• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

Sam_Sanister #21 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 07:12

Captain

• Players
  • 27973 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 25 2019 - 11:59, said:

This post is just to distract us from the 3-marked Pz. 5/4, isn't it?

Cricketer #22 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 03:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12221 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
I love the scavenger hunt. Last time I used the 40K XP on the Skoda T50 stock grind, and before that I used it on the Defender-killer (albeit that idea was foiled by the Czech marathon thingy).
Hmm...what will I use it for this time? If only we had a sale so I could buy some tanks to skip the stock grind with.

MaxXlr8tion #23 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 14:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 13935 battles
  • [CCCM] CCCM

Who the F has time for this??? I mean bruh, I have a job and OTHER things to do then chase CCs for [edited]little two day codes. Keep your damn tonk rewards, I'm about ready to leave this [edited]show anyway, been steady heading down hill. Just more of the same...

OracleP4 #24 Posted Oct 28 2019 - 20:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16430 battles
Didn’t we just have a scavenger hunt in September? So many boosters lol.

DomoSapien #25 Posted Oct 29 2019 - 18:38

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSam_Sanister, on Oct 27 2019 - 00:12, said:

This post is just to distract us from the 3-marked Pz. 5/4, isn't it?

May have originally been trying to flex the marks when I snagged that gif :trollface:

View PostCricketer, on Oct 27 2019 - 20:44, said:

I love the scavenger hunt. Last time I used the 40K XP on the Skoda T50 stock grind, and before that I used it on the Defender-killer (albeit that idea was foiled by the Czech marathon thingy).
Hmm...what will I use it for this time? If only we had a sale so I could buy some tanks to skip the stock grind with.

As long as Scavenger Hunt gets approved for next year, you'll have another chance at 40k XP in January. So don't dwell on it *too* much, as long as it goes towards one of your grinds it's still a net positive :)

View PostMaxXlr8tion, on Oct 28 2019 - 07:16, said:

Who the F has time for this??? I mean bruh, I have a job and OTHER things to do then chase CCs for [edited]little two day codes. Keep your damn tonk rewards, I'm about ready to leave this [edited]show anyway, been steady heading down hill. Just more of the same...

Well, respectfully, about 15,000 players a month have time for this.

You could also just bookmark Warchild's Code thread or the Reddit Thread that reposts them for you so you don't have to chase down cc's for these *blank* little two day codes and if you spend a grand total of 3 minutes a day copy pasting the codes you could end up with about 300 boosters, about 90 of which would be Credit Boosters (and Credit Boosters are generally the hardest to come by) plus 40K XP applied to a vehicle of your choosing.

You aren't obligated to participate, heck if you don't redeem any codes you won't even have Scavenger Hunt missions cluttering up your mission UI. But for the amount of actual effort involved, the payout is pretty nice. 

View PostOracleP4, on Oct 28 2019 - 13:31, said:

Didn’t we just have a scavenger hunt in September? So many boosters lol.

Yup, Scavenger Hunt has been running on a bi-monthly cadence all year, so every other month there has been a Scavenger Hunt event.

I'll say this: one of the ideas behind giving you guys all these boosters is encouraging you to actually use them. I'm the same way, I hoard my boosters waiting for that perfect opportunity to use them and I know I'll be able to maximize that grind. But they aren't benefitting you in the slightest if they're collecting dust in your garage. Use those boosters! You'll get more of them, I promise! Pop those suckers like candy.

riversteel #26 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 99472 battles
So many boosters lol.

Griffon327327 #27 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 17:44

Captain

• Players
  • 90639 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

The weak link in all this with codes stems directly from wargaming because wargaming does not give correct codes to the streamers or that annoying guy that makes the videos we have to watch because of an embedded browser attached to game that no one wants (my firefox works why do you force me to have a chrome extension?) between embedded browser and game center I have a lot of crap that I have to end process and stop every time I log in..

yes once in game you can go to start manger and shut off all this  resource hogging crap

anyway back to core problem is wargaming feeds all these sources the wrong codes all the time ,, don't even watch those embedded weekly videos because the codes and info is wrong 70% of the time   "stomps on duck and tosses out into traffic"    attention wargaming mod duck is not slang for anything other then a water fowl

DrWho_ #28 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 20:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 26530 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Oct 30 2019 - 17:44, said:

The weak link in all this with codes stems directly from wargaming because wargaming does not give correct codes to the streamers or that annoying guy that makes the videos we have to watch because of an embedded browser attached to game that no one wants (my firefox works why do you force me to have a chrome extension?) between embedded browser and game center I have a lot of crap that I have to end process and stop every time I log in..

yes once in game you can go to start manger and shut off all this  resource hogging crap

anyway back to core problem is wargaming feeds all these sources the wrong codes all the time ,, don't even watch those embedded weekly videos because the codes and info is wrong 70% of the time   "stomps on duck and tosses out into traffic"    attention wargaming mod duck is not slang for anything other then a water fowl

Do you read this stuff before you push that "post" button ?

