HE Nerf Sandbox

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

MajorDoozy #1 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11735 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I have played on the sandbox server, and I believe that I have done enough testing to come to a conclusion on this entire test.

Wargaming, what the hell are you thinking??? Let's take a look at how you will be causing further imbalance in the game with an HE nerf:

1. Tanks that rely on HE guns as their best guns (M4 Sherman, Pz. IV H, KV-2, Hetzer, FV4005/FV215b 183, T49, Sheridan, and others not listed) will be rendered completely useless. 
  2. Eliminating the ability of most tanks in the game to one-shot an artillery (forcing them to use AP/APCR/HEAT to do more damage than an HE shell would do, and also you're not nerfing arty shells).
  3. Completely dismantling wheeled vehicles' abilities to effectively fight other light tanks (removing HE penetration and reducing damage).
  4. Allowing smaller guns to do more damage to heavily armored vehicles (this is beyond unrealistic and allows for players to spam MORE HE when they can't pen a tank, encouraging players not to learn to flank and get better shots, rather encouraging them to sit there, spam HE, do 4 shots-worth of HE damage, and die uselessly.)
  5. Encouraging the use of more gold rounds (This is the LAST thing we need to be doing. HE was a somewhat usable alternative to using gold rounds, and with a nerf to them, there will be even more gold rounds flying, and more people will get upset and leave.)
  6. With the proposed health increase for all tanks in the game, this further compounds an HE shell's irrelevance/inefficiency by indirectly reducing the amount of damage it does by increasing all tanks' health bars.
  7. If it doesn't encourage players to fire gold rounds, it encourages them to play more brainlessly by firing the most ineffective round in their arsenal.

HE does not need to be nerfed, Wargaming. Will it need a small tweak later? Maybe. Can we not focus on tweaking gold rounds first? That makes a whole lot more sense to me. If you carry out these changes to HE shells, I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of your player base when I say, that we will not be playing your game anymore. A, focus on gold rounds first, B, focus on other needs the game has, then C, trash the HE changes, and if it is still a problem, worry about it when the time comes! STOP TRYING TO NERF ASPECTS OF THE GAME THAT PEOPLE AREN'T ANGRY ABOUT!

HeraldricKnight #2 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles
Do we really need another thread about this? My god the melodrama is real. 

Edited by HeraldricKnight, Oct 18 2019 - 19:57.

SwollenOstrich #3 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:57

Captain

• Players
  • 25046 battles

View PostMajorDoozy, on Oct 18 2019 - 12:51, said:

STOP TRYING TO NERF ASPECTS OF THE GAME THAT PEOPLE AREN'T ANGRY ABOUT!

Ah. But you see, you seem to be angry about this aspect of the game ... the nerf is now justified ...

Edge_of_Insanity #4 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:58

Captain

• Players
  • 22091 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
lol [edited]your HE [edited]. Learn where to pen instead.

Silentslayer99 #5 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16234 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR
HESH isn't affected yet. $@!#barn and Deathstar will be fine.

the_dude_76 #6 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 34303 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 18 2019 - 12:56, said:

Do you really need to respond to every one?? Since they seem to cause you so much angst...

_Draklor_ #7 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 8768 battles

View PostMajorDoozy, on Oct 18 2019 - 10:51, said:

this is beyond unrealistic and allows for players to spam MORE HE when they can't pen a tank, encouraging players not to learn to flank and get better shots, rather encouraging them to sit there, spam HE, do 4 shots-worth of HE damage, and die uselessly.

Your logic seems to be twisted. How nerfing something could be encouraging to use it? If it leads players to "die uselessly" why do you believe they would feel encouraged to do so?

_Katyusha___ #8 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16842 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:56, said:

to be honest, yes, we need to be heard.

HeraldricKnight #9 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:07

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:03, said:

Do you really need to respond to every one?? Since they seem to cause you so much angst...

I can simply report it for spam and have it locked. 

Cowcat137 #10 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 14204 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
In the end the only thing that matters will be how 2 million Russia Server fanboys react to losing their KV-2 meme tank.

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 23339 battles

View PostMajorDoozy, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:51, said:

I have played on the sandbox server, and I believe that I have done enough testing to come to a conclusion on this entire test.

