Jump to content


Stop Three arty battles

three arty three artillery 3 arty artillery

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

low_bidder #41 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24757 battles
  • 316
  • Member since:
    06-23-2015

How many artys are too many? answer is anything more than 1

 

Maybe WOT should have an arty battles using 12 artys per side and three squirrel tanks as spotters.


Edited by low_bidder, Nov 19 2019 - 22:21.


Treeburst #42 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 00:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 33186 battles
  • 2,102
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
WOT should remove the cap on clickers and let the chips fall where they may in terms of matchmaking.

WhineMaker #43 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 00:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 39123 battles
  • 6,572
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postcomradekillshot, on Nov 14 2019 - 08:54, said:

 

You sure do whine a lot about whiners.

 

And yea I'm sure all the people who have dedicated thousands and thousands of battles along with a fair bit of money want to lose all their progress to go play this game on a cell phone or tablet. I know you primarily play arty but all of us who play tanks (that referring to lights, meds, and heavies) have to suffer from constant arty harassment and should have a say in how much of that we want to deal with.

 

Telling people to just up and quit is as ridiculous as your account more or less getting nuked from arty being removed from game play.

 

Get outta here.

 

 

I know, the game is too hard for you so I need to make a sacrifice for your enjoyment. Good luck with that idea... :facepalm:

 

WoT Blitz is an arty free tank game, made for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :great:

 

View Postlow_bidder, on Nov 19 2019 - 13:20, said:

How many artys are too many? answer is anything more than 1

 

Maybe WOT should have an arty battles using 12 artys per side and three squirrel tanks as spotters.

 

How many whiners is too many? :child:

 

...any number above 0, in my opinion... 



Treeburst #44 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 03:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 33186 battles
  • 2,102
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
I actually think it would be an interesting “experiment” to just remove the cap and see what happens. Kind of just let “the market” (as it were) self correct.

I kinda think it would have to go in cycles. Maybe for some reason everyone loses their minds and battles become 15v15 clickerfests. Does anyone really think it would stay like that? What works the best for killing clickers. Well, LTs do it pretty darn well. So you’d see the meta shift towards a mix of LTs and clickers.

So maybe this goes on for a while, and eventually people realize that mediums actually do a lights job almost as well as a LT, plus they spank LTs in a fight on most maps. So meds start becoming meta. Well, most maps ARE funnel maps with plenty of choke points, so people start bringing Heavies to crap on the meds. Then people start using TDs to crap on heavies, so people start bringing LTs to spot for the clickers to crap on the TDs, and the cycle starts all over.

Or the game dies. Not sure which is more likely.

comradekillshot #45 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 15:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19980 battles
  • 199
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostWhineMaker, on Nov 20 2019 - 00:45, said:

 

I know, the game is too hard for you so I need to make a sacrifice for your enjoyment. Good luck with that idea... :facepalm:

 

WoT Blitz is an arty free tank game, made for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :great:

 

 

How many whiners is too many? :child:

 

...any number above 0, in my opinion... 

 

Your lack of any type of sufficient counter argument is baffling. I wonder if you read that before you posted it. 

 

You are suggesting people throw away a game they have probably played for years and committed thousands of hours to and your solution is to just quit. You don't offer any real solution or introspective idea. You just whine about whiners. I'm no shrink but I think you may have a complex. 

 

When you say sacrifice what are you talking about? Playing arty? Are you the arty jesus placed upon the cross of RNG to die for the lemmings? 

 

I rarely see you post anything other than whining posts about whiners. I think you may have come full circle my dude.

 

Edit: I went back and read your post, just to make sure I wasn't missing something, and it is still just as confusing as before. But I'm sure your counter opinion will just be im dumb and a whiner and terrible at the game, etc. etc. 

 

The only reply I can think of in short is:

 

OK, Boomer.

 


Edited by comradekillshot, Nov 20 2019 - 15:48.


BEASTY_BUCKEYE #46 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 15:54

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 38308 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014
Getting focused by 3 unskilled clickers is just not right. One per battle would be way better.

PzAbt505 #47 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 16:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14924 battles
  • 648
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostShrivie, on Nov 09 2019 - 09:24, said:

Simple post, stop having 3 artillery in a battle. One is bad enough. Three is rediculous. 

