How do you like ranked so far?

ranked tier 10

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you like ranked so far? (128 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you like it 5 best, 1 worse

1. 1 (47 votes [36.72%])

Percentage of vote: 36.72%

2. 2 (26 votes [20.31%])

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

3. 3 (23 votes [17.97%])

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

4. 4 (22 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

5. 5 (10 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

Vote Hide poll

Atragon #41 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 12:51

Major

• Players
  • 44413 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

Last night was a camp fest. Wheelies had their day and caused teams to waste ammo. Too many reward tanks last night made me do too much retreating as the reward tanks are going to places mediums usually go. 

Also, on 100% of my teams last night I got cuaght as the only tank going into the city at Lakeville for 100% losses on that map last night.

I think this season ranked is a Crap show for nicer terms but I may grind through it. Its also costing too much credits.

THE LIMITED MAP ROTATION ALSO SUCKS!!!!!

comradekillshot #42 Posted Oct 30 2019 - 18:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20044 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Post_____Alpharius, on Oct 30 2019 - 04:51, said:

Bad players don't enjoy a competitive game mode, color me surprised.

ahhh yes because everyone should dedicate hours and hours a week to be the best at a video game. Am I the only person in this game that isnt some try hard nerd and just wants people to have fun? I mean I quit playing for a LONG time and got back into the game a few months ago. I was too late to get into the Frontline and win some tanks so I was very excited about Ranked mode. But when its unplayable and not fun its just a disappointment. Not to mention I blew 40 bucks on gold to retrain crews and really try and set myself up for success, just to be the victim of RNG.

Da_Craw #43 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 16:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 28068 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Oct 30 2019 - 11:32, said:

ahhh yes because everyone should dedicate hours and hours a week to be the best at a video game. Am I the only person in this game that isnt some try hard nerd and just wants people to have fun? I mean I quit playing for a LONG time and got back into the game a few months ago. I was too late to get into the Frontline and win some tanks so I was very excited about Ranked mode. But when its unplayable and not fun its just a disappointment. Not to mention I blew 40 bucks on gold to retrain crews and really try and set myself up for success, just to be the victim of RNG.

Wait...you are upset that ranked battles are populated by "tryhard nerds" who want to win?  What, exactly, did you think the mode was going to be?  10 battles in and I got the validation I needed.  I am average at best at tanks and it was confirmed.  In a way, it was reassuring.  My inability to achieve better results is not because of some failure to spend money or some other conspiracy.  I didn't get pwned by reward tanks.  I got pwned by EVERY tank in the hand of better players.  I'm going to finish at least 20 games to see what the result is and then I'm going back to T8 pubs where I can get away with sloppy play.

comradekillshot #44 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20044 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostDa_Craw, on Oct 31 2019 - 16:48, said:

Wait...you are upset that ranked battles are populated by "tryhard nerds" who want to win?  What, exactly, did you think the mode was going to be?  10 battles in and I got the validation I needed.  I am average at best at tanks and it was confirmed.  In a way, it was reassuring.  My inability to achieve better results is not because of some failure to spend money or some other conspiracy.  I didn't get pwned by reward tanks.  I got pwned by EVERY tank in the hand of better players.  I'm going to finish at least 20 games to see what the result is and then I'm going back to T8 pubs where I can get away with sloppy play.

Im mad that wargaming constantly runs a bunch of its rewards for pay to win players and uni players. Now it comes out that they didn't even have the time to finish the Halloween event. I would much rather have that event then these ranked battles. And if you are struggling against all other tanks then I dunno man, perhaps wargaming should implement and spend time on fun game modes that EVERYONE can enjoy. As far as the reward tanks, yes they are op, as [edited], anyone who takes 10 minutes looking at armor ratings and penetration possibilities on tanks.gg knows that. This event should be only for tech tree vehicles. Global win ratings on the "OP" tanks proves they are OP. If they want to keep them in pubs, im cool with that, dealing with them constantly is [edited].  

The playerbase of this game isn't in trouble but has drastically declined since the days of tier 4 lights running against tier 8s. The game needs game modes, that are nearly always able to be played, either one or different ones, that all players can play. People drop this game because the grind of pubs gets annoying and the only other game mode that is normally available are skirmishes, which is essentially tank companies so its been around forever as well. Other game modes break up the tedious [edited]grind that are pub games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is essentially ranked mode.

