Jump to content


I had heard that this particular person was this way.


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

the_dude_76 #81 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 34320 battles
  • 5,328
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostD8W2P4, on Oct 29 2019 - 17:07, said:

 

Meanwhile you'll have to deal with the fact that WG did capitulate on arty by repeatedly nerf batting it, so you don't get everything you want. Don't like it? Then take your own advise and leave.

 

Where did I remotely imply that I have any issues with the game?? If I didn't like it I would have left because, unlike so many of the cry babies here, I'm not an idiot.

 

Block Quote

 Also you are not arbiter on thread mortality.

 

Perhaps not but I am smart enough to look and see that no one has made any on-topic posts for days...

 



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #82 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 18:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,594
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 30 2019 - 07:38, said:

 

see that no one has made any on-topic posts for days...

 

 

.....

 

 

you must be new here.  everything in this subforum goes offtopic.  nothing ever remains on topic.

heck look at the "winner is last to post" thread, that turned into politics. got banned, had to restart.

 



the_dude_76 #83 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 20:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 34320 battles
  • 5,328
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Oct 30 2019 - 11:44, said:

 

.....

 

 

you must be new here.  everything in this subforum goes offtopic.  nothing ever remains on topic.

heck look at the "winner is last to post" thread, that turned into politics. got banned, had to restart.

 

 

??? You were the one using topic derailment as an excuse to change the subject after you realized that most of what you had been saying was gibberish...



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #84 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 20:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,594
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 30 2019 - 12:38, said:

 

???Ummm, you were the one using topic derailment as an excuse to change the subject after you realized that most of what you had been saying was gibberish...

just cause we go off topic alot, doesnt mean i can't return to the topic when i find something additional to say.

your trying so hard to claim you won. but i don't see anyone cheering. or agreeing.

nor do i see anyone agreeing you won.

so, if a tree falls in a forest, and theres no one around, does it make a noise?    



the_dude_76 #85 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 22:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 34320 battles
  • 5,328
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Oct 30 2019 - 13:40, said:

just cause we go off topic alot, doesnt mean i can't return to the topic when i find something additional to say.

your trying so hard to claim you won. but i don't see anyone cheering. or agreeing.

nor do i see anyone agreeing you won.

so, if a tree falls in a forest, and theres no one around, does it make a noise?    

 

I don't think I won anything, apparently you're the only one who thinks this is some sort of competition.

 

I just pointed out facts and you chose to change the subject rather than try to refute them or admit your mistake.



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #86 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 22:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,594
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 30 2019 - 14:32, said:

 

I don't think I won anything, apparently you're the only one who thinks this is some sort of competition.

 

I just pointed out facts and you chose to change the subject rather than try to refute them or admit your mistake.

the facts?

 

dude you seem a bit confused as to how freedom of speech exists on the internet, even on platforms that each have their own ToS restrictions on said free speech.

you claim that they can remove any comment, any time, that they want.

when i prove an example that shows the opposite, you brush it off as a one time thing.

it isn't,  go look at the history of mods we've seen and go from this forum,  and the WoWS forums (and believe me, i hear enough from those forums without even being ABLE to view them)


freedom of speech exists, even inside ToS sites.

theres plenty of people in power who exploit said power to ruin it sure, but guess what.  they get in trouble for doing so.   they get reported and in time get the boot.

WoWs has had 3 of these in the time i was still able to view them.  and from friends i've heard of 2 more since.

WoT, and keep in mind i've apparently been here a shorter time than you, has had 6 i know of personally.  and probably plenty more that were dealt with quietly.

-----------

and in regards to arty, guess what? most of the game hates the old arty.  even arty players. 

we like it when its on our side,  but if not.  theres nothing that was more rage inducing.  hence WG completely changing how they work.

-----------

funny, you call us cry babies....but i havent seen anyone agree with your "points".

so it seems more like us vs you.  which implies something other than cry babies.   aka one person defending a point that everyone else dislikes.    thats not crybaby. thats one person defending a bad thing.

------------

-------------


---------

last thing, this thread is about dead judging by the activity drop. so i'm dropping out of this pointless argument and going to be active in the newer threads.

if you wish to continue trying to justify whatever it is you think your campaigning for,  send me a PM.



the_dude_76 #87 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 00:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 34320 battles
  • 5,328
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

Block Quote

 freedom of speech exists, even inside ToS sites.

 

Privately owned websites ALLOW you to post on them according to whatever rules they set, that is not "freedom". Sorry that you can't seem to understand the difference.

 

Block Quote

 when i prove an example that shows the opposite, you brush it off as a one time thing.

 

You haven't provided any examples because you're talking about something entirely different. You are talking about forum mods that break the rules and get ban happy. What you can't grasp is that the actually internet companies that the mods work for make those rules. There is no "freedom" outside of what they allow. I can walk down the street shouting out a hate filled racist rant and no one could legally stop me, THAT is freedom of speech. If I posted that same rant to Twitter or Facebook it would be deleted post haste, that is NOT freedom of speech. Surely with this extreme example you can see the obvious difference?? If you haven't actually ran away anyway...

