veteran military benefits

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tony977 #1 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 18:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27369 battles
  • [NMBS] NMBS

My happiness at this offer was short-lived as I scrolled through the information only to find that this benefits US service members / Veterans. I am happy that you get this deal! I am disappointed that other nationalities don't. When it comes to some of the "nice" things one can receive with Veteran status from multi-national corporations, I find that they tend to stop short of helping out all veterans. I know that company policies vary, and while people that run some companies have affiliations with the military that they deem to be very important, others only provide a small benefit because other companies in their sector do or for marketing purposes. WG is International. If they are going to provide this nice benefit for US Service people, they should be making a commitment to ALL veterans, and not just a "maybe if and when we get around to it". My service was not less important than anyone else's service. There are I'm sure a ton of veterans of other nation's militaries playing Tanks or Ships or whatever in lots of other countries. They are all as deserving. I get that it is relatively painless for WG to use ID.me, and that there is no real equivalent elsewhere, but just because it is more difficult doesn't mean it is wrong, or unimportant. The message I get from being refused on the basis that I am a vet but not a US vet is that because my country has a smaller population, it is inconsequential, and so is the contribution I, my family and my military family made. Make a commitment WG! We'll give you some time! Give us a plan to include us too!

The offer is nice, but if you can't include everyone, then it really is just marketing.

HeraldricKnight #2 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:00

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles
What country did you serve in?

Markd73 #3 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 17:48, said:

My happiness at this offer was short-lived as I scrolled through the information only to find that this benefits US service members / Veterans. I am happy that you get this deal! I am disappointed that other nationalities don't. When it comes to some of the "nice" things one can receive with Veteran status from multi-national corporations, I find that they tend to stop short of helping out all veterans. I know that company policies vary, and while people that run some companies have affiliations with the military that they deem to be very important, others only provide a small benefit because other companies in their sector do or for marketing purposes. WG is International. If they are going to provide this nice benefit for US Service people, they should be making a commitment to ALL veterans, and not just a "maybe if and when we get around to it". My service was not less important than anyone else's service. There are I'm sure a ton of veterans of other nation's militaries playing Tanks or Ships or whatever in lots of other countries. They are all as deserving. I get that it is relatively painless for WG to use ID.me, and that there is no real equivalent elsewhere, but just because it is more difficult doesn't mean it is wrong, or unimportant. The message I get from being refused on the basis that I am a vet but not a US vet is that because my country has a smaller population, it is inconsequential, and so is the contribution I, my family and my military family made. Make a commitment WG! We'll give you some time! Give us a plan to include us too!

The offer is nice, but if you can't include everyone, then it really is just marketing.

I am ex-Canadian military and I get how you feel.

I think this has more to do with it being a matter of expediency by WG. They could partner with a single 3rd party organisation to verify Veteran status for all of the US military for their largest market on the NA server (ie Americans vs everyone else). If it was equally easy to do and with a similar sized customer cohort (ie assuming CDN market was as big as US market) then they likely would have done it.

This is WG just acting like any other big corporation. What is the biggest bang for their buck in terms of marketing.

Edited by Markd73, Oct 24 2019 - 19:45.

Tony977 #4 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27369 battles
  • [NMBS] NMBS

View PostHeraldricKnight, on Oct 24 2019 - 19:00, said:

What country did you serve in?

I was a Reservist in Canada for 31 yrs

deathman254 #5 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20676 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
If I remember correctly , they are working on getting other nations. They just need some more time so that they can get that third party for canadian military or Mexican military etc. They just pushed out the USA because it is the start not the end.

Ironmike11B #6 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 11:48, said:

WG partnered with ID.me for this to be able to verify (key word here) that those who claim to be veterans actually are. They are a US organization that works with the US government. I agree all veterans, which I am one as well, should be recognized if possible. If you can find an organization in your country that does the same thing ID.me does, please let WG know.

Ironmike11B #7 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:02, said:

I am ex-Canadian militar

I am ex-Canadian military and I get how you feel.

