Issues with the game center

16 replies to this topic

samstar11 #1 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 23:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 8465 battles

I haven't played for over a week or so and just tried to launch WOT. I get a message saying that I have to install this new ''wargaming.net game center'' in order to launch any games (I don't know what was wrong with the old system - but that's for another topic. Nor has this message popped up before - it just came out of nowhere a few days ago - yet the forums seem to full of issues dating back months, if not years ?).

When I try to install the game center, I keep getting a pop-up box saying "your operating system is not supported by the wargaming.net games center''

? What ?  It's Win7 (64) - why would that not be supported?

So I think - OK I'll submit a ticket. But the WOT support system won't allow me to send a technical support ticket either. THAT keeps asking for a file to be uploaded. I cannot submit a ticket WITHOUT attaching some file.I tried the dxdiag (or whatever it's called) and that doesn't work either - it won't start up (the link takes me to a redundant page). So I can't send in a support ticket either. I have to say, what a ridiculous support system it is.

How do I get support ? And how do I get this 'game center' installation issue resolved?

Edited by samstar11, Oct 23 2019 - 23:22.

tod914 #2 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 64960 battles

I'm  running Windows 7 with 64 bit.  The 32 bit launcher works with no issues.  The 64 bit gave me an error message saying I was missing a file.  When I clicked the wot login, it started the game.  If it crashes with 64, I'll just run it in 32.

When was the last time you did a Windows update?

Edited by tod914, Oct 23 2019 - 23:36.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Oct 23 2019 - 23:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

You need to supply a wgcheck file. Which is explained in the ticket system. Download it, run it, then upload the created file.

As for not supporting Win7, im assuming you dont have SP2. Which is kinda required. So update your OS. (This could also just be a bug with WGC, but not one ive encountered).

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 73227 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wgc/category/18375/

samstar11 #5 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 00:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 8465 battles

View Posttod914, on Oct 23 2019 - 22:36, said:

I'm  running Windows 7 with 64 bit.  The 32 bit launcher works with no issues.  The 64 bit gave me an error message saying I was missing a file.  When I clicked the wot login, it started the game.  If it crashes with 64, I'll just run it in 32.

When was the last time you did a Windows update?

Win all up to date. No issues there.

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Oct 23 2019 - 22:56, said:

You need to supply a wgcheck file. Which is explained in the ticket system. Download it, run it, then upload the created file.

As for not supporting Win7, im assuming you dont have SP2. Which is kinda required. So update your OS. (This could also just be a bug with WGC, but not one ive encountered).

In order to get the file, I have to get into the wargaming system which I can't do because it won't load. Catch 22.

I have SP1 - will try to 'upgrade' to SP2. Thanks for the tip

samstar11 #6 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 00:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 8465 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 23 2019 - 23:04, said:

Will try these. Thanks.

Ndtm #7 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 01:30

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Oct 23 2019 - 23:56, said:

There is no Service Pack 2 for Windows 7..  :hiding:

bad_73 #8 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 01:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1547 battles

View Postsamstar11, on Oct 23 2019 - 23:20, said:

I haven't played for over a week or so and just tried to launch WOT. I get a message saying that I have to install this new ''wargaming.net game center'' in order to launch any games (I don't know what was wrong with the old system - but that's for another topic. Nor has this message popped up before - it just came out of nowhere a few days ago - yet the forums seem to full of issues dating back months, if not years ?).

When I try to install the game center, I keep getting a pop-up box saying "your operating system is not supported by the wargaming.net games center''

? What ?  It's Win7 (64) - why would that not be supported?

So I think - OK I'll submit a ticket. But the WOT support system won't allow me to send a technical support ticket either. THAT keeps asking for a file to be uploaded. I cannot submit a ticket WITHOUT attaching some file.I tried the dxdiag (or whatever it's called) and that doesn't work either - it won't start up (the link takes me to a redundant page). So I can't send in a support ticket either. I have to say, what a ridiculous support system it is.

How do I get support ? And how do I get this 'game center' installation issue resolved?

I do a work around for support by picking the option thats easier and telling them their support system sucks and couldnt get  the right subject so here I am, and go from there.

