What is the point of Artillery when Tank Destroyers exist?

arty td

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Izrith #1 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 08:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 612 battles

No, I'm not trolling.

I legitimately do not understand what the point of even having arty is when TDs exist; TD's do twice, sometimes three times more damage, at the exact same extreme ranges, with far shorter reload and aiming times than arty does.

Do not say stun. Stun does nothing. If stun stopped an enemy tank from firing, then perhaps it would have an effect; as it is, it does nothing.

I also do not understand why people who whine about arty say -NOTHING- about TDs when TDs are and always have been by FAR worse examples of '1 shot you out of nowhere', given that they have the view ranges to sit in bushes and spot you coming then 1 shot you. Arty could never do that; they could only fire at targets others had spotted in 99% of cases. Not to mention that many TDs have armor as good as or better than heavies, AND can move at a decent speed.

Basically what I'm saying here is that either arty needs to have its damage reverted and remove this ridiculous 'stun' mechanic that does literally nothing, or nerf TD by an extreme amount.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 09:00

Major

• Players
  • 43718 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
Better yet, remove arty and nerf the ridiculous alpha some tanks have.

Izrith #3 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 09:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 612 battles

If you're going to remove arty, then by the same logic, you must also remove TDs.

Which I would actually be in favor of.

_PoliticallyIncorrect #4 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 09:21

Captain

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [TRY] TRY
A tank destroyer, with the exception of garbage like the deathstar and shtbarm have to stop, aim for a weakspot, and PENETRATE in order to do damage to you. Compared to arty that used to be able to miss you LITERALLY FOR 1,000+ DAMAGE. There has never been a single tank destroyer in the history of this game that can MISS you for a thousand damage. There were however, MANY different artillery pieces in this game for years that could miss you for a thousand and one shot you on a direct hit. While arty can no longer miss equal tiered tanks for half their HP, there are some that can still do 1,000 on a direct hit, in addition to a 20 second stun. It's really not comparable. Tank destroyers need to PENETRATE and be within spotting range to do damage, while arty can camp 1,000 meters literally away from the frontlines, and STILL cause damage, pre-nerf catastrophic amounts of damage. Go watch a youtube video of a random malinovka battle from 2012, you will see exactly what I mean. 

Izrith #5 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 09:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 612 battles

TD's do not need to aim. Their guns pen no matter what they are attacking, with very few exceptions.

Also youtube videos from 2012, 7 years ago, do not matter.

And no. Arty does not do 1000 damage direct hit. You'll be LUCKY to reach even 400.

Belisarius71 #6 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 10:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 35300 battles
  • [CLKEY] CLKEY

View PostIzrith, on Oct 20 2019 - 08:23, said:

TD's do not need to aim. Their guns pen no matter what they are attacking, with very few exceptions.

What? They what???? What are you smoking???

madgiecool #7 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 10:28

Major

• Players
  • 52986 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

View PostIzrith, on Oct 20 2019 - 19:42, said:

No, I'm not trolling.

I legitimately do not understand what the point of even having arty is when TDs exist; TD's do twice, sometimes three times more damage, at the exact same extreme ranges, with far shorter reload and aiming times than arty does.

Do not say stun. Stun does nothing. If stun stopped an enemy tank from firing, then perhaps it would have an effect; as it is, it does nothing.

I also do not understand why people who whine about arty say -NOTHING- about TDs when TDs are and always have been by FAR worse examples of '1 shot you out of nowhere', given that they have the view ranges to sit in bushes and spot you coming then 1 shot you. Arty could never do that; they could only fire at targets others had spotted in 99% of cases. Not to mention that many TDs have armor as good as or better than heavies, AND can move at a decent speed.

Basically what I'm saying here is that either arty needs to have its damage reverted and remove this ridiculous 'stun' mechanic that does literally nothing, or nerf TD by an extreme amount.

No.

Generally a TD in the bushes, will need a spotter.

alphadogg64 #8 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 10:36

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles
You can outplay a TD. You cannot do the same against an arty - either you get hit or you don't, it's a lottery.

Firemoth #9 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 12:08

Major

• Players
  • 38229 battles

TDs punishes you when you make a mistake.

arty punishes you when you think you are safe.

Rena_Dyne #10 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 12:15

Major

• Players
  • 9119 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostFiremoth, on Oct 20 2019 - 03:08, said:

TDs punishes you when you make a mistake.

arty punishes you when you think you are safe.

But arty totally promotes "Dynamic" gameplay and "Reduces camping"  WG said it, it must be true!

PuddleSplasher #11 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 12:44

Major

• Players
  • 39481 battles

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Oct 20 2019 - 08:00, said:

And here is the start of another Arty haters pathetic whining.

