crash mods

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DaDoomTurtle #1 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 17:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16826 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

I wanted to see if anyone on forums could help me out before I sent a support ticket in, but recently, my game client crashes after launching, just freezing on the loading screen and closing the window. I figured out that it likely has something to do with my mods. I run the Mark of Excellence mod by Spoter to track my progress in-battle, as well as a blacklist mod. A couple people that I know who use the same mod had absolutely no problems with them. I tried updating the mods, but the problem persisted. I tried launching the game with each mod installed alone, but the game crashed, and figured out that my game will crash with if anything is in the mod folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the problem persisted. Launching in safe-mode worked, but I'm curious as to why nobody else had problems with the mod. I ran file integrity check in WG Center, but there was no improvement.

I don't want this to explode into a debate over if mods are good or bad, I just wondered if anyone has ideas about how I can solve this. I know the description is kind of vague. For the record, I got a few friends to install the same exact files, but it ran fine for them. I feel like my WoT folder has less folders and files than it used to from when I had it installed in 2017, so I was wondering if I was missing something. And yes, I checked and my mods have been installed correctly. Thank you  all in advance.

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 73569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Installed and reinstalled and the issue persists, but safe mode works. 

You'd think that would clear everything out, but if safe mode works I'm at a loss OP.   Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh in to help.

OP if you run a modpack most of them has an option to delete all previous versions and clear the DLC cache.  I know Aslain's does, so maybe see if that works.

Aslain's also has a mod cleaner in his modpack.  Other modpack authors might as well.

I think the integrity check bypasses mod folders and just checks vanilla files, but think is the key word.

Good luck.

Edit:  Afaik it shouldn't matter if you used his pack before or not.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Oct 31 2019 - 18:14.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 73569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP I don't know that this will help, but the only thing lost is it'll reset your settings.  So maybe worth a try.

But be advised it resets all game settings and will also clear all remember me login info for all accounts on the computer.  So if you or someone uses it and can't recall password and can't change it then don't do it.

Type %appdata% in your windows search bar.  It'll bring up a roaming folder.  Inside it will be a Wargaming folder.  Delete the World of Tanks folder inside of it.

Again it defaults your settings so if you do it you'll have to re-customize them.

Again good luck.

I just checked and there's also a WGC folder (I only installed it when they forced us to) as far as I know you can leave this intact. 

DaDoomTurtle #4 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16826 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 31 2019 - 12:08, said:

Installed and reinstalled and the issue persists, but safe mode works. 

You'd think that would clear everything out, but if safe mode works I'm at a loss OP.   Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh in to help.

OP if you run a modpack most of them has an option to delete all previous versions and clear the DLC cache.  I know Aslain's does, so maybe see if that works.

Aslain's also has a mod cleaner in his modpack.  Other modpack authors might as well.

I think the integrity check bypasses mod folders and just checks vanilla files, but think is the key word.

Good luck.

Edit:  Afaik it shouldn't matter if you used his pack before or not.

Yeah, I did the integrity check because I thought I was missing game files. It seems that the game will crash if there is anything in my mod folder. I'm not currently running any modpacks. The blacklist management mod is only one 9MB file that I have literally had no problems with for months. I know plenty of people who run it and they have no issue, and I've tested and confirmed that the problem is on my end. I'm just simply unable to run mods for whatever reason. I don't have Aslain's, and can't even get the game open. I might not have been clear, but as long as any mod is in the mod folder, my game will crash right after launch. I'm not even connecting to the server.

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 73569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDaDoomTurtle, on Oct 31 2019 - 13:22, said:

Yeah, I did the integrity check because I thought I was missing game files. It seems that the game will crash if there is anything in my mod folder. I'm not currently running any modpacks. The blacklist management mod is only one 9MB file that I have literally had no problems with for months. I know plenty of people who run it and they have no issue, and I've tested and confirmed that the problem is on my end. I'm just simply unable to run mods for whatever reason. I don't have Aslain's, and can't even get the game open. I might not have been clear, but as long as any mod is in the mod folder, my game will crash right after launch. I'm not even connecting to the server.

That's above my head.  Try running Aslain's as I don't think it matters if you installed his pack or not. 

Just leave everything unchecked and use the delete feature.  There are four things you can delete - choose them all.

If that doesn't work then he has a WoTs mod cleaner which is near the bottom of his modpack under outside apps or something similarly titled.

brianwbrian #6 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 20:23

Private

• Players
  • 53968 battles
framework update windows 10 try that and flashplayer update as well. I had a crash yesterday three times, it occured to me to update then restart computer...

DaDoomTurtle #7 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 19:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16826 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postbrianwbrian, on Oct 31 2019 - 14:23, said:

framework update windows 10 try that and flashplayer update as well. I had a crash yesterday three times, it occured to me to update then restart computer...

I've already tried all the basics.

DaDoomTurtle #8 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 19:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16826 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 31 2019 - 12:28, said:

That's above my head.  Try running Aslain's as I don't think it matters if you installed his pack or not. 

Just leave everything unchecked and use the delete feature.  There are four things you can delete - choose them all.

If that doesn't work then he has a WoTs mod cleaner which is near the bottom of his modpack under outside apps or something similarly titled.

No dice. :(

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Nov 01 2019 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 73569 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDaDoomTurtle, on Nov 01 2019 - 14:57, said:

No dice. :(

Grasping at straws, but try completely deleting the mod folders if you haven't already. 

Also just curious are you running through WGC and if so did you just start when they forced it on us?

Because you can still launch directly from the files themselves.  So maybe try the reverse of what you're doing.  Again if you haven't already.

That's all I got.  If none of that works file a ticket if you haven't.  And even if I filed I'd post again in the mods/add ons sections with a different title along the lines of need help with mods or similar..  Hopefully that will get you more responses and from some of the mod gurus.

Good luck.

DaDoomTurtle #10 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 19:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16826 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postheavymetal1967, on Nov 01 2019 - 14:09, said:

Grasping at straws, but try completely deleting the mod folders if you haven't already. 

Also just curious are you running through WGC and if so did you just start when they forced it on us?

Because you can still launch directly from the files themselves.  So maybe try the reverse of what you're doing.  Again if you haven't already.

That's all I got.  If none of that works file a ticket if you haven't.  And even if I filed I'd post again in the mods/add ons sections with a different title along the lines of need help with mods or similar..  Hopefully that will get you more responses and from some of the mod gurus.

Good luck.

Thank you very much with your help. I've been using WGC for well over a year now with no problem, and I tried directly launching, but that didn't work. I'll give the mod guys a check, and if that doesn't work out I figure it's best that I just send in a ticket.

Also tagged with crash, mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users