Jump to content


Wargaming... You should have at least given us LAST Years "Halloween Hangar."


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Evergrow #1 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 16:49

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 100 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

I have no life, so getting the "Holiday Spirit" from the Holiday Hangars makes me happy.

 

Since you couldn't get this years Halloween hangar done, why didn't you just give us last years then?

I'm sure it still worked, save with some tweaks as necessary?  I mean, it's not like we haven't had the same hangar before.

 

I do not comprehend you...


Edited by Evergrow, Nov 07 2019 - 17:01.


HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 16:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 13614 battles
  • 14,860
  • [MSG] MSG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
War Gaming is so bent on fixing everything that is not broken.  I really liked 2017's Halloween event and that is what should have been brought back.  A couple of minor tweaks and it would have been just perfect but no, they have to keep on tinkering with it until it satisfies the babies on the russian servers which makes it impossible to bring to everyone else as they are never satisfied with anything.  WG, roll back Halloween and Christmas to 2017 event status and give it to all servers just like you did before and quit messing with it.

Edited by HOTA_CHATON, Nov 07 2019 - 16:53.


Desert_Fox_1969 #3 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 16:53

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36751 battles
  • 1,618
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013
No thanks. If you spend more time in the hangar than in battle you are doing it wrong. 

Evergrow #4 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 17:00

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 100 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Nov 07 2019 - 16:53, said:

No thanks. If you spend more time in the hangar than in battle you are doing it wrong. 

 

LOL no...  It's really the only way I can get an "immersive" Halloween experience on the computer, even if it's just for a minute or less, unless I intentionally activate my Screensaver, finding a Halloween themed one, but that's not convenient or practical.

 

So, even though it's not for long, we see it over and over, so I enjoyed the experience.

If you don't like Holiday Hangars, you could instead just ask Wargaming to add a setting to "disable" Special Hangars when they have them so you only see them when you want?

You don't "have" to ruin things for the rest of us.


Edited by Evergrow, Nov 07 2019 - 17:02.


nuclearguy931 #5 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 17:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 82535 battles
  • 10,990
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostEvergrow, on Nov 07 2019 - 10:00, said:

 

LOL no...  It's really the only way I can get an "immersive" Halloween experience on the computer, even if it's just for a minute or less, unless I intentionally activate my Screensaver, finding a Halloween themed one, but that's not convenient or practical.

 

So, even though it's not for long, we see it over and over, so I enjoyed the experience.

If you don't like Holiday Hangars, you could instead just ask Wargaming to add a setting to "disable" Special Hangars when they have them so you only see them when you want?

You don't "have" to ruin things for the rest of us.


Look at the first response to their announcement that the Halloween Event was cancelled this year:

 

http://forum.worldof...8#entry12299148

 



goldfinger_555 #6 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 18:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27737 battles
  • 1,217
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
Completely agree, they should've brought back an earlier Halloween event and at the very least gave us the garage look.

KRZYBooP #7 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 20:13

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4127 battles
  • 281
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Nov 07 2019 - 11:55, said:

Completely agree, they should've brought back an earlier Halloween event and at the very least gave us the garage look.

 Sadly there isn't a let's rollback option for our events. The previous Halloween event is used in the one they were working on, and would take just as much time to ensure it would be stable as it would to complete it. 



GWyatt #8 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 20:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4208 battles
  • 510
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Nov 07 2019 - 10:52, said:

War Gaming is so bent on fixing everything that is not broken.  I really liked 2017's Halloween event and that is what should have been brought back.  A couple of minor tweaks and it would have been just perfect but no, they have to keep on tinkering with it until it satisfies the babies on the russian servers which makes it impossible to bring to everyone else as they are never satisfied with anything.  WG, roll back Halloween and Christmas to 2017 event status and give it to all servers just like you did before and quit messing with it.

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Nov 07 2019 - 12:55, said:

Completely agree, they should've brought back an earlier Halloween event and at the very least gave us the garage look.

 

A Halloween themed garage would have been nice. With said, these special events, like the Halloween mode, are not just simply a different game mode, they are a live server test bed for new concepts. The leviathan was a test of using two separate turrets/guns. I don't remember what last years Halloween event was testing.

