What a garbage game

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Ninja_doubleo7 #1 Posted Nov 10 2019 - 23:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 224 battles

In all my years of gaming, I have never been more pissed off and worn out from playing a game until now. Totally rigged mechanics where my shots go outside the aim circle, even when it's fully aimed, all the maps are practically the same with different scenery, super pay to win game, russian bias, a full on crapMatchmaker where you lose 60% of your games, and what the [edited]is this arty mechanic? You're just rolling down a road and click, you're dead in two shots. I honestly have no idea how this game ever succeeded in NA as it definitely the WORST [edited]GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. What a crapshow. 

I will never do business with a Russian company again. [edited]you Wargaming. I'm out and you won't get a penny! 

Edited by Ninja_doubleo7, Nov 10 2019 - 23:45.

tod914 #2 Posted Nov 10 2019 - 23:52

Major

• Players
  • 64961 battles
Had a weeks worth of rng bs myself.  Not every match, but certainly the bulk of them.  Makes you feel like your playing with loaded house dice at times.  Just trying to work through a few 5x, then ranked. Overall, ranked is a bit more enjoyable than pubs.  Been having game play issues since 9.15.  Wow factor is no longer there.  The constant green dot bounces really pisses me off to no end.

VooDooKobra #3 Posted Nov 10 2019 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 10052 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostNinja_doubleo7, on Nov 10 2019 - 15:44, said:

In all my years of gaming, I have never been more pissed off and worn out from playing a game until now. Totally rigged mechanics where my shots go outside the aim circle, even when it's fully aimed, all the maps are practically the same with different scenery, super pay to win game, russian bias, a full on crapMatchmaker where you lose 60% of your games, and what the [edited]is this arty mechanic? You're just rolling down a road and click, you're dead in two shots. I honestly have no idea how this game ever succeeded in NA as it definitely the WORST [edited]GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. What a crapshow. 

I will never do business with a Russian company again. [edited]you Wargaming. I'm out and you won't get a penny! 

please put up a replay so that actual constructive advise can be given.  as well you are have not reached 250 battles yet so stats should not be your biggest concern as much as learning the basics. 

tell me though why would they rigg the game against you and make you want to leave?  isnt that counter productive?  

tod914 #4 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 64961 battles

Something of note.  After watching someone else's replay where he used server side reticle, I turned it on.  Years ago when I tried it, I didn't care for it.  What I noticed, there is a noticeable delay between when you aim and the two reticles align.  I suspect that might account for some of the bad rng shots I have been getting.  You think your on, but your really not.  I'll see how that plays out over a series of matches.

Maybe give it a go and see if you notice any difference in your gaming performance?

Edited by tod914, Nov 11 2019 - 00:23.

redjkent #5 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 98275 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostNinja_doubleo7, on Nov 10 2019 - 22:44, said:

dont let the door hit you on the way out, that door is worth money

DeviouslyCursed #6 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4936 battles

View PostNinja_doubleo7, on Nov 10 2019 - 23:44, said:

Bye scrub. You clearly aren't capable enough to play a game like this. Go play something that holds your hand a bit more and tells you how great you are for doing nothing.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:46

Captain

• Players
  • 47013 battles

Either your on a alt account or your just parroting the complaints you've read else where.  As at 224 battles I doubt you can get a good grasp of what problems the game really has.  I've offered some counter points to your major complaints.

Totally rigged mechanics where my shots go outside the aim circle, even when it's fully aimed.  

Only true if your running 50% crews, at 75% and up most shots go where you aim assuming you take the time to fully aim the shot.  Also some guns are meant to be inaccurate as a balancing mechanic, since they normally have something else that balances that.

All the maps are practically the same with different scenery.

How would you design a map differently?  I mean every map in most other games comes out to be roughly the same unless they have different objectives.  

Super pay to win game.

It's less pay to win then some games and even without pay to win you can do quite well.  I've never trained a crew with gold, I tend to shoot mostly AP rounds, I only use small kits, I tend to play tech tree tanks more then premium tanks.  I've managed to do ok, some aspects of this game take time to learn, it isn't as jump in as most other free to play games.

Russian bias.

Is blown out of proportions to stupid levels as it gets parroted around.  Russian tanks are not that much better then most other tech trees.  There are a few that are over tuned, but then again there are a few in other trees that are over tuned as well.  They have their weaknesses just like other tanks from other nations.  

A full on crap matchmaker where you lose 60% of your games.

Match maker doesn't make you loose 60% of your games, we all get the same matchmaker as far as I know.

What the is this arty mechanic?

Arty is in the game to provide attrition damage to stop tanks with great amounts of turret armor from sitting in the best positions till the end of time.  Matches without them are more of a camp fest as there is no rush at all to move from your bush or hill to try to take a point that isn't as good but safe from arty.  As much as people think they make people camp, in most cases they keep the matches moving.

Maniac57c #8 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1190 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
Such helpful posts. Your grandparents would be proud of what you have become.

View Postredjkent, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:22, said:

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:36, said:

Bye scrub. You clearly aren't capable enough to play a game like this. Go play something that holds your hand a bit more and tells you how great you are for doing nothing.

What exactly does this accomplish? (Besides making you look like $%^&*holes)

ChatBan_ChatOff #9 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43364 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

And another bites the dust....don't ask why when all you have are bots to play against

I_QQ_4_U #10 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 01:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 23420 battles
I've never seen a shot go outside my aim circle except with SPG's, I don't lose 60% of my games and if you're not a failed reroll as I expect you might be then maybe you should think that after a few days of playing maybe you have no clue how the game works and need to learn?

