Uninstalled the new 'Game Center'

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 16:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11748 battles

While I was uninstalling, I noticed an option that said 'uninstall everything'.  I thought, "what the heck" and checked it. 

I will almost surely be back.  Or maybe not.  I'll miss the holidays.  Love the holiday things on WOT!  Alas.  One thing's for sure, I'm done for now. 

My computer started bogging down, and my drive was thrashing, after installing the newest 'game center' or whatever name they called it, this morning.  Closing WOT didn't help.  Checking the option to not update in the background didn't help.  It was still bogging down. 

Turns out there were at least two WOT apps running in the background; after I closed WOT.  Manually shutting them down didn't help.  Wasn't in the mood to dig deeper.  So, uninstalled everything.  Ahhh!  That hit the spot!   That might have been the most efficient problem solving I've ever done?  

My computer is critically important to my personal and work life.  I'm not going to share my computer processor or bandwidth with WG for whatever reasons they might have (I can guess).   

If this was the only issue, then I'd try to work through it.  But, it's only the latest issue.  One too many. 

I will miss you all!  Be well, my friends!  Enjoy the holidays! 

SpectreHD #2 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 16:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • [TT] TT

I just closed the launcher and checked Task Manager and no WG related programs running in the background.

I don't know what potato you are running but the WoT launcher is probably the least resource hungry launcher I have.

4TankersAndDog #3 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 16:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 27324 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

Indeed just set GC to not load on start-up, shortcut directly to the WorldOfTanks.exe, and never use GC but to update the game when needed.  No extra latent resources needed...

F4U_wingman #4 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 16:54

Captain

• Players
  • 88860 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Well my computer was running great and now when it trys to update the WGC it will not let  me play the game

Amazed #5 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 17:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 41611 battles
  • [-OBC-] -OBC-

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 21 2019 - 15:48, said:

Indeed just set GC to not load on start-up, shortcut directly to the WorldOfTanks.exe, and never use GC but to update the game when needed.  No extra latent resources needed...

Are you sure about that?  I've tried this several times but all that happens is that the Game Center keeps wanting to install prior to playing.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

Um, my bad.  I indeed was able to do this but "after" you install the Game Center so I'm still forced to install this unwanted app, pooh.

Edited by Amazed, Oct 21 2019 - 17:17.

jamesdoz #6 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 39608 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

8 gigs of Ram only, I have had 24 Gigs since 2012. I know it was more then I needed then and almost every time now, But Since I got the best PC in 2012, I still have no need to upgrade anything and won't for at least 2 more years. I have been eyeing a new Video Card and Power supply, But that is want not need. 

FYI I know this is not the place but with so many on this thread right now, Any info on the Halloween Mode?

Edited by jamesdoz, Oct 21 2019 - 17:18.

hikerjon1 #7 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39502 battles
I've been running it since its release. No real issues. Even when minimized to the taskbar, it's not using up resources unless there are updates--even then it doesn't have much of an impact. Contact support. You probably need to uninstall, clean your registry, and reinstall.

_Katyusha___ #8 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 18:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17033 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

I'm sure it is your potato. My potato is ok since the first game center i installed long ago (yeah i play all the WoX series, but more tanks)

You really need to try another vegetable to run your games 

BTW my potato runs with a wooping 1Gb ram coupled with 4Gb usb drive little helper (system counts it like 3GB total) and old Nvidia 1Gb video card

Edited by _Katyusha___, Oct 21 2019 - 18:19.

largeelvis #9 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20466 battles

Block Quote

I don't know what potato you are running but the WoT launcher is probably the least resource hungry launcher I have.

yeah, no. It's launches at start by default, minimizes to taskbar by default, checks daily for updates by default, uploads advance updates, and seeds updates all by default. Most launchers are bad, but it's not the least hungry launcher. Cool 4 tankers and a dog video though. I'm in Silicon Valley as well and for some reason wargaming wants me to play in South America every other game launch.

Edited by largeelvis, Oct 21 2019 - 19:16.

Harmless55 #10 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17171 battles
  • [L0ST] L0ST
It isn't installing on my Mac. I have no idea what to do about that. I hope WG fixes it 'cause television is a viable alternative to spending time and money to find yourself on the downside of yet another 2-15 blowout.