 


Edited by the_dude_76, Oct 31 2019 - 00:21.


Rena_Dyne #88 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 15:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 9100 battles
  • 4,289
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

For once, while I in general dislike agreeing with dude. He is correct, freedom of speech does not exist on internet websites or on private property in general, businesses have every right to dictate what can, and cannot be said on their premise, as freedom of speech is only the exclusive purview of preventing the *government* from getting involved in what you can and cannot say.  This was done by our founding fathers to allow the people to speak out against a government system they do not like, or feel is corrupt, without fear of retaliation from our government. However, these laws do *not* extend to private businesses, and we've seen time and time again people being ousted for not towing the company line, or speaking their mind freely,

 

because there is no protection granted by "Freedom of Speech" in these situations, you cannot be *legally* prosecuted, no, but you can most certainly be thrown off a campus, fired, or refused a service. Wargaming mods get swapped out routinely for either not towing the company line, or abuse of power, these are not the same as "violating freedom of speech.", and given there are strict rules in place about discussing politics, the entire argument about FoS falls flat on its face, as if we were freely allowed to speak what we desire, when we desire, we would be allowed to openly discuss say, the 2020 presidential elections and its candidates, and as far as i'm aware, those are still punishable offenses on all WG websites. Or we'd be allowed to run around calling people whatever slur we want, after all, those are *Technically* protected under freedom of speech, but, I dare you to run around calling people on the forums the N word, or the F word, and see how fast that ban hammer comes swinging down on your head.

 

Now, that all being said, while it doesn't *Technically* exist, companies tend to offer a lot of lee-way and wiggle room, because when they start doing what people see as "infringing" we get, well, the blizzard situation. They technically had *every* right to do what they did, and legally, they were completely free and clear to do so {as to why congress simply sent them a letter rather than a legal notice}, however, it has absolutely tanked Blizzards reputation; in short, they can absolutely be tyrannical dictators on their websites and dictate what can be said and where if they so choose, but most businesses won't do that because of the consumer backlash that will inevitably bite them square in the spot they least want it, their bottom line.



D8W2P4 #89 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 15:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31227 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostRena_Dyne, on Nov 02 2019 - 09:16, said:

For once, while I in general dislike agreeing with dude. He is correct, freedom of speech does not exist on internet websites or on private property in general, businesses have every right to dictate what can, and cannot be said on their premise, as freedom of speech is only the exclusive purview of preventing the *government* from getting involved in what you can and cannot say.  This was done by our founding fathers to allow the people to speak out against a government system they do not like, or feel is corrupt, without fear of retaliation from our government. However, these laws do *not* extend to private businesses, and we've seen time and time again people being ousted for not towing the company line, or speaking their mind freely,

 

because there is no protection granted by "Freedom of Speech" in these situations, you cannot be *legally* prosecuted, no, but you can most certainly be thrown off a campus, fired, or refused a service. Wargaming mods get swapped out routinely for either not towing the company line, or abuse of power, these are not the same as "violating freedom of speech.", and given there are strict rules in place about discussing politics, the entire argument about FoS falls flat on its face, as if we were freely allowed to speak what we desire, when we desire, we would be allowed to openly discuss say, the 2020 presidential elections and its candidates, and as far as i'm aware, those are still punishable offenses on all WG websites. Or we'd be allowed to run around calling people whatever slur we want, after all, those are *Technically* protected under freedom of speech, but, I dare you to run around calling people on the forums the N word, or the F word, and see how fast that ban hammer comes swinging down on your head.

 

Now, that all being said, while it doesn't *Technically* exist, companies tend to offer a lot of lee-way and wiggle room, because when they start doing what people see as "infringing" we get, well, the blizzard situation. They technically had *every* right to do what they did, and legally, they were completely free and clear to do so {as to why congress simply sent them a letter rather than a legal notice}, however, it has absolutely tanked Blizzards reputation; in short, they can absolutely be tyrannical dictators on their websites and dictate what can be said and where if they so choose, but most businesses won't do that because of the consumer backlash that will inevitably bite them square in the spot they least want it, their bottom line.

 

So it's ok for a company to punish people for support of a particular candidate, law, etc. that they don't agree with in a country where the PEOPLE determine who's in power by voting for them?

You don't see the problem here?



Rena_Dyne #90 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 15:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 9100 battles
  • 4,289
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostD8W2P4, on Nov 02 2019 - 06:46, said:

 

So it's ok for a company to punish people for support of a particular candidate, law, etc. that they don't agree with in a country where the PEOPLE determine who's in power by voting for them?

You don't see the problem here?

 

I didn't say weather I see a problem or not. I said this is how it is by the way our legal system is run, and that freedom of speech does *not* protect people from companies enforcing their own rules on their own property/websites.

 

And note, I said specifically that the protection we get comes from the consumer backlash, as, again, we're seeing with *blizzard*, but legally, no, we are not protected from companies doing just that. I am using the technical and legal standards, not my personal opinion, my personal opinion doesn't mean jack and squat all when it comes to legal and technical definitions.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users