Wargaming Gaming Center

23 replies to this topic

cocobit #1 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 02:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38461 battles
  • [EZ-PZ] EZ-PZ

We need one properly pinned post to procedures for the fracking WGC.  I am getting extremely annoyed by all the old kludge.

Proper date, version and solutions.

I am getting sick of browsing posts that date back two years and a hodgepodge of unrelated solutions.

Yours and pissed off.

GhostCavalry #2 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 02:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24580 battles

WoT is INSTALLED, why does this Game center (also installed) insist on reinstall 13 GB of stuff that is already on my PC?

NOT COOL!

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 73233 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

You can still launch directly from the game files or close out WGC after you login through it.

But you will need to update using WGC.

Also WGC Support page/articles, https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wgc/category/18375/

GWyatt #4 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4208 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostGhostCavalry, on Oct 21 2019 - 20:14, said:

WoT is INSTALLED, why does this Game center (also installed) insist on reinstall 13 GB of stuff that is already on my PC?

NOT COOL!

Go to the All Games tab, click on the "Import Installed Games" button in the upper right. It is likely not finding your installed game if you've installed it somewhere other than default, etc.

cocobit #5 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38461 battles
  • [EZ-PZ] EZ-PZ

I am going for full reinstall.

I used Revo Uninstaller I made the computer vanilla again

but the blasted WGC crashes upon install

I used download from Wargaming

world_of_tanks_install_na_bxv424wxovco.exe is the name of the file downloaded from official site

It fails

This was definitely not ready.  It failed when I first tried it and it fails again. 

The game was working just fine until this and I expect some solution that does not involve going into full helpdesk mode. 

Windows 7/64 French 

Edited by cocobit, Oct 22 2019 - 03:28.

1Nomad #6 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 25092 battles

I am afraid making gaming center obligatory is the last nail to the World of Tanks NA coffin. Gaming center is a true masterpiece and work of art; a unique combination of spyware and malware. It submits your private information from your PC to Russians without permission and gives them a way to spam you just like any adware malware.

Thanks to the creative implementation, gaming center contain multiple security vulnerabilities opening up your computer to hackers just like World of Tanks mods with obfuscated python code, and it will mess up your computer forcing you to re-install your operating system.

I had to quit playing on RU servers after they made WGGC obligatory there. I guess this is final bye bye to NA as well. RIP World of Tanks NA.

F4U_wingman #7 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:51

Captain

• Players
  • 87757 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View Post1Nomad, on Oct 21 2019 - 18:35, said:

I am afraid making gaming center obligatory is the last nail to the World of Tanks NA coffin. Gaming center is a true masterpiece and work of art; a unique combination of spyware and malware. It submits your private information from your PC to Russians without permission and gives them a way to spam you just like any adware malware.

Thanks to the creative implementation, gaming center contain multiple security vulnerabilities opening up your computer to hackers just like World of Tanks mods with obfuscated python code, and it will mess up your computer forcing you to re-install your operating system.

I had to quit playing on RU servers after they made WGGC obligatory there. I guess this is final bye bye to NA as well. RIP World of Tanks NA.

Funny, My EU account works but my NA account does not, the WGC will not load on my computer.

YardbombEX #8 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 17883 battles
Congrats Wargaming. You have pushed the last straw for me. I am not wiling to pay funds for game items while you have chosen to force your info stealing launcher on to me.. I'm done. It's be fun for the most part but your double dipping. Charging for in game and then stealing data to sale. I encourage everyone to read their entire EULA. They open with the famous "your privacy is important to us" then as you read it goes on to say paraphrasing "we will take all data we see fit and sell said data to anyone and you have no say in it or a recourse should you experience a lose" Have fun. Almost a full 10 years and you pull a Mirco$haft. 

4TankersAndDog #9 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 06:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 27243 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

Manabozo #10 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 05:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46054 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 22 2019 - 00:11, said:

Tried directly. It now launches the client, and shuts it back down.

cocobit #11 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 05:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38461 battles
  • [EZ-PZ] EZ-PZ

Unfortunately I used the clean install approach.

I don't have WoT anymore so the fox got my chicken.

Curly_Bill #12 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 22:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 75371 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS
They have had this bug since August. I got it then and my son helped me reinstall the old launch mechanism. Then Monday, being forced to switch to the Game Center, I got the identical bug, a black rectangle, that didn't respond at all. My son spent an hour last night trying work a rounds and gave up, though he penned a response to war gaming as a reply for a ticket  I generated on Monday. I sent it to them last night and my answer this AM was "thank you for your input. Be patient and we will eventually fix it. Well the response was not in so many words, but that was the attitude. Just about ready to chuck this supreme time waster.

cocobit #13 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 00:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38461 battles
  • [EZ-PZ] EZ-PZ

Hello,

I have a ticket opened at the moment and I have good feedback.

