Why Pay to play when OP tanks & rewards go to the SAME PLAYERS!

OP tanks WoT unfair Reward Ranked Rankings Random strongholds Noobs

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

THANATOS1969 #1 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41076 battles
  • [--A__] --A__

In another weekend WoT match watching people trolling each other. And a thought crossed my mind. No matter what I spend in game, it just does not matter. My internet is in rural MO. is crap compared to when I was in Houston Tx.. Win Rate was better FPS & PING better. Cost of internet was cheaper in Houston. In Houston I had better download speeds & upload speeds then I do in rural MO.. Same computer I bought 9 years ago  that cost me grand for it. The fps & ping is good here, but not as good. I had unlimited everything, here HOLY COW. Need to take a loan out. So I play fewer games to eat that data. I still say play, but lower your expectation.

Just that I noticed the same players that get all the OP tank & have many OP tanks that others will never get. Is that fair? NO! Is it WoT problem? NO! But that means there will never ever be a MM game in WoT that will be fair or equal. Each player have different variables to their equations. Like internet connections & speeds, then computer power. That's before you add even more variables to the equation.

I just started laughing in a Ranked match & thought : wtham I doing? I won't get this tank! I am not spending enough to get the tank or another OP tank in WoT. 

SO, I have NO ta-da moment, or a brilliant quote. Just saying I know I will never get OP tanks in Ranked battles OR Rewards this or that. So I will not play these games. But strongholds & others I will put my tactical knowledge to use vs those OP tanks I will never get. Trolls now it is your turn: troll away. 

BigJohnsonLogan #2 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35664 battles

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Nov 03 2019 - 23:24, said:

In another weekend WoT match watching people trolling each other. And a thought crossed my mind. No matter what I spend in game, it just does not matter. My internet is in rural MO. is crap compared to when I was in Houston Tx.. Win Rate was better FPS & PING better. Cost of internet was cheaper in Houston. In Houston I had better download speeds & upload speeds then I do in rural MO.. Same computer I bought 9 years ago  that cost me grand for it. The fps & ping is good here, but not as good. I had unlimited everything, here HOLY COW. Need to take a loan out. So I play fewer games to eat that data. I still say play, but lower your expectation.

Just that I noticed the same players that get all the OP tank & have many OP tanks that others will never get. Is that fair? NO! Is it WoT problem? NO! But that means there will never ever be a MM game in WoT that will be fair or equal. Each player have different variables to their equations. Like internet connections & speeds, then computer power. That's before you add even more variables to the equation.

I just started laughing in a Ranked match & thought : wtham I doing? I won't get this tank! I am not spending enough to get the tank or another OP tank in WoT. 

SO, I have NO ta-da moment, or a brilliant quote. Just saying I know I will never get OP tanks in Ranked battles OR Rewards this or that. So I will not play these games. But strongholds & others I will put my tactical knowledge to use vs those OP tanks I will never get. Trolls now it is your turn: troll away. 

After trying to play Ranked Battles for this last week, I see the same names on the leader boards as you see in top Clan Wars clans.

Why?  Because they are all no lifers who play Clan Wars, Spam Premium Ammo and bring that crap to Ranked Battles. 

Plus the new Bonus Battles allowed them all to get promoted way ahead of the rest of us, so we have to play in tech tree tanks with the inbred windowlickers while they already Ranked Out.

Such a pointless game mode, can't grind a new tank, can't grind for credits in Tier X when spamming premium ammo.

Why bother to play ?? I can't find a reason anymore.

stalkervision #3 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 70547 battles

Well, you can turn a cow into a satellite dish and get better internet speeds perhaps.

Radio_Demon #4 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 38333 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Nov 04 2019 - 05:24, said:

For ranked I'm div 1 currently and have gotten most of my chevrons in tech tree tanks if you play tanks people consider "OP" then you just get arty focused to death

F4U_wingman #5 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 88930 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

when YOU PUT IT THAT WAY … why play... go work over time more

Hellsfog #6 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 38344 battles

I thought the days of sub-mediocre players crying about better players getting better rewards were over when it became generally accepted that any player could get those rewards if he or she choose to improve or use the bond shop.  I never thought I would see them again. The game isn't the same without your tears. 

