Tank you Wargaming for awesome changes to HE!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Reichmonk #1 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28473 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

I just want to say that you are moving in right direction with these HE changes. They are a welcome sight and step in right direction.

So many same exact posts from people not liking the proposed changes. if you actually go read all those posts, you will see that there are more people supporting this!

Good job and thank you for making this game great with every passing month. Game is at it's best. Can't wait to see how much better you can make it in the future.

Keep up the good work people at Wargaming. Your game is number 1 for a reason!

(no this is not a sarcasm post, I'm dead serious)

p.s.

To all you people saying that game is getting worse, you have obviously forgotten what this game used to be 2, 4, 6 years ago. Remember not long ago playing the old version of this game when they setup the server just for it? Yea, exactly. Was that better then it is now? Go watch some old replays on youtube of this game from years ago if you need reminding. And don't come with that [edit} about this game loosing players. What other game, as old as this one, do you know that still has this number of players? Exactly none.

p.s.2

Flame away if you wish, but I will keep playing this game until they shut down the servers. I'm pretty sure that wont be anytime soon.

_Draklor_ #2 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 8768 battles
I'm with you bro, +1

CremeFraiche1 #3 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9332 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

Finally! Someone who agrees! I LOVE the HE changes. Derps are a cancer to this game. I can't tell you how many times I have played a heavy tanks and gone to the frontline only to be slapped for 700+ by a muppet 183 sitting in the back and pressing 3. It's completely retarded. However I think with the big caliber guns they need to buff the gun handling so that it's possible to hit a target's weak point at 100 meters. This way you actually have to grow balls and face your opponents.

Also: You may be having fun shooting derps like a [edited]with no skill. Do you think the other person is having fun? Before these changes how in the world were you supposed to calculate the damage you might take in order to shoot an enemy? YOU COULDN'T it was either 30hp or 800+. These HE changes are an absolute good and I hope WG move forward with these changes to the live server.

Edited by CremeFraiche1, Oct 19 2019 - 00:56.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 24993 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostCremeFraiche1, on Oct 18 2019 - 14:50, said:

Finally! Someone who agrees! I LOVE the HE changes. Derps are a cancer to this game. I can't tell you how many times I have played a heavy tanks and gone to the frontline only to be slapped for 700+ by a muppet 183 sitting in the back and pressing 3. It's completely retarded. However I think with the big caliber guns they need to buff the gun handling so that it's possible to hit a target's weak point at 100 meters. This way you actually have to grow balls and face your opponents.

Also: You may be having fun shooting derps like a [edited]with no skill. Do you think the other person is having fun? Before these changes how in the world were you supposed to calculate the damage you might take in order to shoot an enemy? YOU COULDN'T it was either 30hp or 800+. These HE changes are an absolute good and I hope WG move forward with these changes to the live server.

183s and 4005s use HESH, the HE changes won't affect them at all.. They have to work out the other ammo changes along with HE first long before they touch HESH if at all. 

jst2gr8 #5 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 00:59

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
YES!! A thread that isn't whining! I love it!!!!

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Oct 19 2019 - 21:56.

CremeFraiche1 #6 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9332 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 19 2019 - 00:59, said:

183s and 4005s use HESH, the HE changes won't affect them at all.. They have to work out the other ammo changes along with HE first long before they touch HESH if at all. 

There are a lot of cheap players who play these moronic tanks. They still do a billion damage to you by pressing 3. Your on a ridge line and you poke out to shoot and all of a sudden a HE shell craps all over you from a skilless piece of trash in the back shooting HE its retarded. Also other guns like the E-100, Obj 268v4, Entire Japan Line, T49, T95, when they shoot HE its also cancer. I say buff their gun handling instead so they can actually aim for weak spots at 100m.

CremeFraiche1 #7 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9332 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Oct 19 2019 - 00:59, said:

YES!! A threat that isn't whining! I love it!!!!

