Higher Tiers is not for average FTP players.

gameplay balance economy PTP

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

uberdice #21 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 27540 battles

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Oct 31 2019 - 19:21, said:

Yes is frustrating that if you don't want to spend real money you chances of being very good at the game are lower than someone who is willing to pay $30-70 approx for a premium tank and of course buying credits so they can use the premium rounds only (yes if you have money and can buy the premium tanks it won't make you a better player either only time in the game does).  For me I see the spending of real money on a game where once they pull the power cord out of the wall, I have nothing (yes memories of great battles, horrible blowouts/shutouts and being told to uninstall/go away/you suck/idiot/moron - you know the list).

Not paying anything to play the game is perfectly fine, but your reasoning for that is baffling.

Why pay to go to the movies if you don't get to keep the movie?

Why pay for nice food or beer when it all just comes out the other end?

Why pay to go on an overseas holiday if you don't get to keep the beach?

1ST_AD_Abrams #22 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 10:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5691 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well overseas holiday would always be something if you have the money to pay.  You are not paying for a virtual item.  You are paying airfare, for eating, transportation, lodging, reminders and so on and this is something you will remember via pictures and video's, unlike WoT where sure you can have the replays but just isn't the same as this is not something the you can commonly share vs a vacation overseas.

The in and out concept that one I do agree.  Can' they just strip the food of anything that is going to be a waste by-product, but give it taste of course, would be great, but sadly that can't happen.

I no longer go to the movies.  Too much noise, too many people telling their friend they are sitting next too about who is who or what is going to happen, popcorn and other sticky stuff on the floor, everyone laughing at a comment and so by the time they aren't laughing you have missed some of the dialog, you overpay for any food or drink, you could be squished in, into uncomfortable seating and so on, so I won't pay for a movie as it isn't enjoyable, just wait for it to come out on disc instead.

It is like other games where you can pay money to get virtual/non-tangible things that many will not be able to relate to, since lets say facebook, it isn't made up of just gamers or if it is then this comment can't apply.

Actually I think WG decides what to put in the care packages.  Beyond that Amazon and the companies they work deals with is not something that Amazon goes into great detail into who really decides the final package/reward, since I think WG would allow them to give out the top of the premium tanks -3, 5, 7 of them (not tiers) each care package, so WG does have a say in the input.

Great to take them for a ride.  Playing hundreds or thousands of games in one, well the only tank you can really do that in is the King Tiger ©.  Even with 14 days I still want to work on my other tanks back in the Tier iv-vi range, and of course on the promos they are offering (missions/rewards/etc).  The first day I took out the Tier 8 Heavy British Caenaveron (sp/) AX I was doing, you know I hate to say things like this, but pretty darn good, avg at times 2-3 kills per match, then the next day I was blanked, so it goes both ways in a way.  Now if they were to save these tanks for when you have other tanks at Tier VIII, I would assume you have maybe enough skill to try those premium tanks out.  However 14 days starts the minute you activate the loot from Amazon/Twitch so hey ya got to use them or you are just throwing money away with Twitch.  If the community has issues with that, then they need to say something to WG and Twitch about how unskilled, newbies, free-to-play, idiots, morons, and other colorful names are ruining the fun for the community and can't they find a more useful way to give things to twitch prime members.

In many ways I actually would prefer they keep the premium tanks to your highest researched tier and the nation and tank type.  So if I am on a medium tank, tier 5, Brit, then find another brit mt tier 5 to do the 14 days and give them a voucher that will only be redeemable for that tier and class, but this is just an idea.  I would probably want the gold, credits, bonds, boosters, free research and of course WoT Premium days.

dunniteowl #23 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 15:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

To the OP:

FTPP 100% of the way.  I didn't reach past tier VI at this point (even though I have won three tier VIIIs I think it is) and never had a problem.

However (and this is to the person that said FTPs would somehow run up to tier X) FTPPs are NOT going to RUSH their way up ANYTHING, you dig me?  You CAN'T, because you don't Pay to Ease the Grind.  It IS that simple.

When I get reconnected to WoT (The WGC prevents me from playing now with Torrents that my ISP will not allow) I will continue to play and slowly advance.  I have seen some FTPPs running above me in tiers and they all have something in common -- game longevity.  You won't see a one year or two year FTPP sitting at Tier X and they CERTAINLY won't be spamming gold as the OPs picture indicates.  11 Shots and running highly negative?  That's got to be the #2 Key service charge.

