• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 16:17

Senior Community Manager

• -Players-
  • 9470 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers,

Over the last week there's been a lot of gossip and confusion about the HE changes on the sandbox.  Please read this article to get a direct update from the Devs on the experiments we've been running.

Too long, didn't read

1. The initial HE test with low values was a mechanics test to make sure the new shell design functioned and at the lowest possible values

2. The second iteration set HE damage to the maximum range of values

3. Today's iteration will be somewhere in the middle

4. None of these experiments are anywhere close to being delivered to the live server, but if you would like to test them and give us your feedback please do so!

Happy Tanking!

CM

Mojo_Riesing #2 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 16:23

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
Thanks for the clarifications. 

AndrewSledge #3 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 16:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 36545 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

I like your new icon, CB! :D

Thanks for the update on what the different tests were doing. When I first heard about the first iteration, it sounded like the days of the KV-2 were ending. Nice to hear that's not necessarily the case!

Baronvonlichdisbaum #4 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 17:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 16406 battles
How about instead of wasting your time trying to fix something thats not broken, fix arty that can hit you from across the map for full HE damage.

Dutch_323 #5 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 17:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11943 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-

"Now, the result of firing an HE shell has become more predictable and firing at vulnerable spots of vehicles provides a more predictable result. Players should now have an idea of the approximate amount of potential damage when firing at the specific spot and this amount of damage will be predictably higher when firing at a vulnerable spot on a vehicle. This means that we have to find out the proper values for HE shells."

Does this also mean that tanks such as the KV-2, with very slow reload times, aim times, and high dispersion values will still be less effective due to the fact that currently it is hard enough to precisely hit specific weak spots on another tank?  Seems like some buffs may be necessary on certain tanks in order to give them a chance to hit those week spots.

Edited by Dutch_323, Oct 25 2019 - 17:33.

Firebird646 #6 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 17:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 5143 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering why there was such a drastic change between the 2 iterations. Can't wait to try out this version!

JakeTheMystic #7 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Still don't like it; Increasing the HP of all tanks and changing values just means players have to learn the game all over again, some are just going to quit when it comes to that. 

Really disappointed with the direction the game is going. "Oh gee, people aren't buying premiums. Let's just start messing with things to see if people find the game more interesting."

Delphshadow #8 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 23:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 11617 battles
  • [NLRT] NLRT

View PostBaronvonlichdisbaum, on Oct 25 2019 - 17:03, said:

How about instead of wasting your time trying to fix something thats not broken, fix arty that can hit you from across the map for full HE damage.

How about instead of fixing artillery yet again to make it increasingly ineffective, you give artillery their HE shell penetration and premium rounds back. Because an artillery that can hit someone from across the map and do full HE damage is operating on pure luck; WG tore out artillery teeth months ago and remain too afraid to just eliminate it instead of desperately kowtowing to player tantrums and making it increasingly unenjoyable.

At least I can agree that HE shells are a thing that are not broken and are in fact essential to the game with NO changes made. Address the premium spam, adjust the roles of light tanks to be more like the British lights (but with superior view range and camo), make artillery an effective part of the game, and then feel free to go back to this nonsense of attacking player fun by nerfing HE shells.

nukem519 #9 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 23:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 35834 battles
  • [EYEOO] EYEOO

WOW! WG is not going to listen to us. They are going end up going through with these changes after so many have stated dislikes towards the changes. I am afraid they will drive more away from the game then encourage newcomers to join. They ask for our input, but these players that try to voice their objections has fallen on deaf ears.

I was planning on going down the US light tech tree and thought it would be fun. But NOPE now it is going to just another regular light tech tree with no fun factor. They nerf the tier 10 US heavy (T110E5) where not many people play the tank or you do not here much about anymore. Now no one will play much with the tier 9 or 10 light tanks because they tank the fun value out. They already nerf the HE on the type 4 and 5 Japan heavy tanks. They might as well just take the guns away from these tanks and be done with this controversy they stirred up.:( If I am wrong on this then please correct me. How I read the article I thought they meant that the first HE iteration was still going on these tanks but maybe they are removing the premium HE rounds from these tanks.

GL &HF:)

Johnnie_Walker_Black #10 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 01:05

Private

• Players
  • 30267 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Here is a nice little mental thought for you WG guys....ill create this scenario for you.   im in my regular T8 or T9 tank  trying to grind  RIGHT.....hit battle  im in a t10 battle...ok  no problem   i got this   play smart  watch your corners    ITS FINE.....  then i see the enemy  line up......a   279e   JZE100 and a nice little hull down 430U     ok   i can  deal with JZ  and the 430U.....now  tell me WG  what the heck am i supposed to shoot when i see the  279e....only thing i have that will stop him from rolling over me is  HE rounds.....FYI  not to kill him  just to stop him from advancing  ....so  your telling me  you putting one of the most OP tanks in the game and putting it in hands  of best players and nerfing the HE rounds  ....help me understand this  train of thought . I love this game  but you guys are being unrealistic with this nerf to HE.  please think this over....i know for a fact the this NERF is a unicums dream come true,  but for us average players.  you are ruining so good old fun tanks  or just a strategic ammo type that was just fine to beginning with. Just think about what i said ...hope you guys figure it out.  GL 

King_Dillo #11 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 02:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16017 battles
  • [TXRS] TXRS

What good is downloading and installing the sandbox app, when there are no battles, at tier I, and no XP to advance beyond tier I.

I wasted time and effort on this, trying to participate and getting nowhere.

stalkervision #12 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 04:00

Major

• Players
  • 69633 battles
People are on the sandbox during the earlier part of the day dude. :facepalm:

ODBALL_W00F_W00F #13 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 12:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 22653 battles

There was no "gossip and confusion" on my part.  I watched the changes first hand on a live stream and the proposed changes would adversely affect the game and make some fan favorite tanks obsolete. 