But you guys, did one heck of a job. I am glad to see the old days live again and that the sun shines once again on herds of bitter [edited]ters. Thank you guys for bringing back the glory days by packing every [edited]lord cliche into a two posts. Even if it only lasts as long as it takes for this thread to drop off the front page, it still will have lived.  Thank you.  

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 06:10

Major

• Players
  • 73512 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

venom286 #8 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 09:37

Captain

• Players
  • 43963 battles
someone earlier was telling the tank for ranked is not even that good,so I Might not even put the effort into playing the game mode,so far I have only played two games, and I received two points or what ever the hell its called on my second game,but I can already tell It's going to be something that frustrates me.I don't know if I want put my self through that.Anyways If the tank is what you where after your probably not missing much.

_PoliticallyIncorrect #9 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 12:38

Captain

• Players
  • 23829 battles
  • [TRY] TRY

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 03 2019 - 23:32, said:

After trying to play Ranked Battles for this last week, I see the same names on the leader boards as you see in top Clan Wars clans.

Why?  Because they are all no lifers who play Clan Wars, Spam Premium Ammo and bring that crap to Ranked Battles. 

Plus the new Bonus Battles allowed them all to get promoted way ahead of the rest of us, so we have to play in tech tree tanks with the inbred windowlickers while they already Ranked Out.

Such a pointless game mode, can't grind a new tank, can't grind for credits in Tier X when spamming premium ammo.

With 33,000+ battles you have more games played than 90% of the "No lifers" you are talking about in Ranked. 

_Tsavo_ #10 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Are you using satellite internet?  That's usually what I see referenced as rural internet and it's atrocious, slow, high latency, and you get very low data limits.  Low enough that casual streaming eats up the limits. 

My suggestion is if you have 4G coverage, use your phone to tether internet to the desktop, it'll be faster and with much less latency.   You'll still have data caps, but it'll make a much better internet experience.  Satellite internet is horrid.

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Dain_Ironfoot_ #12 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 25185 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I don't know about all that... but I do think maybe there should be more rewards for casual or non-elite players.  Maybe lower tier, lower skill stuff.  All the focus on the hard-to-reach top tier reward tanks is pretty tiresome and annoying.  There's also a lot of us decent players that could get all the rewards if we tried, but there are more important things in life we'd rather focus on and limit the time we spend doing the repetitive grindy crap.

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Nov 04 2019 - 14:24.

H0D0R_ #13 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:40

Captain

• Players
  • 17452 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 04 2019 - 04:32, said:

Oof dude. You almost have twice the battle count than I do... check yourself.

__WarChild__ #14 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 34028 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Nov 03 2019 - 22:24, said:

The answer is clear: Move to Houston and you'll be a winner!

LOL - some of the responses here from Hellsfog, Buttknuckle (careful son, you described some mods that patrol these woods), and others made me laugh because its funnier when its true.

I hear what you're saying OP.  A group like Mahou (for example) already has some great talent, and in clan wars they reap more bonds, gold, etc. and can boost their own regular and reward tanks to the max for an even greater edge.  To some, that doesn't seem right.  Well, let me just tell you my experience.  When I was younger (in WoT), I joined a group of more experienced players but they were bad to mediocre at the game.  Every time we faced a better clan or got destroyed, they blamed it on hacking.  I didn't know any better so I believed what they were saying.  Then I started watching some great players from great clans on their live streams and realized that they weren't cheating, they were just smarter, like way smarter, at playing the game AND they had more talent.  So I left that group and became a legionnaire so that I could work with better clans and callers. Every so often a great clan would pick me up (out of desperation) and I would LEARN things that I never thought of.  The game became easier to me because I understood a lot more.  One day, I had a great run with Y0L0 in some Advances and was asked to join for the tank campaign.  Listening to the commander, O_P_Hacker make calls and then adjustments on the fly blew my mind.  How could he know that they were pushing the 2 line just by seeing the 1 light tank on the 8 line?  How did he know exactly what some of the top 3 clans were about to do? Etc. Etc.  That's when I realized I am a checkers player and I may never be able to pick up chess in this game.  I left Y0L0 after earning my 907 and wasn't planning on joining a clan again until I figured some more out on my own.  Then they threw the Chieftan back into the ring for the next tank campaign and I was fortunate enough to join OPIC.  The tank campaign fell during an open spot in my summer plans where I had an inordinate amount of time to be able to spend on tanking.  Tank campaigns drain the life out of you if you play them every night.  But they're very exciting and if you happen to be with a good enough group where you can WIN games, you will reap the rewards.  Trust me, I did.

