veteran military benefits

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #21 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 16:40

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Thanks for the feedback! I understand that, as a Canadian veteran, you feel left out by not being able to participate in the WoT Salute program.

First things first, thank you for your service! It's pretty awesome that we have such a unique playerbase with so many veterans and Service members - there aren't many gaming communities quite like this one.

That said, I'm sorry you feel that the current lack of inclusion for Canadian military personnel is a personal insult. This definitely isn't the case, and while I'm happy to hear that you're interested in participating, please keep in mind that WoT Salute is, in every sense, a pilot program. Safe to say we've never done anything quite like this before and a lot of work went into setting this partnership up and getting it working. 

We definitely have plans to expand coverage to include Canada and other nations, so long as we have the means to do so. 

Tig_Welder_1 #22 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6107 battles
I would like to know as a member of the Salute program why the deals that come with the membership in the premium shop cannot be purchased with anything but a debit/credit card? Most other items are able to be purchased with those as well as other store brand cards I.E. Dollar General gift card and such. Not the Veteran salute deals though. I ask because thats how I normally purchase stuff so the wife dont know I spent money lmbo.

Apache_King #23 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 21:42

Private

• Players
  • 8316 battles
  • [6GB] 6GB

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Oct 25 2019 - 19:59, said:

I would like to know as a member of the Salute program why the deals that come with the membership in the premium shop cannot be purchased with anything but a debit/credit card? Most other items are able to be purchased with those as well as other store brand cards I.E. Dollar General gift card and such. Not the Veteran salute deals though. I ask because thats how I normally purchase stuff so the wife dont know I spent money lmbo.

I suspect it is to prevent people from getting a double discount.

dunniteowl #24 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 21:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I have to go dig out my Form DD214 for this.  You know why?  Because the application that I joined to provide that proof can only collect military data online starting from September of 1985.  I got out in June of that year and am not in the database.

Story of my life.  Missed it by that much, so I get to go through a bit of extra effort.  Ironically, this really has been a large portion of my life.  Missing that moment by just being a bit late, too young, too old, too short, too tall, too qualified, too underqualified, too poor, not poor enough.   It's true, honestly, however, the irony of it has given me a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR and DISPOSITION in life.

Hard to get upset about the vagaries of life.

On the other hand, I've also been EXTREMELY LUCKY over the course of many of those same years.  I've survived falling off two cliffsides, three auto accidents, getting run over two different times on a bicycle, bullets have whizzed by my head, bottles have come my way, a pair of scissors was once thrown at my head from behind and oh so many other things that I also have a Great Sense of Humor and Disposition for those reasons as well.

I can relate to the OP as WG is not even an US Company and still the only folks getting the coolness in the Americas Market are US Citizens who've served.

Oh yeah, Missed the GI BIll by five years.  Missed the updated GI Benefits by two.  Irony abounds.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

tatonka_smith #25 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 09:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 17482 battles

View Postgospodar_muva, on Oct 24 2019 - 21:41, said:

But did he have to die? The worst thing is to be a pawn to some political big shots and die for their cause and money they will get out of the conflict (and those same politicians will later shake hands and laugh). 

You don't die for them, you die for the guy next to you.

Filthywon #26 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 11:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20330 battles
  • [TINC] TINC

View Posttatonka_smith, on Oct 26 2019 - 03:03, said:

You don't die for them, you die for the guy next to you.

Most people will never understand that. 

venom286 #27 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 12:19

Captain

• Players
  • 43999 battles
 I think they should ,Hopefully they have something set up in the future.If the game is still around .

Tig_Welder_1 #28 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 14:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6107 battles

View PostApache_King, on Oct 25 2019 - 14:42, said:

I suspect it is to prevent people from getting a double discount.

You don't get a discount though with dollar General gift cards. You can use those on discounted items as well. So I have no idea.

Odo_de_Barri #29 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 19:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42609 battles
  • [GKAD] GKAD

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 25 2019 - 21:56, said:

I have to go dig out my Form DD214 for this.  You know why?  Because the application that I joined to provide that proof can only collect military data online starting from September of 1985.  I got out in June of that year and am not in the database.

Story of my life.  Missed it by that much, so I get to go through a bit of extra effort.  Ironically, this really has been a large portion of my life.  Missing that moment by just being a bit late, too young, too old, too short, too tall, too qualified, too underqualified, too poor, not poor enough.   It's true, honestly, however, the irony of it has given me a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR and DISPOSITION in life.

On the other hand, I've also been EXTREMELY LUCKY over the course of many of those same years.  I've survived falling off two cliffsides, three auto accidents, getting run over two different times on a bicycle, bullets have whizzed by my head, bottles have come my way, a pair of scissors was once thrown at my head from behind and oh so many other things that I also have a Great Sense of Humor and Disposition for those reasons as well.

I can relate to the OP as WG is not even an US Company and still the only folks getting the coolness in the Americas Market are US Citizens who've served.

Oh yeah, Missed the GI BIll by five years.  Missed the updated GI Benefits by two.  Irony abounds.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

It is so easy to identify with your story.  I guess, WE are just TOO old.

Tao_Te_Tomato #30 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 19:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 28113 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 25 2019 - 21:56, said:

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

I stuck it out until 1987.  Who knew I was being prescient????  :hiding:

Also tagged with veteran, military, benefits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users