Why Pay to play when OP tanks & rewards go to the SAME PLAYERS!

OP tanks WoT unfair Reward Ranked Rankings Random strongholds Noobs

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #21 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I don't have good internet service, either.  I have a computer made in 2010.  I live in the Rural Sticks of Central Texas.  My service is probably on par with the OPs.

I don't use that as an excuse, though.  It's part of my 'landscape' for playing this game.  Rural Wireless Internet is what I got and if I hit "Battle!" regardless of my computer, my connection or my overall sense of readiness, I'm saying, "Put me in, coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can be Center Field."

I don't give two poops for what other folks win.  It's just a game and if they win stuff, I'm happy for THEM, not envious.  Who cares what others win in a game where nothing is ever going to come home and sit on a mantle or hung on the wall for any who visit to see, "I did this."

I play for the challenge and enjoyment of mock combat in pixel tanks on a nice looking battlefield.  Is there any more to this than that, honestly?

OP, I feel you, because technologically, I AM you.  Why you have to worry about what the other kids get at the store?  Order your own stuff, play your own way and enjoy the game for what it is.

Now, I'm not actually telling you HOW to play the game, but what is it that makes folks focus on what everyone else is doing or getting instead of just focusing on doing your best, each time, every time and having a good time while doing it?  I always had to compete for pretty much everything at home with three older brothers and a spoiled little sister for the first sixteen years of my life.  Oh and my dad was a Navy man, training recruits, too, so guess what our house was like when he was home?

Sir, yes, sir! Sir, no, sir!  I grew up in the military way.

No person is ever going to be able to enjoy their time if all they can do is see what everyone is getting that they themselves are not.  Let it go.

OvO

Hellsfog #22 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 38361 battles

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Nov 04 2019 - 08:22, said:

I don't know about all that... but I do think maybe there should be more rewards for casual or non-elite players.  Maybe lower tier, lower skill stuff.  All the focus on the hard-to-reach top tier reward tanks is pretty tiresome and annoying.  There's also a lot of us decent players that could get all the rewards if we tried, but there are more important things in life we'd rather focus on and limit the time we spend doing the repetitive grindy crap.

Wg already does this for every single event. Tank marathons, CW campaigns, front line and ranked battles all have intermediate rewards. 

Da_Craw #23 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 28122 battles

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Nov 04 2019 - 07:22, said:

I don't know about all that... but I do think maybe there should be more rewards for casual or non-elite players.  Maybe lower tier, lower skill stuff.  All the focus on the hard-to-reach top tier reward tanks is pretty tiresome and annoying.  There's also a lot of us decent players that could get all the rewards if we tried, but there are more important things in life we'd rather focus on and limit the time we spend doing the repetitive grindy crap.

Sour grapes.  

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Nov 04 2019 - 07:57, said:

@ Thanatos: I hate to be the one to burst your bubble and break the news to you but, this game has never nor will it ever be fair.  The only time this game will ever get or be fair is when the special elite class, in this game, gets crapped on and then they will do something about that.  An example of this is when the Koreans decided to rig a special battle mode by all of them using the Super Pershing, back when it was really formidable.  Instead of allowing them to paste the elite of this game, they canceled the mode.  I so wish they had allowed that event to take place, it would have been sweet to watch unfold.  Well, you are wasting your time, pardon the expression, by casting your pearls before swine, and this game is loaded with them.  They only laugh, scoff, mock, and in general mistreat you when you get on these very forums and point a major problem, that may just cost them something that they have to give up.  See, I quit playing any special mode, I just play the normal game client and let them have their little play ground(s) where they can feel smug, superior, and stroke their fragile egos.  It's just not worth planting a crop in briar or stony patches, the yield is just to small and not very profitable as the wisest man of all times once said.

To all the haters out there?  Have a nice day, it's killing you, isn't it?

Sour grapes are just killing you, aren't they?

Other common quotes from the sour grapes crowd: "I could have made straight As if I had cared, but I'm not a try-hard nerd." "I could have made it into college, but I got drunk the night before the ACT."  "A college degree is just a piece of paper for people who want to look down on others."  "I could have gotten that promotion, but I'm not a kiss-[edited]."  

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 04 2019 - 08:39, said:

I play for the challenge and enjoyment of mock combat in pixel tanks on a nice looking battlefield.  Is there any more to this than that, honestly?

Perfectly said.

Edited by Da_Craw, Nov 04 2019 - 16:18.

