What is Wrong With the Game Centre?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CanadianPuppy #1 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

Honestly, somebody explain to me what is wrong with it.

In the event that you have more than one game installed, it condenses all of them down into one icon.

If you just play WoT, so what? You get all the news and everything just from WoT.

If it doesn't close, Task Manager it out of existence. "End Process Tree". I run a 13 year old computer in the complete stock configuration with the cheapest internet plan I could find. I see no problem with it being open in the background. Granted my downloads take hours, but it's mainly my internet speed. (Just for reference, I get excited when it surpasses 1 Mb/s even if it was brief)

It provides an easier way to switch to an alt account and play on a different server.

You can open the news w/o going to the WoT news website.

I don't think anyone was this irritated when Microsoft discontinued Windows XP support.

Edited by CanadianPuppy, Oct 21 2019 - 18:56.

Cowcat137 #2 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 14238 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

TeamTerrible #3 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4458 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The bigger question is what is wrong with the people who decided to make the center mandatory to play the game

Over 2 years ago they forced it upon the leftovers on Warplanes and to date its still creating problems for multiple users no matter which WG title it (coughs) supports

I'd say how many lost players would it take to get their attention but i don't think they really care about losing thousands of players as it has happened before and without remorse

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Some people are just fearful types... they live desperate lives... afraid of all change, their minds wrapped in conspiracy fantasies.

Others of us are pragmatic, using truth and logic to deal squarely with reality, thereby freeing our minds from unreasonable fears.

Eustace #5 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32265 battles
  • [WOOT] WOOT

View PostTeamTerrible, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:29, said:

The bigger question is what is wrong with the people who decided to make the center mandatory to play the game

Over 2 years ago they forced it upon the leftovers on Warplanes and to date its still creating problems for multiple users no matter which WG title it (coughs) supports

I'd say how many lost players would it take to get their attention but i don't think they really care about losing thousands of players as it has happened before and without remorse

Forcing something down someone's throat is a good way to cause hard feelings.

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 15:51

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostEustace, on Oct 21 2019 - 06:46, said:

Forcing something down someone's throat is a good way to cause hard feelings.

It's hardly being "forced", you don't have to play this game. The terms of service allow this and you agreed, you do not "own" any of the software you use. Some folks just LIKE having "hard feelings".

It the Center causes technical problems...submit a ticket. Mine works fine, pretty much always has. Other games use similar concepts. Actually i LIKE WG's Center a bit better than some of them.

Eustace #7 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 16:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32265 battles
  • [WOOT] WOOT

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:51, said:

It's hardly being "forced", you don't have to play this game. The terms of service allow this and you agreed, you do not "own" any of the software you use. Some folks just LIKE having "hard feelings".

It the Center causes technical problems...submit a ticket. Mine works fine, pretty much always has. Other games use similar concepts. Actually i LIKE WG's Center a bit better than some of them.

You're right. I don't have to play this game. And I won't beginning today. Your arrogance and Wargaming.net's treatment of its players in this and its other decisions have convinced me that I shouldn't have wasted so much of my time and money playing World of Tanks.

Cya around, sucker!

ratpak #8 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 17:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26617 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
yeah.. because I'm sure nobody uses STEAM, or BLIZZARD or any of the others.  

CanadianPuppy #9 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 18:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:32, said:

Some people are just fearful types... they live desperate lives... afraid of all change, their minds wrapped in conspiracy fantasies.

Others of us are pragmatic, using truth and logic to deal squarely with reality, thereby freeing our minds from unreasonable fears.

We are all creatures of consistency. Especially over extended periods of repeating and receiving the same result. It does take any person that has formed a habit some time to readjust. However, accepting that change and adapting to it will vary.

Mojo_Riesing #10 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:02

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostEustace, on Oct 21 2019 - 07:01, said:

You're right. I don't have to play this game. And I won't beginning today. Your arrogance and Wargaming.net's treatment of its players in this and its other decisions have convinced me that I shouldn't have wasted so much of my time and money playing World of Tanks.

Cya around, sucker!

Arrogant?  Well, thank you.  However i don't think pointing out things that are true really constitute "arrogance". I'm never happy that anyone leaves the game but it's a free world, do what you think works best for you but KNOW THIS...when you online game you do not own the software or anything you "buy", you own a license to USE what the gaming entity chooses to let you have and it IS subject to change. There are no refunds, no guarantee of perpetual use in the form you AGREED to purchase, nor what they wish to make it be in the future.  Good luck.

dunniteowl #11 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I didn't purchase ANYTHING, so I roll with it.

I had problems with the WGC before.  Three times before, to be exact.  This time?

It went okay.  Client's open right now and I'm ready to play.  I don't care if they make me use the Launcher as long as it doesn't impact my machine to the point of unplayability -- it's almost already there as it is, because it's so old.  Today, though, I can still play.  I followed the tips and tricks from 4Tankersanddog's video (most of which I already knew to do from previous installation attempts and then attempting to figure out how to get it to actually work) and everything went okay this time.

So, I can honestly say that the WGC has been improved.  I can also tell many of you that take being able to get new things for granted, that having older stuff kind of sucks and you get used to being behind the technology curve.  I just don't appreciate being lumped into those 'fearful of change' as my concerns were 100% based on observations and attempts to get the damn thing in the past to even allow me to login.

Some of you need to bear in mind that someone's concerns might be valid for them, even if you're not having them.  Thus, it would be more productive to be helpful as opposed to dismissive of the issues.

As to some of the other 'concerns' expressed (vis-a-vis, Big Brother Software, etc) I can only say, "To each their own, I guess."  I don't wish to be dismissive of them, even though I don't believe what they do.  That said, I'd rather find ways to assist as opposed to dismiss.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

4TankersAndDog #12 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 06:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 27220 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

BadCorps #13 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12548 battles
Just be grateful that it's free

maoyoushisi #14 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 06:19

Private

• Players
  • 4013 battles
I've been using Game Center since it came out for both WOT and Total War Arena (when it still existed), it has been elegant, convenient, and easy to use. I really don't get why there's so much negativity about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users