What do you think about artillery in WoT? [POLL]

Pool arty WoT

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about arty? (140 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about artillery in WoT?

1. I LOVE artillery (33 votes [23.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

2. I kinda love artillery (13 votes [9.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.29%

3. Im neutral about it and I dont care about artillery (24 votes [17.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

4. I kind of dont like artillery (16 votes [11.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

5. I DESPISE artillery (54 votes [38.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.57%

Vote Hide poll

_Holman_ #21 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 04:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41238 battles
Hey, I've never seen one of these before. An artillery poll. What a great idea!

JTM78 #22 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 09:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24226 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
I used to love artillery pre 9.18, if wot would have reduced the cost of artillery shells by the damage and pen lost, it would have been all good but WoT just can not do anything good.

ARR0ZD0CE #23 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 11:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4480 battles
I had a couple games in one and honestly don't enjoy it at all but I bet it feels great when you get a kill in them. I don't think I'll ever play it again but it seems like one of those necessary evils. I'm trying to learn the arti safe zones but if you get to caught up in staying in those zones you will miss out on some of the action and unfortunately alot of the tanks I like to play get penned pretty hard by them. I enjoy the matches that have no arty alot more though but I don't think they should ever be removed from the game after all these years of them being there.

Norseskald #24 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 12:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostTastyPastry, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:03, said:

Arty is a bad mechanic. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get XVM sniped enough. 

i doubt its xvm thats sniping you probably your clan tag, i know i go after a few clans, when i play spgs. could careless how good you are, but when that clan is know for being an [edited]clan.... yea gonna focus on your all match. if they are on my side, i wont help them

Metal_Church #25 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 12:48

Captain

• Players
  • 71257 battles
  • [NEAD] NEAD
oh look one more arty poll,  get over it.

Metal_Church #26 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 12:51

Captain

• Players
  • 71257 battles
  • [NEAD] NEAD

View PostCraftspirit, on Oct 18 2019 - 06:11, said:

Exactely as I said right above

An arty working in tandem with the team is a true bless

But yeah 3 per side is too much and 2 could be a sweetspot tbh

3 per side is to much, you must be kidding. the good old days of up to 9 per team , oh wait you only have a little play time. willing to bet you cry about TD's to.

Metal_Church #27 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 12:54

Captain

• Players
  • 71257 battles
  • [NEAD] NEAD

View PostTastyPastry, on Oct 18 2019 - 13:03, said:

Arty is a bad mechanic. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get XVM sniped enough. 

from a clan that has got caught cheating several times.

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #28 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 13:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30763 battles
Couldn't find any arty polls ooooooooooooooooook lmbo. No problem, we'll file this poll where it belongs after you get your "data".

Lowsmoke #29 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 17:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 19010 battles

PLEASE BAN arty all the reason i need to quit please do ..................sick of cry babies

wganz_87 #30 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 18:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55326 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View Postgen_penguin, on Oct 18 2019 - 08:30, said:

I think if they limit Arty to ONE per side then everyone will be happy!

3 arty per game is insane!! especially if they are focusing on just one tank

There is/was a concept of "DivArty" in the US. 

Historically, the Soviets had entire divisions of artillery. 

Therefore, 3 arty per game and allow them to platoon would be historically correct. 

:justwait:Get 3 of the same SPG in a platoon then do a TOT. Good times. Good times!  :arta:

Edited by wganz_87, Oct 19 2019 - 18:20.

WhineMaker #31 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 38631 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 18 2019 - 04:29, said:

We don’t need ANOTHER arty poll.  YOU need to learn how to search. 

A search is too hard for OP, just like the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :facepalm:

SHAMWOW, OP has an arty free option available, available for free no less... :ohmy:

Can OP say "WoT Blitz"?

View PostTastyPastry, on Oct 18 2019 - 10:03, said:

I still haven't figured out how to XVM snipe with a vanilla client...

So, once again, XVM sniping remains nothing but a myth and just another imaginary topic for the kiddo ragers to whine over... 

#KiddoRageIsOP

#EpicTantrumInProgress

Shortcult #32 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

Just my scheduled check in to see if the game/forum have gotten any better.  Thanks for all your input, see you next time.

P.S.  Clikz, your not gonna jump on all your alts to even up the voting?  How could you claim in the future that "EVERY poll shows..."?  Oh right, internet...

