I had heard that this particular person was this way.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

RHeadshot #21 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6243 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 22 2019 - 21:43, said:

WG doesn't appreciate those after game negative PM's. They Sanction any players harassing someone after a match.

As far as a player violating the rules on Twitch it depends on what they are doing specifically.

1. Are they streaming on our channel?

2. Are they violating the game rules

3. Is the channel they are streaming on 18 plus

All of the above will require a video capture so we can investigate this further.

Please feel free to submit a ticket against for any of the above violations.

lol

Klaatu_Nicto #22 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 44055 battles

View PostWingnuttz33, on Oct 22 2019 - 12:13, said:

One of the top reasons i closed my wallet to WG.

I'm too old to get the nasty PM's telling me how they hope my "mother" dies of cancer. or what they want to do to my Mother.

And then go to youtube and a CC again attacks the Player not the game.

I also unsubbed, and closed my wallet.

Gonna go ride the Harley and work on the GTO.

Spoiler

Whistling_Death_ #23 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostBaron_Von_Cheeto, on Oct 22 2019 - 14:51, said:

I think they call that freedom of speech dude. Don’t be so sensitive dude, people hate arty get over it. 

Most players love artillery, which is why over 20,000 players quit the game on the N.A. server alone after artillery was gutted in the hated 9.18 patch.

Whistling_Death_ #24 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Oct 22 2019 - 17:42, said:

I never understood why people watch others play games anyways. This game drives a person crazy sometimes, I normally don't mind arty but getting games with 3 per side over and over sucks.

It used to be 5 per side, back when the game had over 45,000+ players logged in every night and was more fun to play than after the hated 9.18 patch that gutted artillery.

Learn to use your artillery to your advantage. Use their guns to rake in huge chunks of silver coins and XP.  Stop whining.  Learn the game.

Whistling_Death_ #25 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postbake3020, on Oct 22 2019 - 14:36, said:

I wont mention the name or the region but, I was totally shocked, and in disbelief that this person can get on Twitch, stream World of Tanks and then make the disparaging comments against people who play arty like he did.  I have been told that he has a bad habit of this but had never knew he was this vicious, until today.  I have since un-followed him in Twitch, You Tube, and all other social media.  I am surprised that War Gaming and Twitch both, do not  more closely monitor those that are representing not only Twitch but War Gaming also, when they are out there like that.   This person should be confronted by both companies and reprimanded.  However, I know it will never happen.  Have a great day guys.

I agree. I unsubscribed from WhineyBaby too.  He has changed a lot and not for the better.  The constant insults, disparaging other players and the game itself, now even using vulgar language.  There has been a huge character change.  Not my cup of tea at all.

Whistling_Death_ #26 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 00:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostWingnuttz33, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:13, said:

One of the top reasons i closed my wallet to WG.

I'm too old to get the nasty PM's telling me how they hope my "mother" dies of cancer. or what they want to do to my Mother.

And then go to youtube and a CC again attacks the Player not the game.

I also unsubbed, and closed my wallet.

Gonna go ride the Harley and work on the GTO.

If you don't report abusive, toxic behavior so W.o.T. can take action, that's not the fault of W.o.T., so don't blame W.o.T.   That's unfair and unreasonable to do that.

Always report toxic, abusive players, so they can be weeded out.  If we don't, then it's our own fault not anyone else's.

Cowcat137 #27 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 01:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 14587 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

nope

Edited by YANKEE137, Oct 23 2019 - 01:30.

Rena_Dyne #28 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 01:33

Major

• Players
  • 9186 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:33, said:

Most players love artillery, which is why over 20,000 players quit the game on the N.A. server alone after artillery was gutted in the hated 9.18 patch.

20,000 players did not quit the game over the arty nerfs, at least not in the N.A server, maybe in the RU server where such a number of players would be a drop in the bucket, or the EU server, but not N.A.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:35, said:

It used to be 5 per side, back when the game had over 45,000+ players logged in every night and was more fun to play than after the hated 9.18 patch that gutted artillery.

Learn to use your artillery to your advantage. Use their guns to rake in huge chunks of silver coins and XP.  Stop whining.  Learn the game.