Whistling_Death_ #9 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 02:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 65372 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

samstar11 - You can just attach any file you wish to be able to submit the ticket.  That's what I did.

Alternatively, you can submit a ticket to the, "Feedback and Suggestions", area and that does not require a file to be uploaded.

W.o.T. Customer Service → https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/help/

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Oct 24 2019 - 02:32.

Sparkster23 #10 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 03:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27529 battles
  • [SPK] SPK

I might be stating the obvious but did you try a simple uninstall/ reinstall ?

Also Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, as long as you have a valid key for Windows 7 or 8.1

Edited by Sparkster23, Oct 24 2019 - 03:44.

tomcat727 #11 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 05:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 45551 battles

View PostSparkster23, on Oct 23 2019 - 21:36, said:

I might be stating the obvious but did you try a simple uninstall/ reinstall ?

Also Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, as long as you have a valid key for Windows 7 or 8.1

the tin foil hat people absolutely refuse to go windows 10!!:trollface:

Rommelman1 #12 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 00:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24479 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS
Launcher is broken...just like the rest of the game....now "my tickets" is broken as well , im guessing the system is over loaded with tickets

Whistling_Death_ #13 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 00:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 65372 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

My W.o.T. Gaming Center is taking up to 50% of my computer's available memory and as much as just over 70% of available CPU resources.  My computer is only 4 years old and there are many others with computers far older than that who are having much worse issues.

Wargaming, you need to enable the old W.o.T. game launcher for the many people in this category.  Ramming this Game Center down their throats whether they like it or not is not wise.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Oct 28 2019 - 01:10.

Whistling_Death_ #14 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 01:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 65372 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

TIP - With the new Wargaming.net Center used to log into the game, it can take up quite a bit of CPU and memory resources for your computer, slowing your computer and the game down, causing lag, etc. To fix this, after you click, “Play”, though, Game Center is no longer needed and you can close all the Wargaming.net Game Center processes. running in the background via your Task Manager, to free up CPU and memory. This will take you to the old game launcher to log into the game and you'll have less lag and better ping. To get to your Task Manager, right click along the bottom of your computer screen and then, “Task Manager”. Lower left, click on, “More Details”. Upper left click on, “Processes”, and then right click on any listed processes having anything to do with Game Center and then click, “End”. Now you will be taken back to the old game launcher and be able to log in quickly with far less CPU and memory usage, with a better, faster running game. :) Note; 4TankersandDog posted a video with how to bypass the Game Center entirely, but doing this we then also bypass the News page that announces new missions, specials and the very valuable codes that we need for various prizes, etc.

dorgedogg #15 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 14:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 43423 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS
Before wgnc my game would crash once every couple months, no problem.  Now it is 2 or more crashes every session.  I run win10 on a two year old quad processor, not my issue.  The problem is with wgnc.  Get rid of this bloated spyware piece of crap!!!

dorgedogg #16 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 00:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 43423 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 28 2019 - 00:09, said:

TIP - With the new Wargaming.net Center used to log into the game, it can take up quite a bit of CPU and memory resources for your computer, slowing your computer and the game down, causing lag, etc. To fix this, after you click, “Play”, though, Game Center is no longer needed and you can close all the Wargaming.net Game Center processes. running in the background via your Task Manager, to free up CPU and memory. This will take you to the old game launcher to log into the game and you'll have less lag and better ping. To get to your Task Manager, right click along the bottom of your computer screen and then, “Task Manager”. Lower left, click on, “More Details”. Upper left click on, “Processes”, and then right click on any listed processes having anything to do with Game Center and then click, “End”. Now you will be taken back to the old game launcher and be able to log in quickly with far less CPU and memory usage, with a better, faster running game. :) Note; 4TankersandDog posted a video with how to bypass the Game Center entirely, but doing this we then also bypass the News page that announces new missions, specials and the very valuable codes that we need for various prizes, etc.

you can always circle back for them

Tod_kommt #17 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 23:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1438 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

I leave mine running so I can't make mistakes as fast as I used to!

Tod

View Postdorgedogg, on Nov 02 2019 - 17:03, said:

you can always circle back for them

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users