And, as I am a FTPP, I'm a cheap bastid.  I don't load very much of the Special Ammo, just about 5% max of my load out for those moments when nothing else will do.  I do the same with a few HE shells for the same reason.  Cap reset, tracking an unpennable opponent to make my escape, that sort of thing.

These tactics, as someone else mentioned, don't really change other than the timing of them.  The damage numbers are higher, but so are the HP Health Pools and while the penetration values are higher, so are the armor thicknesses.  Everything changes tempo, but the tactics, techniques and tricks one would use against their opponents are really not functionally different.

As KrzyBoop mentions also: Tier X is supposed to be a credit drain in order to encourage End Game players (if you could call Tier X an "end" in any real sense of the word for this game) to drop down a few tiers (like VI to VIII) to fill the queues and keep people in lower tiers playing with plenty of folks.

I was never in a hurry to reach tier X.  I was in a hurry to get to tier V, though and I think it cost me a lot of valuable learning time.

As an "average" FTPP, I am pretty sure I would not fare all that wonderfully at tier X.  However, once I get there, I can pretty safely wager that, while I might not make credits, I'll be able to hold my own.  And that would be ENOUGH for me as a FTPP, being able to stand toe-to-toe with Premium and More Experienced Players at tier X.  In fact, other than the aforementioned costs and timing differences, I'm already doing that against Premium and More Experienced Players in the tiers I play.

I don't play this game to get to tier X.  I play this game, because it's FUN!  I have managed, for some odd reason, to have FUN at each tier I played.  Go figure.

NOT ONE PENNY SPENT IN FIVE+ YEARS and doing alright.  FTPP players do reach tier ten, but they don't break any speed records to get there -- they can't.  Even with Boosters (of which I have plenty and use them regularly -- or did before October 23rd after the first update with the WGC installed) running, the earnings do roll in a bit slower than with Premium and doing that.  I did mention, though, that I'm a cheap bastid, so I save a lot of my credits and build up stockpiles so I can maximize the discount sales on Modules, Consumables, Equipment and such.  I'm happy to play the game at any tier, though right now, my favored place is pretty much where I am, Tiers IV -- VI.

I spend my time there enjoying the game and still learning more about how to do well against my opponents.  If I do reach tier X, it will be from having both the time and inclination to get there.  Right now, the ONLY inducement for me to go up higher is Front Line and Grand Battles, both of which carry a 'warning' on my screen that they use More Resources on my computer and I might experience reduced performance.

Well, at 11 fps on SD settings with lowest possible details in regular play, that doesn't sound like something I'm remotely in a hurry to have.  So until I get a new computer made in this decade instead of 2010 (my computer now) I am 'locked out' by my own potato technology past tier VI, where the amount of missing data is too great for me to properly adjust to during play.  It's a slideshow most times for me.  That sounds even less fun at higher tiers and in those special modes that require 'more' from my computer than it can deliver.  Another reason for me to not be in a hurry.

I suggest you hang in there and be okay with not playing tier X all the time.

Allow me to pelt you with some questions that I don't expect you to answer here or to anyone other than yourself:

Was the game less fun below Tier X?  Are you having fun now at Tier X?  Do you think you could have fun by dropping down and playing below tier X?

Just think about it.  We're supposed to be having fun and if we're not, maybe it's less the 'game's fault' or the 'developers' fault' and more due to the level of expectation one carries with them as they make their way forward?

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Nov 12 2019 - 15:43.

ethics_gradient #24 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 42859 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

For what it's worth, I'm a free to play player for the most part.  In the past, I have paid for a month of premium here and there, but I haven't done so in years.  I don't generally do boosters, 'cause I run out of them often.  I only use them for a big push to fully upgrade a new tank.  So here are my suggestions for how to enjoy the game:

1. Each Battle Is Fun.  Consider that each battle that you play, in itself, should be fun.  Don't play battles as a means to an end.  Instead, the battle itself should be the end, and try to learn and do the best that you can.  If you play long enough, you will eventually accumulate enough experience to get to the next tier.  For example, I love my Skoda 50.  I've played it often enough that I have painlessly researched the TVP, though it was not my goal.  Same with my T29 -- I've researched the T32 without even trying.

