Jump to content


Incoming! Tank rewards: Military appreciation month!

KRZY Tank Rewards free stuff

  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

RaynorShyne #21 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 14:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27768 battles
  • 1,446
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

View PostSykoticTX, on Nov 02 2019 - 07:27, said:

 

Recruiter - "You will be an ambulance driver."

Me - "That sounds awesome"

Me 6 months later  - "Welcome to the 232nd Medical Battallion. Home of the Combat Medic?!? "Born to kill. Trained to save!"???????????????" wth......

Me to DI - "I am in the wrong place."

Him - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

Turns out the recruiter KNEW they were combining 91A and 91B and kind of "forgot" to tell me. 

Except for the tiny, tiny detail that since 1980 no Army recruiter has ever placed an individual into a job.   Rather it's the role of the Army Career counselor you speak to at MEPS (you know, the building recruiters - by DoD edict aren't allowed to enter the enlistment floor?) and YOU to choose your career path - that you have to technically enlist TWICE for (once into the delayed enlistment program, then the 2nd time the day you ship).

 

Before you sign each time - they verify with you what YOUR chosen MOS is.

 

You chose your career path, Sparky.  You recruiter wan't there when you did it.  



RaynorShyne #22 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 14:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27768 battles
  • 1,446
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

 

KRZYBooP and Wargaming - THANK YOU for the Veterans Appreciation events.   



latvius #23 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 14:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35091 battles
  • 537
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

View PostTaylor3006, on Nov 01 2019 - 18:28, said:

I am super stoked about this month with the Scavenger Hunt and Tank Rewards at the same time. I went ahead and bought the 30 days of premium time with the tier 2 Russian tank, just to maximize my earnings. 

Since I already own the T14 and my best crew is my M4 Sherman, getting one of the sister tanks as a crew trainer is really exciting. The big question is M4 Improved or Ram II? 

Ram II, try bouncing that M4 derp HE shell with your "improved" armor, and peeps cry about HE rebalance...

 

Ram II has fast firing gun and if you want to be a unicorn fire all gold.



latvius #24 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 15:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35091 battles
  • 537
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on Nov 02 2019 - 01:19, said:

Compensation for already having T14 would be nice......sigh, but oh well

 

Is the Ram II good? or should i get the M4 Improved instead so that if i receive it again in the Holiday boxes then i will get gold compensation?

Your compensation is a free garage slot.  WG gives out free stuff and players complain it is not the free stuff they wanted.  Holy cow dude get real.

 

Ram II is better M4 Imp has flat armor, not good for HE spam at tier 5



SykoticTX #25 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 15:26

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6094 battles
  • 17
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6
  • Member since:
    08-08-2017

View Postlatvius, on Nov 02 2019 - 08:03, said:

Your compensation is a free garage slot.  WG gives out free stuff and players complain it is not the free stuff they wanted.  Holy cow dude get real.

 

Ram II is better M4 Imp has flat armor, not good for HE spam at tier 5

The real question here is which one sells for the most credits (HINT: It is NOT the T14). Free garage slot and 350,000 credits is a really nice prize. Well, assuming the sale price is the normal credit price (should be) and you don't already have it in your garage. 



Grognard61 #26 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 16:47

    Private

  • Players
  • 11924 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013
Yep.  Just checked: The "Salute Victory" mission does not show up in my list of missions, neither in the "Tank Rewards" section with "Victory Battle" nor in the "Other" section with the "Thanks for Your Service" and "Gold Drip" missions. I submitted a ticket yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Sparkster23 #27 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 18:44

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 27697 battles
  • 517
  • [SPK] SPK
  • Member since:
    10-10-2010

View PostGrognard61, on Nov 02 2019 - 10:47, said:

Yep.  Just checked: The "Salute Victory" mission does not show up in my list of missions, neither in the "Tank Rewards" section with "Victory Battle" nor in the "Other" section with the "Thanks for Your Service" and "Gold Drip" missions. I submitted a ticket yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Same here



5dolr_ft_long #28 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 19:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 36028 battles
  • 4
  • [SUBWY] SUBWY
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015

Thank you WOT for saluting the veterans.   With Veterans day coming up, it is important to remember everyone who served.   People often goof up the holidays, but here is a breakdown.   This might help set up future events.....

 

1.  Armed Forces Day -   To thank people still serving (NOT VETERANS)....  they have their own day.

2.  Veterans Day - To honor all who have served (War and Peace).

3.  Memorial Day - To remember those who died during a war.   (Like my dad - August 15, 1968 Vietnam).

 

So... WOT.... there are 3 possible events here.....  just saying there is an opportunity here.