I think this has more to do with it being a matter of expediency by WG. They could partner with a single 3rd party organisation to verify Veteran status for all of the US military for their largest market on the NA server (ie Americans vs everyone else). If it was equally easy to do and with a similar sized customer cohort (ie assuming CDN market was as big as US market) then they likely would have done it.

This is WG just acting like any other big corporation. What is the biggest bang for their buck in terms of marketing.

Like I told OP, if you know of a similar organization in Canada, please let them know.

HeraldricKnight #8 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:13

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View Postdeathman254, on Oct 24 2019 - 18:10, said:

If I remember correctly , they are working on getting other nations. They just need some more time so that they can get that third party for canadian military or Mexican military etc. They just pushed out the USA because it is the start not the end.

It might be harder to communicate with other countries. USA might be easier because of the many programs that actively help businesses locate and sell to retired and active personnel. 

KillnU_ #9 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40698 battles

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 13:48, said:

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 13:48, said:

QQ

GWyatt #10 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4282 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:48, said:

WGNA has talked about this on their weekly stream and they said that they were looking to add other non-US vets in the America's as they can figure out a way to make that happen. That would imply that this program is unique to NA and not a company wide program. From what I can tell, each region gets and works for different benefits for their region. Not everyone playing WG games get all the same benefits/programs just because this is a multinational company, that would be too restrictive. For example: EU doesn't have Scavenger Hunts, that is a Domo thing for NA.

Edited by GWyatt, Oct 24 2019 - 19:41.

BadCorps #11 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12948 battles
Both my parents and my sister served in the Canadian military. However, I was awarded a full ride scholarship to the UoBC and studied Stats for 4 years. I did do bootcamp and currently a reservist, though I doubt I'll ever be called into action.

Edited by BadCorps, Oct 24 2019 - 19:51.

rockbutcher #12 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22761 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View PostTony977, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:48, said:

Pro Patria brother.  I felt the same way about it and then thought, 'meh, they're Russians.'  I was trained to stop them in their tracks (slow them down more likely) in the Fulda gap.

brunosdad #13 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 21:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 8662 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H
I was at the Fulda Gap, nice place in the winter

gospodar_muva #14 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 21:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 399 battles
"Your body has parts your
Country can spare
By the way son here's
Your wheelchair
[...]
He once had to be all he could be
Now he's nothing for no one nowhere to see
Funny thing, he's like you & me
It's a funny thing, a funny thing
Tears streak his solemn stare
Abandoned for wreckage nobody cares
No one knew what would happen there
No one spoke no one even dared
Don't ask what you can do for your country
Ask what your country can do for you!"

- Dave Mustaine, 1990.

HAPPYJAX60 #15 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 21:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38831 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 24 2019 - 20:21, said:

"Your body has parts your
Country can spare
By the way son here's
Your wheelchair
[...]
He once had to be all he could be
Now he's nothing for no one nowhere to see
Funny thing, he's like you & me
It's a funny thing, a funny thing
Tears streak his solemn stare
Abandoned for wreckage nobody cares
No one knew what would happen there
No one spoke no one even dared
Don't ask what you can do for your country
Ask what your country can do for you!"

- Dave Mustaine, 1990.

He can write lyrics like this because someone else died to give him that privilege.

Kliphie #16 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 33183 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Radio_Demon #17 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 38275 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
I am current canadian military and honestly idgaf it's some meaningless little tid bits 

gospodar_muva #18 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 22:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 399 battles

View PostHAPPYJAX60, on Oct 24 2019 - 22:56, said:

He can write lyrics like this because someone else died to give him that privilege.

But did he have to die? The worst thing is to be a pawn to some political big shots and die for their cause and money they will get out of the conflict (and those same politicians will later shake hands and laugh). 

Ironmike11B #19 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 24 2019 - 15:41, said:

But did he have to die? The worst thing is to be a pawn to some political big shots and die for their cause and money they will get out of the conflict (and those same politicians will later shake hands and laugh). 

Well, I mean we were fighting for independence from Britain at the time so.....

borderrat #20 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 04:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12493 battles

View Postbrunosdad, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:15, said:

I was at the Fulda Gap, nice place in the winter

Those were some cold winters.

Was there 77-80.

Also tagged with veteran, military, benefits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users