2. Manage Your Money.  You need to have a moneymaker to support a Tier IX/X habit, or play the high tiers well.  Before I bought any premium tanks, my Stug III was my moneymaker.  I would earn about 15k credits per battle.  As you can see from my totals, I played the Stug III a LOT.  The Type 59 replaced the Stug III as my moneymaker, and it used to print money.  Now, my e25 is reliable to generate cash when I need it.  So I'll generally play a bunch of battled in my e25, and then a few Tier IX battles, and a few X's.  

3.  WoT Has to Make Money.  If you get impatient, especially getting from IX to X, then buying a month of premium is a fair deal.  Given how many hours I've played for free, I haven't minded paying WoT in the past.  You should do the same.

Captain_Rownd #25 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 23:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Nov 12 2019 - 08:02, said:

1. Each Battle Is Fun.  Consider that each battle that you play, in itself, should be fun. 

LOL, wrong game.  Frontline can be fun sometimes, but World of Corridors Random Battles are never fun.  (why do randoms still exist?)  The graphics are beautiful, and the vehicle models are interesting, but the game is entirely a sealclubbing and bushcamping grind dominated by older players with massive crew skill advantages and meta vehicles.  Roll out, get deleted, 200XP, reload, roll out, get deleted, 200XP, etc, occasionally buy an upgrade and do it again.

Mr_BushyBeard #26 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 23:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3588 battles
IMHO I find this game to be most fun at tiers 5-8, though 6&7 are really the sweet spot. Just enough dumb moments and just enough good play(ers). As well the atmosphere is just slightly less toxic enough to enjoy leaving chat on. 

Mr_BushyBeard #27 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 23:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3588 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 18 2019 - 14:15, said:

LOL, wrong game.  Frontline can be fun sometimes, but World of Corridors Random Battles are never fun.  (why do randoms still exist?)  The graphics are beautiful, and the vehicle models are interesting, but the game is entirely a sealclubbing and bushcamping grind dominated by older players with massive crew skill advantages and meta vehicles.  Roll out, get deleted, 200XP, reload, roll out, get deleted, 200XP, etc, occasionally buy an upgrade and do it again.

I agree. My main worry about Frontline became a reality; it’s now a bunch of screaming crybabies because there is an actual reward, and it’s no longer novel and kind of boring. 

Captain_Rownd #28 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 00:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Nov 18 2019 - 12:29, said:

I agree. My main worry about Frontline became a reality; it’s now a bunch of screaming crybabies because there is an actual reward, and it’s no longer novel and kind of boring. 

Frontline is superior because it isn't World of Corridors.  You can actually move and flank (to some extent) on those large maps, and the action gets really crazy, instead of the standard Randoms practice of boring camping bush or boring corner fighting the whole battle.  Unfortunately all the new premiums started to dominate Frontline this year so I even lost enthusiasm for that.  :/  Logged in for the first time since April or March to get a few more Frontlines in before the rentals I bought for it a year ago finally expire. 

Captain_Rownd #29 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 01:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 18 2019 - 13:09, said:

Frontline is superior because it isn't World of Corridors.  You can actually move and flank (to some extent) on those large maps, and the action gets really crazy, instead of the standard Randoms practice of boring camping bush or boring corner fighting the whole battle.  Unfortunately all the new premiums started to dominate Frontline this year so I even lost enthusiasm for that.  :/  Logged in for the first time since April or March to get a few more Frontlines in before the rentals I bought for it a year ago finally expire. 

LOL, I can't even play Frontline well anymore.  I had ZERO damage until my 4th tank/deployment!  Nobody was defending, and the attackers were just rolling across the map in a mob deleting everything.  I guess I'll just have to load HE out of the gate and YOLO into the caps. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 19 2019 - 01:37.

ethics_gradient #30 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 42859 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 18 2019 - 17:15, said:

I only play random pubbies these days.  I used to play tons of clan wars and tank battles, but not anymore.  You just need to learn and you haven't played enough yet.

Captain_Rownd #31 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 22:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:04, said:

You just need to learn and you haven't played enough yet.

