Higher Tiers is not for average FTP players.

gameplay balance economy PTP

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #41 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 16:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3134 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 24 2019 - 03:21, said:

Good crews are nice to have, but they are not the AMAZING difference that you claim. A couple of skills makes a crew quite viable.

Memory was fuzzy, so I went in and checked.  Most of my crews haven't fully trained a skill/perk yet, aside from the commander.  (A lot of them never got to 100% proficiency.)  I have a handful of gift crew members that I pumped up to 2 skills with free XP for the 4 vehicles I used for Frontline. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 25 2019 - 02:46.

ethics_gradient #42 Posted Dec 02 2019 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 42372 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 24 2019 - 10:24, said:

Memory was fuzzy, so I went in and checked.  Most of my crews haven't fully trained a skill/perk yet, aside from the commander.  (A lot of them never got to 100% proficiency.)  I have a handful of gift crew members that I pumped up to 2 skills with free XP for the 4 vehicles I used for Frontline. 

I think you have been doing it wrong.  No reason to move up the tiers too quickly.  Get those crews trained before moving up tiers.

Jhuderis #43 Posted Dec 02 2019 - 21:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6420 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Crew training time is the only thing that feels grindy to me and it's mostly getting 6th sense, since I pay for 100% crews whenever I think I'm going to spend real time in the tank. The 75%-100% feels quite long to achieve baseline proficiency with the tank. I know it's part of the monetization strategy, but I think 100% crews should be for silver. Crew books offer paid skill progression, which is more the icing than the cake imho (6th sense notwithstanding). 

This game is a bit of an outlier for what "progression" is and I don't think, based on experiences with other games, that they've made it "feel" very great, especially at lower tiers. Getting your tank bits is pretty quick at first and I completely understand that grinding a tier 9 or 10 vehicle research-wise should take a while, just like how grinding a max level rpg character can take some days of playing. Where they lose me a bit is in the "my crew doesn't move up when I get new tanks". Normally, your character out-levels their current gear and has to get new gear (tanks/equipment) to take on new challenges. In this game, the fact that you unlock a new tank and then have to essentially "level new characters" is what throws me off in the feels. I would love to be able to invest time in a crew and not have them "forget" how to operate the tanks they trained up on. 

Of course, this is all about my emotional reaction to the way the game progresses. WG has a magic monetization strategy, otherwise they wouldn't consistently be in the list of top per-player income, so really everything above is moot from a game dev pov. They make lots of money and don't really need to change things unless they feel it will increase overall revenues, not decrease it for feels. 

21Blackjack #44 Posted Dec 03 2019 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 20901 battles

View Post0megaZer0, on Oct 30 2019 - 15:36, said:

As you make your way to past tier 6. WoT takes a steep incline to get to the higher tiers at a reasonable speed even if you play your heart out and be the hero of the day in a match. WoT doesn't reward FTP for their skill and hard work to win. This is the reality of the game. Progression can be made, but at a slower than a snells speed. Even by completing Missions and have active credit, XP Boosters on. It will take you 72 hours of nonstop gameplay or more depending on how well your matches go. If you feel that this is grimdark. That's because it is. Asks any WoT community contributor and they will agree and because of WG they try their hardest (god bless them) to give pro tips and tricks to alleviate these fundamental overall flaws that all WG games have. They are too greedy to have actual fun to progress and play the game and experience all the tanks in the game for FTP players. If you remain to play this game and manage to power on through to higher tiers without dropping a dime. You will know that isn't worth it. For those that want to know what it's like for FTP players without any boosters or premium time on a 4x event from an average to slightly above the player at their 9 with one of the biggest guns in the game doing extremely well in a game.

A picture is worth a thousand words and this what to expect from WG in all their games. Best of luck to you.Screenshotsadness.jpg

I would say none of the game is for FTP players.  Any longtime player can come in with his rare premium tank and 4+ skill crew and obliterate everyone in any tier.  It's straight up pay to win game now.  Pay for the best rounds, pay for the best tanks, pay for the best crews.  I mean sure you could have played the last 10 years and earned most if it, but some guy can come in, drop $1000 and beat up anyone within the same skill level, and give more of a headache to the unicums who are used to dealing with FTP players with no titanium armor russian premiums.

Captain_Rownd #45 Posted Dec 12 2019 - 08:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3134 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Dec 02 2019 - 09:29, said:

I think you have been doing it wrong.  No reason to move up the tiers too quickly.  Get those crews trained before moving up tiers.

I never even got to Tier 7 in the couple years I was playing, so I wasn't going too quickly.  I sucked in Tier 6 so I never made enough XP to get any further, and since I don't earn much XP above Tier IV my crews don't ever finish skills. 

Also tagged with gameplay, balance, economy, PTP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users