Add a feature where you can turn a tech tree tank into a premium.

Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Xumos #1 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 07:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37912 battles
I would love to run around in my Panther II a lot more if I could turn it into a premium. Being able to turn any tech tree T8 tank into a premium, I would definitely pay for that.

PatoThe #2 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 07:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9427 battles
woah nice idea

SawUcomin #3 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 07:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostPatoThe, on Nov 12 2019 - 07:19, said:

woah nice idea

Woah, Bad idea if your WG.

They make money selling tanks 

The balance is already crap and you want to take tanks in an unbalanced game and make them even more unbalanced by

allowing them to harvest more cash to allow increased Prem shell spam

NOOOOOOOO thanks

The Panther 2 is already border line unbalanced as well

Want a premium, bye one

That way WG will justify the continual pumping out of new tanks and not new maps!

Interesting idea but flawed imo!

Edited by SawUcomin, Nov 12 2019 - 07:32.

WeSayNotToday #4 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 07:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24057 battles

View PostSawUcomin, on Nov 12 2019 - 07:32, said:

The balance is already crap and you want to take tanks in an unbalanced game and make them even more unbalanced by

NOOOOOOOO thanks

Want a premium, bye one

That way WG will justify the continual pumping out of new tanks and not new maps!

The new feature requested WOULD COST MONEY, the player would "BYE [buy]" it.

There would be very little problem with making something like an "near-premium" kit that gave +10 or 20% credits and +10 or 20% exp, charge a good bit for it [also, based on tier], and it would SELL.

Also, the Panther 2 IS borderline unbalanced.... it is underpowered, by server-wide statistics, for all player types.

wkcw1 #5 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 08:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16938 battles
They could allow you to turn it to a premium for a month so yuh would have to renew.

MagillaGuerilla #6 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 13:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25913 battles
They already have that, just play your Panther 2 with boosters running.

madogthefirst #7 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 24901 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostSawUcomin, on Nov 11 2019 - 22:32, said:

NOOOOOOOO thanks

Want a premium, bye one

Wait you mean to tell me someone thinks the Panther II is OP?

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 18:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 14526 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Blitz has had this feature for years and they haven't fallen into a black hole of faulty RNG.  As for Panther II being OP ?  Until now I have only read complaints about it's lameness.

KRZYBooP #9 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 18:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4135 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSawUcomin, on Nov 12 2019 - 00:32, said:

NOOOOOOOO thanks

Want a premium, bye one

New maps are coming out as fast as the dev team can make them/ remake them. 

Minsk is getting a redo and Pearl river is next. 

The feature you mentioned is currently in Blitz so it's not impossible, however there are other issues to consider since Blitz isn't 100% a WoT PC copy. 

To your Point though. Yes WG likes money, and is a sell out, but new maps/ new Tanks are needed to keep players interested. Free 2 Play games all have to release new content to keep the game fresh interesting and no one works for the smiles alone. Now back to smiling at Cabbage for no reason so he knows I am working. 

JollyGrim #10 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37414 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Nov 12 2019 - 11:47, said:

New maps are coming out as fast as the dev team can make them/ remake them. 

Minsk is getting a redo and Pearl river is next

The feature you mentioned is currently in Blitz so it's not impossible, however there are other issues to consider since Blitz isn't 100% a WoT PC copy. 

To your Point though. Yes WG likes money, and is a sell out, but new maps/ new Tanks are needed to keep players interested. Free 2 Play games all have to release new content to keep the game fresh interesting and no one works for the smiles alone. Now back to smiling at Cabbage for no reason so he knows I am working. 

edit:  not actually my excitement level...would rather they fix about half the maps in rotation first - and soap rocks - but I did have some fun games on Pearl River

Minsk is a start but didn't seem like the most egregious one 

nrnstraswa #11 Posted Nov 12 2019 - 23:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16491 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
I like this idea, it would help nations that are lacking options for premium tanks. 

KRZYBooP #12 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 18:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4135 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostJollyGrim, on Nov 12 2019 - 12:50, said:

edit:  not actually my excitement level...would rather they fix about half the maps in rotation first - and soap rocks - but I did have some fun games on Pearl River

Minsk is a start but didn't seem like the most egregious one 

You are welcome, and the soap rocks is a Game Engine issue that takes a longer time to be addressed.