Pipinghot #24 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 03 2019 - 23:32, said:

Because they are all no lifers who play Clan Wars, Spam Premium Ammo and bring that crap to Ranked Battles.

Different thread, same failure of an argument. Anyone who's better than this guy is a "no lifer", classic internet baby crying.

Pipinghot #25 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Nov 03 2019 - 23:24, said:

SO, I have NO ta-da moment, or a brilliant quote. Just saying I know I will never get OP tanks in Ranked battles OR Rewards this or that. So I will not play these games. But strongholds & others I will put my tactical knowledge to use vs those OP tanks I will never get. Trolls now it is your turn: troll away. 

So because you moved to a location that has horrible internet service, and because your computer is 9 years old and doesn't play as well anymore somehow... you think that justifies a rant about reward tanks.

You make a horrible, whining post packed full of entitlement and then you have the nerve to pre-accuse other people of being trolls? Wow I really hope that you're a young kid, because if you're an adult you're terrible at adulting.

Markd73 #26 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 32843 battles

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Nov 04 2019 - 04:24, said:

In another weekend WoT match watching people trolling each other. And a thought crossed my mind. No matter what I spend in game, it just does not matter. My internet is in rural MO. is crap compared to when I was in Houston Tx.. Win Rate was better FPS & PING better. Cost of internet was cheaper in Houston. In Houston I had better download speeds & upload speeds then I do in rural MO.. Same computer I bought 9 years ago  that cost me grand for it. The fps & ping is good here, but not as good. I had unlimited everything, here HOLY COW. Need to take a loan out. So I play fewer games to eat that data. I still say play, but lower your expectation.

Just that I noticed the same players that get all the OP tank & have many OP tanks that others will never get. Is that fair? NO! Is it WoT problem? NO! But that means there will never ever be a MM game in WoT that will be fair or equal. Each player have different variables to their equations. Like internet connections & speeds, then computer power. That's before you add even more variables to the equation.

I just started laughing in a Ranked match & thought : wtham I doing? I won't get this tank! I am not spending enough to get the tank or another OP tank in WoT. 

SO, I have NO ta-da moment, or a brilliant quote. Just saying I know I will never get OP tanks in Ranked battles OR Rewards this or that. So I will not play these games. But strongholds & others I will put my tactical knowledge to use vs those OP tanks I will never get. Trolls now it is your turn: troll away. 

...something...something... everyone else is at fault but me and I refuse to take responsibility for my own performance. Give me free stuff.

Buttknuckle #27 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 52772 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postmlinke, on Nov 04 2019 - 14:22, said:

So you want to say that guy on first place in wot is our dear president?

Nah. I'm saying there is a reason people like our OP aren't president.

Pipinghot #28 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 04 2019 - 14:52, said:

View Postmlinke, on Nov 04 2019 - 14:22, said:

So you want to say that guy on first place in wot is our dear president?

Unfortunately that's not true...

dunniteowl #29 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 21:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

^^^^

I was thinking, when I first read that exchange, "Hell it MIGHT be him!" After all, I can't imagine Him being very good at the game and it would be very like Him to blame it on everything else other than Him.

Sounds totally correct, so yeah, I gotta agree.  It might not be Him, but it could be someone just like him.  There are certainly a lot more people willing to cast blame on others for their own ignorance and lack of ability to figure things out than otherwise.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Nov 04 2019 - 21:31.

WarDemon_2019 #30 Posted Nov 04 2019 - 22:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 1048 battles

I am not a great player, and probably never will be. Though I do try to improve my game play, my main goal is to try to have fun (Although that is getting harder to do these days), rather than take it super serious and get mad at everyone else's game play. There is an old saying "To the Victor goes the spoils" meaning when you win you get the good stuff, so I have no problem with the best players getting the rewards. That's the way it should be!. If you don't like it, get better. I do though have a bit of a  problem with the format for special modes like Frontline, Ranked battles, Clan Wars, and Advances (this one I am on the fence on though). When you have a mode that is claiming to test YOUR skills or your teams skills against other players in the game, than the playing field should be as level as possible, and as not everyone can afford to shoot all special ammo, nor do they have the Premium or reward tanks. I would like to see these modes use Researchable vehicles only, and nothing but standard AP ammo, no auto aims, or other mods, even if they are now in game like the EBRs auto aim, and tanks like the Obj 140 or M48, etc. etc., would either need to be given a AP shell or locked out as their standard as you know is APCR. The reward tanks and Premium tanks could be used in Random/Grand battles, etc. of course. This would be a truer test of everyone's abilities, and eliminate a lot of the complaining. But I would not like to see these modes become like kids sports these days, where everyone gets a participation trophy and you don't even keep score.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