It used to be upwards of *10* per side, if not more, and it was considered awful for anyone except the arty players. Also there haven't been 45,000 consecutive players logged in "every night" since 2011. From 2012 to 2014 it was around 35K nightly, with spikes up to 40K on events.  from 2015-2017 we were averaging 20-25,000, 30K on event spikes.  The only thing that was "hated" about 9.18 was the introduction of stun, everyone else was completely for the nerfs to damage,and general buffs to accuracy and reload times on most of the SPG's.

D8W2P4 #29 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 02:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32263 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 22 2019 - 15:57, said:

Yep, political drama is against the forum rules.  Which has nothing to do with a streamer on Twitch.  Though actually, free speech only applies when the government tries to curtail speech. 

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 22 2019 - 16:13, said:

100% correct !

"The First Amendment of the United States Constitution declares, "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech..."

Therefore, freedom of speech in the USA means that the government may not pass laws restricting our speech (you still cannot shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater unless there really is a potentially dangerous fire there).

So, "freedom of speech" does not apply to private enterprises such as a game forum.

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 22 2019 - 16:48, said:

Think again. There is no freedom of speech on privately owned websites...

Marsh v. Alabama ring any bells?

Now whether online companies like it or not they ARE gonna be getting a major paddling thanks to the big boys overstepping their bounds pissing off everyone, with the only question being the exact when.

Before someone wants to try and laugh it off they've been getting multiple hearings this year (wouldn't doubt more next year), and all you need are some politicians noticing people are getting mad at said companies and wanting to use that as a campaign promise to get elected/re-elected.

Also tell me what good free speech is when every internet company has some "Tiananmen square" issues that'll make em chimp out at users mentioning?

View PostHeavyMetalSix, on Oct 22 2019 - 17:43, said:

WG can't regulate what you say on other platforms.

It's like what happened with Blizzard (before they showed PRC ties) when they wanted to be able to punish people in games they controlled for saying/doing things outside of said games.

ThePigSheFlies #30 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 02:56

Major

• Players
  • 78432 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 18:42, said:

Always report toxic, abusive players, so they can be weeded out.  If we don't, then it's our own fault not anyone else's.

especially those that make up lies about how many people that quit the game after 9.18...

bake3020 #31 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 03:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 22 2019 - 20:43, said:

Was it me? Or an official CC?  Please message me the name so I can be sure to subscribe to their channel if I'm not already.  FYI - If it is me or another non-CC, then there is nothing that either Twitch nor WG can do about it.

I know that arty players can be sensitive.  There is a primary reason artillery is in the game, and then the secondary "dynamic" thing that Wargaming uses to explain its existence.  If you're a big arty fan, then just be glad that you're allowed to participate in a tank game without a tank.  Do what you do and get a tough skin to deal with the comments about your presence in battle - good or bad.  If the comments strike close to home and upset you, then you should perhaps take action - whatever action that may be: report them, switch to a tank, disregard the comments altogether, play a different game, etc.  Because I promise you that the Forums do not care about negative artillery comments.

Best of luck!

No, it wasn't you but it was a CC.  I know they have a right to their personal opinion, I get that but, that doesn't give them a right to call all arty players, when they play it themselves: POS, M/F's, and so many other derogatory comments.  Now, as to the way I see it: You are representing War Gaming and Twitch, regardless of the game title you are playing.  End of discussion and if I was a moderator on Twitch, I'd shut you down.  I bet you wont get on here and use those terms and get away with it and personally I don't think they should be allowed to do it there either as you are tarnishing the name of these two companies.  I know we all get in game, on Twitch, Discord, and many other avenues of communication and we state our opinion about many of a games mechanics and I have no problem with that at all as I am guilty of that very thing myself.  But, when you get on there and go on a tear about was done today, you need to be dealt with, end of discussion.  I did not record the session as most people do not, I have severed all ties with this person, in game, Twitch, and all other types of social/gaming media.  I will never watch that person again or have anything to do with them.  As for ever disclosing who it is, I will not as since I didn't record it, I can't back it but suffice it to say it happened and I was shocked.  I am done, I have brought this up and now my job, as far as I am concerned, it's over.    Everyone, regardless of your opinion of me, my complaint, etc, have a great one and I will catch you later on.