I've been playing for 3 years.  Thousands of battles.  In fact, my win rate got a lot worse the longer I played and the more I tried, when it stayed solidly below 40% I had to quit.  The problem is the crew advantages of the older players and the number of pay-to-win premiums just get larger over time.

Captain_Rownd #32 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 01:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 18 2019 - 14:36, said:

LOL, I can't even play Frontline well anymore.  I had ZERO damage until my 4th tank/deployment!  Nobody was defending, and the attackers were just rolling across the map in a mob deleting everything.  I guess I'll just have to load HE out of the gate and YOLO into the caps. 

Even more LOL.  I just got out of a Frontline where I solo-capped 2 caps and came at the top of our team as rank Major, with only 1888 damage.  It's the first time I've managed to get to Major so far.  I'm almost always finish in the bottom quarter of the team, but this team was so abysmally terribad that I was ranked King of the Dorks. 

ethics_gradient #33 Posted Nov 22 2019 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 42859 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 20 2019 - 16:56, said:

I've been playing for 3 years.  Thousands of battles.  In fact, my win rate got a lot worse the longer I played and the more I tried, when it stayed solidly below 40% I had to quit.  The problem is the crew advantages of the older players and the number of pay-to-win premiums just get larger over time.

It appears that you've played about 3k battles.  It takes about 5k battles to get the hang of the game, and about 10k battles to become reasonably proficient.  This learning curve can be accelerated a bit if you're in a teaching clan or if you study youtube videos.  

Captain_Rownd #34 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 06:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Nov 22 2019 - 05:28, said:

It appears that you've played about 3k battles.  It takes about 5k battles to get the hang of the game, and about 10k battles to become reasonably proficient. 

Take a moment to think carefully about what you're saying there.  5000 battles just "to get the hang of the game".  5 0 0 0  That's insane.  It's bad enough that I spent 3000 battles of my life watching my impotent pixel tanks get deleted by no-lifers with 5 skill crews and whatever the OP premium vehicle of the day is.  I enjoyed the graphics and the collecting aspect of the tech trees for a while, but eventually the never ending theme of "one shot of damage and deleted" got boring. 

But really it isn't about "getting the hang of the game".  That happens quite early on. What takes thousands of battles is accumulating the multi-skilled crews that make it possible to move up in the Tanks pecking order.  That's how the game makes its money - people suffering their way up the pecking order, occasionally shelling out money to make it easier.  The more painful it is, the more money they make.  But you can never enjoy as many advantages as people who've been in the game even longer than you, so the treadmill of futility never stops.  I'm as guilty of Pay to Win as anyone - I spent hundreds of $ to "get ahead" those two years I was playing.  (hard to imagine how much more painful it would have been without that)  Then eventually I realized it just doesn't get better, and no matter how much time I put into it I was always just going to be a punching bag everyone who had been around longer. 

dunniteowl #35 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Please take the time to read this through without any attempt to 'answer,' 'explain,' or 'provide reasons' to negate this message.  Instead of arguing with me, reflect on this message as a means to improving your own situations.

I am a Free To Play Pubbie.  I have not spent ONE PENNY on this game.  I have a Wireless Rural Internet Connection.  My computer was made in 2010 and is a Potato of Magnitude with 6G RAM, shared with the Video Chip.  Between the connection and the computer, I get to play at lowest quality SD settings at around 11 Frames Per Second.  I started the first 7months of the game with a better laptop and at that time I got around 21 fps, though everything else was the same.  I actually have been playing BETTER on my older freebie laptop than I was on my first computer.

That is all preamble to inform you that we each have our 'hills to climb' and nothing outside of you can stop you if you choose to not allow it to do so.

I want to show you something.  This is just for the sake of providing some context to the things I have been saying about perceptions and how it works.  Please don't take this as an indictment in any way.  It just happens to be a very good and available quote to use as an illustration.  Please bear that in mind.

I'm going to highlight some words and phrases in your quoted post and then, following that, I will, once again, make mention of my view on what helps or hinders a player -- in their own head.  This is only meant to illustrate what I have been attempting to get across to many players in your same situation.

