamebreaking to play against

BUT ALSO SOMETIME an arty can actually help a team carry (you know, these situations when teamwork with the last standing is real)

 

So yeah thats my vote. Arty needs of cours a rework, but I dont personnally despise it when its on my side (and if its a good player playing arty in my team it can be actually be a bless) 



Craftspirit #5 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12215 battles
  • 85
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5
  • Member since:
    06-11-2013

View PostTroa_Barton, on Oct 18 2019 - 07:09, said:

I like arty, when I'm lagging I can still play it for one and two I like the RTS feel it has to it. I don't mind playing against it so long as I'm not on a map devoid of cover. What I dislike both as a player of artillery and as a potential target is 3 of the buggers on each team.. Should be 2 max, I love being the only arty on a team and sometimes it can be gratifying to be working in tandem with another.

Exactely as I said right above

An arty working in tandem with the team is a true bless

 

But yeah 3 per side is too much and 2 could be a sweetspot tbh



Tuzban #6 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37997 battles
  • 464
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    10-04-2012

People who don't like artillery, is it really artillery that you despise, or something else?

 

For example, I don't have a problem with artillery. But I HATE xvm-sniping arty players. I would buff arty back to what it was, and implement the anonymizer ASAP.



Vulcan_Spectre #7 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5634 battles
  • 1,399
  • [TCM] TCM
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017
Poll invalid, no bacon option

Craftspirit #8 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 12:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12215 battles
  • 85
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5
  • Member since:
    06-11-2013

Reddit is notified of the poll, and peoples from the EU server will be able to vote via an external poll website.

 

Ill update the forum to include their votes to ours !



Darkbee2Bee #9 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 13:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 36484 battles
  • 3,571
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostTuzban, on Oct 18 2019 - 06:14, said:

People who don't like artillery, is it really artillery that you despise, or something else?

 

For example, I don't have a problem with artillery. But I HATE xvm-sniping arty players. I would buff arty back to what it was, and implement the anonymizer ASAP.

 

Nope, I despise artillery because it doesn't do what it's claimed to do: It actually encourages people to hug rocks and buildings because aggressive players who are actively engaging enemy tanks get blapped (since they're the ones who are lit).



ArmorStorm #10 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 13:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 37707 battles
  • 8,638
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
We don’t need ANOTHER arty poll.  YOU need to learn how to search. 

Captain_Biggs #11 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 13:29

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6194 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    04-24-2016
Eliminate the stupid stun, bring back the old artillery damage, and limit them to 2 per team max, thus allowing a platoon, also stop them from being loaded on an all city map IE Himmelsdorf or maps that are far to small for them IE Ensk. 

Altwar #12 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 13:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 58600 battles
  • 5,354
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

I like SPGs as much as any of the other classes of tanks.  I play them all and would like the game to be more random by removing class limits.  

Let random be random and if that means 8 TDs on one side and 8 lights on the other side, let the random entertainment begin!



_Kradok_ #13 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 14:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33481 battles
  • 2,359
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostAltwar, on Oct 18 2019 - 07:55, said:

I like SPGs as much as any of the other classes of tanks.  I play them all and would like the game to be more random by removing class limits.  

Let random be random and if that means 8 TDs on one side and 8 lights on the other side, let the random entertainment begin!


That game mode would be so polarized at times.... 

 

I'd LOVE to see a new event having that kind of battle, with +3/-3 truly randomized MM... Let the crap fly where it flies.  



gen_penguin #14 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 15:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13061 battles
  • 594
  • Member since:
    05-11-2015

I think if they limit Arty to ONE per side then everyone will be happy!

3 arty per game is insane!! especially if they are focusing on just one tank



Steeldeathdriver #15 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 16:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 32290 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

My only problem with arty is there are to many of them.

x3 is to many imho.

x2 should be max per side.  Still effective yet not prohibitive.  

Telling me to make better use of cover does not make sense when there is very little cover on every map and there are x3 artys focus firing you.

At least when there are 2 artys or less and they decide to focus fire me I have a slim chance to make it to any decent cover if available.



_Draklor_ #16 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:01

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8863 battles
  • 51
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View PostCaptain_Biggs, on Oct 18 2019 - 04:29, said:

Eliminate the stupid stun, bring back the old artillery damage, and limit them to 2 per team max, thus allowing a platoon, also stop them from being loaded on an all city map IE Himmelsdorf or maps that are far to small for them IE Ensk. 

WG did "research". They claim if they limit arty to 2 per team, you will be always getting 2 of them every single freaking game. While now there is a chance to get anything between 0 and 3.



TastyPastry #17 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:03

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29937 battles
  • 1,626
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostTuzban, on Oct 18 2019 - 07:14, said:

People who don't like artillery, is it really artillery that you despise, or something else?

 

For example, I don't have a problem with artillery. But I HATE xvm-sniping arty players. I would buff arty back to what it was, and implement the anonymizer ASAP.

 

Arty is a bad mechanic. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get XVM sniped enough. 



choSenfroZen_1 #18 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • 435
  • [GITS] GITS
  • Member since:
    12-26-2015

View PostCraftspirit, on Oct 18 2019 - 02:47, said:

(Not a arty whining topic)

Hey guys !

Since I wasnt able to find any polls concerning what peoples think of the arties in the current state of the game, I decided to launch a poll in which I will look at in a regular basis.

 

I will not influence your choices, and please dont be influenced. I want to see a precise poll to see what the peoples in the forum thinks about this class, and maybe it can reveal some surprises

 

You can of course discuss down below which vote you made and why.

 

Let the votes begin !


This is the same poll, number 348,901. Asking the same questions to the same very small sampling of a huge player base.

 

Couple that with players with multiple accounts voting, you are wasting your time. There is a small but loud group who love it, and another equally tiny group who hate it.

It is a pointless poll as you will garner nothing from it, other than sometimes guys who type green, vote 3 or 4 times. If there is one who hates it that does it, there will be others from both sides of the argument.

 

The fact that the people who own this game love the game the way it is, and some are the biggest fans of arty. Being a Russian game, based on WWII battles where the Red army loved SPG`s. Nothing is going to happen.

Play some arty, up to tier 5, and the class just fades away. Never sure why the hatred, it is just an arcade game. Don`t like it`s design, why stay.



Flarvin #19 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 54891 battles
  • 17,053
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostTastyPastry, on Oct 18 2019 - 13:03, said:

 

Arty is a bad mechanic. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get XVM sniped enough. 


Given the percentage of xvm users, minus those that don’t xvm snipe or are not currently doing so. 
 

And there is an average of significantly less than 1 arty per match that might even be xvm sniping. 



D8W2P4 #20 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 03:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31546 battles
  • 600
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

The artillery mechanic is bad and never should have been put in the game, if they changed the actual vehicles into "waffentrager" type TDs I could deal with em.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users