Vulcan_Spectre #13 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 19:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6028 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
They should make tier 10s count as prems so you can move crews in without penelty

US_3rd_Army #14 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 38395 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

I agree with the idea of paying gold to make normal tech tree tank into premium tanks, but I feel WG would only go for this if it is on a monthly basis.

HOTA_CHATON #15 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG

View PostXumos, on Nov 12 2019 - 00:17, said:

I would love to run around in my Panther II a lot more if I could turn it into a premium. Being able to turn any tech tree T8 tank into a premium, I would definitely pay for that.

View PostXumos, on Nov 12 2019 - 00:17, said:

Great idea.  That feature has been in AW since it's inception.  After you have fully researched a tech tree vehicle, you can pay a gold premium and it is converted to a permanent premium tank, unless you sell it.  I haven't done that, with any of my tanks, over there yet and do not intend to.  I currently have about 30 gold toys to play with there, from Tier II to Tier VIII and I have enough here also, to not do it here either.  But the option is one that WG should really consider allowing us to do, if we want to.  Oh wait, that would make this already out of balance game even worse now wouldn't it.

Cowcat137 #16 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 22:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 14526 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Minsk? They are taking out the bushes, the trees and even the river. It's going to be a desert map.

WeSayNotToday #17 Posted Nov 13 2019 - 23:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24057 battles

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Nov 13 2019 - 20:20, said:

I agree with the idea of paying gold to make normal tech tree tank into premium tanks, but I feel WG would only go for this if it is on a monthly basis.

So, the question arises, how much would you pay per month for that, and should you be able to move "somewhat-premium status" to another tank when you want to?

I think the status should not be movable, to entice WG to think about offering it more.

ACC_Football #18 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 00:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 538 battles

I recommend checking out the video in the link provided. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmN7c0aYD8   Aside from the Swiss being experts at ballroom dancing, instant cocoa, and fine pastries, this particular Swiss Austrian is also  an expert at wot and his latest video examined how wargaming missed the mark on those camos for sale at the premium shop.  In World of Ships, you can buy camos that make your boats get more exp, or cost less to repair, which makes them pretty close to what a premium tank is in wot.  RaginRaptor appropriately questions why you can do this in WoWs, but not in WoT.

Like many of the assertions he makes in his numerous videos, he again makes a great point that is again...something that would appear to be a no brainer decision.  The guy is spot on with an agenda that is clearly geared towards improving the game for everyone.  From my perspective, Wargaming has made some seriously backwards decisions that run afoul of their own self interest and that do not run parallel to the well being of the game or that sustain/grow the playerbase. In the case of camos making tech tree ships essentially premium ships in WoWs, which Wargaming obviously developed; it does not make a molecule of sense that these do not exist in World of Tanks, or Planes.

I have a low opinion of the executives/decision makers at Wargaming Minsk and think they are mostly brainless but the camo issue is one of their dumber mistakes that is so foolish that they are willfully thwarting their own ability to make an enormous amount of very easy money.

Edited by ACC_Football, Nov 14 2019 - 00:22.

madogthefirst #19 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 24901 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostCowcat137, on Nov 12 2019 - 09:05, said:

Blitz has had this feature for years and they haven't fallen into a black hole of faulty RNG.  As for Panther II being OP ?  Until now I have only read complaints about it's lameness.

I assure you the Panther II is quite good much like sliphantom describes the Lowe's gun, the Panther II's is pretty much the same in that it can pull off shots that are total bullsh!t.

Spoiler

Troa_Barton #20 Posted Nov 14 2019 - 10:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4256 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

I support the idea, perhaps adding a clear skin in a "modifier" section that applies the camo bonus if not already applied and adds +20% credit income and +10% crew xp. This way you can use it to grind and rock the classic look or doll it up with paint and camouflage but not receive any further camo bonuses.

This would obviously be something you would buy in the premium shop and since it is clear you can apply it to any tank.

Coincidentally this would be really easy for wargaming to add in since you can't see it.

Either as a one time that once applied cannot be removed or much like presets now that could be unmounted and reused for both lower and higher costs respectively.

win win win

Edited by Troa_Barton, Nov 14 2019 - 10:55.

Also tagged with Suggestion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users