I have seen no one complaining about HE shells in any of the games I've played.  

Why not fix what everyone is complaining about game after game -

1. The match making.  How do 3 people with 60%+ win rates get on the same team against people with below 50%?

2. Can we get some new maps? Why not bring back some of the older ones?  Who really looks forward to playing on Mines over and over and over ..... 

Thylor99 #14 Posted Oct 26 2019 - 14:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 9622 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Please leave the HE shells alone. This change is not wanted or needed.. Just upgrade slightly to match new ap damage.

Warrhorse #15 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 28910 battles
  • [T1T4N] T1T4N

Derps are fine, this is a darn game, and will NEVER be competitive because of your Pay to win stuff,

that's the only thing to blame, this game will NEVER get big in competitive Esports because is a niche P2w game. that said, leave HE alone PLZ

just because a random Fanboy 0.0001% player on hes OP clan/ OP premium / OP limited tank loses 15% of its HP to a HUGE HE shell on the side. and whines as such you nerf them? for all of US

then i ALSO do my part of whine by saying this is completely uncalled for, and unnecessary. AKA a bad NERF

Who care about your excuses, you are simply killing the FUN out of WOT, WT is Many times better that WOT as it is now, we don't leave because we LOVE WOT

Dont ""fix"" that plz.

DrWho_ #16 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 03:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 25970 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 25 2019 - 16:17, said:

Hey Tankers,

Over the last week there's been a lot of gossip and confusion about the HE changes on the sandbox.  Please read this article to get a direct update from the Devs on the experiments we've been running.

Happy Tanking!

CM

I appreciate the clarification but it doesn't change the fact that WG is spending resources trying to fix something that few think is broken, at least I haven't seen a single person complain about it that I can remember.

I would prefer that WG spent resources trying to fix, or at least minimise the effect of, some in game bugs that are quite annoying like

The ridge line aiming bug, there has to be *something* that can be done to fix or minimise this problem 

The "exit sniper view when next to a tall object" bug, that frigging thing gives me vertigo and has caused me to die more times than I care to remember

I'm sure I could come up with more stuff but these make my point, you are spending resources fixing problems nobody else but you believe to be a problem but totally ignoring problems that annoy the tar out of people. This makes no logical sense whatsoever

quick_guns #17 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 16:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 36672 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

WG,

As I said in the first round. Leave HE alone. Don't try and fix something that does NOT need fixing (you fixed the Type 5 because the premium round generally caused more damage than the standard round....that's enough). How about issues that need fixing (in no particular order).

1. Reclassification and adjustment of wheeled vehicles from light tanks to armored cars (or something else...they are NOT light tanks). 

2. Tweek the matchmaking - add skill based and limit the number of light tanks and wheeled vehicles. Tired of facing a team load of pro players. Especially, when they have a platoon of EBRs mixed in with 279es, other light tanks, or other op tanks.

3. New maps - need more variety.

4. A decent PVE mode (see World of Warships).

5. Premium round spam. (How about limiting the total number of premium round a tank can take in a random battles...just an idea.....tired of facing 279es and such blasting away with full premium round loadouts).

I could go on, but those are some basic issues to start with. We are tired of the WG money grabs (we get it your a company that needs to make money, but give me a break), waiting years for fixes or adjustments to issues that the community identifies, and talk but not action.

pmp544 #18 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 16:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 28852 battles
See?  You're all obviously just too dumb to realize what WG is doing.  Just shut up, accept it and buy more Premium.  You're feedback has been filed under the "Don't Give a Sh!t" section.  

_Brew_ #19 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 24115 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

So, how do you expect tanks like the KV-2 to perform after this nerf?  110 AP pen is not going to cut it for a Tier 6 heavy tank trading frontally - and this tank is so slow and blind it will not be flanking many people.  19+ seconds reload to do 150 hitpoints of HE damage trading with another heavy tank is not going to work either.  So what exactly will be the role of a big, slow, blind tank with slow reload, terrible gun handling, and horrible pen values?  The derp was literally the ONLY reason to play a KV-2.  

After you reduced the HE damage of the Type 4/5 look what happened.  Nobody plays them.  I can't recall the last time I saw one in a pub match much less being used in clan wars or strongholds.  The same will happen to the Pz IVH, M4 Sherman, Sherman Jumbo, KV-2, SU-152, etc.  Nobody will play them, because the massive HE potential was the only positive aspect of those tanks.  Rolling the dice on getting a massive blast is fun.  If some dumb light tank has so little intelligence that they think sitting still in the open in front of one of these gets one-shot, well that's their fault.  The tanks are already easy to counter by lights and mediums.  Now they'll just be xp pinatas for every other tank in the game, while they struggles with terribad handling and crappy AP pen with long reloads.

If you're going to remove the massive HE potential in an effort to make the gun "more consistent," then you need to massively increase the reload and gun handling to compensate for the loss of alpha. 

For example, the KV-2 with a 152 derp firing HE currently sits at 2372.5 DPM if you pen every shot.  Nobody pens every shot, but then again with the new pen value of 0mm nobody will ever pen every shot or any shot for that matter.  So, the KV-2 DPM should be adjusted to remain the same.  Firing the new 330 alpha HE rounds that means the reload of the gun should be reduced to 8.3 seconds with much improved gun handling.  I'd say other tank aspects such as view range etc should also be changed to compensate for this nerf too.

DemitriVritra_US #20 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 18:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25330 battles
I sincerely feel this change isn't for the betterment of the game but someone trying to justify their position within the company without actually achieving anything. if that's the case Send them to the WoWP Dev team, not like they're doing anything they can't even fix a damn garage bug that causes a memory leak that has been plaguing the game for two years now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users