• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

JEDIDIEUGH #41 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 23:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5536 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

View PostMajorDoozy, on Oct 18 2019 - 13:14, said:

I can ASSURE you, there are plenty of other things in the game that need addressing MUCH more than HE shells. And this approach to nerfing HE shells is completely mental, and will destabilize the game further than it already is.

Hell yeah there are, but if we know WG it's that they do not like to make huge changes all at once. If they go ahead with the changes, it will not destabilize the game. It makes the game more enjoyable for every other tank in the game. Being able to completely wipe someone off the map when they are outside of your view range is silly.

alphadogg64 #42 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:21

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

"Tanks that rely on HE guns as their best guns (M4 Sherman, Pz. IV H, KV-2, Hetzer, FV4005/FV215b 183, T49, Sheridan, and others not listed) will be rendered completely useless. "

Let's see. M4 and Pz 4 H have very competent regular AP guns, as well as the Hetzer. The KV-2 has a powerful 107mm. The best guns on the T49 and Sheridan AREN'T the HE guns, but instead the 90mm (for T49) and 105mm (for Sheridan). 

The M4 and Pz4 are honestly terrible for the game, and their HE guns should have been removed long ago. A low tier tank that can 1 shot same tier tanks or deal 350 with HEAT to the front of things like the KV1 and reload in 6-8 seconds. Some new player experience, huh?

Just makes it seem like you don't know what you're talking about. 

leeuniverse #43 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 39856 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostJEDIDIEUGH, on Oct 18 2019 - 15:53, said:

The T49 has a really competitive stock gun that is in many ways better than the 152 derp gun, but for whatever reason, you decide to use the derp gun the tank still has 152 mm HEAT pen. Now instead of spamming HE only, you have to think about your ammo loadout. These HE changes look like they are giving the players more options to think about their ammo choice rather than learning that one ammo type suits all. If the changes do make it past the sandbox and onto the live server, the game will be better off because of it.

1. Yes, the lower gun also works on the tank, but there are many other tanks already existing that are like that gun.

The Derp is pretty much the whole purpose to playing a T49.

2. I prefer the reliability of HE than using HEAT, especially when the gun characteristics are the same.

If with HEAT you got better gun characteristics, then I might use it more, but as it is it's worthless save the extremely rare moment you're against a light armored target, and you'll be saving the game by potentially using that round.

3.  I prefer my changes to HE and tank characteristics rather than theirs.

Pro - Them making HE more reliable.

Against - Them nerfing HE Damage save high derps, should be tank by tank basis.  I.e. the **** Barn needs it's damage nerfed, cut in half, but the T49 doesn't.  Unless they nerf it's highest capable damage by 200, but give it better bloom and accuracy then I would be fine with a "tiny" nerf to its damage.

Add - They need to buff other tank characteristics to the tanks they nerf their damage to balance things.  Keeping tanks performing like **** while they nerf their damage isn't right at all.

JEDIDIEUGH #44 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5536 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 18 2019 - 15:27, said:

1. Yes, the lower gun also works on the tank, but there are many other tanks already existing that are like that gun.

The Derp is pretty much the whole purpose to playing a T49.

2. I prefer the reliability of HE than using HEAT, especially when the gun characteristics are the same.

If with HEAT you got better gun characteristics, then I might use it more, but as it is it's worthless save the extremely rare moment you're against a light armored target, and you'll be saving the game by potentially using that round.

3.  I prefer my changes to HE and tank characteristics rather than theirs.

Pro - Them making HE more reliable.

Against - Them nerfing HE Damage save high derps, should be tank by tank basis.  I.e. the **** Barn needs it's damage nerfed, cut in half, but the T49 doesn't.  Unless they nerf it's highest capable damage by 200, but give it better bloom and accuracy then I would be fine with a "tiny" nerf to its damage.

Add - They need to buff other tank characteristics to the tanks they nerf their damage to balance things.  Keeping tanks performing like **** while they nerf their damage isn't right at all.

Dude, it's pretty obvious you're just biased against your favorite tank. The T49 derp gun should not be excluded from the changes.

As for your second point, ofc the HEAT is only useful in certain situations. That's the point of the changes; you have to be able to know when and when not to use a certain ammo type. The HEAT and HE on the T49 are not used properly in the current meta at all and if the changes go through, it makes sense to use HEAT in certain situations against lightly armored tanks. There are now drawbacks to spamming full HE.

Edited by JEDIDIEUGH, Oct 19 2019 - 01:26.

Also tagged with HE Nerf, Sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users