Why Pay to play when OP tanks & rewards go to the SAME PLAYERS!

OP tanks WoT unfair Reward Ranked Rankings Random strongholds Noobs

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson #41 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 08:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 26115 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

Here's the problem:

• ranked game modes allow players to use tanks that are better than normal tanks
  • those better tanks can only be gained by doing well in ranked/competitive game modes
  • using these tanks lets you do better in ranked game modes, allowing such players to earn more advantages for future ranked game modes
  • guys who have jobs and families (ie, most players in this game) can't put in the time commitment to do clan wars successfully. I did clan wars like a million years ago and it's a lot of effort.

The credit cost of ammo isn't the issue.

The premium consumables aren't the issue.

The issue is that ranked is dominated by chieftans and you can't get chieftans without a time machine so you can go back to the season of clan wars where they gave them out and put your time into winning it.

If ranked is supposed to be about skill, everyone should be stuck with tech tree tanks. Or better yet, force people to pick from a roster of pre-chosen tanks with identical crews. But that's not what we have. Instead, we get medium skill players in tech tree tanks competing against much better players with chieftans (with 5-6 skill crews, improved equipment, food, etc). And of course, guess who gets the reward tanks from ranked battles? The guys who already have the other reward tanks.

Edited by Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson, Nov 15 2019 - 08:55.

Radio_Demon #42 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 17:22

Captain

• Players
  • 38399 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostGhost_of_Charles_Bronson, on Nov 15 2019 - 08:49, said:

Here's the problem:

• ranked game modes allow players to use tanks that are better than normal tanks
  • those better tanks can only be gained by doing well in ranked/competitive game modes
  • using these tanks lets you do better in ranked game modes, allowing such players to earn more advantages for future ranked game modes
  • guys who have jobs and families (ie, most players in this game) can't put in the time commitment to do clan wars successfully. I did clan wars like a million years ago and it's a lot of effort.

The issue is that ranked is dominated by chieftans and you can't get chieftans without a time machine so you can go back to the season of clan wars where they gave them out and put your time into winning it.

If ranked is supposed to be about skill, everyone should be stuck with tech tree tanks. Or better yet, force people to pick from a roster of pre-chosen tanks with identical crews. But that's not what we have. Instead, we get medium skill players in tech tree tanks competing against much better players with chieftans (with 5-6 skill crews, improved equipment, food, etc). And of course, guess who gets the reward tanks from ranked battles? The guys who already have the other reward tanks.

Anyone can get cw reward tanks and the 279 which is prob what you are complaining about does actually take some skill to get.  But the reason top players stomp people in those tanks is the same reason they got them because they are good. Doing cw there was one clan otter went up against every game they would bring 6-7 279e's geuss how many battles they won against us. The most we brought where 2.

Ghost_of_Charles_Bronson #43 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 05:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 26115 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

No, it's not about the 279(e). It's only got 5 degrees of gun depression and you can easily pen the hull frontally with HEAT. I imagine it's amazing for pubstomping, but against the tryhard crowd it's merely a good tank, not OP.

The chieftan is basically a patton (which is already a good tank), only:

• more gun depression
  • more alpha
  • more top speed
  • actually indestructible turret, even against gold

If you have a suggestion for how I can get a chieftain or something comparable, I'm all ears.

DerJager #44 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 10:30

Major

• Players
  • 6403 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

View PostGhost_of_Charles_Bronson, on Nov 15 2019 - 20:25, said:

No, it's not about the 279(e). It's only got 5 degrees of gun depression and you can easily pen the hull frontally with HEAT. I imagine it's amazing for pubstomping, but against the tryhard crowd it's merely a good tank, not OP.

• more gun depression
  • more alpha
  • more top speed

If you have a suggestion for how I can get a chieftain or something comparable, I'm all ears.

Easy. Just become better and boost your stats to where high performing clans will take you, and then play just enough CW to get a tank, and then done (presumably immediately bailing from said Clan).

Face it. Many people here have zero idea about how impractical the time commitments can be. I'm a sous chef at a club with a pretty damn easy schedule. Alternating days, I'm out by 8:00 PST unless we have some event going on.

But that still precludes me from a LOT of clan battles. And of course my girlfriend, dog, and friends get dibs on me on my weekends, because, you know, I like maintaining my relationships.

But there's plenty of people here who don't know what a real days work is, and it's not simply that they have UNREASONABLE expectations for time commitment, it's that they have an UNREALISTIC idea of what life for most people looks like.

Getting these tanks takes a real commitment in one form or another. No average Joe Casual will get one without some serious effort. And that's fine.

What these window licking imbeciles don't understand is that the problem is simply that these tanks are strong performers. They should be like the AE Phase I: unique, fun, and average. 

Radio_Demon #45 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 17:29

Captain

• Players
  • 38399 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostGhost_of_Charles_Bronson, on Nov 16 2019 - 05:25, said:

• more gun depression
  • more alpha
  • more top speed

Sconq is  chief eith slightly worse turret armour and 10 kph less speed and more dpm and better gun handeling but other than that pretty similar.

Radio_Demon #46 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 38399 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostDerJager, on Nov 16 2019 - 10:30, said:

Easy. Just become better and boost your stats to where high performing clans will take you, and then play just enough CW to get a tank, and then done (presumably immediately bailing from said Clan).

Face it. Many people here have zero idea about how impractical the time commitments can be. I'm a sous chef at a club with a pretty damn easy schedule. Alternating days, I'm out by 8:00 PST unless we have some event going on.

But that still precludes me from a LOT of clan battles. And of course my girlfriend, dog, and friends get dibs on me on my weekends, because, you know, I like maintaining my relationships.

But there's plenty of people here who don't know what a real days work is, and it's not simply that they have UNREASONABLE expectations for time commitment, it's that they have an UNREALISTIC idea of what life for most people looks like.

Getting these tanks takes a real commitment in one form or another. No average Joe Casual will get one without some serious effort. And that's fine.

What these window licking imbeciles don't understand is that the problem is simply that these tanks are strong performers. They should be like the AE Phase I: unique, fun, and average. 

I got my first one when I had 1.6k recents went to school and worked.  If you are good enough to join a good clan you can qualify for a tank in like 8 battles. Otherwise you are going to play about 30-70 depending on your clan the map you are on and how much you win

BigJohnsonLogan #47 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 22:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35685 battles

View PostGhost_of_Charles_Bronson, on Nov 15 2019 - 02:49, said:

Here's the problem:

This guy gets what I am saying. It's not Ranked Battles based solely on game skill, but did you bring the OP Reward Tank and all the Premium Ammo and the 5 Skill Crew and the Bond equipment ?

That way you can hull down, spam premium ammo and farm damage plus heavy tank brawling role points to get Top 3 whether the team wins or loses ??

Exactly that.

Also tagged with OP, tanks, WoT, unfair, Reward, Ranked, Rankings, Random, strongholds, Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users