Obj 705 stock turret and 122mm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sarphendon #1 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 21:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 21695 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

So I just picked up the Obj 705, luckily I had the IS7 line complete so I did not have to run the stock 122mm gun, but instead got the sweet 122 BL-13 from the Obj 257.

I started grinding the tank, loving it so far, its a decent brawler.

I looked at the armor viewer at tanks.gg to see how susceptible my stock turret was so I could hide weak spots while I grind'd exp for the second turret...the stock turret is really good. And the upgraded turret has better armor in places but a worse profile. So much so that the stock turret kind of seems better to me?

Should I even bother getting the top turret and gun on the 705?

Here are the numbers from tanks.gg that compare the 122 and stock turret to the top tier turret and 130mm. https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-705?l=101113&k=0

Beyond losing 2 AP, 2 degrees of turret traverse, and 100 health, the tank remains meaty, but (slightly) more mobile overall, and better dpm (by 10%). Not to mention the huge boost in gun handling and shell velocity..

I dunno maybe its worth the sacrifice for an alpha boost, but, doesnt look it like

RetroMan55 #2 Posted Oct 31 2019 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 93763 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostSarphendon, on Oct 31 2019 - 14:09, said:

So I just picked up the Obj 705, luckily I had the IS7 line complete so I did not have to run the stock 122mm gun, but instead got the sweet 122 BL-13 from the Obj 257.

I started grinding the tank, loving it so far, its a decent brawler.

I looked at the armor viewer at tanks.gg to see how susceptible my stock turret was so I could hide weak spots while I grind'd exp for the second turret...the stock turret is really good. And the upgraded turret has better armor in places but a worse profile. So much so that the stock turret kind of seems better to me?

Should I even bother getting the top turret and gun on the 705?

Here are the numbers from tanks.gg that compare the 122 and stock turret to the top tier turret and 130mm. https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-705?l=101113&k=0

Beyond losing 2 AP, 2 degrees of turret traverse, and 100 health, the tank remains meaty, but (slightly) more mobile overall, and better dpm (by 10%). Not to mention the huge boost in gun handling and shell velocity..

I dunno maybe its worth the sacrifice for an alpha boost, but, doesnt look it like

Starting November 20th the 705A line will be the On-Track mission - so 30% discount on Tiers 6-10.  Unless you are in a hurry, that's almost 2 million silver savings on the Tier 10 price.

LtKelly #3 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17100 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

I have just researched the 705 myself and I am listening to your logic. The only advice I could give you is the obvious, to get the Obj705A you have to research the turret (26500exp) anyways so play with the base turret and 257 gun, see if you like it, if you do push up to the 705a semi-stock and save the money for the 705a, if you don't mount both. Id assume the turret upgrade is worth it as I see the roll to the turret ring as a possible shot trap and a turret ring module disaster. Also with the top turret its smooth lines would have a better chance of ricochet than the 1st turret, similar to the IS3s.

I myself am not too fond of the 257s gun so I will push the turret and then mount it and the IS7s gun, possibly throwing away the 350k in credits.

As for wasting almost 2mil on the tank now, the OTT would save you only 1.07 mil. (my old math vs. new math I guess) and seeing how your post was on the 31st and the announcement of the OTT went out on the 31st chances are you bought it prior to the announcement, so don't beat yourself up over not waiting.

Sarphendon #4 Posted Today, 03:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21695 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

Well finally got through the 705 saved 2mil ish credits because of the sale (yay). The 705a gives you much better armor, mobility, and gun handling over the 705. Sadly this means it still has poor gun handling, and as the shape of the hull itself has not changed, the tank is incredibly situation to actually derive use from the armor. Because of the well-angled/thinly armor style of protection, with a rear mounted turret, and a relatively low tank...This thing is destroyed by HE. Anything with a 150 or larger will do roughly 350dmg a shot, and knock out at least one crew member and/or module per shot.

The 650 alpha is nice, decent pen on the AP rounds, and getting heat is always a bonus even if it is kinda low pen for a high caliber heat round. I think this tank was ment to be a 'bully' get in close quarters and shove your face into your opponent and overwhelm them. But its super lack luster due to one of the above mentioned concerns. I guess its worth picking up now due to the sale but I doubt I am going to invest much time into playing this tank until WG does some balancing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users