 

I also heard that some Canadian military folks were upset that they did not qualify for the military salute.   I served with their entire army in Afghanistan in 2002.  They were five of the best guys I ever met.   They should have a bigger army, but I guess that is all they need.   Just kidding,...



MG_Billy_Mitchell #29 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 19:59

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 25973 battles
  • 69
  • [RMNT] RMNT
  • Member since:
    07-08-2015

View PostZYKLOP_, on Nov 01 2019 - 22:11, said:

I am more pissy about the mission only verified vets can partake in.

 

I can see it is aimed at those who got into the salute offer but it ignores those of us who are vets living in the rest of the world.


If you couldn't prove to ID.me that you're a vet, you're not trying very hard.

That's a pretty low bar to reach, so don't blame anyone but yourself.


Edited by MG_Billy_Mitchell, Nov 02 2019 - 20:00.


RetroMan55 #30 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 20:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 94600 battles
  • 1,377
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

No compensation if you already own the tanks?  So what is a smart player to do? 

 

First, you have until November 30th to cash the rewards points in.  While technically true, it usually means until reset at 6 A.M. Central Time.  Be alert for a Server Patch or Micro-Patch that takes the server off-line. 

 

Second wait until at least November 28th to see if they add a fourth choice to Tier 5 (as they have the last 2 months - adding some Premium Time as a choice for those willing to grind it out). 

 

Third, if they don't, sell either the M4 Improved or the Ram II, as both are worth the most (for 50% silver value).  You can remove Camo, and any equipment not valued at 500K or more (unless you were smart enough to buy all the equipment when it was on sale at 50% off otherwise it's not worth spending 10 gold on removing  - in which case selling it is a wash, put ammo in the depot, crew members in barracks).  The garage slot will go on your slot stack.

 

Choose the tank you sold, get a 100% crew (run them up to 70% first skill - then retrain for 20k silver, and reset the first skill for another 20k to have at 100% base skill and about 37% first skill in a new medium tank up the U.S. line), and a garage slot plus the tank.

 

While you don't get "compensation for a tank you already own," you will get close to it.



latvius #31 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 22:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35091 battles
  • 537
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

View PostRetroMan55, on Nov 02 2019 - 20:41, said:

No compensation if you already own the tanks?  So what is a smart player to do? 

 

First, you have until November 30th to cash the rewards points in.  While technically true, it usually means until reset at 6 A.M. Central Time.  Be alert for a Server Patch or Micro-Patch that takes the server off-line. 

 

Second wait until at least November 28th to see if they add a fourth choice to Tier 5 (as they have the last 2 months - adding some Premium Time as a choice for those willing to grind it out). 

 

Third, if they don't, sell either the M4 Improved or the Ram II, as both are worth the most (for 50% silver value).  You can remove Camo, and any equipment not valued at 500K or more (unless you were smart enough to buy all the equipment when it was on sale at 50% off otherwise it's not worth spending 10 gold on removing  - in which case selling it is a wash, put ammo in the depot, crew members in barracks).  The garage slot will go on your slot stack.

 

Choose the tank you sold, get a 100% crew (run them up to 70% first skill - then retrain for 20k silver, and reset the first skill for another 20k to have at 100% base skill and about 37% first skill in a new medium tank up the U.S. line), and a garage slot plus the tank.

 

While you don't get "compensation for a tank you already own," you will get close to it.

This is one of those types that work so hard to get out of work that if they simply did the work it would be done already - you know they type I am talking about you see them at your workplace.

Com'on these tanks are like $5 US so just stop.  Stop the crying and stop gaming the system, my god WG tries to do something nice for free an players just dump on it.

 



Kuffar #32 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 23:01

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19224 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostMG_Billy_Mitchell, on Nov 02 2019 - 12:59, said:


If you couldn't prove to ID.me that you're a vet, you're not trying very hard.

That's a pretty low bar to reach, so don't blame anyone but yourself.

You're very quick with the snark, but did it occur to you that he is probably a veteran from another country's armed forces, who are not currently included in the offer?



RetroMan55 #33 Posted Nov 02 2019 - 23:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 94600 battles
  • 1,377
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View Postlatvius, on Nov 02 2019 - 15:57, said:

This is one of those types that work so hard to get out of work that if they simply did the work it would be done already - you know they type I am talking about you see them at your workplace.