Thanks,

GRINCH7777 #31 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 00:03

Captain

• Players
  • 48482 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH
............no problem here with really good players reaping the benefits of high-skilled play.......I am not one of them unless we are talking arty and with that I am very good.  What I do have a problem with is the amount of players using aim-bots and other "advantages" that have nothing to do with skill but instead enable them to hit every snap shot regardless of aim-time ......I have a lot of games and admit that I often put shots into places where ppl may be hiding and sometimes i get a hit- you know- the bush that everyone hides behind.....but I really dont see how someone can have a hit rate of over 70% without using a "cheat".....even if you always wait for the aim circle to close you have more than 3 out of 10 that miss and no one can play tens of thousands of games IMO with that many hits....open to comments about it but I watch some of the players popping out and hitting EVERY snap shot...something has to be wrong with that....

Akrotiri #32 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 01:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11730 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 04 2019 - 14:52, said:

Russians didn't help him?

BigJohnsonLogan #33 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 01:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35685 battles

View Post_PoliticallyIncorrect, on Nov 04 2019 - 06:38, said:

With 33,000+ battles you have more games played than 90% of the "No lifers" you are talking about in Ranked. 

The stat padders create a second account and pad a new account to get into the elitist "soyboy" and "anime" clans.

View PostH0D0R_, on Nov 04 2019 - 08:40, said:

Oof dude. You almost have twice the battle count than I do... check yourself.

Twice the battles because this is my one and only account played for over 6 years without stat padding the OP WN8 tanks to get into a "LEET" "SOYBOY" "ANIME" clan.

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 04 2019 - 10:44, said:

Different thread, same failure of an argument. Anyone who's better than this guy is a "no lifer", classic internet baby crying.

The part where the "no lifers from Clan Wars" are given several advantages in what is "supposed" to be a "test of skill and teamwork" for the "clanless players" seems lost on the inbred window lickers LIKE you.

What if a NFL Superbowl gave the champions from last year a bonus of starting with a touchdown before the game even starts, an extra 3 timeouts per half and the first penalty each quarter is nullified for experienced players ?

Would that be a fair "test of skill and teamwork" ?

And let's not get me started on why is there even a "premium ammo" type in this game ?

Meanwhile, your failure to comprehend the concept that this is a PAY TO WIN game is mind boggling !

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Nov 05 2019 - 05:20.

Da_Craw #34 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 14:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 28122 battles

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 04 2019 - 18:48, said:

Meanwhile, your failure to comprehend the concept that this is a PAY TO WIN game is mind boggling !

You mean I can pay to get into a clan and win those reward tanks?!  Wow!  Sign me up.  I don't have to play well or dedicate myself to being part of a team in clan wars?  I just have to open my wallet!  So BJL, I guess we are at the point where you say nobody should get a reward for playing well, for playing often, OR for supporting the game with money.  Everyone give back your Obj. 430U!  There is a new player who doesn't have the time skill or money to advance to T10 and get one!  No fair!

dunniteowl #35 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 18:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 04 2019 - 18:48, said:

The stat padders create a second account and pad a new account to get into the elitist "soyboy" and "anime" clans.

Twice the battles because this is my one and only account played for over 6 years without stat padding the OP WN8 tanks to get into a "LEET" "SOYBOY" "ANIME" clan.

The part where the "no lifers from Clan Wars" are given several advantages in what is "supposed" to be a "test of skill and teamwork" for the "clanless players" seems lost on the inbred window lickers LIKE you.

What if a NFL Superbowl gave the champions from last year a bonus of starting with a touchdown before the game even starts, an extra 3 timeouts per half and the first penalty each quarter is nullified for experienced players ?

And let's not get me started on why is there even a "premium ammo" type in this game ?

That was probably the MOST ENTERTAININGLY FUNNY post I've read on this matter.  Thanks!

I'd go on further, though if I did, I'd have to use less positive words.

OvO

Pipinghot #36 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 04 2019 - 19:48, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 04 2019 - 10:44, said:

So the rewards tanks that they have earned by playing the most team-oriented game mode available makes them "no lifers". Meanwhile, you've spent as many man-hours playing WoT as many of them have, and yet somehow you're Mr. Virtuous while they're "no lifers". Again, classic internet baby crying, you're just mad because you feel entitled to those same rewards tanks based on your total hours of game play. It's clear that, more than anything, you're just expressing envy and jealousy because other people got something you didn't, even though you had every opportunity to earn the same things they have earned. You could have earned those rewards tanks, but instead you chose to spend your time playing more pub battles and didn't bother to spend any time playing the modes of game play that earn those rewards tanks.

