Does WoT get mad if you use a browser?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

1ST_AD_Abrams #1 Posted Nov 10 2019 - 05:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4303 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I am not sure if others have commented or brought this up yet.  The load time to get into a game is smooth when you have no other browser's window open.  However whether firefox, chrome, internet explorer (no just was curious so tested it) is open, it takes more than 25 seconds for you to get past the map loading screen.  So the 25 second countdown without any browser open is 25 sec, however with a browser (even just the basic page that loads like in chrome where it just shows google and a line to type in a search) the map loading screen takes up another 25 seconds so that when you enter the battle everyone has already moved out.

I understand that the Wargaming Client program runs on Chromium (the base of google's browser) however I don't see why have a different or same browser open is causing the game to essential crawl when loading the map to getting in the battle.  Is there some sort of code, special key entry or something else that prevents this from happening.

The problem occurs at any point that I open the browser (so it isn't just for the first battle of that session, it can happen after the 5th, or 16th or 20th, doesn't matter)

I have a Core i7-2600K (at specs no over), evga 770 ftw, 8 GB DDR3, Black Caviar 3tb and 2 tb (no raid just 2 individual drives in AHCI) and a 8GB pagefile (aka virtual memory).  I have my Skylake system waiting in the wings for when I am ready to turn it on and retire the SB (have about 65% of the software in terms of games mostly already installed) and there is about 10gb of space on c drive.

michaeldestroyer #2 Posted Nov 10 2019 - 09:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 21612 battles
  • [B-BRO] B-BRO
Browsers take up RAM when you're on them. I'd recommend more RAM for your computer.

1ST_AD_Abrams #3 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 06:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4303 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Have 8gb (2x4) Dual Channel with 8GB Swap\page file and 20 GB of space on both the page file drive, the os/boot drive and the drive the game is on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users