Of course its a threat, but its just completely retarded when you an IS-7 with the best turret in the game and after doing your job as a heavy and taking some damage and winning your flank you push on with your team and get slapped for 700+ because an idiot is camping there in the back doing NOTHING for his team until someone pushes into him. That being said they need to BUFF the gun handling on these big guns in order to use HESH properly and AIM for weak spots and PEN. But HESH is completely unpredictable so after this round of testing they should also make HESH more predictable.

leeuniverse #8 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:25

Major

• Players
  • 39818 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostReichmonk, on Oct 18 2019 - 16:43, said:

Tank you Wargaming for awesome changes to HE!

Personally, like with almost everything, Wargaming goes in the Right direction but does things all wrong.

This is actually "how" they should be making the changes.

People have complained about TWO Things in relation to "Derps"...

- Massive High Damage

- Inconsistent Damage (no-damage and extremely low-damage i.e. "15" damage hits)

Thus Wargaming, your "solutions" should address those two problems...  The below does so, your changes are BAD, going too far!

1. I'm for you "normalizing" HE more, so no more "no damage" shots, and no more "15" Damage shots for example.

2. I'm for you "nerfing" the massive derps by HALF, for example, just yesterday in either my TVP 50/51 or Standard B, I was FULL HP Derped 1800 Damage by a **** Barn.

That shouldn't happen, especially at T10.

3. I'm NOT for you nerfing, for example, the T49's Derp, max possible it doing like 1100 when really lucky generally on some tanks "butt", though generally it's 800-900 when you're lucky.

Most of the time you're doing 250-350 damage against tanks, even Lights.  Thus nerfing the T49's HE is stupid town.

- It was already nerfed to crap with the Great Physics Nerf which slowed down its speed,

- and the 2 round placement nerfs that's also occurred since then ruining its accuracy. 

- As well, when you previously reworked HE focusing on HE with Arty, though it affecting ALL tanks, it was nerfed then too making it doing less damage.

The T49 actually needs to be buffed due to all these prior nerfs, and you're going to nerf it even more???

Nerfs to derps should be based on a tank by tank basis.  Not all derps are the same.

A T49 should not be nerfed to the same degree that a Death Star or FV4005 is.  For example, I would be okay with a 200 drop in damage of the T49 from 1100 to 900, but ONLY if the below was also done.  Like for the T49, I would like its Bloom reduced and it's accuracy improved.

4. You need to BUFF tank characteristics... to compensate for the damage nerf.  Buff their Power/Acceleration and Buff Gun characteristics.

For example, I don't play the **** Barn because it can't move or shoot worth a crap.  But I play the T49 because it can, makes the occasional derp worth it.

So, the **** Barn needs its speeds especially greatly increased to make me want to play it, for consistently doing well in the tank, if you're going to nerf its derp.

Conclusion...

Pro - I'm for the overall "buffing" of HE's "reliability".

Against - The nerfing of damage amounts should be "tank by tank" (not across the board), it's high damage derps that's the problem, like the Death Star or **** Barn, NOT regular derps like the T49 (though I would be fine with losing 200 of its potential highest damage, to give the tank better bloom and accuracy due to prior nerfs to the tank mentioned above).

Nerfing of a tank's damage with HE etc. should be according to the Tank in question, the degree that its derp is a problem.  NOT ALL Derps are a problem... or as much of one...  For example, the Death Star and FV4005's max derp should be cut in HALF and the below done.  However, a Derp like the T49 either shouldn't be touched, or it's max derp reduced from 1100 to 900 instead, but the below also done.

Add - Buffs to tank characteristics should occur to compensate for damage nerfs.

Bottom line... Wargaming, you are Nerfing the Derps WAY too much and wrongly so (not all derps are the same requiring an equal nerfing), and you're not adding compensating buffs.

TheGhost_wP #9 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 48039 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
All I hear with HE nerf supporters is "I spam gold in my hulldown S. Conq and IS-7 but sometimes an E-100 and Type 5 can hurt me, I don't like that, nerf HE so i can be invincible"

Rena_Dyne #10 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 9044 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
People also keep ignoring that with the reworks, they're exclusively ammo reworks, we don't know how they will buff or nerf tanks specifically to bring them in line with the ammo changes.

