Wot weekly 138

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BadCompany182 #1 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 13698 battles
  • [K-E] K-E
I received an email saying to join the community for a free prem tank the t34-85 rudy anyone know how to get this or what I have to?? 

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 13611 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Go see the video, it will tell you how to compete with everyone else.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
I mean, it's not entirely a free 100% chance to get it. You answer their questions at the end of the video, enter the raffle with thousands of others and if you're lucky you may get one. Considering its wg, just be one of the first to answer the question and they dont bother looking at the rest.

TheGreatMunchkin #4 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 05:32

Customer Support Representative

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 18 2019 - 17:49, said:

I mean, it's not entirely a free 100% chance to get it. You answer their questions at the end of the video, enter the raffle with thousands of others and if you're lucky you may get one. Considering its wg, just be one of the first to answer the question and they dont bother looking at the rest.

Not true. We read literally every comment across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. 

8_Hussars #5 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 20:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59326 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostTheGreatMunchkin, on Oct 18 2019 - 21:32, said:

Not true. We read literally every comment across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. 

lol, good one!

TheGreatMunchkin #6 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 21:12

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post8_Hussars, on Oct 19 2019 - 11:23, said:

lol, good one!

I can understand and can appreciate the skepticism, but please note that as far as the video team is concerned, Steven, Amy, and myself actually do scour the comments of every video. We even read the forums. I mean, heck, we found this thread, didn't we?

_Red_Saaryn_ #7 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 21:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23614 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostTheGreatMunchkin, on Oct 20 2019 - 21:12, said:

I can understand and can appreciate the skepticism, but please note that as far as the video team is concerned, Steven, Amy, and myself actually do scour the comments of every video. We even read the forums. I mean, heck, we found this thread, didn't we?

You read the forums but seldom participate in them. This is the first time I see you around here. Also, we need to point out your lack of input or personal/professional opinion in infamous topics such as "nobody wants that bugged wargaming center"  or "why HE Nerf is bad for the game" which are topics that show how much the community hates those changes. (Specially the one in which wg forces everyone to use bload-ware without even asking the community if they wanted it in the first place). 

There is no doubt you see them, but appearing once in a while would make the community feel like you and the others are involved and not just "imma come here and make someone happy once a year then go back to videos only exile" as we see you right now.

TheGreatMunchkin #8 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 22:07

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Oct 20 2019 - 12:42, said:

You read the forums but seldom participate in them. This is the first time I see you around here. Also, we need to point out your lack of input or personal/professional opinion in infamous topics such as "nobody wants that bugged wargaming center"  or "why HE Nerf is bad for the game" which are topics that show how much the community hates those changes. (Specially the one in which wg forces everyone to use bload-ware without even asking the community if they wanted it in the first place). 

There is no doubt you see them, but appearing once in a while would make the community feel like you and the others are involved and not just "imma come here and make someone happy once a year then go back to videos only exile" as we see you right now.

But videos are not my exile - that is literally my job, and community management is not my job. The scope of the subject was whether we read the comments on the videos. I do. My team does. (And FWIW, I don't presume that my presence in the forums makes anybody happy once a year. I pop up when I deem that clarification around video is required, such as in this topic.)

That said - I am slightly confused by this statement:

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Oct 20 2019 - 12:42, said:

we need to point out your lack of input or personal/professional opinion

Forums are not the avenue for me to express my opinions about issues that plague the community. My means of expression is video, as that is my job. And if you do watch WoT Weekly, you will find that I pepper in as much community sentiment as possible as frequently as I can get away with it, opening discussion about these issues on the YouTube and Facebook uploads, and allowing an additional channel of feedback that I can directly point our staff to ( "See? This is what the community is saying about XYorZ" ). You can trace my history of supporting the Community as far back as Garage Slots For Everyone (which I made with Meathead and Paul nearly four years ago) to as recently as my episode on our code redemption system. 

I am sympathetic to the issues you and others have with the Wargaming Center, and more recently, HE. I am sympathetic to matchmaker, arty, universal blueprints, British light tanks, and so on. I've addressed what I can, and I'll continue to do so for as long as I make the videos. 

g327 #9 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 17:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18066 battles

View PostTheGreatMunchkin, on Oct 20 2019 - 16:07, said:

But videos are not my exile - that is literally my job, and community management is not my job. The scope of the subject was whether we read the comments on the videos. I do. My team does. (And FWIW, I don't presume that my presence in the forums makes anybody happy once a year. I pop up when I deem that clarification around video is required, such as in this topic.)

That said - I am slightly confused by this statement:

Forums are not the avenue for me to express my opinions about issues that plague the community. My means of expression is video, as that is my job. And if you do watch WoT Weekly, you will find that I pepper in as much community sentiment as possible as frequently as I can get away with it, opening discussion about these issues on the YouTube and Facebook uploads, and allowing an additional channel of feedback that I can directly point our staff to ( "See? This is what the community is saying about XYorZ" ). You can trace my history of supporting the Community as far back as Garage Slots For Everyone (which I made with Meathead and Paul nearly four years ago) to as recently as my episode on our code redemption system. 

I am sympathetic to the issues you and others have with the Wargaming Center, and more recently, HE. I am sympathetic to matchmaker, arty, universal blueprints, British light tanks, and so on. I've addressed what I can, and I'll continue to do so for as long as I make the videos. 

Michael:

FWIW:

I believe you are stating the truth in all of the above.

And I certainly understand your position as an employee. You must stay in the confines of your job duties/description. You can’t publicly and directly criticize the company that pays your salary without risking being terminated. Anyone who works for anyone else should also understand that.

That said, I notice and appreciate your occasional subtle and nuanced “shots” at some of the negatives that bother the community. Clever stuff!

And I have been enjoying your weekly presentations as you continue to develop your particular style. 

Two questions: Who is Amy? And why would she willingly tolerate hanging with you and Steven? ;)

She must’ve lost one heck of a bet.

TheGreatMunchkin #10 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 20:08

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postg327, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:20, said:

I certainly understand your position as an employee. You must stay in the confines of your job duties/description. You can’t publicly and directly criticize the company that pays your salary without risking being terminated. Anyone who works for anyone else should also understand that.

That said, I notice and appreciate your occasional subtle and nuanced “shots” at some of the negatives that bother the community. Clever stuff!

And I have been enjoying your weekly presentations as you continue to develop your particular style. 

Hey, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it, as does my team.

View Postg327, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:20, said:

Two questions: Who is Amy? And why would she willingly tolerate hanging with you and Steven? ;)

She must’ve lost one heck of a bet.

Amy has been on my team almost from the beginning, and in fact she pre-dates Steven by about a year or so. She's actually made a number of appearances throughout the years, most recently here:

You might know her work from creating the in-game Meathead emblems, the Meathead puppet, doing the sound editing on Planet Tank, and she has helped me to shape the style of the videos alongside Steven. 

And yes, she definitely lost a heck of a bet. We are very lucky that she's continued to make videos with us for as long as she has.

Couch986 #11 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 22:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 18534 battles
I think these guys deserve some credit for providing a feedback channel for the player base.  Thank you.

TheGreatMunchkin #12 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 23:15

• 133 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCouch986, on Oct 21 2019 - 13:01, said:

I think these guys deserve some credit for providing a feedback channel for the player base.  Thank you.

No, thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users