Jump to content


A WELL DESERVED REWARD 2019?

event reward gift

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

RumourHasIt #1 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 15:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25366 battles
  • 92
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

Do you think there will be a "Well Deserved Reward" this year?

Or, was this just a ploy last year to get older players to return with the offering of the T-50-2.

Last year, on the 26th it was announced along with a pretty cool vid.

 

I do hope they continue with this. It was a big win on Wargamings part.



gen_penguin #2 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 15:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13153 battles
  • 621
  • Member since:
    05-11-2015
When I opened my WOT launcher the other day there was a link in the news section, dont see it now but from the looks of it this years is the same as last years ... i think it is happening the end of this month

gatorken #3 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 16:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 78853 battles
  • 374
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013
The link was to last years event - I fell for the click bait as well and then looked at the date and it was 2018.  I will make no further comment regarding the competency of WG.

Chronus1326 #4 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 17:53

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3404 battles
  • 54
  • [PNTRS] PNTRS
  • Member since:
    03-28-2017
Yeah its just like the Halloween event 2019, they made promises and then reversed themselves at the last minute.  WG does this all the time. The least they could have done is given a gift in place of content.

porsche97 #5 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 17:58

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8011 battles
  • 24
  • [PIKE] PIKE
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
Wargaming keeps on making promises that they can't keep. Whenever they announce something like events or future nerfs of buffs or balances Im not getting excited anymore.

RumourHasIt #6 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 18:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25366 battles
  • 92
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

Wargaming never made a promise that the "Well Deserved Reward" event was going to happen again. What they did say is this.

 

We hope to continue this tradition next year and make it even better. Enjoy your rewards, you deserve them!

 

"We hope" isn't a promise, as much as I would like to see it happen again.



nrnstraswa #7 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 19:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16485 battles
  • 583
  • [AJ] AJ
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Knowing WG I highly doubt we'll see another reward like that. 

Steeldeathdriver #8 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 19:21

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 32354 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

WG is becoming more and more unstable in advertising, promotion, execution. 

However excelling in the sales of new premium tanks. 

Perhaps the end is near?

/shrug



RG_Notch #9 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 19:35

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29202 battles
  • 953
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View PostRumourHasIt, on Nov 05 2019 - 12:47, said:

Wargaming never made a promise that the "Well Deserved Reward" event was going to happen again. What they did say is this.

 

We hope to continue this tradition next year and make it even better. Enjoy your rewards, you deserve them!

 

"We hope" isn't a promise, as much as I would like to see it happen again.

Even when WG promises, like when they promised to never ever sell the mutant again, they don't follow through. 



RingoMcHarrison #10 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 19:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 36940 battles
  • 5,326
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostRumourHasIt, on Nov 05 2019 - 14:47, said:

Wargaming never made a promise that the "Well Deserved Reward" event was going to happen again. What they did say is this.

 

We hope to continue this tradition next year and make it even better. Enjoy your rewards, you deserve them!

 

"We hope" isn't a promise, as much as I would like to see it happen again.

 

Pretty much like the E-25 incident. "We'll remove the tank from the shop for the near future" for some people meant "we'll never sell it again".



Vava_das_SPGs #11 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 20:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26490 battles
  • 2,209
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View PostRumourHasIt, on Nov 05 2019 - 11:55, said:

Do you think there will be a "Well Deserved Reward" this year?

Or, was this just a ploy last year to get older players to return with the offering of the T-50-2.

Last year, on the 26th it was announced along with a pretty cool vid.

 

I do hope they continue with this. It was a big win on Wargamings part.

I think the Frontline being a 10 episode (1 per month) mode, with the AE Phase I being available as the last vehicle, it was a "well deserved reward".
I know it isn't "OP", but it's a decent vehicle (like the T-50-2).



RumourHasIt #12 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 12:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25366 battles
  • 92
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

View PostRingoMcHarrison, on Nov 05 2019 - 13:53, said:

 

Pretty much like the E-25 incident. "We'll remove the tank from the shop for the near future" for some people meant "we'll never sell it again".


For sure



Norseskald #13 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 13:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22585 battles
  • 464
  • [SKALD] SKALD
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
remember when wg said premi tanks would never be better than tech tree tanks? yet here we are with the ebr vrs the 6x6

Redcoat #14 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 13:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 68194 battles
  • 1,157
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

View PostRumourHasIt, on Nov 05 2019 - 18:47, said:

Wargaming never made a promise that the "Well Deserved Reward" event was going to happen again. What they did say is this.

 

We hope to continue this tradition next year and make it even better. Enjoy your rewards, you deserve them!

 

"We hope" isn't a promise, as much as I would like to see it happen again.

 

What they also said re: the Well Deserved Reward event was this: You can grab your rewards starting Nov. 28, 2018 until December 2019. Which is why it's still in the news circuit for WoT; because anyone who hasn't yet claimed the reward still has a month to do so... 

 

I don't believe Wargaming's promises or competence are at issue here. A lack of fundamental reading comprehension on the part of the player base is not an issue they can resolve.



Norseskald #15 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 13:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22585 battles
  • 464
  • [SKALD] SKALD
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostRedcoat, on Nov 09 2019 - 13:28, said:

 

What they also said re: the Well Deserved Reward event was this: You can grab your rewards starting Nov. 28, 2018 until December 2019. Which is why it's still in the news circuit for WoT; because anyone who hasn't yet claimed the reward still has a month to do so... 

 

I don't believe Wargaming's promises or competence are at issue here. A lack of fundamental reading comprehension on the part of the player base is not an issue they can resolve.

didnt take long for wg fans to come, if you take about 20 minutes look through the forums, theres plenty of documented contradictions, ultimately its their game could careless, but to say  that wgs promises and competence is suspect AF, is either really naive, or just plain shrilling  



Steeldeathdriver #16 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 16:03

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 32354 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

Even if the link was to last years event, they just released it as if to say it were relevant now.

If they did not mean that page to apply to this month then why release the statement again now?



Dain_Ironfoot_ #17 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 16:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25015 battles
  • 2,374
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014
They said they would HOPE to do it every year, and it would be nice if they did it again this year at the end of the month.  It shouldn't be very hard since it's not like they have to program a new game mode for it or anything.  :P

madogthefirst #18 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 16:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 24871 battles
  • 9,283
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011
If they are planning on doing it again what is next the awful panther?

_mlg_taco_fire_ #19 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 18:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28443 battles
  • 435
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

TBH I hated grinding credits before hand, that gift got me back into the game and I started playing actively the past year

 

they should give out some sort of gift, maybe not as big as last year, but definitely something

 

this is the best time to get people interested as the winter months are coming which is usually when most people stay indoors and play



streams12 #20 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 19:59

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 35349 battles
  • 121
  • [DKFT] DKFT
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postgen_penguin, on Nov 05 2019 - 15:58, said:

When I opened my WOT launcher the other day there was a link in the news section, dont see it now but from the looks of it this years is the same as last years ... i think it is happening the end of this month

That should only remind players who haven’t received it yet.







Also tagged with event, reward, gift

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users