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 22 2019 - 23:43, said:

Take a moment to think carefully about what you're saying there.  5000 battles just "to get the hang of the game".  5 0 0 0  That's insane.  It's bad enough that I spent 3000 battles of my life watching my impotent pixel tanks get deleted by no-lifers with 5 skill crews and whatever the OP premium vehicle of the day isI enjoyed the graphics and the collecting aspect of the tech trees for a while, but eventually the never ending theme of "one shot of damage and deleted" got boring

But really it isn't about "getting the hang of the game".  That happens quite early on. What takes thousands of battles is accumulating the multi-skilled crews that make it possible to move up in the Tanks pecking order.  That's how the game makes its money - people suffering their way up the pecking order, occasionally shelling out money to make it easier.  The more painful it is, the more money they make.  But you can never enjoy as many advantages as people who've been in the game even longer than you, so the treadmill of futility never stops.  I'm as guilty of Pay to Win as anyone - I spent hundreds of $ to "get ahead" those two years I was playing.  (hard to imagine how much more painful it would have been without that)  Then eventually I realized it just doesn't get better, and no matter how much time I put into it I was always just going to be a punching bag everyone who had been around longer. 

In that highlighting and bolding you have ONE, just ONE thing that is a positively aspected perception.  ONE.  Every single one of the rest of the bolded and highlighted sections include Negatively Aspected perceptions.  You can easily see what I mean by examining the color shaded sections where the negative or positive point is written.

Nearly every one of the underlined portions of your post are Externalized Negatives that GIVE UP YOUR AGENCY in the game entirely.  In this I mean, that by focusing on external reasons for you not ever being able to succeed, do well or be anything other than someone else's Victim, you are programming yourself to FAIL.

You are frustrated, not bored.  Though I would imagine for most folks it amounts to pretty much the same thing.  Being bored is an indication of no longer caring or believing paying attention will make any difference in your outcomes.  Bored, because not willing to believe in yourself.  Frustrated becomes bored over time, because internally you have GIVEN UP ON YOURSELF.

Again, please understand that I am not using YOU or YOURSELF in a specific, talking to just the quoted poster sort of way.  It is a BASIC, GENERAL, ANYONE WHO SPEAKS/WRITES IN THIS MANNER SORT OF PLURAL "YOU."  This is important, because I am NOT picking on a person, I am attempting to illustrate a point I have been making on these forums for at least three years of my five years here.  

When you use language that externalizes WHY you can't have, do or be something it is a lack of belief that you have any control over your situation or fate.  When it negativizes the experience all the way around, it literally screams, "I'm a Victim of outside forces, so what's the use?"  In short, this is a demoralizing set of statements that the person speaking them uses to program themselves into believing, "Nothing can be done about it, it's out of my control."

How can one possibly ever hope to succeed at a task when that person already believes themself to be unable to make a difference?  How?

In short, the act of giving up in one's mind is literally a "Get Out of Effort, Free," card, allowing one to not have to do anything in order to change that situation, because one is already convinced that, "... I was always just going to be a punching bag...?"  By definition a Punching Bag is an object that has absolutely NO CONTROL over what happens to it.  It just waits to be struck again and again and only responds by bobbing a bit until it is hit again.

Is this sort of negative thinking helpful to anyone, ever?

I see these sorts of responses time and time again when I suggest someone read and take the time to LEARN from

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

Why, oh WHY would I promote a more positive attitude and a willingness to invest in one's own personal control in a game that simply cannot be overcome, by spending time learning the game?  Why would I do that?

Could it be for the reason that at one point in time I said pretty much the same things as being said by all the people I earnestly attempt to assist by encouragement and a redirection of one's mental focus?  Could it be for the reason that at one point I was ready to quit in frustration, because this game is NOT INTUITIVE and HARD TO MASTER?  Could it be, because I wasn't having FUN and this package of materials were the keys to my TAKING BACK MY CONTROL OF ME?

You be the judge in this matter. (Again, this is that "general plural everybody" YOU).

I was ready to quit at 6687 games played.  I was frustrated.  I felt like, no matter what I did, I was just going to get pawned by others.  I felt like there was just no way for me to ever gain parity or get an 'even break' from the game, the players, my connection, my computer, you name it, if it was part of the equation of getting into a game, I felt like all that took away any ability I had to direct and control my fate.

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1) enabled me to learn the game mechanics, understand what I didn't understand and to assist me in my growth as a player by KNOWING the rules of the game.