The long and the short of it: play better and with better teams, and you too will see rewards that you haven't seen before.  Too many people in here believe that they are great at the game when they are not - take it from one who learned the hard way.  The rewards and reward tanks are as they should be.  Hopefully, you will realize that one day.  Until then, I'll see you out on the checkerboard!

:great:

__WarChild__

Da_Craw #15 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 28121 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 04 2019 - 02:08, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

So much this.

View Post_PoliticallyIncorrect, on Nov 04 2019 - 05:38, said:

With 33,000+ battles you have more games played than 90% of the "No lifers" you are talking about in Ranked. 

:playing:  The lack of self awareness is glaring every time someone with 20K+ battles complains about try-hards living in their Mom's basement.  Whole vineyards of sour grapes.

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Nov 05 2019 - 09:57.

The_Pink_Panther #16 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 14:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 86 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG

@ Thanatos: I hate to be the one to burst your bubble and break the news to you but, this game has never nor will it ever be fair.  The only time this game will ever get or be fair is when the special elite class, in this game, gets crapped on and then they will do something about that.  An example of this is when the Koreans decided to rig a special battle mode by all of them using the Super Pershing, back when it was really formidable.  Instead of allowing them to paste the elite of this game, they canceled the mode.  I so wish they had allowed that event to take place, it would have been sweet to watch unfold.  Well, you are wasting your time, pardon the expression, by casting your pearls before swine, and this game is loaded with them.  They only laugh, scoff, mock, and in general mistreat you when you get on these very forums and point a major problem, that may just cost them something that they have to give up.  See, I quit playing any special mode, I just play the normal game client and let them have their little play ground(s) where they can feel smug, superior, and stroke their fragile egos.  It's just not worth planting a crop in briar or stony patches, the yield is just to small and not very profitable as the wisest man of all times once said.

To all the haters out there?  Have a nice day, it's killing you, isn't it?

Cowcat137 #17 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 14552 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostChtholly_Seniorious, on Nov 04 2019 - 05:49, said:

For ranked I'm div 1 currently and have gotten most of my chevrons in tech tree tanks if you play tanks people consider "OP" then you just get arty focused to death

Having OTTER on your tag can't help either, lol.

Markd73 #18 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 32812 battles

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Nov 04 2019 - 13:22, said:

I don't know about all that... but I do think maybe there should be more rewards for casual or non-elite players.  Maybe lower tier, lower skill stuff.  All the focus on the hard-to-reach top tier reward tanks is pretty tiresome and annoying.  There's also a lot of us decent players that could get all the rewards if we tried, but there are more important things in life we'd rather focus on and limit the time we spend doing the repetitive grindy crap.

So we should reward mediocrity for those who can't beat the best?

Good luck with that.

mlinke #19 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:22

Captain

• Players
  • 53566 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 04 2019 - 09:08, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

So you want to say that guy on first place in wot is our dear president?

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Nov 05 2019 - 09:58.

H0D0R_ #20 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:26

Captain

• Players
  • 17452 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostMarkd73, on Nov 04 2019 - 14:21, said:

So we should reward mediocrity for those who can't beat the best?

Good luck with that.

Just give those players a participation award, 1 day of premium for showing up. Tada free reward.

Also tagged with OP, tanks, WoT, unfair, Reward, Ranked, Rankings, Random, strongholds, Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users