jagdtiger 8.8 premium tank balance buff

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Troa_Barton #1 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 09:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

For clarification I am referring to the Jagdtiger 8.8 Pak 43 Premium tank destroyer.

Yes I am aware this tank has preferential matchmaking, and I am aware of its shell cost.

This tank needs one of two things either and preferably a pen buff to both shell types, or a substantial frontal armor buff.

If this wasn't a preferential matchmaking tank I would ask for both, but in lieu of the tanks strengths one of these buffs would make it somewhat competitive.

You shouldn't be aiming at weak spots with gold in a tank destroyer and getting a 50% / 50% pen indicator... Yes the DPM is exemplary with the tank but only if you can use it. The superstructure can be bouncy but the hull is cheese and with -7 gun depression you cant hide it.

Edited by Troa_Barton, Oct 22 2019 - 09:26.

Avalon304 #2 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 09:49

Major

• Players
  • 23973 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
You dont get anymore buffs. Its already been buffed once. WG wanted to give them more substantial buffs, but everyone complained that their prefMM would have to go away... so... now you get to live with perpetually bad tanks.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 10:06

Major

• Players
  • 25155 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

It's already an E-25 at tier 8 and it's always been that way, its just bad and its meant to be bad. It was also just buffed last year so don't expect another one until *checks watch* the game will die before then. 

Whistling_Death_ #4 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 11:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 65943 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 22 2019 - 04:06, said:

It's already an E-25 at tier 8 and it's always been that way, its just bad and its meant to be bad. It was also just buffed last year so don't expect another one until *checks watch* the game will die before then. 

With all due respect, are you always so negative?  It seems every single one of your posts attempts to tear down the game in some way.  Gheesh.

Bavor #5 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 34489 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 22 2019 - 04:06, said:

Its nothing close to an E-25.  The JgTg 8.8 It doesn't have camo or mobility or speed.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 12:22

Major

• Players
  • 73587 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP per the others it got buffed semi-recently so don't expect another at least anytime soon. 

Typically they review their data and adjust tanks accordingly.  Since they've done the 88 recently I don't think it'll be on their agenda anytime soon.

Plus it's German. 

Firemoth #7 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 38359 battles

its armour is already better than the KT's and it can hulldown with confidence because everything above the hull is 250mm+ with no weakspots. its not as good as something like the skorp, but id rather drive the 88 than the AT15 or AMX48.

also, 390m VR is crazy good for a TD.

TornadoADV #8 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 12:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26273 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
It's literally the Jagdtiger a tier lower with pref mm and the fastest firing 88mm in the game. What more do you want from it? Flight? :ohmy:

_Katyusha___ #9 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 12:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17092 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
great armor, use apcr, wish to have more luck on them, but is playable, of course, as long as your team don't derp around, lol

D8W2P4 #10 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 13:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32263 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 05:43, said:

With all due respect, are you always so negative?  It seems every single one of your posts attempts to tear down the game in some way.  Gheesh.

The game earns it's ire.

WaywardChild #11 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 15:20

Captain

• Players
  • 39432 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Always thought about trying this vehicle......Weird, it's close to the only Premium Vehicle that I don't own. I keep telling myself to try it, but boy did I hate JPanther 1 and 2. Love the Tiger and E100. Always have kicked myself and said "I should have went Ferdi". Many times this thing has tortured me when Red, so seat of the pants say's "No buff needed".

An_old_slow_guy #12 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 63569 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
It's a situational tank to be sure, but it's also one of the last tanks I want to face if I'm in a partial health tier 8 tank mid match or end of match. Maybe you're just being too aggressive with it. 

Troa_Barton #13 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 12:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

View PostFiremoth, on Oct 22 2019 - 12:29, said:

its armour is already better than the KT's and it can hulldown with confidence because everything above the hull is 250mm+ with no weakspots. its not as good as something like the skorp, but id rather drive the 88 than the AT15 or AMX48.

also, 390m VR is crazy good for a TD.

(As this is the first area I am replying I want to preface that I don't wish to imply a negative tone in my responses, more happy cynic. I'm glad to see there are some replies that don't include "it's already been buffed" You would be hard pressed to find anyone that would prefer this tank over the other offerings)

Finding a spot to go hull down that isn't already occupied can be rather tough it is also quite tall, and while un-angled a surprisingly large number of tanks can still punch through, the rest will load gold. It may be thick armor but its flat, the hull is paper at best. I'll give it to you on the view range that is very nice.

