Game Center question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

fsdgsg #1 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 20:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14310 battles
  • [EATU] EATU
I use the old launcher but already have the GC, but I don't see an "import game" button, do I have to reinstall WoT?

KillnU_ #2 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 20:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40797 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD

View Postfsdgsg, on Oct 21 2019 - 15:20, said:

I use the old launcher but already have the GC, but I don't see an "import game" button, do I have to reinstall WoT?

It prompted me to import during the install process, or maybe immediately after when it started for the first time.

GWyatt #3 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4291 battles
  • [VAN] VAN
Start up WGC. Go to the All Games tab. There is a button, upper right "Import Installed Games"

dunniteowl #4 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Well, I can tell you that all you have to do is IMPORT the installation and IT WILL find it for you and ask you if you wish to import it.

How do I know this? 

I just did it.  And, wonder of all wonders, I can play the game.  The last three times it didn't work, so I was very surprised that it went well.  And when I say, "the last three times," I don't mean three attempts before this one today, I mean three completely other times when the WGC was 'offered' by WG and it totally MALF'd my system each time, though admittedly, the very last time it let me login and start the client, then booted me, which was as close as I got before today.

I think, for the most part, most folks can run this without too much trouble now.  It seems the majority of issues have been worked out.  I have an old potato computer and it's working on it right this very moment.  I'm in my Garage as I type this -- virtually, of course.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

fsdgsg #5 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 21:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14310 battles
  • [EATU] EATU

View PostGWyatt, on Oct 21 2019 - 21:11, said:

Start up WGC. Go to the All Games tab. There is a button, upper right "Import Installed Games"

There is no button for me 

Isola_di_Fano #6 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 24413 battles
If you launch the game, wichever one, from the WGC, it should ask you to import said game to the WGC.

F4U_wingman #7 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 89004 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 21 2019 - 12:21, said:

Well, I can tell you that all you have to do is IMPORT the installation and IT WILL find it for you and ask you if you wish to import it.

How do I know this? 

I just did it.  And, wonder of all wonders, I can play the game.  The last three times it didn't work, so I was very surprised that it went well.  And when I say, "the last three times," I don't mean three attempts before this one today, I mean three completely other times when the WGC was 'offered' by WG and it totally MALF'd my system each time, though admittedly, the very last time it let me login and start the client, then booted me, which was as close as I got before today.

I think, for the most part, most folks can run this without too much trouble now.  It seems the majority of issues have been worked out.  I have an old potato computer and it's working on it right this very moment.  I'm in my Garage as I type this -- virtually, of course.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Lucky you, I had the same problem when I first tried it with WoT Classic... sadly I still have a problem while support is helping me find the problem to fix it.

dunniteowl #8 Posted Oct 21 2019 - 23:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I run on lowest settings, in SD and get 11 fps or so.  If this WGC did what it did last time I would have had to wait until I got a new(er) computer.

I am not happy about the migration, however, at least this time the issues for me were solved and I have to believe that a large swath of other potato using players are also as happy as I am about still being able to play.  I just wish the team mates I have had so far were able to play as well.  I mean, they can play the game, but they didn't seem to want to all that much the first four games I played so far.

Hang in there, F4U_wingman.  I have had mostly good interactions with CS.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users