Craftspirit #33 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 02:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 12196 battles
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5

Im actually surprised by the results

In the 126 peoples that answered (thanks for the participation btw) :

23.81% loves arty

17 more (37.30%) hate arty

18.25% dont give a damn about them

I was actually expecting way more in the I despise arty vote.

Unfortunately almost nobody did the vote on the reddit page so its irrelevant :/

A huge question that I want to ask to those who play arties and love them (Btw this is not to attack and provoke, its because I am curious) : why do you love them, by playing them or being against them? Because I cant really find any fun playing them , as clicking every 45 seconds is actually painful for me and not really fun at all

Craftspirit #34 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 02:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 12196 battles
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5

View PostWhineMaker, on Oct 19 2019 - 13:36, said:

A search is too hard for OP, just like the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :facepalm:

SHAMWOW, OP has an arty free option available, available for free no less... :ohmy:

Can OP say "WoT Blitz"?

I still haven't figured out how to XVM snipe with a vanilla client...

So, once again, XVM sniping remains nothing but a myth and just another imaginary topic for the kiddo ragers to whine over... 

#KiddoRageIsOP

#EpicTantrumInProgress

Just to know, did I even say anything for you to claim this??

That is a very VERY solid proof that peoples which are defending you is wrong.

Did not mentionned ANY hate about arty, did not whined AT ALL, did not attacked anybody neither.

Im sorry dude, but this is what I call a pointless provocation, and a perfect example of you WANTING to cause unrest on the forums.

Craftspirit #35 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 03:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 12196 battles
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Oct 18 2019 - 20:11, said:

This is the same poll, number 348,901. Asking the same questions to the same very small sampling of a huge player base.

Couple that with players with multiple accounts voting, you are wasting your time. There is a small but loud group who love it, and another equally tiny group who hate it.

It is a pointless poll as you will garner nothing from it, other than sometimes guys who type green, vote 3 or 4 times. If there is one who hates it that does it, there will be others from both sides of the argument.

The fact that the people who own this game love the game the way it is, and some are the biggest fans of arty. Being a Russian game, based on WWII battles where the Red army loved SPG`s. Nothing is going to happen.

Play some arty, up to tier 5, and the class just fades away. Never sure why the hatred, it is just an arcade game. Don`t like it`s design, why stay.

About the multi accounts, Ill actually try to filter the alts from it

The problem with current arties polls is that peoples do them to try to illustrate that peoples hate arty. True polls are trying to stay neutral. Thats why most of them arent relevant.

Even a small sample can say alot tbh.

And this poll is out of curiosity, and not hatred.

Seriously, I dont know why do we need a forum if we cant explore the community without recieving negative stuff, EVEN if we dont have any bad intentions.

You guys should all think about this. What is the point of a forum? To discuss and to share stuff between a community.

What do I see in this one? Hatrid, personnal attacks and trolling, for a simple innocent question out of a curious mind (sometime)

Just look at other games forum like Minecraft, Super Smash bros Ultimate... Heck even something like Forge of Empires...

Peoples are actually helpful, they are willing to argue in a humaine manner with someone, even if they dont agree with each others.

You know what guys? Thats NOT what you may call the "Internet", but its rather a trashfest of peoples (not all of them fortunately) who doesnt seem to know how to interfere with another human being.

And I honestly find it sad. That is a game that, while its maybe not the best in terms of some stuff, I truly love to play, even after 12k battles, and when I expect to find a forum containing helpful, and constructive information, I only find a forum which contain the most toxicity I ever witnessed in my entire lifespan.

Yes, its "only a pixel game", but it gathers peoples who loves (or maybe hates) the same thing : a single game called World of Tanks.

Craftspirit #36 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 04:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 12196 battles
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5

View PostMetal_Church, on Oct 19 2019 - 07:51, said:

3 per side is to much, you must be kidding. the good old days of up to 9 per team , oh wait you only have a little play time. willing to bet you cry about TD's to.

I play since 2013 (look at my account age)

So yeah before claiming stuff that you dont know, check your sources.

I knew that time, and it was horrible, even more than today. Yes, even without the stun mechanic.

Oh and also, look at my image RIGHT BELOW ME AS A SIGNATURE, I play alot of tds, and I dont give a single damn about them, as well as weelies.

As I said up there, Im against whining. So again, check your sources before attacking someone like a desperate. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users