Volcanic_lobster_220 #29 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 07:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8816 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 29 2019 - 18:38, said:

Yup, Scavenger Hunt has been running on a bi-monthly cadence all year, so every other month there has been a Scavenger Hunt event.

I'll say this: one of the ideas behind giving you guys all these boosters is encouraging you to actually use them. I'm the same way, I hoard my boosters waiting for that perfect opportunity to use them and I know I'll be able to maximize that grind. But they aren't benefitting you in the slightest if they're collecting dust in your garage. Use those boosters! You'll get more of them, I promise! Pop those suckers like candy.

I LOVE the amount of Credits boosters i have, and even after using them every day i have 300 right now i think! :)

DomoSapien #30 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 17:35

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Schedule has been updated!

Moridin_707 #31 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21286 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Oct 25 2019 - 12:43, said:

The Code thing bugs me because while it's easy to get a daily code, getting 27-30 is a bit more difficult. But even then it's not so much the difficulty- it's that as the month goes on and you have invested in getting the codes each day you become increasingly anxious about not missing one. There is the ever present threat you go out to dinner or take a short trip and lose all your progress. 

Yes, Warchild for one posts a helpful list but he can't change the fact that the codes expire in 48 hours and way too often the party responsible for posting waits 18-24 hours to post. 

If you like doing it, more power to you. For me it's not a fun hunt: it's a stress inducing chore.

"Stress inducing chore?"

Have you even done any real "chores" in your life?

Seriously you are entitled to NOTHING for FREE.

If taking ONE MINUTE out of your busy day to copy/paste a code is such a "chore" then I shudder to imagine the trials the rest of your day consists of :|

Seriously, with the length of your complaint post you could have refreshed the code page and entered the code.

SO here is an idea, post ONE LESS TIME on the forum, and you will have the free time to complete the scavenger hunt :)

Seriously though we are lucky Domo and the mods even allow a code page as it undermines the intent of the scavenger hunt: To encourage the community to WATCH CC feeds.

A big THANK YOU to Domo for continuing to weather the complaints, from those who will never be happy, and to keep things interesting with free stuff.

Edited by Moridin_707, Oct 31 2019 - 18:23.

DomoSapien #32 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:56

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14991 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Also I guess it's worth mentioning I extended the code windows so that each code is active until 18:00 CT two days later, so there's that?

Even if a contributor posts their code at 11:59 PM the day they are scheduled you still have over an entire extra day to copy + paste the code and activate it. I get that stuff comes up and you get inconvenienced sometimes but remember that not only are contributors human beings with busy/hectic schedules, just like you!

Not only that, they are not employed by Wargaming and many of them have other jobs outside of content creation which are pretty much necessary to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Casual_Boops #33 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 19:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36111 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
^^^ Thank you for the extra flexibility, Domo. It's appreciated. 

MachoGrande56 #34 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 20:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 28317 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON
I appreciate the work you guys do to make the scavenger hunt possible!

heavymetal1967 #35 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 21:07

Major

• Players
  • 73536 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 31 2019 - 13:56, said:

Also I guess it's worth mentioning I extended the code windows so that each code is active until 18:00 CT two days later, so there's that?

Even if a contributor posts their code at 11:59 PM the day they are scheduled you still have over an entire extra day to copy + paste the code and activate it. I get that stuff comes up and you get inconvenienced sometimes but remember that not only are contributors human beings with busy/hectic schedules, just like you!

Not only that, they are not employed by Wargaming and many of them have other jobs outside of content creation which are pretty much necessary to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Thanks Domo and good point about "stuff happens", paying the bills, etc..

GAJohnnie #36 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 10738 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Bookmarked!

DrWho_ #37 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 21:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 26530 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 31 2019 - 18:56, said:

Aside from a few people nobody really blames the CCs for posting stuff late in events like this but extending the life of the codes is a good idea anyways because they are often posted quite late in the day so a bit of fine tuning is much appreciated

NA_PA2 #38 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 23:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2461 battles
  • [THRET] THRET

Hey DomoSapien, 

Any chance you can make it 4 extra codes given away since there is only 30 days in the month.  I know a lot of people go out of town for Thanksgiving in the US, which would be the last 3 days of the month.  Meaning even if you only missed 3 days, you still couldn't get the final prize.

RetroMan55 #39 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 23:27

Captain

• Players
  • 94760 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 31 2019 - 11:56, said:

Well, I don't miss too many chances to poke the bear with a short stick, but I've been watching your climb up the bell curve on the SH and I have to say: you are constantly improving - good job Domo.

P0NYTANK #40 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 23:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45717 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Somebody have the Reddit Link :D?

Also tagged with Scavenger Hunt, Scavenger, Hunt, November, November Scavenger Hunt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users