We are working on the problem.

Did you document your assistance request with screenshots, launcher log file, system information, etc

We need to provide an exact list of the step by step procedures we attempt. :)

I am not giving up

Good luck to us

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostCurly_Bill, on Oct 23 2019 - 18:48, said:

They have had this bug since August. I got it then and my son helped me reinstall the old launch mechanism. Then Monday, being forced to switch to the Game Center, I got the identical bug, a black rectangle, that didn't respond at all. My son spent an hour last night trying work a rounds and gave up, though he penned a response to war gaming as a reply for a ticket  I generated on Monday. I sent it to them last night and my answer this AM was "thank you for your input. Be patient and we will eventually fix it. Well the response was not in so many words, but that was the attitude. Just about ready to chuck this supreme time waster.

View PostYardbombEX, on Oct 22 2019 - 01:27, said:

Congrats Wargaming. You have pushed the last straw for me. I am not wiling to pay funds for game items while you have chosen to force your info stealing launcher on to me.. I'm done. It's be fun for the most part but your double dipping. Charging for in game and then stealing data to sale. I encourage everyone to read their entire EULA. They open with the famous "your privacy is important to us" then as you read it goes on to say paraphrasing "we will take all data we see fit and sell said data to anyone and you have no say in it or a recourse should you experience a lose" Have fun. Almost a full 10 years and you pull a Mirco$haft. 

View Post1Nomad, on Oct 21 2019 - 23:35, said:

But before you QUIT... you may want to check around and see how many great MMO games there are which do not have similar Launchers required.

After that, if you still want to QUIT...

black_colt #15 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View Postcocobit, on Oct 21 2019 - 18:10, said:

I am going for full reinstall.

I used Revo Uninstaller I made the computer vanilla again

but the blasted WGC crashes upon install

I used download from Wargaming

world_of_tanks_install_na_bxv424wxovco.exe is the name of the file downloaded from official site

It fails

This was definitely not ready.  It failed when I first tried it and it fails again. 

The game was working just fine until this and I expect some solution that does not involve going into full helpdesk mode. 

Windows 7/64 French 

The Game Center installed without issue on my iMac and MacBook Pro for both 64-bit MS Windows 10 as well as, after they released the 64-bit WG Game Center Wrapper, on macOS Catalina.

Why do you expect something to work flawlessly on an OS for which mainstream support stopped in Jan 2015 - over four years ago - and extended support will cease in Jan 2020?

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:04, said:

Why do you expect something to work flawlessly on an OS for which mainstream support stopped in Jan 2015 - over four years ago - and extended support will cease in Jan 2020?

I use Windows 7/64 English and have zero issues doing it.  I expect it will be fine for many years after MS stops updates in Jan 2020.  WG will probably not remove it from WoT use before 2025.

cocobit #17 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 09:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38461 battles
  • [EZ-PZ] EZ-PZ

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 24 2019 - 19:49, said:

I use Windows 7/64 English and have zero issues doing it.  I expect it will be fine for many years after MS stops updates in Jan 2020.  WG will probably not remove it from WoT use before 2025.

Amen and so do I.

Windows 10 is Sauron's One Ring

It isn't OS related as I installed Ubuntu with Wine on a dedicated partition and WGC install does fail on a diskspace error.

This looks like an API call error.

I am keeping my support ticket updated with all my trials.

Patience my precious

... and thanks for the fish

Edited by cocobit, Oct 25 2019 - 09:49.

H3yChr1s #18 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 18:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 891 battles

Before I go down the rabbit hole of submitting a ticket....

Anyone else have WoT launch in 32 bit on a 64 bit machine through the game center?  WoWarships loads like it should...  Although everything loads s.l.o.w.l.y  I think I have enough time to grab a drink and walk to the mailbox before it has completed loading the games...

At least WotBlitz hasn't been scooped into this blackhole, yet...

Chris.

Specs...
Dell 3668

Processor - Intel i7-7700 cpu @ 3.60GHz
RAM - 16Gb

System - 64Bit, x64-based processor

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

GWyatt #19 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 20:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4208 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostH3yChr1s, on Oct 25 2019 - 12:15, said:

Before I go down the rabbit hole of submitting a ticket....

Anyone else have WoT launch in 32 bit on a 64 bit machine through the game center?  WoWarships loads like it should...  Although everything loads s.l.o.w.l.y  I think I have enough time to grab a drink and walk to the mailbox before it has completed loading the games...

At least WotBlitz hasn't been scooped into this blackhole, yet...

Chris.

Specs...
Dell 3668

Processor - Intel i7-7700 cpu @ 3.60GHz
RAM - 16Gb

System - 64Bit, x64-based processor

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Read this thread as it will answer your question:  http://forum.worldof...7#entry12292757

H3yChr1s #20 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 21:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 891 battles
Thanks for the link...

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users