Com'on these tanks are like $5 US so just stop.  Stop the crying and stop gaming the system, my god WG tries to do something nice for free an players just dump on it.

 

 

You're a clever boy.  I'm retired.  I would rather spend money on my wife's medications (as a cancer survivor) than on Pixel tanks.  My post is not dumping on WG, it is how to get the most from a player's investment in time spent playing the game.   I could say more...but I don't want to get banned.



latvius #34 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 00:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35091 battles
  • 537
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013

View PostRetroMan55, on Nov 02 2019 - 23:49, said:

 

You're a clever boy.  I'm retired.  I would rather spend money on my wife's medications (as a cancer survivor) than on Pixel tanks.  My post is not dumping on WG, it is how to get the most from a player's investment in time spent playing the game.   I could say more...but I don't want to get banned.

I'm retired as well "boy".  True it is "getting the most" out of something, but WG is giving something for the military community and you are trying to figure out how to manipulate the FREE gift.  It is what it is, if you already have the tanks like I do you should still appreciate a free garage slot.  If WG intended to give you credits for a tank you already own then they would have.  Spend your money where you think it is best but do the right thing.



rrobilla51 #35 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 04:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25627 battles
  • 27
  • [LDPLR] LDPLR
  • Member since:
    01-24-2012

Me too, verified veteran with ID.me verified account listed under account management.  not getting the 100 tokens for victory salute. Who is monitoring this and when will it be fixed?  WG screw up halloween event, now they are screwing veterans.  I guess its time to start bombarding our community coordinator KRZYBooP with complaints.

 

rrobilla51- 7 years US Navy,  Vietnam vet.    

Band together guys!



ZYKLOP_ #36 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 04:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27271 battles
  • 837
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    08-27-2011

View PostMG_Billy_Mitchell, on Nov 03 2019 - 06:59, said:


If you couldn't prove to ID.me that you're a vet, you're not trying very hard.

That's a pretty low bar to reach, so don't blame anyone but yourself.

 

Perhaps it wasn't obvious - there are other vets that have been allies with the US over many wars.

 

New Zealand and Australian forces fought in WW I and WW II. Also Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf and Afghanistan.

 

Brazilian troops were in Italy in WW II.

 

And there were plenty of Canadians and personnel from Great Britain, South Africa and India involved in both World Wars.

 

And there were plenty of other nations served alongside the US.

 

It's them that deserve this recognition don't you agree?

 

EDIT - there is also a case that can be made that UK soldiers were in Vietnam.



RauASTER #37 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 06:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 35303 battles
  • 31
  • [CORVO] CORVO
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

"Be advised: There will be no Gold or Credit compensation if you already own these vehicles"

 

Not even the credit compensation now? wow

 

Also, no National Blueprints in the rewards. (pretty sure everyone has enough universal blueprints)

 

Old Tankrewards used to be a great motivation to play, this is "meh" at best. 



ezz_wing #38 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 11:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44377 battles
  • 495
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

thanx wg for  7 prem day

a lot of player can't buy prem day 

i wish to see cormel b 

or new prem tanks 


Edited by ezz_wing, Nov 03 2019 - 11:14.


1Scots #39 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 12:09

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14372 battles
  • 270
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostRauASTER, on Nov 03 2019 - 17:14, said:

"Be advised: There will be no Gold or Credit compensation if you already own these vehicles"

 

Not even the credit compensation now? wow

 

Also, no National Blueprints in the rewards. (pretty sure everyone has enough universal blueprints)

 

Old Tankrewards used to be a great motivation to play, this is "meh" at best. 

 

 

If you already have it - sell it, get the credits and then apply your reward for the tank you just sold. Credit compensation right there.

 

Or am I doing it wrong?



Raxter54 #40 Posted Nov 03 2019 - 13:10

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14865 battles
  • 661
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View Postrrobilla51, on Nov 03 2019 - 04:24, said:

Me too, verified veteran with ID.me verified account listed under account management.  not getting the 100 tokens for victory salute. Who is monitoring this and when will it be fixed?  WG screw up halloween event, now they are screwing veterans.  I guess its time to start bombarding our community coordinator KRZYBooP with complaints.

 

rrobilla51- 7 years US Navy,  Vietnam vet.    

Band together guys!


Did you get the Thunderbolt VII? I did, and i appreciate what WoT is doing for veterans. There's been one problem that I'm sure will get fixed. Ungrateful much?






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users