Wargaming.... It's been long enough... Please FIX the SERVER RETICLE...!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

It lags, which causes us to miss shots is unwieldy etc.,... and always has.  So you've had an utterly USELESS feature in this game forever forcing us to use mods instead, and STILL, haven't fixed it!

However, the "mod" versions have NEVER had this problem.  I don't know the reason, they just don't.

XVM for some reason never added the Server Reticle even though they added other sight features.

I want to start using the Server Reticle again, and I don't like PMOD's million files having to edit or save to use it.

Anyway, yet another thing you all don't fix that's been needing to be fixed FOREVER...

ArmorStorm #2 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 03:28

Major

• Players
  • 37736 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

IIRC, the WoT server reticle is the actual position without any smoothing so it will absolutely be laggy, just reflecting ping and packet loss.  

Working as intended I guess, but not pretty.

leeuniverse #3 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 04:05

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 22 2019 - 19:28, said:

IIRC, the WoT server reticle is the actual position without any smoothing so it will absolutely be laggy, just reflecting ping and packet loss.  

Working as intended I guess, but not pretty.

LOL...  No, the "mods" which activate the Server Reticle don't have that problem, so clearly it's the usual poor quality work by Wargaming, and it needs to be fixed.

A person shouldn't have to use a mod to do most of what a person needs the game to do.

At one point when I stopped using sight mods, I would make invisible the Client Reticle and would just go by the Server Reticle with the mod, and that problem wasn't there.

Maybe you want to call it "smoothing" I don't know, but it was clearly the Server Reticle, thus the game's version is clearly defective.

This company has terrible quality control.

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 04:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 13335 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 23 2019 - 00:05, said:

LOL...  No, the "mods" which activate the Server Reticle don't have that problem, so clearly it's the usual poor quality work by Wargaming, and it needs to be fixed.

A person shouldn't have to use a mod to do most of what a person needs the game to do.

At one point when I stopped using sight mods, I would make invisible the Client Reticle and would just go by the Server Reticle with the mod, and that problem wasn't there.

Maybe you want to call it "smoothing" I don't know, but it was clearly the Server Reticle, thus the game's version is clearly defective.

This company has terrible quality control.

Have you considered that its the mods that are the issue? Maybe they have smoothing built in to make it less nauseating? Because there is a mod that jerks around... Server turret by spoter. 

waikin_alter #5 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 06:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14024 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
I use awfultankers server reticle, its great

alphadogg64 #6 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 06:36

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles
At least you aren't complaining about some made-up physics nerf for once.

leeuniverse #7 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 22 2019 - 22:36, said:

At least you aren't complaining about some made-up physics nerf for once.

LOL, the physics and 2 gun nerfs aren't "made up"...

When Wargaming implemented the new physics 3 whatever years ago, it slowed down all tanks of the game.

I know this because 80% of my garage became crap overnight, and the ones that weren't made crap, were made just more crap.

I further know it because I wasn't the only one who noticed it.  Just because most people don't talk about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Just like I was essentially the only one for a LONG TIME to complain about the "Horizon Dropping Reticle" issue that started with update 0.8.11 the moment that update came out.  But it's REAL, isn't it?

Did you even notice it?  How long did it take you to notice it?  My being more sensitive in noticing little things doesn't mean they are "made up".

Let me give you just ONE example... Ever wonder why people don't play the AMX 50 100 anymore, especially for competition?

Let me clue you in...  It was the Physics Nerf.  There were no "official" nerfs that occurred to the tank.  But IMMEDIATELY after the Physics Nerf, nobody played it anymore.

Ya, the physics nerf was so "made up".... LOL

siberian_HEAT #8 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 23:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 30688 battles

I want them to fix the BS when you aim above a ridge. Put invisible walls around the entire map if you have to, but there shouldn't be the huge bounce when your aiming reticle doesn't have earth behind it.

I also want them to fix when you aim in arty mode right at the edge of the map. You can't properly account for slope on hills because you can't drag the reticle over the boundary line.

I also want a golden toilet.

We'll see which one I get first. ;)

alphadogg64 #9 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 04:55

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 23 2019 - 16:21, said:

LOL, the physics and 2 gun nerfs aren't "made up"...

When Wargaming implemented the new physics 3 whatever years ago, it slowed down all tanks of the game.