If you win percent is equal to or under 50%, sorry, your loss rate will consistently knock you back faster/equal to your ability to move forward. Any win rate higher than 50% means you will progress at a rate that is the difference between your win rate and 50%. So lets say the event lasts forever, were going to take the variable time and move it to the limit of infinity, as long as your win rate stays the same, your progression will stop where your win percent is. So if your win rate is 55% you will make it 55% to the end of the ranked chevron levels before you become stuck and can no longer progress. The speed at which you reach this level would be described as the difference between 50% and your win percent. So if you have an 80% win rate, you will progress much more quickly than someone with a 51% win rate. If you could not lose chevrons this game mode would be fine, it would actually be good! This way anyone could eventually grind out and get a free tank and it would still be 100s of battles and cost hundreds of thousands if not millions of credits. Wargaming makes their money on premium consumables and ammo and the player base can actually get a free tank. But for some reason we cant have that, we cant let normal players have even the ability to get a "Free" high tier tank. Technically its far from free because it costs a ton of time and credits, but your getting it for just playing the game. We need more game modes and we need to make things for players other than the 1337 people who live, breathe, and sleep WOT.

And of course i understand that eventually people will make it to the end because individual win rates in tanks plays a part and as long as chevrons are added you can eventually reach it. But overall this game mode is a stat night mare. It would be like losing xp in pub games where you lose.

Edited by comradekillshot, Oct 31 2019 - 18:27.

comradekillshot #45 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 13:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20044 battles
  • [IRE] IRE
Last night I didn't touch ranked battles and my game experience was drastically better. The chevron lose system should be removed and it would be much better.

Blackstone #46 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 13:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 22159 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

High risk, little reward.

meh.

seanwilcox337 #47 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 11855 battles
  • [STL99] STL99
Played 14 games tonight and I have drum roll please...... 1! That's right, 1 chevron!. Got slammed by gold ammo, constant 500s-1000s from artillery and the meta of being spotted and suddenly all your HP is gone is back. It's impossible to play heavies because of artillery, it's impossible to play mediums because of everything else, and it's impossible to play a slow tank because on the off chance your team does do good you have no oppertunity to help at all. Russian mediums dominate because of their stupid armor and massive alpha damage, and teams are constantly split with two of three players going one way and the other 13 going the other. The main problem is that the performance is based on the team, not yourself. there is no way to get rewarded if everyone around you [edited]their pants. Not to mention RNG basically decides who wins, I can aim perfect shots at weak pointsa nd they'll miss and all the russian heavies or high-calibre mediums have to do is aim at my general postal code and click and the hand of [edited]stalin reaches up out of hell and slams their shot into my ammo rack. Ranked is terrible, a waste of [edited]time.

InquisitorSomme #48 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 13:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3248 battles

View Postcomradekillshot, on Oct 30 2019 - 18:32, said:

The mode is Ranked Battles. Did you not expect people to try, especially in their expensive Tier X tanks, to win at all costs? How were you the only one 'victimized' by the RNG? 

Little_Creeper #49 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 5718 battles
I'm liking it a bit more now that a lot of the better players have moved up.  Fewer Chiefs and 279s now in div 3 at least.

Atragon #50 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 44413 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
Still Chieftans and 279e's rule the day in Div 1. Hopefully it will change. Made very little progress last night.

comradekillshot #51 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20044 battles
  • [IRE] IRE
I played Ranked Battles for 3 days after it came out, made this poll, and I haven't touched Ranked battles since then. My experience continues to be better in pubs than the Ranked Battles I played. It just boring to do nothing but grind pubs. 

24cups #52 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 24689 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I hoped to play it more on the weekend but they shut it down for a few hours.  Kinda dumb.
Have enjoyed the limited time I have played it.

spud_tuber #53 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 59655 battles

View Post_____Alpharius, on Oct 29 2019 - 21:51, said:

Bad players don't enjoy a competitive game mode, color me surprised.

Had you on a team in RB last night.  You were requesting allies stop dying in third person, which is why I remembered it.  IIRC, I was the one who died that triggered your request.

Revoc_cn #54 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 22:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 9679 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
Too much exp for a kill,  the top one in a losing team should not get a chevron, and only the bottom 3 in a winning team should not receive the chevron. Fix these three problems and this game mode should be fine. Now? you can always see 8 idiots could not win 3 opponents just because everyone is waiting for a kill and never be willing to make any move to break through the stupid camp. And the guy designed the role exp system surely haven't played any game in 4005 or all the 'light attacking' tanks. Please just let him fetch some coffee and play this game for 10k games with a 8000 PR before he can do crapto the system.

Old_9_Finger_Pete #55 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 03:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32789 battles
I've wallowed between 4 and 5+ for three days now. I'm not good enough, so I'm not wasting more time or silver on it. I do think I picked up a few tricks while playing that will help me in Pubs, but the reward isn't worth the effort for this average player. Good luck to those of you who carry on!

Also tagged with ranked, tier, 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users