Jump to content


I had heard that this particular person was this way.


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Wingnuttz33 #41 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 17:25

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22560 battles
  • 276
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

I think i can go out on a limb here and say those heavy players at the start of the game TK'ing those lights was a reason

why friendly shooting is no longer in the game. ( insert eye roll here)

 

So you don't like arty in WOT, so personally attack the player. Be abusive in chat and PM's.

That is the problem.



HOTA_CHATON #42 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 18:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 13751 battles
  • 15,100
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 22 2019 - 17:33, said:

 

Most players love artillery, which is why over 20,000 players quit the game on the N.A. server alone after artillery was gutted in the hated 9.18 patch.


Me, I love arty and have decided, due to all the negative publicity it  has received of late, to invest heavily in it and go up the US, Russian, French, and German lines all at once.  I have made it to Tier 6 in all but the Russian, I am at Tier 7.  I hope that I will have at least 2 viable Frontline arty for the next Frontlines next month, just for giggles and grins as I have never tried that out.



D8W2P4 #43 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 21:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32263 battles
  • 630
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 23 2019 - 10:08, said:

 

The First Amendment does not in any way apply to private entitles. Nor would the Marshall v Alabama precedent void contracts that are agreed upon in advance. You agree to the ToS when you decide to participate in such activities...

ToS can and have been thrown out for less, especially if it violates a constitutional issue.



FrontenacDuVandoo #44 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 22:44

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17955 battles
  • 1,176
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Oct 22 2019 - 17:42, said:

 

I never understood why people watch others play games anyways.

People like to watch the games they enjoy being played by people of very high skill. That's why professional sports is a thing.

The main difference between TV sports and videogame steaming is that you can get the commentary from the player rather than a 3rd party.

And sometimes the commentary is so good that you don't care about the skills of the player.



tod914 #45 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 00:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 65456 battles
  • 6,947
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Oct 23 2019 - 08:01, said:

Ban Warchild. He's to blame for everything. I saw him do it.

 

You'll need to generate a ban code first.



Da_Craw #46 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 18:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28082 battles
  • 3,327
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Oct 23 2019 - 15:44, said:

People like to watch the games they enjoy being played by people of very high skill. That's why professional sports is a thing.

The main difference between TV sports and videogame steaming is that you can get the commentary from the player rather than a 3rd party.

And sometimes the commentary is so good that you don't care about the skills of the player.

Yes, my 11 year old zinged me when I asked him why he spent so much time watching videos of other people playing Overwatch: "Well, Dad, why do you spend so much time watching other people play football?"



Klaatu_Nicto #47 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 44051 battles
  • 10,923
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostDa_Craw, on Oct 24 2019 - 09:03, said:

Yes, my 11 year old zinged me when I asked him why he spent so much time watching videos of other people playing Overwatch: "Well, Dad, why do you spend so much time watching other people play football?"

 

:D

 

Give your 11 year old a thumbs up from me. :great:



_Resolute14_ #48 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:08

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14085 battles
  • 264
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 23 2019 - 10:44, said:

 

There's a saying in my old homeland and it goes "Pare ljude kvare". 

 

Would you like to buy a vowel?



RHeadshot #49 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:45

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6198 battles
  • 1,283
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 23 2019 - 00:42, said:

 

If you don't report abusive, toxic behavior so W.o.T. can take action, that's not the fault of W.o.T., so don't blame W.o.T.   That's unfair and unreasonable to do that.

 

Always report toxic, abusive players, so they can be weeded out.  If we don't, then it's our own fault not anyone else's.

And yet they don't do much, if anything, when you do.  IF they actually enforced the rules, this crap would have been drastically reduced.



RHeadshot #50 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:49

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6198 battles
  • 1,283
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View Postbake3020, on Oct 23 2019 - 03:28, said:


No, it wasn't you but it was a CC.  I know they have a right to their personal opinion, I get that but, that doesn't give them a right to call all arty players, when they play it themselves: POS, M/F's, and so many other derogatory comments.  Now, as to the way I see it: You are representing War Gaming and Twitch, regardless of the game title you are playing.  End of discussion and if I was a moderator on Twitch, I'd shut you down.  I bet you wont get on here and use those terms and get away with it and personally I don't think they should be allowed to do it there either as you are tarnishing the name of these two companies.  I know we all get in game, on Twitch, Discord, and many other avenues of communication and we state our opinion about many of a games mechanics and I have no problem with that at all as I am guilty of that very thing myself.  But, when you get on there and go on a tear about was done today, you need to be dealt with, end of discussion.  I did not record the session as most people do not, I have severed all ties with this person, in game, Twitch, and all other types of social/gaming media.  I will never watch that person again or have anything to do with them.  As for ever disclosing who it is, I will not as since I didn't record it, I can't back it but suffice it to say it happened and I was shocked.  I am done, I have brought this up and now my job, as far as I am concerned, it's over.    Everyone, regardless of your opinion of me, my complaint, etc, have a great one and I will catch you later on.

