• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Vulcan_Spectre #41 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 21:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5628 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View Post__Mystic, on Nov 06 2019 - 15:23, said:

Instead youll be seeing nothing but "op" premium tanks that are worse than the tier 10 reward tanks. So far in the matches ive played chieftains and 279s are deciding the matches. People playing stupid is deciding the matches.

I'd rather see a defender then a 279(e), but I changed my opinion, look at #35

RoIito #42 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17872 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostCaptainBussey, on Nov 06 2019 - 13:41, said:

No, I wanted him to name what he considers OP tier VIII.

You're welcome to name a few as well.

I know the Defender is one.

Of course stuff like the Defender, IS-3A, Skorpion G, Progetto 46, EBR 75 and so many others I'm not gonna bother naming them all.

Bonfor #43 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 851 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
I have no dog in this fight but Warships moves their ranked tiers around...it makes it not about the grind as much as player skill.

Nooobinator #44 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22024 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View Post1984BigBrother, on Nov 06 2019 - 13:17, said:

Tankers,

First of all, I would like to apologize for this message taking so long to make. There are a lot of moving pieces that go into making these events happen, and we didn’t want to promise anything that we could not deliver.

When we originally announced the cancelation of the Ranked Battle season we were not sure if we would be able to deliver the two seasons that followed. Our focus immediately became to review this mode and ensure that it would work for the NA players. Since then, we launched the first season on NA and have plans in the works for the second season. The rewards for these two seasons (including the tank) will go out as planned.

What does this mean? Well, we still want to offer you the opportunity to earn the Bonds and Gold from the first season. We have come to an agreement that these will be given out as part of a makeup event after the final season of Ranked Battles. This event will be tailored to the Ranked audience, but will be different than the current Ranked Battle mode.

We will provide additional information as soon as we can.

GL HF,

Big

This is exciting news. The issue with Ranked Battles on the NA server is the lack of player population at tier 10 leading to high ranked players being dropped in lower ranked battles making the entire player pool stagnant and unable to progress as they normally would. WGing recognized this problem as the reason for cancelling the 1st season on the NA server. 

We need the largest player pool available to make Ranked Battles work as they are designed. Players should be competing against players of equal rank to determine if they advance or not. 

Tier 8 is the logical choice for the largest pool. All tanks should be included and available just like in Frontline BUT WGing should allow rentals of premium tanks in the same way as Frontline. The player pool would be massive with this change. 

We would have battles against equal ranked players. 

xX__PattonRommel590__Xx #45 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34637 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostSupaD63, on Nov 06 2019 - 11:15, said:

What about the ranked tokens from Season 1? will there be an opportunity to earn those as well or just the gold and bonds? I would really like to know how much grinding I need to do to get the reward tank.

They already adjusted how many tokens you need for the rewards for 2 seasons instead of 3. You dont need to earn more than from 2 seasons

Nooobinator #46 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22024 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostSkipstar, on Nov 06 2019 - 16:41, said:

They already adjusted how many tokens you need for the rewards for 2 seasons instead of 3. You dont need to earn more than from 2 seasons

Except that the insufficient player population in tier 10 on the NA server isn't allowing players to progress as they should which means players are not going to get the tokens they would have if there had been sufficient players in the first place. WGing recognized the insufficient player pool available in tier 10 when they originally cancelled the 1st season. Additional tokens should be added to this additional event. 

DrWho_ #47 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 23:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 25970 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Nov 06 2019 - 21:02, said:

Like pubbies are a separate lower class from the rest of the game. Condescending elitism assholieness runs very high in that statement. People who start "new accounts" seem to have a corner on the jerk market on here. Add to it the market is cornered IMO on people whining by the Anime avatar folks.

This thread really made some people show their true colours didn't it ?

I don't play tier 10 and I have no real interest in the ranked stuff so I don't have a dog in this fight but this thread has been interesting to read 

Scorpiany #48 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 23:55

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37226 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Nov 06 2019 - 12:23, said:

It's be nice to see tier ***9*** ranked, so 1 people who ain't yet at tier 10 can do it, and 2 op reward tanks such as 279 and cheiften won't be too much of a factor

I second this notion. Tier 9 Ranked Battles would be a lot more fun. Besides, the Ranked reward is a Tier 9 tank. Why not just make a season of Tier 9 Ranked and make that our 3rd season?

Jcubx #49 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 00:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4562 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostScorpiany, on Nov 06 2019 - 23:55, said:

I second this notion. Tier 9 Ranked Battles would be a lot more fun. Besides, the Ranked reward is a Tier 9 tank. Why not just make a season of Tier 9 Ranked and make that our 3rd season?

Agreed, and as someone else mentioned I like how World of Warships jumps from tier to tier.  Keeps it fresh and interesting. 

Atragon #50 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 44096 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

Maybe they should rent out the reward tanks. I am watching these unicum streamers play and most of them use nothing but the reward tanks. Im going to stick my neck out here and assume that these players would be half the player they claim to be on the title of their stream if they didn't have their OP reward tanks; and the reason they don't want others players to get them is that the game would be that much harder for them and they would not be the player they claim to be.

And to add some of these unicum CC's have all the special equipment they want, plenty of crew skills, and have never had to grind a stock tank and go around seal clubbing in pubs with their boosted tanks.

Edited by Atragon, Nov 07 2019 - 00:47.

Selkmanam #51 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 01:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15885 battles
  • [WILDH] WILDH
why dont ban special tanks from rankeds? it fells like cheating when i use my chieftain in rankeds and im an average player

Jcubx #52 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 04:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4562 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostAtragon, on Nov 07 2019 - 00:44, said:

these players would be half the player they claim to be on the title of their stream if they didn't have their OP reward tanks; and the reason they don't want others players to get them is that the game would be that much harder for them and they would not be the player they claim to be.