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #11 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 27006 battles
I dont know why everyone is having issues or doesn't like the Game center, I've had it since it came out and have yet to experience any issues.  Maybe its because I have a really good pc and I dont notice? But it's always updated when I'm ready to play plus all the games are together now. Can lower end pcs not handle it? 

dunniteowl #12 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Well, I'm about to try it out on MY potato (Dell Inspiron N5010, 6G RAM, Video Chip (aka: Integrated Graphics) on Win 7 64bit system.

I have a question that I have been searching for an answer on other parts of the forums with no luck.

Should I install the Game Center IN THE SAME FOLDER as where WoT is?

Or Should I let it install in the default path?

Now, before you answer, allow me to say that the last three times the WGC was installed on my computer, I allowed it to the default path.  In each case, not only could I no longer play the game at all, I could not uninstall and redownload it successfully until I literally ran the uninstall, then manually searched my registry and removed ANY and EVERY file name that had WG, WOT or WGC attached to it.  Then I also scrubbed through the files looking at WHO issued them or created them and removed a couple more.  Only then could I reinstall the game and I had to do so with the old launcher, not the WGC.

So I am not looking forward to that, as if it doesn't work this time, It's adios muchachos y cavrones until I get something made in this decade.  It sucks being poor at times, people, but it's worse when all the jobs you had are now in some other country, because we don't make our own stuff anymore.  In any case, if and when the Great Pumpkin sees fit to provide a newer system, I might be stalled for a while.

So I'm asking my question, because it just occurred to me this morning as I'm staring at that INSTALL button and the path that it has.   

Should I install it right alongside or INSIDE the World of Tanks folder path?   

Or:  Let it follow it's lead and default path?

Thanks for any helpful advice.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

3nr0n #13 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:35

Captain

• Players
  • 23427 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 21 2019 - 09:48, said:

I ran the WG Center to get the update then made a shortcut for the 64 bit application and played using the shortcut.  The game center didn't open in the background either and it seemed to help my toaster PC.

+1 4TankersAndDog

sparky_49 #14 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 20:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8908 battles

I wouldn't install it inside the WoT folder.  Let it use the default path and it will install it in "C:\Program Files (x86)", it takes up 247MB. It can find the WoT folder, even if it resides on a different drive. Installing it inside a folder set that it updates wouldn't be a good idea.

I have WoT on two PC's and the install went fine for both. I didn't like the fact I was forced to use it, after having had to install it to play WoT Classic. And removal was a real pain to get back to the Launcher after playing Classic and uninstalling WGC.

Playing only WoT, the Launcher worked just fine and had the same News, Update, Install, file check features as WGC so nothing is gained for me. But so far I haven't encountered any issues with it.

dunniteowl #15 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 20:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Okay, thanks.  This time will tell, then, if the WGC is any better than it was before.  Crossing my talons and hoping, then.

Wish me luck!

OvO

CaptainBussey #16 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5833 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Oct 21 2019 - 12:20, said:

I dont know why everyone is having issues or doesn't like the Game center, I've had it since it came out and have yet to experience any issues.  Maybe its because I have a really good pc and I dont notice? But it's always updated when I'm ready to play plus all the games are together now. Can lower end pcs not handle it? 

+1 here. 

I’ve had it for a while, multiple WG games, and has been nothing but good to me. 

dunniteowl #17 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Okay, not as borked as it was in the past.

This time, the first instance of installation of the WGC was OKAY!

I have my game client open and am ready to play right this second.

I'm not going to say, "Well Done, WG," in this instance, however I will say, "Thank, God, FINALLY, it worked!"  So hat's off to you for finally making it work across a wider range of systems.  When the god of death comes for us, we say, "Not today,"

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

SporkBoy #18 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 49681 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Nope, why not download and install in the background like any other update?

Tried using it this morning. Downloading got to 35% then claimed disconnected. Got reconnected then started downloading FROM 0%! Stalled again, repeat above 4 times.

Now it's stopped at 89% for the last 20 minutes.

At this rate might get in game just in time to miss the xmas loot boxes.

dunniteowl #19 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 22:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Try the button in the link and go from there.  It worked for me.

Good Luck!

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users