Jump to content


X5 XP Question


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Major_Duke #1 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:09

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11477 battles
  • 38
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016
Sorry, noob question here, for this weekend if I have the "accelerated crew training" option selected on my tanks, when I get the X5 XP after a win, will this be applied to my crew or should I remove this for this weekend to get the Free XP option, thanks!

Kliphie #2 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 33044 battles
  • 5,632
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostMajor_Duke, on Nov 08 2019 - 08:09, said:

Sorry, noob question here, for this weekend if I have the "accelerated crew training" option selected on my tanks, when I get the X5 XP after a win, will this be applied to my crew or should I remove this for this weekend to get the Free XP option, thanks!

 

Any extra XP applied to an elited or premium tank will still require gold to convert to Free XP.  The weekend offer is the ability to apply that Free XP to a single crewman at a better than normal rate.  Historically this was considered a poor use of Free XP.  



gpc_4 #3 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 43841 battles
  • 4,898
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostKliphie, on Nov 08 2019 - 15:14, said:

 

Any extra XP applied to an elited or premium tank will still require gold to convert to Free XP.  The weekend offer is the ability to apply that Free XP to a single crewman at a better than normal rate.  Historically this was considered a poor use of Free XP.  


Especially true since crew books now exist. 



gpc_4 #4 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 43841 battles
  • 4,898
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
Storing XP on a tank is not free XP. It is XP that can be converted to free XP for gold. If you have no intention of doing this then use your XP on the crew with accelerated crew training. 

Bad_Oedipus #5 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 46080 battles
  • 1,629
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostMajor_Duke, on Nov 08 2019 - 09:09, said:

Sorry, noob question here, for this weekend if I have the "accelerated crew training" option selected on my tanks, when I get the X5 XP after a win, will this be applied to my crew or should I remove this for this weekend to get the Free XP option, thanks!

 

If you have Accelerated Training ON 1/2 of your battle experience will go to the least skilled crew member, the other 1/2 will be divided equally between remaining crew members.

 

Look for Accelerated Crew Training Bonus Option in: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew



Major_Duke #6 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:21

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11477 battles
  • 38
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016
That's not what I'm talking about.  If I have the accelerated crew option selected, when I get XP for a battle, it's not going into that "convert to free XP bucket", it's going to my crew, right?  I just wanted to make sure the X5 XP this is also going to my crew this weekend (with the accelerated option selected still), and I'm not missing out on X5 XP here with the option selected, thanks!

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23420 battles
  • 7,332
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
If you want FXP then don't check it, if you want crew training then check it.

Kliphie #8 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 33044 battles
  • 5,632
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostMajor_Duke, on Nov 08 2019 - 08:21, said:

That's not what I'm talking about.  If I have the accelerated crew option selected, when I get XP for a battle, it's not going into that "convert to free XP bucket", it's going to my crew, right?  I just wanted to make sure the X5 XP this is also going to my crew this weekend (with the accelerated option selected still), and I'm not missing out on X5 XP here with the option selected, thanks!

 

Your crew will always get the full value of XP earned.  Accelerated just gives the  lowest skilled crewman double that value instead of it going to the tank.  



FrozenKemp #9 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 53901 battles
  • 10,008
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostMajor_Duke, on Nov 08 2019 - 09:21, said:

That's not what I'm talking about.  If I have the accelerated crew option selected, when I get XP for a battle, it's not going into that "convert to free XP bucket", it's going to my crew, right?  I just wanted to make sure the X5 XP this is also going to my crew this weekend (with the accelerated option selected still), and I'm not missing out on X5 XP here with the option selected, thanks!

 

You are correct.  One of your crew members will get twice the X5 XP and the others will all get the X5. 



comradekillshot #10 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19562 battles
  • 144
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

There are very few reasons to NOT check the accelerate crew training option. Here are the only 2 reasons I can think of doing it.

1. You want to put xp on the tank to then use gold to convert to free xp. This is very expensive and should really be avoided.

2. You want to put xp on a tank you have elite status on that is going to have a new tank added. I am actually doing this right now with my KV-3. I am building xp on it for when the double barrel russian heavies come out so I can immediately research them without having to grind my KV-3 after it releases. 



Kliphie #11 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 33044 battles
  • 5,632
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View Postcomradekillshot, on Nov 08 2019 - 08:37, said:

2. You want to put xp on a tank you have elite status on that is going to have a new tank added. I am actually doing this right now with my KV-3. I am building xp on it for when the double barrel russian heavies come out so I can immediately research them without having to grind my KV-3 after it releases. 

 

Doing that as well.  The x5s from the Twitch Prime package is making it almost trivial.



spud_tuber #12 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 15:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 59346 battles
  • 8,870
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostMajor_Duke, on Nov 08 2019 - 08:21, said:

That's not what I'm talking about.  If I have the accelerated crew option selected, when I get XP for a battle, it's not going into that "convert to free XP bucket", it's going to my crew, right?  I just wanted to make sure the X5 XP this is also going to my crew this weekend (with the accelerated option selected still), and I'm not missing out on X5 XP here with the option selected, thanks!

Yes, whatever crew XP you'd get is doubled for the crew member with the least XP when accelerate crew training is checked.  Crew XP is all XP earned in battle + any modifiers to crew XP(such as prem tank, boosters, and/or missions).

 

 



UnitG2 #13 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 16:00

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 32472 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014

Only if you have deep, deep pocket$. Converting XP to Free XP is probably the most expensive way play the game there is.

 

Why would you want to miss the miserable pointless grind that make Tanks the number one game in Russia? Get in line comrade.



the_dude_76 #14 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 16:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 34321 battles
  • 5,359
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Nov 08 2019 - 08:20, said:

 

If you have Accelerated Training ON 1/2 of your battle experience will go to the least skilled crew member, the other 1/2 will be divided equally between remaining crew members.

 

Look for Accelerated Crew Training Bonus Option in: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

 

That's not how accel crew training works. After a battle you earn "X" amount of exp, that is the amount that each crew member and the tank gets. If you check accelerated crew training the exp that would normally go to the tank goes instead to the crew member with the least totaled exp. So the lowest guy gets double the exp and everyone else gets what they normally would.



goldfinger_555 #15 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 18:15

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27737 battles
  • 1,217
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
For the newer players, it gets a little confusing because when people say "XP" they really mean "Combat XP" so keep that in mind. Over time the "Combat" was dropped by folks here and they started calling it just "XP" for simplicity. You have Free XP, Crew XP, and Combat XP. I probably just made it more confusing. :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users