3020 OUT.

Rena_Dyne #32 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 9186 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View Postbake3020, on Oct 22 2019 - 18:28, said:

No, it wasn't you but it was a CC.  I know they have a right to their personal opinion, I get that but, that doesn't give them a right to call all arty players, when they play it themselves: POS, M/F's, and so many other derogatory comments.  Now, as to the way I see it: You are representing War Gaming and Twitch, regardless of the game title you are playing.  End of discussion and if I was a moderator on Twitch, I'd shut you down.  I bet you wont get on here and use those terms and get away with it and personally I don't think they should be allowed to do it there either as you are tarnishing the name of these two companies.  I know we all get in game, on Twitch, Discord, and many other avenues of communication and we state our opinion about many of a games mechanics and I have no problem with that at all as I am guilty of that very thing myself.  But, when you get on there and go on a tear about was done today, you need to be dealt with, end of discussion.  I did not record the session as most people do not, I have severed all ties with this person, in game, Twitch, and all other types of social/gaming media.  I will never watch that person again or have anything to do with them.  As for ever disclosing who it is, I will not as since I didn't record it, I can't back it but suffice it to say it happened and I was shocked.  I am done, I have brought this up and now my job, as far as I am concerned, it's over.    Everyone, regardless of your opinion of me, my complaint, etc, have a great one and I will catch you later on.

3020 OUT.

Even on the forums and in the game itself people call arty all kinds of names, the general go too is "clicker" but "Skycancer" is another super popular one. People are constantly and will constantly rag on arty in a verity of more or less insulting names. The only people representative of *TWITCH* are twitch itself, and given they seem to rather enjoy things like amaranth and their ilk, I don't think they care what people think of them at this point, and neither does WG seem to care all that much, either.

their stream could very well still be up on their twitch channel as twitch automatically saves videos of the latest stream unless they set it to not do so or just manually delete it.

HOTA_CHATON #33 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 04:58

Major

• Players
  • 13761 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
I find this whole affair interesting, to say the least.  I guess I'm not reading what a lot of you guys claim you are.  3020 is not saying they don't have a free right to their opinion and I do agree, him/her does have that right, at least here, in the US.  What I am reading is this person must have gone completely overboard as did say some of the CC's with what was said during all that jazz about OP tanks and such and several CC's resigned over it, once the dust and smoke had settled.  Either way, I agree, they have a right to their opinions but War Gaming and Twitch may actually need to take a hard look at people who are quote, unquote representing them on such venues as Twitch.  I mean technically, they are, when it's all said and done.  They are ambassadors for their respective games, clans, etc.  But your mileage may vary.  I will only add that OP did the right thing by distancing themselves from this other person, if they feel the offense was severe enough, and they at least did not name and shame.  Now, what comes out of this?  But it still would might be nice to know who it was. 

__WarChild__ #34 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 07:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 34058 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 17:37, said:

I agree. I unsubscribed from WhineyBaby too.  He has changed a lot and not for the better.  The constant insults, disparaging other players and the game itself, now even using vulgar language.  There has been a huge character change.  Not my cup of tea at all.

I take back my words if it was QuickyBaby.  I don't care for him at all. He only cares about himself and the EU server.  He's got incredibly thin skin and bans people for the silliest of reasons on his Twitch channel.  When he comes to the US, he doesn't care about any of our streamers or what is going on in the NA.  And now he's spending more time in World of Warcraft trying to build a bigger audience and once he gets that from there, he'll leave WG behind - I promise you.

View Postbake3020, on Oct 22 2019 - 20:28, said:

3020 OUT.

Fair enough.  Good luck man!

Whistling_Death_ #35 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 10:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 23 2019 - 01:04, said:

I take back my words if it was QuickyBaby.  I don't care for him at all. He only cares about himself and the EU server.  He's got incredibly thin skin and bans people for the silliest of reasons on his Twitch channel.  When he comes to the US, he doesn't care about any of our streamers or what is going on in the NA.  And now he's spending more time in World of Warcraft trying to build a bigger audience and once he gets that from there, he'll leave WG behind - I promise you.