And here's the thing, there's nothing wrong with being a pubby. I tried Clan Wars, didn't like it (too much time waiting, not enough time playing) and am more than happy to be a pubby. The difference is that I'm not whining about people having rewards tanks because I take responsibility for my choices, whereas you whine and complain because WG didn't give you the same toys they gave to other people who earned them.

False comparison is false, Clan Wars is not the professional league for WoT.

You have spend just as much time playing WoT as those "no lifers" that you like to complain about, and yet somehow you feel justified in looking down on them in spite of the fact that they've used that time to get better at the game rather than just clicking Battle over and over again thousands of times without learning much of anything. It's not their fault that you've spent over 34,000 battles making no substantial progress on your skill level, but somehow you think it's their fault for actually working at getting better.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with being bad, or in your case there is nothing wrong with being average, but there is a whole lot wrong with trash talking people and calling them "no lifers" because they have chosen to use their time differently from you. You have every right to be average at the game, it's no one's business but your own. Conversely, you have no right to complain that other people have gotten better then you because they focused more on improving their skills. Your choices are perfectly valid as long as you take responsibility for your choices, and the results of your choices, and don't spout nonsense about what other people have accomplished with their choices.

Using your logic, that makes every single person who plays a Tier X tank in a battle with Tier VIII tanks a "no lifer". Having a Tier X tank in a battle with Tier VIII tanks is a "bonus" that hey earned with previous battles, and that "bonus" helps them do better against Tier VIII tanks, which according to your logic makes all of those players in Tier X tanks a bunch of "no lifers".

This same thing happens in every online game. People who play in the advanced PvP leagues in every game earn gear and rewards that they are then allowed to use when they play other battle modes. For example, people who do PvP seasons in WoW are able to use their PvP-rewards gear when they do public battlegrounds and open-world PvP. Allowing player to play, using the rewards they have earned by playing the game, is standard practice in every type of game, all across the gaming industry. If you don't like that basic fact of online gaming then you're never going to find a game that makes you happy, that's simply how it's done. Player are allowed to use the rewards they have earned because of course they are.

Since you like to throw out comparisons between Clan Wars and the NFL, here's a little story for you. I used to play games of friendly football at a friend's house, he would have a big party a couple of times a year and have a fun game of football in his back yard (he had 5 acres). We'd pick teams and play for about 30 minutes. The catch is that he was a former NFL player, and about half of the people who came to his parties and played football there were former college and former NFL players. Now, based on your posts, here's something that will really surprise you. They. Were. All. Better. Than. Me. Apparently you would find it shocking that a bunch of people who were really good at football in college and the NFL just happened to also be really good at foot ball at a backyard picnic. I could have had the best gear on the field against them playing naked, and they would still have been better than me.

This is the same situation in Ranked battles. WG could give you the best tank in the game, and all of those players would still be better than you. Why? Because they're better than you. Whew, mystery solved!

Ranked battles are a test of individual skill, but not a test of teamwork. Or at least they're not any more a test of teamwork than pub battles are. There's a little bit of teamwork, just like pub battles, but only a little. Ranked battles are really a competition to see who can be the best individual players on their team, and they just so happen to temporarily have a shared mutual interest with the other 14 people on their team, and ultimately that's not really teamwork.

That's a non-argument, you're just vomiting up buzz words in the hopes of scoring points. "Premium" ammo can be bought with credits, every player in the game can use it. Even a 100% F2P player can save up enough credits to fire 100% prem ammo in Ranked battles, there's nothing to prevent every player in the game from doing this. It is soooo easy to get credits nowadays that the entire argument over prem ammo has become a non-issue. Anyone who can't maintain enough credits to fire prem ammo and still make progress in the game is simply brain dead.

You have clearly never played a game that is truly P2W, they are terribly different from WoT (and they are also terrible, of course).

There are plenty of F2P purple players in WoT, that cannot happen in a P2W game.

There are plenty of F2P players who play Clan Wars, that cannot happen in a P2W game.

There are plenty of F2P players who win tournaments, that cannot happen in a P2W game.

