Jump to content


Does this mod exist?

tank model sniper

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Flakker2 #1 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 19:16

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 54166 battles
  • 1,956
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

Recently, I watched a video fo WoT Blitz where there was a 3D tank model shown of your tank whenever you enter sniper mode. I am wondering if such a mod exists for the regular WoT?

 

You can see it here in action, whenever he switches to sniper mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U

 

 



__Worm__ #2 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 19:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 35136 battles
  • 4,755
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
wow, interesting .....

HOTA_CHATON #3 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 13614 battles
  • 14,860
  • [MSG] MSG
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
Are you talking about "Hit Skins"?  Those already exist.

Flakker2 #4 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:35

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 54166 battles
  • 1,956
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Nov 08 2019 - 14:01, said:

Are you talking about "Hit Skins"?  Those already exist.

 

No, I am talking about the 3D model of your own tank that shows up in sniper view. That allows you to angle armor and make micro-adjustments while in sniper mode because you can see how the armor is facing relative to your opponent without having to go into 3rd person view.

 

https://ibb.co/yNDQ34r

 


Edited by Flakker2, Nov 08 2019 - 20:40.


SymbiosisBC #5 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 20435 battles
  • 3,437
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

Wow.  That is kinda cool.  Would be good for visualizing minor angling adjustments when facing enemy tanks while staying in sniper mode.  Could be also useful in wheelies.

 



The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:06

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,371
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

Yes, it exists. Its also illegal to use. You can use "Skins", but not 3d hit zones.

 

After actually watching the video....

 

No, this doesnt exist. At least not in that way... There was a mod that added angle markers, but last I heard its not being updated anymore. Would love to see this in PC WOT


Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Nov 08 2019 - 21:09.


SymbiosisBC #7 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 20435 battles
  • 3,437
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Nov 08 2019 - 13:06, said:

Yes, it exists. Its also illegal to use. You can use "Skins", but not 3d hit zones.

 

After actually watching the video....

 

No, this doesnt exist. At least not in that way... There was a mod that added angle markers, but last I heard its not being updated anymore. Would love to see this in PC WOT

 

 

lol...  nice save.  I clicked the link OP posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U before jumping to conclusions.  FWIW, I also read articles before jumping to conclusions...

 



The_Illusive_Man #8 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,371
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Nov 08 2019 - 17:30, said:

 

 

lol...  nice save.  I clicked the link OP posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U before jumping to conclusions.  FWIW, I also read articles before jumping to conclusions...

 

 

I read it, and the following posts. To me, it all sounded like 3d hitzones. So, before you assume something, maybe think about what your going to say.



KRZYBooP #9 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:58

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4127 battles
  • 281
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View PostFlakker2, on Nov 08 2019 - 12:16, said:

Recently, I watched a video fo WoT Blitz where there was a 3D tank model shown of your tank whenever you enter sniper mode. I am wondering if such a mod exists for the regular WoT?

 

You can see it here in action, whenever he switches to sniper mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U

 

 

 

The last time I was in Blitz I found that you could move some of the UI elements to make them easier to reach with your fingers. This might be one where they selected an option to have it displayed. 

 

There isn't a Mod that I am aware of that does the same thing in WoT, but there is a 2D tank in your lower left to see if you are angled correctly in two directions. 



Flakker2 #10 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 22:11

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 54166 battles
  • 1,956
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 08 2019 - 15:58, said:

 

The last time I was in Blitz I found that you could move some of the UI elements to make them easier to reach with your fingers. This might be one where they selected an option to have it displayed. 

 

There isn't a Mod that I am aware of that does the same thing in WoT, but there is a 2D tank in your lower left to see if you are angled correctly in two directions. 

 

Oh well. I thought so but I just wanted to check. It would be nice if there WAS a mod that showed a 3D model of your tank, perhaps built into the default client!

 

The 2D tank indicator at the bottom left has the right idea but it needs to be 3D to account for elevation in the maps as well as be located closer to your vision in the middle of the screen. Most of the time, as you are coming over a hill or corner you will be looking at the middle of the screen through your targeting reticule, so you won't have the time to glance at the bottom left to check the angle.

 

It would enhance the player experience if there was such a mod in WoT. Would it be possible to pass this information along to the devs to see if their UI/UX guys agree?



Wolffe_Commander #11 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 15:31

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4533 battles
  • 24
  • [H_F] H_F
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015
Not really "enhance player experience" in WOT. It would just dumb it down. WG, dont bother, it takes skill and experience to properly angle and know your own tank, instead of handholding the player.

syluxhunters #12 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 03:30

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 13293 battles
  • 17
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    06-02-2014

View PostFlakker2, on Nov 08 2019 - 18:16, said:

Recently, I watched a video fo WoT Blitz where there was a 3D tank model shown of your tank whenever you enter sniper mode. I am wondering if such a mod exists for the regular WoT?

 

You can see it here in action, whenever he switches to sniper mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U

 

 

If you look in aslans mod pack i think you can find something close to what you are talking about (granted i dont know i havent been able to watch the vid yet) but i think i seen something like that thare



syluxhunters #13 Posted Nov 16 2019 - 08:13

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 13293 battles
  • 17
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    06-02-2014

View PostFlakker2, on Nov 08 2019 - 18:16, said:

Recently, I watched a video fo WoT Blitz where there was a 3D tank model shown of your tank whenever you enter sniper mode. I am wondering if such a mod exists for the regular WoT?

 

You can see it here in action, whenever he switches to sniper mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal4qZV694U

 

 

 

View Postsyluxhunters, on Nov 16 2019 - 02:30, said:

If you look in aslans mod pack i think you can find something close to what you are talking about (granted i dont know i havent been able to watch the vid yet) but i think i seen something like that thare

ok i just looked at the vid and thare is no mod for world of tanks (PC) that dose this. And it is not needed, you have your tank at the botom left of the screen you dont need a 3d model at the bottom center of the screen







Also tagged with tank model, sniper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users