View PostTornadoADV, on Oct 22 2019 - 12:36, said:

It's literally the Jagdtiger a tier lower with pref mm and the fastest firing 88mm in the game. What more do you want from it? Flight? :ohmy:

It isn't comparable to the tier 9... Its more or less the stock gun on the Ferdi which no one can say is a fine gun for its tier.
If you're asking what exactly I want 10-13 more mm of pen on each of the rounds OR better upper plate armor, but Id prefer the pen. The gold is unreliable when shooting weak points let alone the standard rounds.. Im actually going to add something to the list now that I'm thinking about it. In either event I'd like an accurate portrayal of it's claimed .30 dispersion. There seems to be another hidden stat that randomizes the dispersion pattern, the gun feels more like .35 than .30....
TBH the IX Jagdtiger doesn't have enough armor on the upper plate either for how sluggish it is, you can't be aggressive in it either unfortunately, despite the way it looks..

View Post_Katyusha___, on Oct 22 2019 - 12:44, said:

great armor, use apcr, wish to have more luck on them, but is playable, of course, as long as your team don't derp around, lol

Yeah that last part lol

View PostWaywardChild, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:20, said:

Always thought about trying this vehicle......Weird, it's close to the only Premium Vehicle that I don't own. I keep telling myself to try it, but boy did I hate JPanther 1 and 2. Love the Tiger and E100. Always have kicked myself and said "I should have went Ferdi". Many times this thing has tortured me when Red, so seat of the pants say's "No buff needed".

I invite you to put your money where your mouth is lol, who knows you might like it. It is fantastic against weakly armored targets, that don't have good guns, in an environment where it can use it's DPM from an elevated or completely hull down position. You will note how specific that is. Also don't be fooled by that accuracy, that's a German .30 so expect to fit a school buss between your shot placements.
I would also argue it to be a good tank for Frontline as a credit earner with it's low shell cost, lots of targets less likely to load gold, and to it's credit it is the only German premium TD with a 6 man crew to my knowledge. I haven't yet used it in Frontline, always preferring other TDs when I would pick one so that's not a first hand recommendation.

All that said How much did you like the stock gun on the JPII? The Pak 43 is basically that with 11mm more pen on the standard rounds, a faster fire rate and slightly better hull armor with worse superstructure armor (because its flat). I went with the Ferdi and absolutely hated every gun save the top gun. Liked that tank though once it was fully upgraded.

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:21, said:

It's a situational tank to be sure, but it's also one of the last tanks I want to face if I'm in a partial health tier 8 tank mid match or end of match. Maybe you're just being too aggressive with it. 

That's true of a lot of other DPM tanks but I would argue there are many mediums that would do a better job with the same or greater pen / DPM.
Admittedly I am far too aggressive for my own good and it's something i'm working on, that said I play this thing like a sniper most of the time. The faults I have with it are in those scenarios. My gripe with the tank is that when the stars align and your shot actually goes to the weak point you're aiming at you still need gold half the time to go through it.

General_Greg101 #14 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 01:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17561 battles
The Jagdtiger 8.8 flat out needs a bigger gun. I wouldn't get rid of the 8,8, but it should have another gun for players to choose from,  such as the 10,5 cm, or even the 12,8 cm. We can buff, and tweak the 88 as much as we want. At the end of the day it's only got 240 alpha, and 237 pen (premium pen). It's just at it's limit.

BadCorps #15 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13082 battles
It'S a PrEmIuM. It CaN't Be AlTeReD

leeuniverse #16 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 40814 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostTroa_Barton, on Oct 22 2019 - 01:25, said:

Jagdtiger 8.8 buff please!

Totally agree...  The last buff wasn't even close to being enough, nor weren't even what the tank actually needed.

It's just too dang SLOW to be able to do anything.  It needs its speeds to be massively buffed.

And unlike other slow tanks, it doesn't have the armor nor the high damage to help compensate.  (though other slow tanks still suck, can't play consistently well with them)

And no, it's not even close to like an E25.  The E25 has SPEED and Camo to compensate for its limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users