• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

CynicalDutchie #21 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 43714 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View Postenjineer, on Oct 21 2019 - 17:13, said:

Problem that the OP is addressing is the fact that wheelies have a version of aim assist that was deemed an illegal mod for all other tanks.

The auto aim on wheeled vehicles is nowhere near as good as auto aim+ was.

Pipinghot #22 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSqueekles, on Oct 21 2019 - 11:05, said:

Yes I understand that there are many non realistic additions to this game... Most of the tanks fighting would not be seeing each other on the battlefield.  But aside from that,  I've read many people having issue with the wheeled vehicles etc etc.. I just think that in this one item ( removing auto aim ) would greatly benefit the game play and could totally disarm the anger being felt by a lot in the game towards the wheeled vehicles.. 

You're misunderstanding the complaints, what bothers players is not auto-aim, it's that wheeled vehicles have better auto-aim than other tanks. Removing auto-aim from the game is a bad idea, removing the enhanced auto-aim from wheelies is a good idea.

Cowcat137 #23 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 14248 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

The cars were so fast that they were almost unplayable : they ran up walls and flipped over, the players couldn't hit anything at speed and regular auto aim also couldn't handle the speeds. So to make it playable for the average player they gave them help staying upright and they added the special aim.  The goal (I think, this is all speculation) was to make a fast, fun vehicle class. 

I think it worked for the majority of average slobs like me. I can barely make them work .

Where it failed is that dedicated players with great reflexes and talent can make these things perform like ballerina death machines. When you face one of those guys, when you hit him with a 128mm round that only annoys him, when he snaps off two gold rounds in return and they both pen your front plate, then you get really angry.

Squeekles #24 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 21 2019 - 19:22, said:

You're misunderstanding the complaints, what bothers players is not auto-aim, it's that wheeled vehicles have better auto-aim than other tanks. Removing auto-aim from the game is a bad idea, removing the enhanced auto-aim from wheelies is a good idea.

I hear you that the cars got a better auto-aim.. for the sake of argument and fairness Im just saying that removing it completely is more fair to all parties No one has it no one can use it.. no one benefits OR fails because of it. Just a thought...

Squeekles #25 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Oct 21 2019 - 19:30, said:

The cars were so fast that they were almost unplayable : they ran up walls and flipped over, the players couldn't hit anything at speed and regular auto aim also couldn't handle the speeds. So to make it playable for the average player they gave them help staying upright and they added the special aim.  The goal (I think, this is all speculation) was to make a fast, fun vehicle class. 

I think it worked for the majority of average slobs like me. I can barely make them work .

Where it failed is that dedicated players with great reflexes and talent can make these things perform like ballerina death machines. When you face one of those guys, when you hit him with a 128mm round that only annoys him, when he snaps off two gold rounds in return and they both pen your front plate, then you get really angry.

This - Exactly your first couple sentences.. the cars were almost unplayable. ran up walls flipped and player could not hit anything at speed.. As it should be.. they should have to stop and aim and take smart shots... most of the other vehicles in this game require one to stop or slow and carefully aim to get the best RNG... Shot.. your statement is saying the model was broken and people could not handle it so they created a new equation and model for that specific vehicle to correct it..  Removing all auto aim will move the playing field more level again as no one will be able to travel 99kph and hit anything other than random luck..... just a though.

Squeekles #26 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 19:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles
BTW.. I appreciate the real conversation were all having.. its nice to discuss the question / statement.. Thank you

My_Name_Is_Nobody_ #27 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 00:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7040 battles

View PostSqueekles, on Oct 21 2019 - 17:05, said:

Yes I understand that there are many non realistic additions to this game... Most of the tanks fighting would not be seeing each other on the battlefield.  But aside from that,  I've read many people having issue with the wheeled vehicles etc etc.. I just think that in this one item ( removing auto aim ) would greatly benefit the game play and could totally disarm the anger being felt by a lot in the game towards the wheeled vehicles.. 

Even the ole KV-2 vs M6 close combat deal (along with others) where the M6 is a one-shot if the KV gets to its side. (Assuming changes won't be made). They aren't aiming with those deals, they just lock, push, load and fire. M6 is dead. Routine. If they actually had to aim, we might see some misses.

But yes, absolutely with the wheelies, which are ridiculous.

Edited by My_Name_Is_Nobody_, Oct 22 2019 - 00:52.

TripleDELUXExGAMER #28 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 01:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5011 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
lmboyeah crappy auto-aim is the problem with the game atm... “it’s basically aimbot!” :teethhappy:

cavalry11 #29 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 01:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49888 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
How does a normal person do the tasks of a 4 person crew? That is why auto aim is needed because in a real tank your driver goes where told the gunner looks for and aims at targets the commander just runs the show and does not have to attempt to do every thing alone.

Pipinghot #30 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSqueekles, on Oct 21 2019 - 13:47, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 21 2019 - 19:22, said:

I hear you that the cars got a better auto-aim.. for the sake of argument and fairness Im just saying that removing it completely is more fair to all parties No one has it no one can use it.. no one benefits OR fails because of it. Just a thought...

