Japanese medium tank type 61

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kutejikashi #1 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 08:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5470 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT
I already play my first match on it completely stock and I may say... I ENJOYED IT!.

But I need some advices for it, what modules get first, equipment I should buy doing focus on enhancing the gun performance or the view range to help my teammates and some tips on it's gameplay. I'm really looking forward for the STB-1 (on my eyes the sexiest and best tier X medium tank).

So, with no more to say, thanks to all <3

alphadogg64 #2 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 09:22

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

I can't help you with what modules to get first since I despise playing stock tanks, and thus never do, but I might be able to help a little with the other points.

Optics/Rammer/Vert Stab should be your equipment loadout.

It has a pretty typical medium gameplay. You can bounce a surprising amount of shots off your turret but you should never rely on it. You have a great rof with highish alpha damage, so you can knock the tracks off the vast majority of tanks with one shot (unlike the 320 alpha Russian meds) and then keep them tracked. It's not very fast and quite large so there's a few plays that other mediums can make that you most likely won't be able to (hill on Karelia).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my STB-1 greatly and I do quite well in it (3k WN8) but it definitely isn't the best tier 10 medium, and is quite niche

VooDooKobra #3 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 09:22

Major

• Players
  • 10079 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
the 61 is a fun tank, looking farward to the stb

Dhizi #4 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 12:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

Here's from my view, since I own the tank and played it fully from stock to top.

You don't need the upgraded radio, stock radio is 100% great and saves you some weight.

Tracks researched first. Then the Turret. Then, you have the option -- If you enjoy and can perform well with the stock gun, go for the engine. But if you want the harder hitting, higher-penetration gun, go for it, instead.

Vents, Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer for equipment IF you have Brothers in Arms and Situational Awareness and are willing to run Food. This, ONCE YOU GET THE TURRET, will put your view range at 447 (over the view cap). The gun handling on the Type 61 with Vertical stabilizer and vents with a BiA crew and food is INSANELY good!

Rammer, Vents, Coated Optics IF you don't have a crew with BiA/Situational awareness and you won't run food. You won't have nearly as amazing gun handling, but view range is very important in upper tiers to counter viewrange-edge snipers and to be competitive in spotting dangerous tanks.

Personally, I researched the tracks, turret, engine, then top gun. I have researched the radio as well, but I keep the stock one mounted because it already offers exceptional radio range and a lower weight. I run Vertical Stabilizer, Vents, and Rammer, have a top-tier crew with BiA/Situational Awareness/Camo/Smooth ride snapshot/repairs. Stock gun, I absolutely loved. Being able to fire every 3.96 seconds with 219 pen and amazing handling was scary as hell while I had it. Once I upgraded to the top gun, I DID lose some DPM, but the gun handling increased further, shell velocity greatly enhanced, and it has a much more competitive profile.

VooDooKobra #5 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 10079 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostDhizi, on Oct 27 2019 - 04:39, said:

Here's from my view, since I own the tank and played it fully from stock to top.

You don't need the upgraded radio, stock radio is 100% great and saves you some weight.

Tracks researched first. Then the Turret. Then, you have the option -- If you enjoy and can perform well with the stock gun, go for the engine. But if you want the harder hitting, higher-penetration gun, go for it, instead.

Vents, Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer for equipment IF you have Brothers in Arms and Situational Awareness and are willing to run Food. This, ONCE YOU GET THE TURRET, will put your view range at 447 (over the view cap). The gun handling on the Type 61 with Vertical stabilizer and vents with a BiA crew and food is INSANELY good!

Rammer, Vents, Coated Optics IF you don't have a crew with BiA/Situational awareness and you won't run food. You won't have nearly as amazing gun handling, but view range is very important in upper tiers to counter viewrange-edge snipers and to be competitive in spotting dangerous tanks.

Personally, I researched the tracks, turret, engine, then top gun. I have researched the radio as well, but I keep the stock one mounted because it already offers exceptional radio range and a lower weight. I run Vertical Stabilizer, Vents, and Rammer, have a top-tier crew with BiA/Situational Awareness/Camo/Smooth ride snapshot/repairs. Stock gun, I absolutely loved. Being able to fire every 3.96 seconds with 219 pen and amazing handling was scary as hell while I had it. Once I upgraded to the top gun, I DID lose some DPM, but the gun handling increased further, shell velocity greatly enhanced, and it has a much more competitive profile.

good points, never thought about keeping the stock radio though.  i do agree that this was one of the few stock guns i actually did not hate using

Dhizi #6 Posted Oct 27 2019 - 19:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Oct 27 2019 - 12:20, said:

good points, never thought about keeping the stock radio though.  i do agree that this was one of the few stock guns i actually did not hate using

Yeah. All you get from the radio is 30 extra range and it adds weight to the vehicle. It's essentially a waste of almost 10k XP for nothing. Isn't even used on another vehicle!

My_Name_Is_Nobody_ #7 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 23:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7133 battles
Uggh.  Type 61 has BY FAR the worst gun elevation of all tier 9 meds, and BY FAR the worst concealment.  =(

Also tagged with Japanese, medium, tank, type 61

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users