Tank Tutor

improvement coaching skills tank gameplay opinions mechanics

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank Tutors (7 members have cast votes)

Would you spend money to have personal help in improving your overall gameplay?

1. Yes (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

3. Unsure (1 vote [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

If you answered "Yes" to Question 1, how much would you spend on an hourly basis

1. $40-50 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. $30-40 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. $20-30 (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Below $20 (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ZePaladin #1 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

Hey everyone, just wanted to run this idea I've had through some paces, see if it would be well-received or not. I've been looking into running a sort of coaching job for a relatively inexpensive amount. With the tutoring I'd would not do any stat padding/boosting, but teaching how to use and get more out of in-game mechanics. Overall, my goal is for others to enjoy the experience for players of various levels. 

By no means am I claiming to be the very best like no one ever was, but I figured after playing this game for over 6 years and with some initiative and experience, I would take a punt at helping others. Definitely beats the typical ridicule many new or inexperienced players face.

Leave your thoughts below, I'm interested in what the community thinks on the matter!

Edited by ZePaladin, Oct 24 2019 - 19:51.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Poll is inadequate... there is no $1-2 option.     :coin:

Tolos #3 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF
Well NO is gonna get zero votes. As when you click on it and try to vote it simply says You must cast your vote in each question of the poll. lol

ZePaladin #4 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 19:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostTolos, on Oct 24 2019 - 13:46, said:

Well NO is gonna get zero votes. As when you click on it and try to vote it simply says You must cast your vote in each question of the poll. lol

Oh my, sorry about that! I'll fix that now.

rockbutcher #5 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22758 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
I'm pretty sure that your proposition is out of line with the EULA.  In b4 lock.

ZePaladin #6 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View Postrockbutcher, on Oct 24 2019 - 14:35, said:

I'm pretty sure that your proposition is out of line with the EULA.  In b4 lock.

Do you mean the actual game EULA or the Forum rules?

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
Game rules. 

ZePaladin #8 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 21:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Oct 24 2019 - 14:54, said:

Game rules. 

I mean there’s no boosting that I’m advertising at all. Not my goal whatsoever. Nor am I advertising a service or spam messaging. 

Trust me, I don’t want to risk my account. If there’s a portion of the EULA I missed please let me know. Thanks!

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 38752 battles

View PostZePaladin, on Oct 24 2019 - 20:04, said:

I mean there’s no boosting that I’m advertising at all. Not my goal whatsoever. Nor am I advertising a service or spam messaging. 

Trust me, I don’t want to risk my account. If there’s a portion of the EULA I missed please let me know. Thanks!

I don't know, but this

View PostZePaladin, on Oct 24 2019 - 18:31, said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to run this idea I've had through some paces, see if it would be well-received or not. I've been looking into running a sort of coaching job for a relatively inexpensive amount. With the tutoring I'd would not do any stat padding/boosting, but teaching how to use and get more out of in-game mechanics. Overall, my goal is for others to enjoy the experience for players of various levels. 

By no means am I claiming to be the very best like no one ever was, but I figured after playing this game for over 6 years and with some initiative and experience, I would take a punt at helping others. Definitely beats the typical ridicule many new or inexperienced players face.

Leave your thoughts below, I'm interested in what the community thinks on the matter!

seems like a "service" to me.

And, the whole "poll" route looks like it can be construed as a clever way of circumventing the EULA.

If you truly want to help others out, you should do it out of kindness, without expectation of recompense.

If a player you "tutored" wanted to throw something your way, it shouldn't be $$. It should be via in-game goods, such as a Premium tank, some Premium Account time, or Gold. But, that should be their gesture, not a requirement.

But, if you really want to get "paid" for your "services", maybe you should look into streaming. I know that there are a few streamers out there that are extremely helpful with the advice that they give to questions asked in chat. Some even go as far as actually "showing" viewers what they are describing (like maybe a good way to set-up a specific Light tank, to include crew skills and equipment, and possibly even play it showing/describing how to take advantage of the tank's specifics). And, if viewers really like what is being shown/described/explained, they can throw a few 'whatevers' the streamers way which eventually turns into some $s for them.

ZePaladin #10 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Oct 24 2019 - 17:00, said:

I don't know, but this

seems like a "service" to me.

And, the whole "poll" route looks like it can be construed as a clever way of circumventing the EULA.

If you truly want to help others out, you should do it out of kindness, without expectation of recompense.

If a player you "tutored" wanted to throw something your way, it shouldn't be $$. It should be via in-game goods, such as a Premium tank, some Premium Account time, or Gold. But, that should be their gesture, not a requirement.

But, if you really want to get "paid" for your "services", maybe you should look into streaming. I know that there are a few streamers out there that are extremely helpful with the advice that they give to questions asked in chat. Some even go as far as actually "showing" viewers what they are describing (like maybe a good way to set-up a specific Light tank, to include crew skills and equipment, and possibly even play it showing/describing how to take advantage of the tank's specifics). And, if viewers really like what is being shown/described/explained, they can throw a few 'whatevers' the streamers way which eventually turns into some $s for them.

I could have worded my post differently, you’re right. 

Personally, I don’t think I could stream though. I just don’t have the personality unfortunately, but I wanted to be able to help out those who wanted to seek additional advice. I could do the set-up guides and map strats and whatnot, but, who knows. Might change eventually! 

Also tagged with improvement, coaching, skills, tank, gameplay, opinions, mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users