And to add some of these unicum CC's have all the special equipment they want, plenty of crew skills, and have never had to grind a stock tank and go around seal clubbing in pubs with their boosted tanks.

Hard disagree.  They’re good players regardless of the tanks they play.  

they grinder out the vast majority of their tanks, they became contributors long after they started.  They didn’t get what they have for free from the get go. They had to make a name for themselves first. 

SporkBoy #53 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 48969 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Tier 6 ranked battles FTW!

Buddha1369 #54 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 04:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22528 battles

Can you tell us when this run ends?  In-game it says the 18th.

Edit: Maybe I am crazy but I thought it ended this weekend but I just checked the article and it says 18th just like in-game.

Edited by Buddha1369, Nov 07 2019 - 04:35.

LordSerb #55 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 8975 battles
In regards to the 12 token highest tier reward, will that be changed to 10?  As far as I know you can only get a max of 10 tokens, just enough for the 3rd prize/tank, but what about the top tier prize?

DomoSapien #56 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 17:17

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14965 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostJcubx, on Nov 06 2019 - 21:08, said:

Hard disagree.  They’re good players regardless of the tanks they play.  

they grinder out the vast majority of their tanks, they became contributors long after they started.  They didn’t get what they have for free from the get go. They had to make a name for themselves first. 

CC's don't get Reward Tanks, Gold, Bonds, or improved equipment from Wargaming. They only get access to new premiums in return for creating content about these new premiums. The Chieftain is an excellent vehicle, some cases could certainly be made and have been made by players about the vehicle's performance, but it's far from idiot-proof.

Trust me, I'm an idiot and I have a 40% winrate in the T95/FV4201. The one time I took it into a Ranked battle this season I got absolutely stomped by someone in a Super Conqueror.

View PostBuddha1369, on Nov 06 2019 - 21:29, said:

Can you tell us when this run ends?  In-game it says the 18th.

Edit: Maybe I am crazy but I thought it ended this weekend but I just checked the article and it says 18th just like in-game.

Ranked Battles will run until Monday, Nov 18th.

Edited by DomoSapien, Nov 07 2019 - 17:18.

Atragon #57 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 44096 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 07 2019 - 11:17, said:

CC's don't get Reward Tanks, Gold, Bonds, or improved equipment from Wargaming. They only get access to new premiums in return for creating content about these new premiums. The Chieftain is an excellent vehicle, some cases could certainly be made and have been made by players about the vehicle's performance, but it's far from idiot-proof.

Trust me, I'm an idiot and I have a 40% winrate in the T95/FV4201. The one time I took it into a Ranked battle this season I got absolutely stomped by someone in a Super Conqueror.

Ranked Battles will run until Monday, Nov 18th.

I believe Skill4ltu was given both his 279e and Chieftain and Claus too I think. And Clause mentioned in his video he can put an unlimited skilled crew on it. 

But they play in pubs.

Edited by Atragon, Nov 07 2019 - 18:25.

Jcubx #58 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 18:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4562 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostAtragon, on Nov 07 2019 - 18:14, said:

I believe Skill4ltu was given both his 279e and Chieftain and Claus too I think. And Clause mentioned in his video he can put an unlimited skilled crew on it.

Skill was given a rental T95/FV4201 to try to mark it.  Not gifted to own.  

Claus uses his CC account for videos which has near limitless resources to use for content creation, not his personal account.  

Atragon #59 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 18:29

Major

• Players
  • 44096 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

View PostJcubx, on Nov 07 2019 - 12:21, said:

Skill was given a rental T95/FV4201 to try to mark it.  Not gifted to own.  

Claus uses his CC account for videos which has near limitless resources to use for content creation, not his personal account.  

Skill has paused 3 marking the Chieftain and said he will get back to it at a later date. Sounds like a pretty good rental period and he is in pubs bullying lessor tanks with it and his 3 pieces of enhanced equipment.

Squeekles #60 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 18:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5774 battles

After reading a lot about all these issues and others here on the forum, I keep seeing the same arguments fought over time and time again.

The Game has two issue that seems to keep coming head to head.

1.Keeping Veteran players ( those that have attained for what ever means ) OP or better special tanks.
2.Growing and getting New players ( those that have to grind to attain those tanks )

The problem ( and I was not here long ago ) I see is that those OP tanks were never in the game when the Veterans were the New players.
I'm sure there were OP tanks and OP players in the early or mid days of the game but based off the posts in recent years on this forum
it seems that the new tanks are super tanks.

So its hard to square the two issues.. Veterans who earned there rewards are now using those rewards against the New players who cannot possibly
fight them.... Thusly new players complain about the issue and are called many names in regards to getting something for free...

Its a hard issue to square as either one of these groups will be punished by allowing the other to retain or gain what they want.

I can see both sides of the issue... and can only add my thoughts on them....

New Players - You must realize that the veteran players probably did spent a lot of time achieving there status and garages and they want to play
those tanks where they want to play those tanks... We all have the option to slug it up to that level....

Veterans - You must realize that New players will accurately see the allowance of the use of your Special tanks ( that are very late game tanks) as
a bonus to you and a hindrance to them....I would also hope that veteran players would see that the game has changed since they started and if in the
shoes of a new player.. Perhaps they would see the disparages of new tank types in the Public game....

Unfortunately I don't see this issue being resolved as it will take the individual player to look outside there own wants and desires and put themselves
into another's boots to see there side... It seems The Game has no interest in solving this as it will ultimately hurt one of these two sides....

PS. I do however see this as an issue with new player sign up and retention... and possibly leading to all the veteran OP pixel tanks going away
when the server eventually is shut down.. leading to NO new or old play... I hope not...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users