However, THAT package would not help me at all IF I WASN'T WILLING TO BELIEVE IN ME.  You ever take on a task you were sure you couldn't, but, what the hell, give it a shot anyway?  You ever succeed at it?  I have.  I have been in life and death situations many times, many of them of my own making by being a relatively impulsive and smart, though overconfident person.  I am still here.  Because I do believe in myself.

This game is just that, a game.  However, the way we approach a game from a mental perspective is indicative of the way we approach life and the world around us in general.  If this is not true for you (that general plural version) then what are you going to do about it?

Me?  I have been trained to counsel others having a rough go of things.  And, while she may be biased, my mother recently told me that I was the most optimistic person she ever knew.  And while *I* may be biased, I am one of the most optimistic people I know as well.

Even happy, optimistic people can get down on themselves.

So I gave me a good, stern talking to about how negative thinking leads to negative experiences and the only person responsible for how you feel and act is you.

I almost quit this game, because I wasn't having fun.  My stats were just below the server average and I wasn't improving.  I also felt that I couldn't do any better than I was, because, because, because -- of the negative wizard of Oz.  All my troubles were OUTSIDE and thus, out of my control.  So I didn't take the time to try to get better, I was, after all, "a decent player, not great, but..." and as all my issues were outside of me, I didn't NEED to improve as it was beyond my ability to make a difference.

REALLY?  Look at my stats now.  Sure, they're not great, but I've been slowly clawing my way up from a low of 47.4% or so until I achieved my personal best possible at 48.23% at 6687 matches.  I was ready to quit, because it wasn't that much fun being slightly below average.  I don't believe in all my life, other than say trying to play basketball, that I felt so obviously under-able to make a decent show of my skills.

To me, that was a very humbling gaming experience.

Post that 'good, stern talking to' I decided that, while all those external things were true in a relative sense: More experienced players, better equipment than I had, more cash/credits/gold to toss at things, RNG, MM, Platoons, Seal Clubbers, Gold Rounds, etc., THEY DID NOT DETERMINE MY ABILITY.  I get to do that.

You know what?  You get to determine that for you, too.

If YOU do not believe in YOU, then YOU will not do well at whatever it is that you do not believe In YOU enough to attempt to master.  I wonder if Leonardo Da Vinci was ever sitting in his studio saying, "Faugh!  I can't get this brush to do what I want!  It's too hard to paint easily, the canvas is too coarse!  These paints are just NOT the right color!  Aahhh, I give UP!"

Pretty sure he didn't.

If you take the time to review many of my posts to folks having a tough time, you will see that I am very open about how I see things.  I also am very strongly convinced that WE PROGRAM OURSELVES TO SUCCEED OR FAIL.  If we don't actively participate in our own improvement and development by engaging in negative and, quite honestly, self-defeating thinking, then THE WORLD WILL PROGRAM YOU FOR YOU.  As the world doesn't give two shakes of a lamb's tail about you, one way or the other, this means you literally are programming yourself via inaction to be a victim with no control over what happens.

Take Back Control of YOU!  Take the time to value YOU and YOUR TIME.  Take the time to learn what you must to improve.  Not for the sake of your stats.  Not for the sake of the game.  For YOUR SAKE, TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOU!

Then sit down and read The WoT Welcome Package (version 1) a little bit at a time and invest in your success.

Since that day I kicked myself in the butt and got aware of my negativized point of view, I have managed, through my positive attitude and LEARNING how the game works, I have maintained for over four years a pretty steady 53% WR that has brought me, over time to almost 51% ( I climbed at one point to 50.89%) by nothing more than being willing to do me and not let all those other OUTSIDE factors determine my fate in this game.

You can do the same.  Just Choose.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Nov 23 2019 - 16:43.

Captain_Rownd #36 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles
I'm not sure if you remember but I've been here for years, and you've posted lengthy replies like that several times.  You don't need to keep typing that much.  Every minute I've played in this game has made me more negative about it.  Every experience, except the first couple weeks of Frontline, has been an excruciating grind of pointless futility.  I tried hard.  I tried harder.  I tried to spot, I tried not to camp, I tried buffing my crew skills.  My win rate plummeted to 35% the harder I tried.  Honestly my win rate was much higher when I camped cap and stayed out of the battle, LOL.  Eventually I gave up.  With all the autoloaders in the game I can't even make a difference in Frontline anymore and gave up on that as well.  Just here to see the new Frontline map for the first time.  I enjoy the christmas decorations as well, so I'll decorate my tree and stuff a bit.  Maybe play a bit of Tier 2 and 3 where fewer people have outrageous crew advantages.  However, I have better things to do with my life than continue be someone else's target practice.  Tanks is dead to me.

