Multiple issues with recent update

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

wormDancer #1 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 20:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10741 battles

Since that last update I have a few problems.  I'm running the SD version.

Originally I was unable to ECS out to the menu but that was resolved by an erase and re-install of the game.  

A. The game does not quit.  If I quit by   doing Exit game > Are you sure ? > Yes,  from the Garage, The Game never quits. I have to force quit.

B.  If any Anti-aliasing level is selected, the result is a black screen.  (fwiw.  this has been an issue since the new launcher and it's corresponding game version.)

I'm running the SD version.   Has anyone else had these issues? 

Attached Files

• Attached File   Macinfo2.jpg   104.73K

Edited by wormDancer, Nov 06 2019 - 21:14.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #2 Posted Nov 06 2019 - 22:50

Captain

• Players
  • 29402 battles
Sorry but no

_Katyusha___ #3 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 00:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16872 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
Everything running smoothly for my potato. Now if only MM and RNG could be better....

black_colt #4 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 05:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostwormDancer, on Nov 06 2019 - 11:18, said:

Since that last update I have a few problems.  I'm running the SD version.

Originally I was unable to ECS out to the menu but that was resolved by an erase and re-install of the game.  

A. The game does not quit.  If I quit by   doing Exit game > Are you sure ? > Yes,  from the Garage, The Game never quits. I have to force quit.

B.  If any Anti-aliasing level is selected, the result is a black screen.  (fwiw.  this has been an issue since the new launcher and it's corresponding game version.)

I'm running the SD version.   Has anyone else had these issues? 

If you do not follow the instructions from CodeWeavers [they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper and the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper for Wargaming] on uninstalling then you may experience issues as other methods do not completely delete the wrapper[s].

For your convenience there are the instructions - I recommend that you follow them to uninstall and then reinstall so that you are starting with a clean slate.

Please try completely removing WGC and WOT using the following CodeWeavers uninstall scripts, then reinstall through the Wargaming.net Game Center client again.

You can download the scripts from -
https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/WOT-uninstaller.zip
https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/Wargaming-Center-delete-script.zip
using the access code 'oem'.

Unzip it if that doesn’t happen automatically. Your computer will most likely block the scripts from running the first time you try to open it. If this does happen, you can get around that by opening System Preferences > Security and Privacy and clicking on the Open Anyway button near the bottom of the window.

After the script runs, you will see a notification in the top right corner of the screen. At this point you can empty the trash, reboot the computer, then reinstall the game through the Game Center at the following links:

http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_NA.dmg
http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_EU.dmg
http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_RU.dmg

WaywardSaint #5 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 23:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 19144 battles

Had the same exact problem with my mid-2011 iMac.  Completely removed the game and files per Black Colt process without success.  The only work-around is to turn off antialiasing.

milesbeach69 #6 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 00:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 10647 battles
  • [GOZER] GOZER

My problem is the game starts to load then the screen flashes a few times then the main screen loads and its just the top 1/2 of the game then the next screen is a blue triangle with lil grey triangles all over it. then  one the game fully loads i hear the birds singing and then sky image shows up and a line at the top and bottom of the screen. I can click around but the only thing on my screen is the image of the sky. I can rotate and the sky changes and i can click where my tanks are on the bottom of the screen and once an a while one will show up but be flickering then go a way. I tried everything from uninstalling it and running it in safe mode and default graphics mode nothing works it does the same thing every time.

I had it running perfect right be for this last update two days again. and help would be greatly appreciated. 

milesbeach69 #7 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 00:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 10647 battles
  • [GOZER] GOZER

my mac is late 2011 running 10.11.6 

black_colt #8 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 01:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostWaywardSaint, on Nov 07 2019 - 14:35, said:

Had the same exact problem with my mid-2011 iMac.  Completely removed the game and files per Black Colt process without success.  The only work-around is to turn off antialiasing.

View Postmilesbeach69, on Nov 07 2019 - 15:27, said:

my mac is late 2011 running 10.11.6 

As these are legacy machines/OS with 512MB of dedicated video RAM - I recommend that you each raise an Expert Support ticket with CodeWeavers on the settings.

Perhaps the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was not tested against older hardware and macOS - OR - you are now restricted to Minimum Settings

pommis #9 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 06:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

[edited]this [edited],cant install mods anymore, game doesn't start if you copy mods to the game.

Edit.game lags so much that the game is unplayable.

Edited by pommis, Nov 08 2019 - 08:10.

black_colt #10 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 17:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View Postpommis, on Nov 07 2019 - 21:45, said:

[edited]this [edited],cant install mods anymore, game doesn't start if you copy mods to the game.

Edit.game lags so much that the game is unplayable.

The inability to install mods is a known issue with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper since many mods - including XVM - are 32-bit.

Have you raised an Expert Support ticket with CodeWeavers in regards to lag?  If not, then I recommend that you do.

Much of this is in the thread - Consolidation - Game Center Related.

pommis #11 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 19:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Where is the link for the CodeWeavers? 4 pinned topics and no link for support.