Time for us to all run along and don't waste any more time in here. :justwait::bush::arta::child::trollface:

alphadogg64 #12 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 12:55

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Oct 20 2019 - 11:44, said:

Time for us to all run along and don't waste any more time in here. :justwait::bush::arta::child::trollface:

Oh look, a bad player that also happens to be a fan of arty. Almost as though there's some kind of correlation here... Not sure what it might be though...

Ta_Hun_Kwai #13 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 13:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17613 battles

View PostIzrith, on Oct 19 2019 - 23:42, said:

No, I'm not trolling. I legitimately do not understand what the point of even having arty is when TDs exist; TD's do twice, sometimes three times more damage, at the exact same extreme ranges, with far shorter reload and aiming times than arty does. Do not say stun. Stun does nothing. If stun stopped an enemy tank from firing, then perhaps it would have an effect; as it is, it does nothing. I also do not understand why people who whine about arty say -NOTHING- about TDs when TDs are and always have been by FAR worse examples of '1 shot you out of nowhere', given that they have the view ranges to sit in bushes and spot you coming then 1 shot you. Arty could never do that; they could only fire at targets others had spotted in 99% of cases. Not to mention that many TDs have armor as good as or better than heavies, AND can move at a decent speed. Basically what I'm saying here is that either arty needs to have its damage reverted and remove this ridiculous 'stun' mechanic that does literally nothing, or nerf TD by an extreme amount.

yea, sure you're not trolling
Ok first of all TDs are ambush/snipers they take shots of opportunity the amount of damage they do is irrelevant to why SPGs are in the game.
Second SPGs are in the game for anti-camping and stun effect they use to be more focused on damage anti-camping before they switched to stun your clam of stun does nothing is wrong it affects the whole crew (makes the crew act like a 50% crew for a few seconds) by worsening there stats so the tank is slower to move/turn spot and reload/fire.
Third people cry about SPGs cause they are so far back out of reach whereas LTs, MTs, Hts, & TDs can be spotted right away and take damage for giving you damage your claims of TDs needing nerfs are unreasonable as they are already bad at this game and doing so would break them should SPGs be given more damage and less stuff yes they should.

Edited by Ta_Hun_Kwai, Oct 20 2019 - 19:54.

CynicalDutchie #14 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 43718 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Oct 20 2019 - 12:44, said:

Hmmm yes, I see now. You are right, arty gud, Make people camp less, be more dynamic. Punish camping TD never punish pushing tanks. How could I be so blind, thanks for enlightening me.

Such an integral part of the game, could not do without yes.

PuddleSplasher #15 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 39481 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 20 2019 - 11:55, said:

Oh look, a bad player that also happens to be a fan of arty. Almost as though there's some kind of correlation here... Not sure what it might be though...

It's rather obvious to me that you don't have a clue what you think. You simply type what you your little brain suggests even though by your own admission you don't quite know what it is.

May I suggest you only read the topic and forget about posting until you understand that Arty has been regularly nerfed but still remains part of the game. Numerous TD's have been buffed yet still it's Arty that many fail to understand therefore they just whine.

Arty haters are always gonna hate.:arta::child:

alphadogg64 #16 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 13:52

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Oct 20 2019 - 12:45, said:

It's rather obvious to me that you don't have a clue what you think. You simply type what you your little brain suggests even though by your own admission you don't quite know what it is.

May I suggest you only read the topic and forget about posting until you understand that Arty has been regularly nerfed but still remains part of the game. Numerous TD's have been buffed yet still it's Arty that many fail to understand therefore they just whine.

Arty haters are always gonna hate.:arta::child:

You should have taken your signatures advice

LeaveIT2Beaver #17 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 13:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 37431 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

What I hear when people cry about vehicles in the game

WhineMaker #18 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 14:09

Major

• Players
  • 38637 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Oct 20 2019 - 00:00, said:

Even better yet, you should go play WoT Blitz to resolve your issues with arty. Since the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty, is far too difficult for you... :arta:

JTM78 #19 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 14:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24226 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

View PostIzrith, on Oct 20 2019 - 01:42, said:

No, I'm not trolling.

Artillery used to have a special job. They could dig out hull down monsters, weaking over powered heavies/ stupidless over armoered RU tds and general punish stupid players for seating the same spot.

The reason players don't cry about TDs is because TDs can not dig out hull down monster, punish stupid players for seating after be detected, and now with the HE nerf they will not be able to weaking over powered RU anythings.

This game has little to no balance and RNG just makes that worse.

PuddleSplasher #20 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 39481 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 20 2019 - 12:52, said:

You should have taken your signatures advice

Perhaps you need to take the advice ;-) Arty hater :arta::justwait::child::P

Also tagged with arty, td

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users