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 24 2019 - 02:23.

dunniteowl #37 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 02:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Then do yourself and us a favor, QUIT.

If it ain't fun and you don't have to do it, aren't getting paid, laid or need to survive by it, then DON'T DO IT!   

Am I Right?  I'm right.

Just quit.  That way you don't get so negative and we don't have to read one more "I'm a VICTIM" tired rant from you.  Win win.

OvO

GollumsFish #38 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 09:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11880 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP

I've been taking a break from WoT myself and came back on for some casual sessions last week. But before that, I'd been a regular player for years. Don't even know how long ago I created my account, but it was back when the Chaffee, VK2801, T-50-2 were the only tier 5 scouts in the game and got put in Tier 10 games via special scout matchmaking. Kind of liked those days...

I've played a lot over the years and NEVER paid a dime for this game. FTP all the way.

Over time, I came to the conclusion that I just don't really care about Tiers 8-10. So I decided to just stop at Tiers 6 and 7. I've got a fleet of Tier 6 go-to tanks, a small handful of Tier 7s, and a Matilda I like taking out for occasional spins. And it's all fine. Tiers 6 and 7 seem to be the sweet spot in this game. Tier 5 is the last tier where you are guaranteed to make a profit - no matter how poorly you perform. But there's really too much noob-ish randomness in matches at Tier 5. By Tier 7, it's toned way down. And I've found that while you can loose money at Tiers 6 and 7 if you play poorly, you can also break even or earn money if you play decently. Not expert or unicum level - just decent. So, I'm not a great player, but I'm not a total tomato either. I'm getting by pretty comfortably at Tiers 6 and 7. And I have a HWK German light tank at Tier 8 that I got for free when WG changed the German light tech tree. Not the greatest tank ever, but it matches my playstyle and I like taking it out into the higher tier games occasionally. Reminds me of when I was in my Chaffee scouting in Tier 10 games.

And I don't really feel like I'm missing out by not going to Tier 8 with all of its power-crept  premium vehicles and broken game design. All the biggest balance problems with this game are basically after Tier 7. So staying at mid tiers, I can pretty much ignore that whole controversial mess.

GeorgePreddy #39 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Nov 23 2019 - 22:21, said:

I'm not sure if you remember but I've been here for years, and you've posted lengthy replies like that several times.  You don't need to keep typing that much.  Every minute I've played in this game has made me more negative about it.  Every experience, except the first couple weeks of Frontline, has been an excruciating grind of pointless futility.  I tried hard.  I tried harder.  I tried to spot, I tried not to camp, I tried buffing my crew skills.  My win rate plummeted to 35% the harder I tried.  Honestly my win rate was much higher when I camped cap and stayed out of the battle, LOL.  Eventually I gave up.  With all the autoloaders in the game I can't even make a difference in Frontline anymore and gave up on that as well.  Just here to see the new Frontline map for the first time.  I enjoy the christmas decorations as well, so I'll decorate my tree and stuff a bit.  Maybe play a bit of Tier 2 and 3 where fewer people have outrageous crew advantages.  However, I have better things to do with my life than continue be someone else's target practice.  Tanks is dead to me.

I believe it is possible that you may never get very good at this game because "attitude" has a lot to do with improving. You seem to have a "defeatist" attitude. Good crews are nice to have, but they are not the AMAZING difference that you claim. A couple of skills makes a crew quite viable.

Captain_Rownd #40 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 15:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3473 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 23 2019 - 15:27, said:

Then do yourself and us a favor, QUIT.

LOL, I did a long time ago. 

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 24 2019 - 03:21, said:

I believe it is possible that you may never get very good at this game because "attitude" has a lot to do with improving. You seem to have a "defeatist" attitude.

Incorrect.  My attitude was to go out and try to get it done, and always be a team player.  I diligently plugged away at it for a LONG time, getting deleted right and left like I was in a paper-thin volkswagen bus, and each time rolling back out to try again. 

Also tagged with gameplay, balance, economy, PTP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users