3020 OUT.

Sure they have a right to say that.  Whether the company chooses to discipline them is another issue, but the great thing about this country is they still have the right to say it.  It may be classless and childish and cowardly to do while hiding behind a computer, but you claiming they don't have a right to say it is FAR WORSE than them saying it.



Helpless #51 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5970 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 23 2019 - 09:31, said:

 

Agreed. WhineyBaby has dramatically changed from about a year ago or so.  He used to be entertaining, was well spoken, didn't use vulgar, distrespectful language, had very good technical videos, did battle review recordings of great battles people would send to him, tank evaluations, gameplay, etc.  Now as of late, there is precious little of that anymore and he bashes the game, whines, complains and like you mentioned, bans people from his Twitch channel for absurd reasons.  He has gotten too big for his britches.  The arrogance is revolting.  He even talks about drinking now, totally not respecting the underage viewers he has and proving a very bad influence for those kids.  That is not cool at all.  Because of World of Tanks, he has made a very lucrative income with his YouTube and Twitch channels, has bought a nice home, paid off his college debts, put his wife through college and even met her because of W.o.T., but he shows very little to no appreciation of that and instead constantly whines about the game.  That's not entertaining to watch, so I unsubscribed from WhineyBaby.   I have no idea what in his life has made him change so dramatically, but it's sad to see.  I think you're correct; he cares about himself and that's it.

he got married.....



the_dude_76 #52 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 15:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 34339 battles
  • 5,460
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostD8W2P4, on Oct 23 2019 - 14:58, said:

ToS can and have been thrown out for less, especially if it violates a constitutional issue.

 

Except it does NOT violate any Constitutional issues!! The Bill of Rights is a list of things that the GOVERNMENT can't do. It does not in any way, shape, or form apply to any website owned and operated by private entities! This is something everyone should have learned when they were still in high school...



D8W2P4 #53 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 23:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32263 battles
  • 630
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 25 2019 - 09:32, said:

 

Except it does NOT violate any Constitutional issues!! The Bill of Rights is a list of things that the GOVERNMENT can't do. It does not in any way, shape, or form apply to any website owned and operated by private entities! This is something everyone should have learned when they were still in high school...

Meanwhile in the real world that same document says It's illegal to discriminate people for things like race, religion, sex, etc. and will get you in trouble for doing discriminatory things against citizens even if you aren't in government.



Whistling_Death_ #54 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 00:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 65794 battles
  • 2,856
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 23 2019 - 07:11, said:

 

Yeah, I've seen it too. And now, those who were the worst of them all are either dead or in some deep deep troubles (debt because of careless purchases, drugs, deranged family memberes, etc).

 

True, very true. There's more to it than money and material things. 

 

Yes, I've seen it too.  It's sad what money and greed can do to people, warping their very souls and reason for existing.

 

I grew up in a very wealthy town, Westport, Connectricut.  It's mega-rich territory.  There was a kid who was brought to high school every day in a limousine.  The actress Linda Blair sat next to me in homeroom class.  Paul Newman lived in Westport and his son's went to my high school.  One of them died of alcohol poisoning at an underage drinking party.  No amount of money could buy that life back.  One time, a kid thought it would be, "fun", to kick out a large plate glass window at the school, so he wound up his karate kick, kicked the glass and shattered it.  At that very moment, the Principal of the school came around the corner and saw this kid kick out the window.  He grabbed the kid by the scruff of the neck, said he was going to call the police, have the kid arrested and expelled.  Well within the hour the father of this punk kid comes to the school in his brand new BMW, 3-piece suit, leather attache case, (probably stuffed with money to play off his son's bad behavior), and suddenly the Principal didn't expel this kid and the police were not called.  Things like this happened fairly frequently.  Children raised like this turn into absolute pigs when they become adults, expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter and they literally worship money.  Money becomes their God.  What a sad, tragic existence, that money is what defines them.

 

Years back, when like most people I thought I had some pretty bad problems in life, (bills, etc.), and I was laying awake late at night, unable to sleep.  But suddenly I realized it was 10 deg. F. outside, here I was laying in a nice warm, soft bed, in a warm home, food in the refrigerator, lots of clothes in my chest of drawers, while there were millions of people in the world who didn't have a roof over their head, clean clothes to wear and food in their stomachs.  I think God gave me this to make me realize how blessed I was and to be thankful for what I had.  When we take stock of our lives like this and be thankful for what we have, it changes everything and your worst day doesn't seem so bad anymore.  :)



Whistling_Death_ #55 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 00:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 65794 battles
  • 2,856
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostRHeadshot, on Oct 24 2019 - 17:45, said:

And yet they don't do much, if anything, when you do.  IF they actually enforced the rules, this crap would have been drastically reduced.

 

Oh they do, as I report abusive, toxic players, i.e. physics abuse, ramming, blocking, etc., and W.o.T. does indeed take action.



