• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 33877 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Let me just say that the new Tank Rewards 3.0 is GREAT!  It's easy to understand and you don't always have to WIN to get the mission accomplished.  Additionally, 7 Days of Premium on the 4th Tier is fantastic!  Lastly, the 3 tanks at Tier V are pretty awesome if you don't have them already.  Not all of them, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad ;)

So, I applaud Wargaming for giving us the system we have now.  And although I avoid "complaining" about free stuff, let me just offer some "suggestions" on improving the "Reward" experience.  For those of us needing to research lines other than American, Russian & German, it would be NICE to alternate the choices every other month to less common lines - British, Chinese, Japanese, etc.  You could also increase the blueprint pieces to 6 or so in case people want to get at least 1 blueprint installed.

But the reason I write this post is about the Tier V of Tank Rewards IF, and only if, you ALREADY OWN the tanks.  There is no reward at the end of the rainbow there - maybe a few crew members you'd have to retrain somewhere else and a garage slot (I don't even know). I've only been playing 2 1/2 years so I was used to Gold as compensation for having the tank. Although I understand that WGRU doesn't want to give us free gold, to not even get CREDITS for owning the tank makes the Final Tier V fairly lackluster for people like me.  Again, this is a first world problem and not a big deal at all (and this is NOT a complaint) but if you wanted to make TR more "rewarding" then doing something for the already-owners of the tanks would be welcomed.

That's all I have from my perspective.  I do love the new TR and the in-game notices of reaching the next level.  A few tweaks here and there would make it super awesome though :great:

Thanks Wargaming NA for all that you do for us!  You guys are the best (except for Domo, who we all know isn't a hugger).

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

HTTR4Life #2 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35825 battles
  • [FMBB] FMBB
A way around not getting credits for the tank is to sell the one you want before you claim it in Tank Rewards. I have been doing that the last few months and have been getting about 300,000 to 500,000 silver for them. Its not much but it helps.

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 33877 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostHTTR4Life, on Nov 08 2019 - 13:11, said:

A way around not getting credits for the tank is to sell the one you want before you claim it in Tank Rewards. I have been doing that the last few months and have been getting about 300,000 to 500,000 silver for them. Its not much but it helps.

I was going to do that but for 300-400,000 credits, it's not worth demounting my equipment for 30 Gold.  I can make up those credits in 1 game of FL or in 3-4 games of Tier VIII play.  For the higher tier tanks, I do sell those.

hikerjon1 #4 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39441 battles
It is a waste. They should at least give you a credit booster or a day of premium if you already own the tanks. Easy fix, WG. 

_Katyusha___ #5 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16984 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

WG should give us the option to get, if already owned tank, for the last tier:

One non asigned female crewmember 

OR:

Two non asigned BIA crewmembers

OR: 

A pack of 3 camo pieces + 2 inscriptions + 2 emblems for the tank nation on tank rewards last tier

Volcanic_lobster_220 #6 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 20:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8777 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 08 2019 - 20:20, said:

I was going to do that but for 300-400,000 credits, it's not worth demounting my equipment for 30 Gold.  I can make up those credits in 1 game of FL or in 3-4 games of Tier VIII play.  For the higher tier tanks, I do sell those.

This. i'm sure a few hundred thousand credits is worth it for some people but i'd rather not spend 30 gold.

Also i agree with your post, if i have to play almost EVERY single day available and not miss more than a few to reach the end Tier then the rewards throughout should be better than the bare minimum, Why only USA, Russian, and German blueprints? why no compensation for tanks? yeah yeah don't get me wrong they added a extra tier with Premium time this month and that's great but TR 2.0 still isn't perfect.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 47479 battles
Just don't worry about it if you have the tanks.  I've got all the tanks available so I just don't see a point in killing myself for some missions.  Not all missions can provide rewards for all players, look at the on track missions for example.  If you all ready have all the tanks down that line there isn't much point in grinding it out unless you want one garage slot and a few hundred thousand credits.  Which you can grind out faster playing any tier eight premium tank even without boosters or premium time.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 33877 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Posthikerjon1, on Nov 08 2019 - 13:45, said:

It is a waste. They should at least give you a credit booster or a day of premium if you already own the tanks. Easy fix, WG. 