Edited by pommis, Nov 08 2019 - 19:55.

black_colt #12 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View Postpommis, on Nov 08 2019 - 10:54, said:

Where is the link for the CodeWeavers? 4 pinned topics and no link for support.

I am not going to check whether a link posting will not violate any of the Forum rules.  Perhaps you should stop posting in multiple threads for the same issue and just search for it via Google/Bing?

ATrollingTank #13 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 21089 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD
I have had the game quit issue where it doesn't close out and I have to force quit it. It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not.

black_colt #14 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 22:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostATrollingTank, on Nov 08 2019 - 12:59, said:

I have had the game quit issue where it doesn't close out and I have to force quit it. It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not.

Most likely related to an incomplete uninstall.  Unless you follow the uninstall instructions in Post #4 in this thread you can reasonably expect issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper.

If you did follow those instructions then:

Check for an update - IIRC there was an update to the WG Game Center Wrapper [from 3.x to 3.3.1] a couple of days ago which fixed some issues - e.g., having two icons in the dock.

Raise an Expert Support ticket with CodeWeavers.  They respond quickly to my tickets and I get the impression that they want to help the macOS community.

Please report back to the Forum on what steps were needed to get you back up and running so that others can learn from your trials-and-tribultions

Edited by black_colt, Nov 08 2019 - 22:07.

ATrollingTank #15 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 00:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 21089 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD
Did the complete uninstall as per those instructions. Did not have any issues until the WGC update 3.x to 3.3.1 a few days ago. I had been having two instances of WGC but this update addressed them. But now game can't gracefully quit. Fixed one thing broke another it seems.

black_colt #16 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 01:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostATrollingTank, on Nov 08 2019 - 15:17, said:

Did the complete uninstall as per those instructions. Did not have any issues until the WGC update 3.x to 3.3.1 a few days ago. I had been having two instances of WGC but this update addressed them. But now game can't gracefully quit. Fixed one thing broke another it seems.

I have not been experiencing that issue on either my 2015 iMac 5K Retina or my 2017 MacBook Pro after the latest WG Game Center Mac Wrapper update.  The World of Tanks shuts down gracefully as well as the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper on both hardware.  I am running macOS Catalina - do not recall you stating what version of macOS you are running ...

Unfortunately this leaves you with one last option - raise an Expert Support ticket with CodeWeavers to see if they can provide a solution.

If they do - please update this Forum thread with the steps so that others can benefit from your trials-and-tribulations ...

Edited by black_colt, Nov 09 2019 - 01:38.

wormDancer #17 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 03:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10741 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Nov 07 2019 - 05:55, said:

If you do not follow the instructions from CodeWeavers [they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper and the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper for Wargaming] on uninstalling then you may experience issues as other methods do not completely delete the wrapper[s].

For your convenience there are the instructions - I recommend that you follow them to uninstall and then reinstall so that you are starting with a clean slate.

Please try completely removing WGC and WOT using the following CodeWeavers uninstall scripts, then reinstall through the Wargaming.net Game Center client again.

You can download the scripts from -
https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/WOT-uninstaller.zip
https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/Wargaming-Center-delete-script.zip
using the access code 'oem'.

Unzip it if that doesn’t happen automatically. Your computer will most likely block the scripts from running the first time you try to open it. If this does happen, you can get around that by opening System Preferences > Security and Privacy and clicking on the Open Anyway button near the bottom of the window.

After the script runs, you will see a notification in the top right corner of the screen. At this point you can empty the trash, reboot the computer, then reinstall the game through the Game Center at the following links:

http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_NA.dmg
http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_EU.dmg
http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_RU.dmg

I did this. Twice.  No change. I have an open ticket with codeweavers. The AA is  a "just don't use it " sort of thing. Having to force quit EVERY TIME is a pain. 

Edited by wormDancer, Nov 09 2019 - 03:38.

black_colt #18 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 19:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostwormDancer, on Nov 08 2019 - 18:36, said:

I did this. Twice.  No change. I have an open ticket with codeweavers. The AA is  a "just don't use it " sort of thing. Having to force quit EVERY TIME is a pain. 

Could be a driver issue as the AMD Radeon RX 580 was never an OEM option on the Mac Pro.

Have you reached out to OWC about this?

wormDancer #19 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 20:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10741 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Nov 09 2019 - 19:09, said:

Could be a driver issue as the AMD Radeon RX 580 was never an OEM option on the Mac Pro.

Have you reached out to OWC about this?

The AMD Radeon RX580 driver is native to the OS in 10.12.6  and up. No third party driver required.  I've considered updating to 10.14 to see if it's simply because no one QA'd against 10.13.x  I have the Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8G because it is the specific model Apple uses in Thunderbolt/PCI enclosures in support of eGPU developers. The PULSE RX 580 is part of their development efforts in that regard. 

Apple has a short list of OS supported video cards here https://support.appl.../en-us/HT208898

Edited by wormDancer, Nov 10 2019 - 00:26.

ATrollingTank #20 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 22:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 21089 battles
  • [TILTD] TILTD
I am running Catalina for what it is worth. Force quitting is a pain but better than not being able to play the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users