DeviouslyCursed #11 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4936 battles

View PostManiac57c, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:56, said:

View Postredjkent, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:22, said:

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:36, said:

Oh I'm sorry, you're not able to understand. Here let me help you. To anyone not completely clueless you can tell the OP has no desire for constructive conversation, so we replied in a way he can understand.

Now, run along with your newfound knowledge before you hurt yourself.

AllieOop2 #12 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles
Guess the instant gratification which the entitled kids demand isn't there WG. Get your act together these kids wont put up with less.

AllieOop2 #13 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 01:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

View PostManiac57c, on Nov 11 2019 - 00:56, said:

Gets the kick in the [edited]these type of kids need.

DiomedesRS6 #14 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25400 battles
  • [TLK] TLK

View PostNinja_doubleo7, on Nov 10 2019 - 23:44, said:

I understand precisely how you feel.  The fact that the patent that forms the basis for this game ensures that good players are put at a disadvantage, and that your good playing will be greeted with a steeper and steeper challenge curve, to "normalize" your abilities to 50% -- well, for some people that inflates their sense of capability, while for others it just crushes their sense of "I work hard just so I get teamed with lamers who don't check six, and my green shots bounce!"

But once you get through the understanding that variable payouts -- not fixed, predictable "I paid so I win" -- are the most effective at generating revenues,

Now you are aware.

Having been made aware, you need to ask yourself:

IS THIS GAME FOR ME?

If not, then move on.

If you can deal with the gauntlet that has been thrown, then your next question is simply this.  Will I pay for a slight advantage, in terms of penetration, range, accuracy, and rewards, or will I remain Free To Play (as I have chosen)?

No point complaining about how the game is structured.  The pressure is toward 50% win/loss.  Can you handle it?  Do you choose to?

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #15 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 26767 battles
Well that didn't take long for him to get the ol grayed out name. Shame it was his 1st post

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Posttod914, on Nov 10 2019 - 20:20, said:

Something of note.  After watching someone else's replay where he used server side reticle, I turned it on.  Years ago when I tried it, I didn't care for it.  What I noticed, there is a noticeable delay between when you aim and the two reticles align.  I suspect that might account for some of the bad rng shots I have been getting.  You think your on, but your really not.  I'll see how that plays out over a series of matches.

Maybe give it a go and see if you notice any difference in your gaming performance?

I'll give you a hint... you're on to something.

dunniteowl #17 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Hat's off to the OP.

He said he was going to uninstall and quit the game.  And look!  This thread isn't even finished with the obligatory insults on OP and then the expected, though peurile, cat and dog between forumites -- and he's GONE!

Hat tip!  Gotta admire the conviction of action tied to words.

OvO

DeviouslyCursed #18 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4936 battles

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Nov 11 2019 - 02:07, said:

I understand precisely how you feel.  The fact that the patent that forms the basis for this game ensures that good players are put at a disadvantage, and that your good playing will be greeted with a steeper and steeper challenge curve, to "normalize" your abilities to 50% -- well, for some people that inflates their sense of capability, while for others it just crushes their sense of "I work hard just so I get teamed with lamers who don't check six, and my green shots bounce!"

But once you get through the understanding that variable payouts -- not fixed, predictable "I paid so I win" -- are the most effective at generating revenues,

Now you are aware.

Having been made aware, you need to ask yourself:

IS THIS GAME FOR ME?

If not, then move on.

If you can deal with the gauntlet that has been thrown, then your next question is simply this.  Will I pay for a slight advantage, in terms of penetration, range, accuracy, and rewards, or will I remain Free To Play (as I have chosen)?

No point complaining about how the game is structured.  The pressure is toward 50% win/loss.  Can you handle it?  Do you choose to?

The patent that you are referring to where they mention battle tiers isn't even implemented in the game. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy delusion. Wouldn't want people to think you are a reasonable person or anything.

GeorgePreddy #19 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 02:55

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Nov 10 2019 - 22:07, said:

... the patent that forms the basis for this game ensures that good players are put at a disadvantage, and that your good playing will be greeted with a steeper and steeper challenge curve, to "normalize" your abilities to 50%  This is completely not true. There is a paragraph in one of WG's patents that speaks of the possibility of placing a player who is winning a lot in bottom tier battles in order to make some battles more challenging/interesting for him and also placing a player losing often in top tier battles to make more of his battles less challenging. However, there are many things in patents that are not being used in actual games and are there just in case they might want to use them at some time, they'd be able to without infringing someone else's patent.  My own research (over a 2,000 battle period) indicates that WoT does not use the tier changing mentioned in their patent.

your next question is simply this.  Will I pay for a slight advantage, in terms of penetration, range, accuracy, and rewards, or will I remain Free To Play (as I have chosen)  This idea is simply how disenchanted FTP players make excuses for their poor play.

The pressure is toward 50% win/loss.  That is true only because that's what NORMALLY occurs in a 15 player team game. Individual players are seriously limited in their ability to positively or negatively affect game outcomes because their are 14 other players on all their teams. the large team size plus the fact that the bulk of players in the game are close to average, causes most players to gravitate towards an ~49% win rate.

ActuallyItsAnchovy #20 Posted Nov 11 2019 - 03:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4273 battles

2 Suggestions.

1. Provide a replay to validate your claims.

2. Depending on results of said replay, step back and play the game more, and learn the mechanics seeing as you have less than 500~ battles.

On another note, this game is very, very varying in how it feels like treating the players. Some days you'll win a whole bunch, other days you'll get nothing but losses despite your best efforts. Point is, these things happen, if you aren't willing to put up with Wargaming's [edited]and bear with it for the hopes of a marginally better game at some point, then simply stop playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users