If you want to see what it's like to play a true P2W game then go spend some time looking at mobile games. There are hundreds of mobile games that are free, as long as you don't care about being top ranked, but the moment you want to be competitive you find that it's absolutely not possible unless you regularly, consistently spend money or you spend an ungodly amount of time playing. In WoT, on the other hand, you can be a purple player regardless of whether you're a premium or free player, you can play (and win at) Clan Wars, you can play (and win) tournaments, you can to everything in WoT and be a purple player all for free, and the amount of extra time you have to spend for being a free player is pretty decent compared to the vast majority of mobile games.

The extra credits and XP that you get for being a premium player in WoT is simply not that big a deal compared to being a premium player in so many other games. This is not a P2W game, and if you think it is then you really need to spend some time trying to win at Clash of Clans, Lords Mobile, Castle Clash, or hundreds and hundreds of other P2W games.

Edited by Pipinghot, Nov 06 2019 - 18:13.

Markd73 #37 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 32843 battles

View PostWarDemon_2019, on Nov 04 2019 - 21:34, said:

I am not a great player, and probably never will be. Though I do try to improve my game play, my main goal is to try to have fun (Although that is getting harder to do these days), rather than take it super serious and get mad at everyone else's game play. There is an old saying "To the Victor goes the spoils" meaning when you win you get the good stuff, so I have no problem with the best players getting the rewards. That's the way it should be!. If you don't like it, get better. I do though have a bit of a  problem with the format for special modes like Frontline, Ranked battles, Clan Wars, and Advances (this one I am on the fence on though). When you have a mode that is claiming to test YOUR skills or your teams skills against other players in the game, than the playing field should be as level as possible, and as not everyone can afford to shoot all special ammo,en 

Then buy a premium account or just do free to play on frontlines to grind credits to then shoot special ammo.

nor do they have the Premium or reward tanks.

These can be earned in any number of different ways. You just have to put in the effort. Alternatively you can just use tier 5 tanks on a free to play to earn credits. It takes longer but is still very doable.

I would like to see these modes use Researchable vehicles only, and nothing but standard AP ammo, no auto aims, or other mods, even if they are now in game like the EBRs auto aim, and tanks like the Obj 140 or M48, etc. etc.,

So you want to punish the people who earned their vehicles? Sounds more like a desire for equality of outcome than equality of opportunity to me.

would either need to be given a AP shell or locked out as their standard as you know is APCR. The reward tanks and Premium tanks could be used in Random/Grand battles, etc. of course.

See comment above. No thanks.

This would be a truer test of everyone's abilities, and eliminate a lot of the complaining. But I would not like to see these modes become like kids sports these days, where everyone gets a participation trophy and you don't even keep score.

What you are asking for is to gimp other players who put in the money (supporting the game) and/or effort to earn these other tanks. Sounds more like you want everyone to get a participation trophy with that reasoning.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

Thanks,

Tolos #38 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 21:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 04 2019 - 04:32, said:

After trying to play Ranked Battles for this last week, I see the same names on the leader boards as you see in top Clan Wars clans.

Why?  Because they are all no lifers who play Clan Wars, Spam Premium Ammo and bring that crap to Ranked Battles. 

Plus the new Bonus Battles allowed them all to get promoted way ahead of the rest of us, so we have to play in tech tree tanks with the inbred windowlickers while they already Ranked Out.

Such a pointless game mode, can't grind a new tank, can't grind for credits in Tier X when spamming premium ammo.

Why bother to play ?? I can't find a reason anymore.

Its funny when people with double the amount of battles of some of the ' top players ' call them no lifers. Maybe you should try quality over quantity, you might get better rewards that way. 

Tolos #39 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 21:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Nov 05 2019 - 00:48, said:

Anyone playing baddy bingo, you might have won with this post !!!!

DerJager #40 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 23:33

Major

• Players
  • 6403 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

I think the problem is that the reward tanks are just blatantly better than the tech tree equivalents.

They should be unique, fun, and very middling in performance. Otherwise you end up with a situation like the T95/Chieftain where they're arguably superior to any tech tree tank.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know they're not invulnerable, I've fought them in clan wars and knocked a few of them out. The problem is that they just don't have many disadvantages that actually matter. At least the conqueror you have a fair chance of going through the gun mantlet or lower turret face with gold.

Hell, if I'd had a Chieftain instead of an IS7, I probably could have held a few more flanks in CW. 

Also tagged with OP, tanks, WoT, unfair, Reward, Ranked, Rankings, Random, strongholds, Noobs

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users