 

 

Simple retort: no. 

 

whiners like you are why I cant platoon SPGs anymore. I keep a note pad of artillery whiners, a high value target list if you will. I look forward to raining on your parade you when you camp in those 1k+ game TDs of yours!



spud_tuber #48 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 16:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 59639 battles
  • 8,999
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View Post24cups, on Nov 14 2019 - 10:44, said:

I've been surprised that most games in ranked I've seen only 1 or 2 arty per side, considering how many are in the queue.

Ranked is limited to 2 per battle, which is part of the reason for the large numbers in queue.  Artificial bottleneck on them moving out if queue. 

 

Quick question for anyone and everyone:  have you had any arty free ranked battles? 



Treeburst #49 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 18:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 33186 battles
  • 2,102
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
Oh that would have made for an excellent study. I didn’t play any ranked battles, I probably should’ve but I am always grinding new lines. It would definitely be interesting to see if moving the cap to two essentially just fixed it at two per game.

WhineMaker #50 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 18:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 39123 battles
  • 6,572
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postcomradekillshot, on Nov 20 2019 - 06:46, said:

 

Your lack of any type of sufficient counter argument is baffling. I wonder if you read that before you posted it. 

 

You are suggesting people throw away a game they have probably played for years and committed thousands of hours to and your solution is to just quit. You don't offer any real solution or introspective idea. You just whine about whiners. I'm no shrink but I think you may have a complex. 

 

When you say sacrifice what are you talking about? Playing arty? Are you the arty jesus placed upon the cross of RNG to die for the lemmings? 

 

I rarely see you post anything other than whining posts about whiners. I think you may have come full circle my dude.

 

Edit: I went back and read your post, just to make sure I wasn't missing something, and it is still just as confusing as before. But I'm sure your counter opinion will just be im dumb and a whiner and terrible at the game, etc. etc. 

 

The only reply I can think of in short is:

 

OK, Boomer.

 

 

It must be terrible I don't care how epic your tantrum is. Maybe your parents took the bait and broke down, due to the embarrassment you caused them. I could care less... :ohmy:

 

WoT Blitz is a simple and viable workaround for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT. which includes arty...

 

Don't expect me to ever support your idea(s), in which I need to wait longer in queue, because of a game mechanic you don't like. Maybe you should go out and create/develop/produce your very own tank game, with only the mechanics you prefer. I'm sure it will be an amazing success failure... :P

 

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Nov 20 2019 - 06:54, said:

Getting focused by 3 unskilled clickers is just not right. One per battle would be way better.

 

Just imagine the amount of therapy and heavy meds it's going to take, to repress this memory caused by a video game, when those 3 'maters delete you easily... :facepalm:



Trauglodyte #51 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 18:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • 3,841
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostTreeburst, on Nov 12 2019 - 01:05, said:

No, for most of the vehicles you are not clicking on a top down map - you are driving around looking for good angles, hard and soft cover, looking to occupy key areas and/or deny the other team the opportunity to do the same.

 

Clickers sit in one spot and click on a pretty map.

 

Give me direct action capabilities (worth a damn) and I'll frontline artillery.

 

View Postspud_tuber, on Nov 20 2019 - 16:25, said:

Ranked is limited to 2 per battle, which is part of the reason for the large numbers in queue.  Artificial bottleneck on them moving out if queue. 

 

Quick question for anyone and everyone:  have you had any arty free ranked battles? 

 

I had a few.  Granted, I played mostly artillery, so it would be impossible, in those games, to be artillery free.  But, the few games that I did play, in non-artillery, I want to say that about half of them were SPG free.



comradekillshot #52 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 19:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19980 battles
  • 199
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostWhineMaker, on Nov 20 2019 - 18:34, said:

 

It must be terrible I don't care how epic your tantrum is. Maybe your parents took the bait and broke down, due to the embarrassment you caused them. I could care less... :ohmy:

 

WoT Blitz is a simple and viable workaround for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT. which includes arty...

 

Don't expect me to ever support your idea(s), in which I need to wait longer in queue, because of a game mechanic you don't like. Maybe you should go out and create/develop/produce your very own tank game, with only the mechanics you prefer. I'm sure it will be an amazing success failure... :P

 

 

Just imagine the amount of therapy and heavy meds it's going to take, to repress this memory caused by a video game, when those 3 'maters delete you easily... :facepalm:

 

If you think im having a tantrum your sadly mistaken. Good job attacking my family and childhood, what a great counter argument. 

