server restart server time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Troa_Barton #1 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 10:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

Can you please change the time of when you do server restarts to correspond to when the first victories reset? Ive got reserves ticking trying to get my first wins in before the "new day" and the server kicks me. Who thought it was a good idea to have this happen at different times? Very, very irritating.

I know we have one server spanning multiple time zones, I will argue that is not a good idea for a myriad of reasons.

Edited by Troa_Barton, Oct 31 2019 - 10:14.

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ #2 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 10:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38451 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6
Server resets always happen around the same time unless there is a special micropatch (in this case i think its the Halloween mode micropatch) it restarts at  a different time.

Troa_Barton #3 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 10:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

View Post_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_, on Oct 31 2019 - 10:12, said:

Server resets always happen around the same time unless there is a special micropatch (in this case i think its the Halloween mode micropatch) it restarts at  a different time.

Why do we even have downtime at all? For a patch that's one thing and again should be rolled out at the same time as the "new day reset".

Redundant servers offer more than just the safety of having a second one if the other goes down. They could restart one and migrate the users to the second server during a reset or a crash. You could even preload the update on one; have everyone on the other until its patch time, and have the game ready instantly server side waiting for people to finish the update.

You don't need everyone on the same server to be in the same match either.

Why is this acceptable? Fundamentally bothers me.

Edited by Troa_Barton, Oct 31 2019 - 10:22.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 11:29

Major

• Players
  • 25135 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Doing it at a different time would just make it a nuisance for someone else. Better to do it around 1-3am pst when most people are asleep (that'd be 4-6am est) any later and you risk catching people that are getting up to play before school/work and any earlier and they will be cutting people's late-night grinds short. 

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 12:00

Major

• Players
  • 73476 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

They patched something - Halloween maybe, maybe not.   I've seen November 8th mentioned a few times, but nothing official so maybe this weekend just as easily.

Checked EU support on a lark and found this (nothing on NA support) again folks this is from EU support NOT NA.

Not that that matters much, BUT no mention of "technical issues" so maybe it is Halloween.  But then again one would think it would say something along those lines.

But with WG when you do ferret out some info you still have to read between the lines.  And their lines often don't run straight or parallel.

Link to EU article, https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/hot-issues/10762/

File structure fits as the last patch prior was 1.6.1 _6.  

Block Quote

World of Tanks - Micropatch 1.6.1_7

Created 1 day ago

Dear Commanders,

The World of Tanks servers will be unavailable on 31.10.2019 from 05:00 – 05:45 CET due to this update.

Please also keep in mind, that due to the actualisation:

• Clan Portal will be unavailable from 05:00 CET 31.10.2019 till 05:45 CET 31.10.2019

Roll out!

Player Support

GWyatt #6 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 13:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4282 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

You are not understanding how patches and resets work, at some point your local client must be restarted to update it to match the version that the server is using. Moving you from one server to another as you have proposed, is still going to disconnect you from the game and your battle as your local client updates and restarts.

Server resets happen all the time, you may not notice them. My bank resets servers to on-line banking a couple of times a month. Where I worked, we would schedule resets on weekends in the off-hours to minimize the number of people impacted. Yet, there was always someone that was impacted; nothing you could do about that.

Also tagged with server restart, server, time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users