WGC Launcher Update Fails on Mac Os

WGC Wargaming Game Center Launcher Mac OS Update Failed Update MacOs

10 replies to this topic

GetRiot #1 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 21:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 14655 battles
  • [FNECK] FNECK

On Mac OS the Wargaming Game Center launches for a split second and immediately tries to update. It gives me this error before finishing: "Unable to install updates. We are working on it. Please try again later. (2019)".

After the update fails it just kills the Game Center. I am unable to get the Game Center to stay open, so I can't launch any games.

Anyone else having this issue? I didn't update to Catalina. Nothing about my OS changed at all. It just started doing this. I have tried turning the wifi off then back on. I have also tried shutting down the laptop, waiting for a few minutes, then booting it back up.

Does anyone know a way to bypass the WGC? On mac we can't use the .exe file and the only .dmg file I can find is to install the WGC. I don't know how to launch the game independently.

edited misspelled word.

Edited by GetRiot, Oct 25 2019 - 00:02.

ATrollingTank #2 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 21445 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD

I am running Catalina and having this issue as well. I was able to quickly launch WGC and hit the play button to launch WOT. I then force quit WGC before WOT gets to the login screen. It then doesn't pull the account from WGC and asks me to input my creds. Once I do and hit login, I get a message that it cannot connect to server and I need to update my app.

TLDR...even tho i bypassed WGC, I am unable to play as WOT cannot update now.

black_colt #3 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 4570 battles

View PostGetRiot, on Oct 24 2019 - 12:54, said:

On Mac OS the Wargaming Game Center launches for a split second and immediately tries to update. It give me this error before finishing: "Unable to install updates. We are working on it. Please try again later. (2019)".

After the update fails it just kills the Game Center. I am unable to get the Game Center to stay open, so I can't launch any games.

Anyone else having this issue? I didn't update to Catalina. Nothing about my OS changed at all. It just started doing this. I have tried turning the wifi off then back on. I have also tried shutting down the laptop, waiting for a few minutes, then booting it back up.

Does anyone know a way to bypass the WGC? On mac we can't use the .exe file and the only .dmg file I can find is to install the WGC. I don't know how to launch the game independently.

I am not having any issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper - but I am running macOS Catalina.

With the release of macOS Catalina the stand-alone WoT Mac Wrapper would not run as it was 32-bit.  The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was released and with it a 64-bit version of World of Tanks.

There is no way to bypass the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper now.

I recommend that you raise an Expert Support ticket directly with CodeWeavers via their webpage. They have, in my experience, been very responsive to my Expert Support tickets.

black_colt #4 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 4570 battles

View PostATrollingTank, on Oct 24 2019 - 14:15, said:

I am running Catalina and having this issue as well. I was able to quickly launch WGC and hit the play button to launch WOT. I then force quit WGC before WOT gets to the login screen. It then doesn't pull the account from WGC and asks me to input my creds. Once I do and hit login, I get a message that it cannot connect to server and I need to update my app.

I am not having any issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper - but I am running macOS Catalina.  The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper just updated World of Tanks [NA - v. 1.6.1.1671 and EU v. 1.6.1.1668] and World of Warships [v. 0.8.9.0.1971791] seamlessly earlier today.

With the release of macOS Catalina the 64-bit WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was released and with it a 64-bit version of World of Tanks.  The WoT Mac Wrapper will NOT launch/run on macOS Catalina as it is 32-bit.

As there is no stand-alone WoT Mac Wrapper in macOS Catalina how are you bypassing the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper?

I recommend that you raise an Expert Support ticket directly with CodeWeavers via their webpage. They have, in my experience, been very responsive to my Expert Support tickets.

Edited by black_colt, Oct 24 2019 - 23:27.

ATrollingTank #5 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 21445 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 24 2019 - 23:25, said:

I am not having any issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper - but I am running macOS Catalina.  The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper just updated World of Tanks [NA - v. 1.6.1.1671 and EU v. 1.6.1.1668] and World of Warships [v. 0.8.9.0.1971791] seamlessly earlier today.

With the release of macOS Catalina the 64-bit WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was released and with it a 64-bit version of World of Tanks.  The WoT Mac Wrapper will NOT launch/run on macOS Catalina as it is 32-bit.

As there is no stand-alone WoT Mac Wrapper in macOS Catalina how are you bypassing the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper?

I am running Catalina. I did a clean install post Catalina when it started working again (on the 22nd or something). Today with the WGC update, I am unable to update and locked out again.

GetRiot #6 Posted Oct 24 2019 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 14655 battles
  • [FNECK] FNECK

View PostATrollingTank, on Oct 24 2019 - 22:15, said:

I also tried the method of quickly hitting the play button, but the game never launched. I simply got the same attempted update attempt and failure.

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 24 2019 - 22:18, said:

I am not having any issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper - but I am running macOS Catalina.

With the release of macOS Catalina the stand-alone WoT Mac Wrapper would not run as it was 32-bit.  The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was released and with it a 64-bit version of World of Tanks.

There is no way to bypass the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper now.

I do have a ticket open with Wargaming right now. I will say they have been slower to respond to this one than my previous tickets. I'm not sure whether that is telling or not. I will wait a lil longer to hear back from them, and if I get nothing I will likely just uninstall and reinstall WGC and WoT. Either way, I'll post back here with any updates.

black_colt #7 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 4570 battles

View PostGetRiot, on Oct 24 2019 - 14:51, said:

I also tried the method of quickly hitting the play button, but the game never launched. I simply got the same attempted update attempt and failure.

I do have a ticket open with Wargaming right now. I will say they have been slower to respond to this one than my previous tickets. I'm not sure whether that is telling or not. I will wait a lil longer to hear back from them, and if I get nothing I will likely just uninstall and reinstall WGC and WoT. Either way, I'll post back here with any updates.

Wargaming does not provide support for the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper so do not expect a response from them. 

Open an Expert Support ticket with CodeWeavers.

If you are going to uninstall - please go to the Consolidated - Game Center Related forum on the WoT Mac Wrapper Support Forum for detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper.

NOTE: You will NOT be able to import any game from the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper due to a decision by Wargaming.  You will need to install via the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper.

Mojo_Riesing #8 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 01:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20431 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I guess there is a price to exclusivity.

JAG2_ #9 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 06:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 2690 battles
  • [475TH] 475TH
Im having same issue, "Unable to install updates. We are working on it. Please try again later. (2019)" on Mac OS High Serria.  Game loaded ok yesterday after loading the new Wargame Center but on won't update now.

Edited by JAG2_, Oct 25 2019 - 06:21.

GetRiot #10 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 16:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 14655 battles
  • [FNECK] FNECK

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 24 2019 - 23:03, said:

If you are going to uninstall - please go to the Consolidated - Game Center Related forum on the WoT Mac Wrapper Support Forum for detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper.

NOTE: You will NOT be able to import any game from the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper due to a decision by Wargaming.  You will need to install via the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper.

UPDATE:

After using the info found on the threads specified in the post from black_colt and removing WGC and WOT from my machine, I reinstalled it. It is now working without issue.

black_colt #11 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 4570 battles

View PostGetRiot, on Oct 25 2019 - 07:45, said:

UPDATE:

After using the info found on the threads specified in the post from black_colt and removing WGC and WOT from my machine, I reinstalled it. It is now working without issue.

Great to hear that you are up-and-running.

See what happens when we communicate ...

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users