I know this because 80% of my garage became crap overnight, and the ones that weren't made crap, were made just more crap.

I further know it because I wasn't the only one who noticed it.  Just because most people don't talk about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Just like I was essentially the only one for a LONG TIME to complain about the "Horizon Dropping Reticle" issue that started with update 0.8.11 the moment that update came out.  But it's REAL, isn't it?

Did you even notice it?  How long did it take you to notice it?  My being more sensitive in noticing little things doesn't mean they are "made up".

Let me give you just ONE example... Ever wonder why people don't play the AMX 50 100 anymore, especially for competition?

Let me clue you in...  It was the Physics Nerf.  There were no "official" nerfs that occurred to the tank.  But IMMEDIATELY after the Physics Nerf, nobody played it anymore.

Ya, the physics nerf was so "made up".... LOL

It was the magical physics nerf that only you know about, yeah right. Because you have a functioning brain :facepalm:

Tin foil hat.

leeuniverse #10 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 23 2019 - 20:55, said:

It was the magical physics nerf that only you know about, yeah right. Because you have a functioning brain :facepalm:

Tin foil hat.

You need to learn to read...  "I" am NOT the "only one" to know about it.

Like with the Horizon Reticle Dropping/Bouncing issue, I'm just the only one to generally complain about it since the moment the problem started.

Talk about "functioning brain".  :facepalm:

BadCorps #11 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13068 battles
Still don't know that the server reticule is but okay. Never downloaded any of the mods because I wasn't sure what it was

leeuniverse #12 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostBadCorps, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:14, said:

Still don't know that the server reticule is but okay. Never downloaded any of the mods because I wasn't sure what it was

The Server Reticle is an option in Game Settings.

However, if you select it, you'll have massive lag with your aiming reticle and it will make aiming/shooting accurately impossible (which is ironic since that's the point of using a server reticle, to be more accurate).

However, with the MOD versions of the Server Reticle, you actually have "two reticles", the Clients, and then another which is actually the Servers.

Having the Server reticle allows you to know where your reticle actually is, whereas if you just use the default client reticle, it's not always synced with where your reticle is.

In other words, using the Server Reticle can allow you to be more accurate in your shots.  At one point in my past server reticle usage when I stopped using "site mods", just using the client default reticle, I would also so I wasn't looking at two reticles when using the server reticle mod, I would make "invisible" the client reticle, and then I would just only see the server reticle.

The problem is, the games default Server Reticle is defective due to the lag issue.

I want Wargaming to finally fix it, rather than having to use a mod to get a proper working one.

BadCorps #13 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13068 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 24 2019 - 13:24, said:

The Server Reticle is an option in Game Settings.

However, if you select it, you'll have massive lag with your aiming reticle and it will make aiming/shooting accurately impossible (which is ironic since that's the point of using a server reticle, to be more accurate).

However, with the MOD versions of the Server Reticle, you actually have "two reticles", the Clients, and then another which is actually the Servers.

Having the Server reticle allows you to know where your reticle actually is, whereas if you just use the default client reticle, it's not always synced with where your reticle is.

In other words, using the Server Reticle can allow you to be more accurate in your shots.

The problem is, the games default Server Reticle is defective due to the lag issue.

I want Wargaming to finally fix it, rather than having to use a mod to get a proper working one.

Sounds like the issue could be solved by... unchecking the server reticule?

leeuniverse #14 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 40760 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostBadCorps, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:27, said:

Sounds like the issue could be solved by... unchecking the server reticule?

LOL...  Yes, but that means you're using the client recticle only, which means you likely won't be as "accurate" because the client reticle is faster than the servers.

Like I said, the point of using the server reticle, is so you can know where the server reticle actually is, making you more accurate.

The Mod versions work properly having no lag, the games one doesn't, having lag.

BadCorps #15 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13068 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 24 2019 - 13:31, said:

LOL...  Yes, but that means you're using the client recticle only, which means you likely won't be as "accurate" because the client reticle is faster than the servers.

Like I said, the point of using the server reticle, is so you can know where the server reticle actually is, making you more accurate.

The Mod versions work properly having no lag, the games one doesn't, having lag.

I'm sure Russian Number Jesus will damn your shots either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users