Agreed. WhineyBaby has dramatically changed from about a year ago or so.  He used to be entertaining, was well spoken, didn't use vulgar, distrespectful language, had very good technical videos, did battle review recordings of great battles people would send to him, tank evaluations, gameplay, etc.  Now as of late, there is precious little of that anymore and he bashes the game, whines, complains and like you mentioned, bans people from his Twitch channel for absurd reasons.  He has gotten too big for his britches.  The arrogance is revolting.  He even talks about drinking now, totally not respecting the underage viewers he has and proving a very bad influence for those kids.  That is not cool at all.  Because of World of Tanks, he has made a very lucrative income with his YouTube and Twitch channels, has bought a nice home, paid off his college debts, put his wife through college and even met her because of W.o.T., but he shows very little to no appreciation of that and instead constantly whines about the game.  That's not entertaining to watch, so I unsubscribed from WhineyBaby.   I have no idea what in his life has made him change so dramatically, but it's sad to see.  I think you're correct; he cares about himself and that's it.

gospodar_muva #36 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 10:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 408 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 23 2019 - 11:31, said:

Agreed. WhineyBaby has dramatically changed from about a year ago or so.  He used to be entertaining, was well spoken, didn't use vulgar, distrespectful language, had very good technical videos, did battle review recordings of great battles people would send to him, tank evaluations, gameplay, etc.  Now as of late, there is precious little of that anymore and he bashes the game, whines, complains and like you mentioned, bans people from his Twitch channel for absurd reasons.  He has gotten too big for his britches.  The arrogance is revolting.  He even talks about drinking now, totally not respecting the underage viewers he has and proving a very bad influence for those kids.  That is not cool at all.  Because of World of Tanks, he has made a very lucrative income with his YouTube and Twitch channels, has bought a nice home, paid off his college debts, put his wife through college and even met her because of W.o.T., but he shows very little to no appreciation of that and instead constantly whines about the game.  That's not entertaining to watch, so I unsubscribed from WhineyBaby.   I have no idea what in his life has made him change so dramatically, but it's sad to see.  I think you're correct; he cares about himself and that's it.

There's a saying in my old homeland and it goes "Pare ljude kvare". 

Pare = slang for money
ljudi = people
kvariti = to make something bad, to break something

Essentially, money spoils people. 

Edited by gospodar_muva, Oct 23 2019 - 10:45.

Whistling_Death_ #37 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 10:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 65905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 23 2019 - 04:44, said:

There's a saying in my old homeland and it goes "Pare ljude kvare". 

Pare = slang for money
ljudi = people
kvariti = to make something bad, to break something

Essentially, money spoils people. 

Agreed, if they allow it to, if they don't stay grounded and realize what's really important in life or not.

I saw this first hand when I was a kid growing up in a very wealthy community, (my family was not financially wealthy).  The worshiping of money, greed, is just revolting.  I tell people, "The one who dies with the most toys is still dead".  Getting a job, buying material items to collect, paying bills, then retiring to essentially wait to die is not what life is all about. No, there's a lot more to it than that.

gospodar_muva #38 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 13:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 408 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 23 2019 - 11:59, said:

I saw this first hand when I was a kid growing up in a very wealthy community, (my family was not financially wealthy).  The worshiping of money, greed, is just revolting.  I tell people, "The one who dies with the most toys is still dead".  Getting a job, buying material items to collect, paying bills, then retiring to essentially wait to die is not what life is all about. No, there's a lot more to it than that.

Yeah, I've seen it too. And now, those who were the worst of them all are either dead or in some deep deep troubles (debt because of careless purchases, drugs, deranged family memberes, etc).

True, very true. There's more to it than money and material things. 

Cowcat137 #39 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 14:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 14587 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Ban Warchild. He's to blame for everything. I saw him do it.

the_dude_76 #40 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostD8W2P4, on Oct 22 2019 - 19:48, said:

Marsh v. Alabama ring any bells?

Now whether online companies like it or not they ARE gonna be getting a major paddling thanks to the big boys overstepping their bounds pissing off everyone, with the only question being the exact when.

The First Amendment does not in any way apply to private entitles. Nor would the Marshall v Alabama precedent void contracts that are agreed upon in advance. You agree to the ToS when you decide to participate in such activities...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users