It was already fair before, when everyone had the same auto-aim. The only thing that's unfair now is that one class of vehicles has a better type of auto-aim than other classes. If your goal is to make it fair then it is no necessary to remove auto-aim, just make it the same for all classes.

If you want auto-aim removed from the game you have every right to make that suggestion, but don't pretend that it's because of wheeled vehicles, that's a false connection.

Edited by Pipinghot, Oct 22 2019 - 03:41.

Squeekles #31 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 14:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 22 2019 - 03:40, said:

It was already fair before, when everyone had the same auto-aim. The only thing that's unfair now is that one class of vehicles has a better type of auto-aim than other classes. If your goal is to make it fair then it is no necessary to remove auto-aim, just make it the same for all classes.

If you want auto-aim removed from the game you have every right to make that suggestion, but don't pretend that it's because of wheeled vehicles, that's a false connection.

If that is the case then making the auto - aim the same all around is a great step.....  if the Universal auto-aim is UN-usable with the wheeled vehicles then perhaps the wheeled vehicles are the broken aspect.  I did not know they helped the wheelies with a better auto aim.

comradekillshot #32 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 15:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19546 battles
  • [IRE] IRE
I disagree with the complete removal of auto aim systems. To be honest squeekles I think you should try and grind out some high tier light tanks and try not using aim bot. Its very hard. Light tanks are already a challenge trying to not get shot and spot and all the other stuff your trying to manage. letting them have an aim bot is more of a necessity than anything. In my honest opinion I think all light tanks should be as fast as the wheelies however tracks should be the same for both. ya lose a track you stop, ya lose a wheel ya stop.

Filthywon #33 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 15:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20010 battles
  • [TINC] TINC

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Oct 21 2019 - 12:01, said:

Last night I played EBR 105, got hit by the Death Star AP round... it damaged one of my wheels... that needs some though and improvement.

The main reason wheeled vehicles are OP, is their gun stabilization is so good, they V-Stab doesn't help much.  You can go 95 kmph, zig-zag hold down fire button and still hit most of your shots.

I hit an ebr 105 with hesh in my DeathStar and did 70 damage. I got called a liar. Who woulda thunk it. 

Squeekles #34 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 15:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:30, said:

I disagree with the complete removal of auto aim systems. To be honest squeekles I think you should try and grind out some high tier light tanks and try not using aim bot. Its very hard. Light tanks are already a challenge trying to not get shot and spot and all the other stuff your trying to manage. letting them have an aim bot is more of a necessity than anything. In my honest opinion I think all light tanks should be as fast as the wheelies however tracks should be the same for both. ya lose a track you stop, ya lose a wheel ya stop.

I completely hear ya.. I would imagine its very difficult to hit anything on the move without an auto aim especially when moving at high speed.... but in my opinion thats part of playing in tanks... rarely did tanks shoot on the move.. yes yes I know its a game and not real life ( 1950's tanks fighting 1940's tanks ) . I also agree that if a tank loses a track its stuck for the moment.. if wheelies lose a wheel they are stuck too.... So maybe the way to solve this is Keep auto aim.. BUUUUUT..  the fast you are moving the less accurate the aim.. IE if your auto aimed and going 20kph  your auto aim is accurate to center mass.. but if your going 99kph then your bloom is HUGE... and the longer the distance the wider the angle.... will you get a lucky shot.. sure.. but I wonder if more than 50% direct penning hits at race car speeds is helpful to the player retention and new player sign up health over all.

BigJohnsonLogan #35 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34822 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostSqueekles, on Oct 21 2019 - 10:37, said:

Hello All,

First time posting here.  Ive been reading a lot of post about the many many ( issues ) with this game for a while now.

After much thought about it I wonder if this would solve a lot of the issues in the game.

1. Remove all auto aim for all vehicles.... All shots would be manual. 

Thanks

Wheeled Vehicles demonstrate how bad the code for aiming at moving targets is in World Of Tanks. Add a little latency, a really small, fast moving, armored tank with wheel hit boxes that register as a"critical hit/no damage", with an autoaim that compensates for a fast moving gun platform and you get a VERY over powered scout.

Wheeled Vehicles demonstrate unrealistic physics unlike anything else in the game, they bounce around like they are a rubber ball, climb steep slopes with ease and turn on 180 degrees while moving at full speed.

Wheeled Vehicle are very broken and several Community Contributors have told WG this.

Wargaming does not like to admit to mistakes.

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Oct 23 2019 - 20:42.

ProfessionalFinn #36 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 21:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 26384 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 21 2019 - 07:51, said:

That totally makes sense, because real tank commanders never had gunners to offload the work of aiming and shooting for them...

And let's turn off that mini-map too, it's totally not historic and most players never even look at it anyway :-P

And when dead you should remain dead.  Pretty sure that is the way it works in real tanks.

ProfessionalFinn #37 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 26384 battles

View PostSmoked_Maple_Bacon, on Oct 21 2019 - 08:05, said:

radio operators should not be able to report everything happening on the map at once

Perfect 110 degrees of visability must go too.  Same with operating a fake pixel WoT armor with a mouse and keyboard.

awsar1 #38 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 04:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32682 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
auto aim on wheeled tanks is a bit crazy,also tired of doing no damage to them when hit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users