And just recycling a previous year's event would not necessarily be a few tweaks and good to go, there have been changes made to the game, at a low level, that would have to be accounted for. Could they have recycled an old event, likely, given enough time to go through and make all the needed changes and then testing. I don't think they believed they could not deliver this years until it was too late for a plan B.   



bilzbobaggins #9 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 21:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 49224 battles
  • 1,094
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013
Tank hallow is where it was at for halloween.  The green goo getting mode was not to my liking last year.  

Evergrow #10 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 21:58

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 100 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 07 2019 - 20:13, said:

 Sadly there isn't a let's rollback option for our events. The previous Halloween event is used in the one they were working on, and would take just as much time to ensure it would be stable as it would to complete it. 

 

Ya, "now" you might be right (though not convinced entirely)...  But, I'm guessing you guys knew you were behind earlier on, so a decision could have been made to go with the previous Hangar.

I doubt there would have needed to be "that" much to do to make it work, since there hasn't been that much that's changed with the hangar area in the last year.

I mean, we have modders who keep hangars working for years without that much work to ensure it.

 

Too bad nobody has done it with a Halloween hangar for a while now (likely due to the major 1.0 etc. changes to the hangar), otherwise I would have just used one of those.


Edited by Evergrow, Nov 08 2019 - 00:01.


Volcanic_lobster_220 #11 Posted Nov 07 2019 - 23:07

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8734 battles
  • 1,066
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostEvergrow, on Nov 07 2019 - 16:49, said:

I have no life, so getting the "Holiday Spirit" from the Holiday Hangars makes me happy.

 

Since you couldn't get this years Halloween hangar done, why didn't you just give us last years then?

I'm sure it still worked, save with some tweaks as necessary?  I mean, it's not like we haven't had the same hangar before.

 

I do not comprehend you...

WG isn't going to do it, so if you really want it just download the Hangar mod and pick whatever garage hangar you want : )

I think last year's Halloween is an option.



Evergrow #12 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 00:06

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 100 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on Nov 07 2019 - 23:07, said:

WG isn't going to do it, so if you really want it just download the Hangar mod and pick whatever garage hangar you want : )

I think last year's Halloween is an option.

 

Like I mentioned in my last post above, there has been no Halloween Garage mod for a while now, I think since the major changes to the game client, graphics and whatever.

Nobody has updated the one or two we used to have, at least that I could find.  Went to a bunch of different Russian etc. mod sites yesterday, and no Halloween Hangar mod.

 

They DID have two of my most favorite garages (Cave and Space), unfortunately, however, Cave was a cheap redone fake knockoff of the original, and no sound, and Space was missing the Stars and also no sound, so sadly they both were junk.


Edited by Evergrow, Nov 08 2019 - 00:08.


Dain_Ironfoot_ #13 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 00:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24418 battles
  • 2,340
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014
Last year's was pretty bad, imho.  No thanks.

_Kradok_ #14 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 13:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33455 battles
  • 2,354
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

Evergrow, I get your point... and agree on some level.  They could have just threw up pumpkins, skeletons and a crap-ton of orange and at least TRIED something other than attempting a game mode, advertising it, not informing the public when it tanked and then farting out damage-control excuses way too late to even matter... 

 

From a marketing standpoint (let alone the obvious technical eff-up), this is a sad, dismal fail...  What's more sad, is we're their rats biting at the feeder pellets.  Sigh.



Evergrow #15 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 14:49

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 100 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Nov 08 2019 - 00:25, said:

Last year's was pretty bad, imho. No thanks.

 

Sure, it wasn't one of their better, but it was okay, something at least.

 

View Post_Kradok_, on Nov 08 2019 - 13:12, said:

Evergrow, I get your point... and agree on some level.  They could have just threw up pumpkins, skeletons and a crap-ton of orange and at least TRIED something other than attempting a game mode, advertising it, not informing the public when it tanked and then farting out damage-control excuses way too late to even matter... 

 

From a marketing standpoint (let alone the obvious technical eff-up), this is a sad, dismal fail...  What's more sad, is we're their rats biting at the feeder pellets.  Sigh.

 

Ya, lol, love your prose.  :)


Edited by Evergrow, Nov 08 2019 - 14:49.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users