 

Some people on the forum are just trying to discuss for a better game while some people are just whining trolls, like yourself. Also, emojis don't make your point, just in case you thought that was supposed to cover your lack of an argument. My statement I originally made still stands unless you have a valid counter point.

 

But yes please continue to whine, your salty tears are delicious and your lack of ability to form an intellectual counter argument is mildly entertaining. 



Treeburst #53 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 19:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 33186 battles
  • 2,102
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
The irony in a player telling a better player that he “can’t handle the ‘full’ game”.

This is what makes the WoT forum such a beautiful place..

Treeburst #54 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 33186 battles
  • 2,102
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostTrauglodyte, on Nov 20 2019 - 12:46, said:

 

Give me direct action capabilities (worth a damn) and I'll frontline artillery.

 

 

I had a few.  Granted, I played mostly artillery, so it would be impossible, in those games, to be artillery free.  But, the few games that I did play, in non-artillery, I want to say that about half of them were SPG free.


I don’t think I, or anyone (worth a crapanyway) have ever advocated for clickers playing on the “front lines”. I was merely pointing out what makes clickers clickers. It isn’t a value statement, just a description of what they do. 



Krodah #55 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 22:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2648 battles
  • 45
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    07-13-2019
honestly, I'd prefer they limit it to 3 td's per battle.    Most of my battles, the largest contingent is TDs and it is a campfest.

Griffon327327 #56 Posted Nov 20 2019 - 23:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 90347 battles
  • 1,281
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

why is 3 arty so bad when there are so many battles with 4 light tanks ... ?

 

passive scouting missions should be removed they are a thing of the past with so many suicide clown cars that race across the map in first 50 seconds of battle

 

impossible to do passive scouting missions where if your teams suicidal clown cars dont ruin chances your own team refuses to believe a scout can actually do its job without moving and any scout stationary regardless of the spot and effectiveness needs to be pushed out of cover for "camping"

 

many a battle were scout accused of doing nothing but at end of battle has over 7 thousand spotting damage and the clown car that no one complained about that died in first 30 seconds only got 200 scouting damage but not a single person flapped their gums about how well he did ?

 

think 3 arty is bad ? wait till they release the Jamaican tank lines with pot leaf emblems and surfboards tied to the roof of the tanks that have a trail of bong smoke following them everywhere seeping out of the commanders hatch ..  or they might even release the my lil pony line of tanks 



ProfessionalFinn #57 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 01:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26569 battles
  • 2,328
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

There is another arty free tank game option.  So simple arty haters will love it.

 



LetoSebastion #58 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 02:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10050 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

OK, OK...so you can't make arty go away...here's an idea, have all arty battles and let the buggers just kill each other...

 

I know that is not going to happen....instead...force them to only target arty initially, once all arty eliminated on the opposite team then they can target everyone else...:amazed:   HeeHee!!!

 

Seriously, seems lately it is almost the norm to see 3 arty in a battle.  Once you get targeted you are boned...just can't get away.

 

 



comradekillshot #59 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 21:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19980 battles
  • 199
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostLetoSebastion, on Nov 21 2019 - 02:54, said:

OK, OK...so you can't make arty go away...here's an idea, have all arty battles and let the buggers just kill each other...

 

I know that is not going to happen....instead...force them to only target arty initially, once all arty eliminated on the opposite team then they can target everyone else...:amazed:   HeeHee!!!

 

Seriously, seems lately it is almost the norm to see 3 arty in a battle.  Once you get targeted you are boned...just can't get away.

 

 

 

DUDE! If they had all arty battles I would love that. That would be super fun. Jumping in SPG bat chats and just driving around TD mode all the time. That would be hella fun, reminds me of the golden gun game from N64 007.



MA2_Mako #60 Posted Nov 24 2019 - 07:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 34640 battles
  • 18
  • [TAK3N] TAK3N
  • Member since:
    03-21-2012

View Postcomradekillshot, on Nov 20 2019 - 06:46, said:

 

OK, Boomer.

 

says the snowflake

 

get a life and move out of your parents basement

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users