View Post_Katyusha___, on Nov 08 2019 - 13:57, said:

WG should give us the option to get, if already owned tank, for the last tier:

One non asigned female crewmember 

OR:

Two non asigned BIA crewmembers

OR: 

A pack of 3 camo pieces + 2 inscriptions + 2 emblems for the tank nation on tank rewards last tier

Good suggestions.

Again, I'm happy that WG brought Tank Rewards back and I'll take whatever I can get.  The current reiteration is awesome because you don't have to do crazy stuff to get the rewards - you just have to perform well at different tiers.  A few minor improvements here and there would really make it "rewarding" for all.  They don't have to do a thing to make me happy if they stick with the current system.

Carde #9 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60446 battles
This month the rewards are the same reward tanks we already have from multiple events.  IF you have gold equipment on them, you actually lose money by de-equiping the tanks to sell and get back.  Crew, or skins, or national blueprints would have been better.  This month is like i dont even care.

Edited by Carde, Nov 08 2019 - 21:28.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 73394 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post__WarChild__, on Nov 08 2019 - 15:20, said:

Buy your equipment when it's on sale.  You can sell gear when you sell a tank, so you'll break even on the gear (unless a gear sale is active) and still be able to sell the tank for silver.  But not everyone does that or has replacement gear to toss back onto them.  So while I mention this it isn't feasible for many folks.  Mixing up the tanks is a better alternative.

Do I wish the rewards were "better"?  Yes, but then the missions would be more involved.

For the rewards the missions are fair so it's a good event.  And keep in mind for newer players that likely don't have higher tiers these missions being open to all tiers and easier means they can be included as well.

And giving out lower to mid tier tanks is a nice shot in the arm for newer players.  

I do like WC's suggestion about mixing the nations up from the standard fare we've been getting.  In addition to that adding a pack of universal x5 boosters in lieu of tanks as a fourth option would be a nice "consolation" prize for folks not wanting a tank.

So while I'd rather have better rewards.  From a looking at the big picture aspect the fact that simpler missions means simpler rewards that more players can achieve is neither a bad thing or something to be scoffed at in my opinion.

FrozenKemp #11 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 54111 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
So what if you can't get a tank or exchange value for a tank? They're giving away a week of premium time. I think that's more than they've given as an alternate to the tank in previous months. 

omi5cron #12 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 24091 battles

its a choice of free tank for anyone who does not have one of those. but as said by others...it would be nice to get something instead of the free garage sl;ot,if you already own them all. i do. so im just coasting to tier 4 and forget about the follow-on.

i am credit-poor at the moment and HUGELY gold-rich. i will probably do the demount/sell/claim if i end up at tier 5. gold-rich thanks to last years lootboxes...credit-poor due to this years crewbooks. and i have a few techtree tanks on my to-buy-on-discount list.

but im not ACTIVELY trying for anything outside of tier 4.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #13 Posted Nov 08 2019 - 23:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 24990 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Yep, this whole deal of not giving any compensation (at least silver if nothing else) for vehicles you already own is just ridiculous.  No matter what the mission or event is, veteran benefits or otherwise, they should at least give you SOMETHING because otherwise you might end up getting nothing for the event - which pretty much negates the event for a lot of people.  That makes it worthless for WG as well and a waste of promotional resources - not good for the company or the players.  Not smart.

the_dude_76 #14 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
Giving the gold value is what made tank rewards worth the effort. The current iteration doesn't really require any effort to complete so I won't complain about not getting any compensation for just playing the game like I would anyway. But it's certainly a pale shadow of what it used to be.  

tod914 #15 Posted Nov 09 2019 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 65385 battles

Tank rewards.

Spoiler

Also tagged with Tank Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users