Whistling_Death_ #56 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 00:18

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 65794 battles
  • 2,856
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Oct 23 2019 - 12:54, said:


Me, I love arty and have decided, due to all the negative publicity it  has received of late, to invest heavily in it and go up the US, Russian, French, and German lines all at once.  I have made it to Tier 6 in all but the Russian, I am at Tier 7.  I hope that I will have at least 2 viable Frontline arty for the next Frontlines next month, just for giggles and grins as I have never tried that out.

 

Frontline is about raking in silver coins/credits and XP.  Use Premium tanks in Frontline and you'll make out like a banding.

 

So you can see how insanely profitable Frontline battles can be, I totaled up my results from yesterday. I'm not great Frontline player, quite average, so the below results are very indicative of what you can do as well! :) They key is to use only Premium tanks combined with Personal Reserve boosters for silver coins/credits, XP and Free XP running as well.

 

9 Frontline battles = + net 1,358,881 silver coins. Added to Reserve Stock = + net 197,959.  Total = + net 1,556,840 silver coins. Average Per battle = + net 172,982 silver coins.  Added Frontline bonuses = + net 670,000 silver coins. Total Frontline silver coins earned = + net 2,226,840 divided by 9 battles = + net 247,427 per battle. Personal Reserve boosters won = +100% XP X5. +50% silver/credits X5. + 30 Directives. Bonds won = +250. Gold coins won = +200 Consumables won = + 18



Whistling_Death_ #57 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 00:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 65794 battles
  • 2,856
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostWingnuttz33, on Oct 23 2019 - 11:25, said:

I think i can go out on a limb here and say those heavy players at the start of the game TK'ing those lights was a reason

why friendly shooting is no longer in the game. ( insert eye roll here)

 

So you don't like arty in WOT, so personally attack the player. Be abusive in chat and PM's.

That is the problem.



Well said!  :great:



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #58 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 15:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,596
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postbake3020, on Oct 22 2019 - 12:36, said:

I wont mention the name or the region but, I was totally shocked, and in disbelief that this person can get on Twitch, stream World of Tanks and then make the disparaging comments against people who play arty like he did.  I have been told that he has a bad habit of this but had never knew he was this vicious, until today.  I have since un-followed him in Twitch, You Tube, and all other social media.  I am surprised that War Gaming and Twitch both, do not  more closely monitor those that are representing not only Twitch but War Gaming also, when they are out there like that.   This person should be confronted by both companies and reprimanded.  However, I know it will never happen.  Have a great day guys.

 

 

1. Freedom of Speech
2. not everyone is thin skinned
3. screw arty has been a game motto for YEARS.   players have a deep seated hatred of arty players.   

4. Welcome to the internet, where people are free to speak their uncensored mind.   are you new here?  if so, heres an introduction to the internet

 

 

people are rude on the internet, thats normal.  people over exaggerate. etc  ever seen what CoD kids say about your mom?

unless they've actually put in a legitimate threat (and on the internet, that requires quite a bit more than just saying it in real life) then its just par for the coarse. specially in competitive games like WoT, DOTA, League, CoD, etc etc

 

 

edit: now that i think about it. if WG actually cared about monitoring their self image. they would have banned that website that lists people's names for "hacking".  the joke is, none of hte people listed there hack, its just some baddie who got mad about losing and descided anyone who beats him must be hacking.  Tsavo had some trouble with the site if i recall, it apparently awoxed.



muzzyman1 #59 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 16:16

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16755 battles
  • 22
  • [-PPC-] -PPC-
  • Member since:
    01-28-2015
I agree harvester, I play arty sometimes and still think it should only have 2 arty per side, 3 makes it a lot less fun, just ask a tog!

D8W2P4 #60 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 00:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32263 battles
  • 630
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Oct 26 2019 - 09:36, said:

1. Freedom of Speech
2. not everyone is thin skinned
3. screw arty has been a game motto for YEARS.   players have a deep seated hatred of arty players.   

4. Welcome to the internet, where people are free to speak their uncensored mind.   are you new here?  if so, heres an introduction to the internet

 

 

people are rude on the internet, thats normal.  people over exaggerate. etc  ever seen what CoD kids say about your mom?

unless they've actually put in a legitimate threat (and on the internet, that requires quite a bit more than just saying it in real life) then its just par for the coarse. specially in competitive games like WoT, DOTA, League, CoD, etc etc

 

 

edit: now that i think about it. if WG actually cared about monitoring their self image. they would have banned that website that lists people's names for "hacking".  the joke is, none of hte people listed there hack, its just some baddie who got mad about losing and descided anyone who beats him must be hacking.  Tsavo had some trouble with the site if i recall, it apparently awoxed.

 

And in all honesty the honesty of how people really feel about others is quite refreshing, I'm tired of the "civilized" BS and I've been on this Earth for only a little over a quarter century.






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users