Wargaming, what the hell are you thinking??? Let's take a look at how you will be causing further imbalance in the game with an HE nerf:

1. Tanks that rely on HE guns as their best guns (M4 Sherman, Pz. IV H, KV-2, Hetzer, FV4005/FV215b 183, T49, Sheridan, and others not listed) will be rendered completely useless. Not all of those tanks 'best' guns are derp guns.
  2. Eliminating the ability of most tanks in the game to one-shot an artillery (forcing them to use AP/APCR/HEAT to do more damage than an HE shell would do, and also you're not nerfing arty shells). So what if they can't one shot artillery? Is that really a big problem? They are not looking at SPG shells NOW, they likely will later though they don't need even more nerfs.
  3. Completely dismantling wheeled vehicles' abilities to effectively fight other light tanks (removing HE penetration and reducing damage). One of the better things about the change. It doesn't even remotely dismantle their ability to fight other lights, just makes them less broken ion that regard.
  4. Allowing smaller guns to do more damage to heavily armored vehicles (this is beyond unrealistic and allows for players to spam MORE HE when they can't pen a tank, encouraging players not to learn to flank and get better shots, rather encouraging them to sit there, spam HE, do 4 shots-worth of HE damage, and die uselessly.) Yeah, big problem doing 10 damage to a HP buffed super heavy.:facepalm:
  5. Encouraging the use of more gold rounds (This is the LAST thing we need to be doing. HE was a somewhat usable alternative to using gold rounds, and with a nerf to them, there will be even more gold rounds flying, and more people will get upset and leave.) I agree in that as it stands now they are not nerfing HEAT so tanks that fired a lot of HE in the past will just resort to firing HEAT more often.
  6. With the proposed health increase for all tanks in the game, this further compounds an HE shell's irrelevance/inefficiency by indirectly reducing the amount of damage it does by increasing all tanks' health bars. Then why 4? You're complaining about to opposing issues.
  7. If it doesn't encourage players to fire gold rounds, it encourages them to play more brainlessly by firing the most ineffective round in their arsenal. Anyone with a lick of sense isn't going to spam HE if they are doing 10 damage per shot, tomatoes who already fire HE will probably like it because those 10's add up to more than the one shot of damage they usually do.

HE does not need to be nerfed, Wargaming. Will it need a small tweak later? Maybe. Can we not focus on tweaking gold rounds first? That makes a whole lot more sense to me. If you carry out these changes to HE shells, I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of your player base when I say, that we will not be playing your game anymore. A, focus on gold rounds first, B, focus on other needs the game has, then C, trash the HE changes, and if it is still a problem, worry about it when the time comes! STOP TRYING TO NERF ASPECTS OF THE GAME THAT PEOPLE AREN'T ANGRY ABOUT! There is a problem with HE but as it stands now these changes are not the solution. Making it more consistent would be good, nerfing(with buffs to compensate) some of the more ridiculous derp tanks is good. I think the best solution would be to give HE a minimum damage, say 10% of it's alpha, work on a better way to calculate splash on weak points and nerf the alpha of the super high alpha guns. There should never be zero damage hits with HE but one shotting(without an ammo rack or fire) same tier tanks is also stupid.

JakeTheMystic #12 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 24993 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 18 2019 - 10:07, said:

I can simply report it for spam and have it locked. 

Sure you could report it, nothing would come of it. Just because you think its spam doesn't make it so, it's a legitimate discussion and that is the literal reason for the forums... To give feedback. 

Bootknife #13 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41038 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
(Sets up lawn chair, grabs beer from cooler...)

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #14 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 26699 battles

Remember it's the sandbox server so nothing is set in stone.

Atleast they're not testing  it on the live server. 

Garandster #15 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles
I don't suspect this will make nearly the gameplay impact people are making it out to.

Edited by Garandster, Oct 18 2019 - 20:33.

HeraldricKnight #16 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:34

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:27, said:

Sure you could report it, nothing would come of it. Just because you think its spam doesn't make it so, it's a legitimate discussion and that is the literal reason for the forums... To give feedback. 

Five to seven threads about the same thing is not giving feedback. It's spam. Especially if it contains autistic screeching like this particular thread has.

MajorDoozy #17 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11735 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 18 2019 - 14:34, said:

Five to seven threads about the same thing is not giving feedback. It's spam. Especially if it contains autistic screeching like this particular thread has.

5-7 threads about similar topics from different people is not spam. It is feedback. Now hop off of my nuts and go look up what spam actually is.

MajorDoozy #18 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11735 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Oct 18 2019 - 14:31, said:

Remember it's the sandbox server so nothing is set in stone.

Atleast they're not testing  it on the live server. 

I fully recognize this, but the whole point of this thread is to show Wargaming how ridiculous this suggested change is.

MajorDoozy #19 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11735 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostEdge_of_Insanity, on Oct 18 2019 - 13:58, said:

lol [edited]your HE [edited]. Learn where to pen instead.

I know how to pen tanks. I literally go into tanks.gg and study weakspots, so that is out of the question. Think about this from a game balance perspective, instead of going straight to insulting my intelligence.

_PoliticallyIncorrect #20 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:56

Captain

• Players
  • 23414 battles
  • [TRY] TRY
Wait so T49's won't be able to break half of my modules with a side shot? I'm ok with this. 

Also tagged with HE Nerf, Sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users