Kliphie #11 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:10

Major

• Players
  • 33005 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
So many hot takes, so few games played on the Sandbox.  

Reichmonk #12 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28473 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostTheGhost_wP, on Oct 19 2019 - 00:31, said:

All I hear with HE nerf supporters is "I spam gold in my hulldown S. Conq and IS-7 but sometimes an E-100 and Type 5 can hurt me, I don't like that, nerf HE so i can be invincible"

You do not realize that it is OPPOSITE of what you are saying. I like HE changes BECAUSE it will get rid of S. Conq and IS-7 invincibility... Because you will be ABLE to hurt those tanks when they are hull down. I can only assume that you did not read the full article, or if you did, then didn't understand what they said. Go read if again and come back to reply to this.

death_stryker #13 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

Game is at it's best.

No comment on the HE changes, but:

- 279e

- 430U

- 268 v4

- Chieftain

- Jap heavies

- Tier 8 prem power creep (too many to list)

- Increase in corridor maps, terrible new maps (e.g. Paris, Studzianki, new Kharkov)

- Arguably, wheelies (mostly EBR 105 and EBR 75)

CremeFraiche1 #14 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9332 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostRena_Dyne, on Oct 19 2019 - 01:59, said:

People also keep ignoring that with the reworks, they're exclusively ammo reworks, we don't know how they will buff or nerf tanks specifically to bring them in line with the ammo changes.

This^^^ Great job pointing that out. So many people don't understand this.

CremeFraiche1 #15 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9332 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostTheGhost_wP, on Oct 19 2019 - 01:31, said:

Dude read the article. You missed the entire point. They are making HE do less damage, but are at the same time making it way more consistent.

HOTA_CHATON #16 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 13584 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Some people are so blind that they do not see the forest for the trees.  War Gaming is not moving in the right direction, they are moving it to where it will now become: "World of Gold Spammers".  Yes, even you people that believe this is the correct path are going to be whining about the fact that nobody is shooting anything but gold.  Well, let's just say that your going to cry.

HOTA_CHATON #17 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 13584 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostCremeFraiche1, on Oct 18 2019 - 19:21, said:

Dude read the article. You missed the entire point. They are making HE do less damage, but are at the same time making it way more consistent.

No, oh great blind one.  They are making it to where you have to rely on gold ammo even more than you do now but you just don't see it because you are blind.

VooDooKobra #18 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 10035 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

I just want to say that you are moving in right direction with these HE changes. They are a welcome sight and step in right direction.

So many same exact posts from people not liking the proposed changes. if you actually go read all those posts, you will see that there are more people supporting this!

Good job and thank you for making this game great with every passing month. Game is at it's best. Can't wait to see how much better you can make it in the future.

Keep up the good work people at Wargaming. Your game is number 1 for a reason!

(no this is not a sarcasm post, I'm dead serious)

p.s.

To all you people saying that game is getting worse, you have obviously forgotten what this game used to be 2, 4, 6 years ago. Remember not long ago playing the old version of this game when they setup the server just for it? Yea, exactly. Was that better then it is now? Go watch some old replays on youtube of this game from years ago if you need reminding. And don't come with that [edit} about this game loosing players. What other game, as old as this one, do you know that still has this number of players? Exactly none.

p.s.2

Flame away if you wish, but I will keep playing this game until they shut down the servers. I'm pretty sure that wont be anytime soon.

still undecided on being for or against, going to try it on sandbox and them make a better more informed decision

SpyderRyder #19 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 55199 battles

the snowflakes that want HE nerfed with get a trophy for participation -- enjoy !!

Reichmonk #20 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28473 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Oct 19 2019 - 01:39, said:

No, oh great blind one.  They are making it to where you have to rely on gold ammo even more than you do now but you just don't see it because you are blind.

No, you are the blind one. Your ego wont let you see past your nose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users